Turning the Tables

This is It?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What do we do now?” Yuri asked Taeyeon as they ate breakfast in the office.

“I really don’t know any more; did Jessica say anything?” Taeyeon replied solemnly.

“Everything she knew she wrote down. We know everything she does” Yuri replied

“We have to find higher authority” Taeyeon said.

“It can’t be army, Hong’s probably the most powerful officer” Yuri said.

“Who could it be……” Taeyeon sighed, looking up at the ceiling.

“How about the Defense Ministry?” Yuri suggested.

“We’re going to have to get in touch with the right people without being traced” Taeyeon said while opening up her laptop.

“I’ll set up a secure line but it won’t last long” Yuri said, opening up her own laptop.

“Didn’t expect it to last more than 10 minutes with everything that’s going on, unless you want to do something about it” Taeyeon chuckled.

“Watch me!” Yuri playfully retorted.

“You really want me to watch your hacks get kicked out of the system?” Taeyeon laughed.

“Yah! I’ll keep a stable connection, just you watch” Yuri said.

“Don’t make me step in, I have work to do” Taeyeon teased.

“Anddddd I got it!” Yuri grinned proudly

Taeyeon looked at her laptop and it was really connected to a safe line. To avoid any complications, Taeyeon turned off a few location trackers and put up an anti-hack mechanism so no one could see what she was doing as long as she was connected to Yuri’s established line.

“Well Captain Kwon, I have to say…..this was rather impressive” Taeyeon teased.

“Very funny. I’ll keep your system stable” Yuri said, getting back to work.

“Hm….. the ministry’s system is rather difficult to get into. This is going to take a while” Taeyeon said, furrowing her eyebrows at the sight of all the commands she had to keep up with.

“I’ll do my best” Yuri said.

“Taeyeon! Yuri!” Amber shouted as she burst into the office, panting hard.

“Yul, shut the line down” Taeyeon quickly said and turned her laptop off immediately. Yuri did as Taeyeon said and disconnected all lines. Better safe than sorry.

“Whoa there. What’s going on?” Yuri walked over to Amber and patted her shoulder.

“The Flag Officers’ Board summons you” Amber said.

“What?!” both Taeyeon and Yuri shouted in disbelief.

The Flag Officers’ Board, nicknamed the Flag, rarely met and every time they did meet, it was either before a state of emergency or war was going to be declared. Summoning two specific soldiers before the entire Board probably meant that something bad was going to happen to them.

“The Flag wants to see you. News has spread all over base” Amber said.

“Did they say by when?” Yuri asked.

“Now. 11th floor of the main building” Amber said.

“Amber, do me a favor and watch over Tiffany for me” Taeyeon said.

Amber was equally confused. She didn’t know what was going on but Taeyeon and Yuri seemed to know what was. There was nothing Amber could do to help the situation but follow her seniors’ instructions carefully.

“We’ll be going now” Yuri said as she walked out with Taeyeon briskly following.

“993051” Taeyeon whispered to Amber as she walked out the door.

 

***

“Taeng are you thinking what I’m thinking?” Yuri asked Taeyeon as they took the stairs up to the 11th floor.

“Yeah

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter