Mr. X

This is It?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(This takes place a few days later)

“171……172…..173……” Yuri was doing sit ups from a pull up bar in the gym.

Rather than stay home and face Jessica, Yuri decided to blow off some steam at the gym. She needed a clear mind if she was going to ask Jessica about it.

“174…….” Yuri grunted.

RING RING RING

“Who could it be…” Yuri grumbled and detached herself from the pull up bar.

RING RING RING

“Hm……Krystal” Yuri looked at the caller ID and took a deep breath before answering.

Hello? Krystal?

Hi Yuri

What’s up? You don’t usually call heh heh

I need to talk to you about something…..about my sister.

Oh, what about? You found out from Amber right?

I’m really worried about her, she might not know what she’s getting herself into.

Why don’t you come by my office and we’ll talk there. This line isn’t too safe.

I’m already there.

Whoa what?

I thought you were in there and I really need to see you.

I’m in the gym right now but give me a few minutes and I’ll be there.

Thanks Yuri.

No problem. Bye.

Yuri ended the call and picked up her towel to wipe her forehead. A string of thoughts ran through her mind again and it was about none other than Jessica.

“I better get going” Yuri shook her head and raced to the locker room to change.

 

***

Yuri spent a total of 4 minutes in the locker room put on a shirt and some deodorant before speeding off to her office. She needed someone to talk to and Krystal was the perfect person.

“Hi…..(huff)…..Krystal” Yuri huffed as she walked into her office, making sure to shut the door behind her.

“Hi Yuri!” Krystal stood up and tried to hug Yuri but Yuri gestured for her to stop.

“Still sweaty (huff)” Yuri explained with an apologetic smile.

“Oh okay” Krystal said and eyed Yuri from head to toe. Yuri was still sweating and was in a tight t shirt and shorts, making her look extremely (and literally) hot.

“Snap out of it, you have Amber!” a voice snapped Krystal out of her trance.

“So, about your sister…..” Yuri plopped down into her chair, sipping a bottle of water.

“She doesn’t know what she’s getting herself into” Krystal said.

“Well…..me neither” Yuri said.

“What is she actually doing?” Krystal asked.

“As much as I want to tell you, this information is classified and I’m not allowed to disclose any of it. Also, I have no clue what Jessica is doing” Yuri said.

“Are you investigating?” Krystal asked.

Yuri didn’t say anything and only nodded in response.

“It’s really not in her favor, is it?” Krystal asked. She was a smart girl and could read Yuri’s expressions easily.

Again, Yuri weakly nodded her head.

“So it’s that bad…..I should’ve told you before” Krystal sighed.

“That database, can I use your access?” Yuri asked.

“Sure. Please find out the truth. I can’t bear to believe all these suspicions” Krystal solemnly said.

“I will do my best. Don’t worry too much and just focus on school. Your schoolwork is your first priority right now.” Yuri said.

“I guess you’re right, I shouldn’t meddle” Krystal said in a defeated tone.

“It’s not meddling, you’re just worried about your sister. I understand” Yuri said in a sincere tone.

“Yuri?” Krystal suddenly called out.

“What is it?” Yuri asked.

“Do you love my sister?”

That question took Yuri by surprise. It was strange to be asked such a thing while realizing that Jessica may be another person.

“Yes” Yuri honestly answered.

“If….I’m saying if she actually is behind this and is charged…..will you…..” Krystal trailed off, unable to finish her sentence.

“I don’t know……I really don’t know” Yuri sighed and looked up at the ceiling.

“Me neither” Krystal added.

“Do me a favor and don’t tell Jessica about this, not yet. I want to find things out myself” Yuri said.

“Okay” Krystal said.

“Do you need me to take you home?” Yuri offered.

“It’s okay, Amber’s taking me to school. She has some sort of test today” Krystal’s face brightened up at the mention of Amber.

“Ah yes, the entrance exam” Yuri chuckled.

“Bye Yuri, thanks so much” Krystal waved before leaving Yuri alone in her office.

“You’re driving me crazy” Yuri muttered, walking over to her coffee maker for a drink.

“Psh you’re driving yourself crazy” an ahjumma voice pierced the silence.

“Hahaha I must be going crazy, hearing stupid voices out of nowhere” Yuri looked to see that her door was still closed and continued to pour her coffee, concluding that she’s going insane.

“Excuse me. Stupid voices?” the voice was heard again.

“What the heck?” Yuri turned around to see Taeyeon lazily slumped in a chair.

“Yeah what the heck Kwon, since when was my voice stupid” Taeyeon snapped.

“Sorry…..when did you come in? The door was closed the whole time” Yuri semi-panicked.

“I am ninja, noiseless” Taeyeon stuck a dorky ninja pose while sitting.

“Whatever midget, what’s up?” Yuri finished filling her cup and sat back in her chair. She didn’t even bother getting Taeyeon a cup after seeing how hyper she already was.

“Today’s the day” Taeyeon said, showing Yuri something on her phone.

It was a conversation between “Jiyeon” and X.

“Oh he responded?” Yuri asked.

“Yep, I set everything up already. We’re going to get him here” Taeyeon slid Yuri a picture.

“Where is this?” Yuri was puzzled.

“Ever been to a fish factory?”

“Time” Yuri said.

“00:00” Taeyeon smirked and left Yuri alone again.

“This better be worth it” Yuri grumbled.

 

***

Yuri made her way back to her room. She’d have what’s left of the day to rest and prepare for the operation with Taeyeon tonight. Judging by Taeyeon’s confidence, she assumed the plan was to go in the front door and leave with X out the back.

Yuri was so into whatever she was thinking that she didn’t see that the door was closed. Walking at a moderate speed, Yuri slammed face first into her front door and fell to the ground.

BOOM

“Awwwwwwww” Yuri held her nose and squirmed around in pain on the ground.

She could hear shuffling behind the door and moments later, Jessica was standing in the doorway, looking down at Yuri.

“Um…..” Jessica looked at Yuri confusedly.

Yuri pointed at her face then at the door.

“Wow, come on get up” Jessica helped Yuri get up and inside, not forgetting to steal a kiss.

“Idiot” Jessica said, placing an ice pack on Yuri’s swollen nose as Yuri sat on the bed.

“Ouch” Yuri hissed but relaxed when she saw the worry in Jessica’s eyes.

“So she does care about me kekekeke”

“What were you doing? Sleepwalking?” Jessica laughed

“I was….thinking…..a lot” Yuri said.

“Please watch where you’re going next time. I want my handsome Seobang to have a nose” Jessica teased, making Yuri blush a bit.

“I’ll be more careful” Yuri said.

“Are you done for the day?” Jessica asked, hoping to spend some time with Yuri.

“In the meantime, yes” Yuri said with a smile and scooted a little closer to Jessica.

“Are you going out?” Jessica asked.

“Nope, I’m all yours for now” Yuri said, wrapping her ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter