I'm a Mess

This is It?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was another busy day at the Hwang Enterprises office. All of the employees were doing their jobs but now that Tiffany Hwang has become the new head of the company, the office was a complete mess.

“Ms. Hwang there’s someone on the phone asking for you”

“Ms. Hwang you have a meeting in 25 minutes with the research department”

“Ms. Hwang when would you like to fit the interview for the local newspaper into your schedule?”

“Ms. Hwang this needs to be signed right now, it’s urgent”

 “STOP” Tiffany yelled.

Everyone stopped to look at the flustered girl. While they did want to feel bad for her for being put in the hot seat all of a sudden, the tasks needed to be done for the company to function came first. Tiffany had arrived to work on time but as soon as she stepped foot into her office secretaries, department heads, assistants, interns swamped her with things to be done and places to be. Needless to say, Tiffany wasn’t prepared for such a job right now. She needed time to adjust to the fast paced atmosphere.

Tiffany took a deep breath and did some breathing exercises before speaking.

“One at a time” she calmly ordered the crowd of employees.

“There’s someone on the phone” her secretary stepped forward and said.

“Who is it?” Tiffany asked.

“It’s the construction manager in charge of the condo-“

“Tell him to call me back in two hours” Tiffany said and quickly dismissed the secretary.

“Research and development would like a memo and rundown before the meeting and it’s in 20 minutes” the intern said.

“Memo? What?” Tiffany asked in exasperation.

“There was a briefing I placed on your desk before you arrived this morning. The meeting needs a rundown because of the sudden time crunch and compact deadlines set for our next project” the intern carefully explained, knowing that Tiffany had no knowledge of anything here.

“Briefing? Oh no was this it?” Tiffany held up and blue folder.

“That’s it” the intern said.

“I….kind of haven’t gotten to it yet. Can we go without it?” Tiffany asked.

“The R&D head requested that there be one present so we won’t waste time. The meeting is only an hour long and we have to go over the timeline set for the rest of the month, there’s no way we can do everything in such a short period of time without an outline” the intern said.

“Okay, um…..give it to my secretary and tell her to do it; I’ll be down there as soon as possible” Tiffany said and the intern rushed out to find her secretary.

“When is a good time for the interview?” the public relations leader asked.

“Wait since when was I going to be interviewed?” Tiffany asked.

“The press has put all their attention into your new job. They want answers and fast” the PR lady said.

“Is there any way to back out of it?” Tiffany asked.

“I’m afraid not. The owner of that newspaper has stocks in our company and he said that he wanted to be the first to hear from you about this so he can publish it before anyone else does” the PR lady explained, feeling very bad for Tiffany.

“Hold on let me pull up my schedule” Tiffany said, tapping on her phone to get her weekly schedule.

Before all of this, her schedule was always full of white spaces meaning free time but ever since she took on the new role, her schedule became a rainbow of work.

“Tomorrow night is the earliest. I can do that after I meet with the Japan branch executives” Tiffany said.

“I guess that’ll do. I’ll arrange a fancy dinner at a sophisticated restaurant” the PR lady said and left to finish her tasks.

“Please tell me you’re the last one” Tiffany said to the office intern.

“For now I am, this needs to be signed and returned to legal ASAP” he said, voice quivering.

“What the heck is this?” Tiffany asked in frustration, holding up the stack of papers.

“It’s the new set of policies for the building” he said.

“What building?” Tiffany asked.

“This one” he said.

“I thought we owned this building, what is there to agree to?” Tiffany asked.

“I’m afraid not. We rent it and we’ve been renting it but the landlord has put out a new agreement for us and legal will take care of everything after you sign it” he said.

“Um okay then” Tiffany quickly signed the papers and kicked the intern out of her office.

“Phew” she sighed.

She’s been working here for over a week now but because she hasn’t actually worked before that, it’s all hitting her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter