Fooled

This is It?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He’s injured though” Yuri pointed at the unconscious man.

“I got it covered” Taeyeon said.

“System activate” Taeyeon commanded the voice control.

A screen lit up with a few commands. It was extremely high tech for someone so dorky.

“Yul can you phone Doctor Choi for me?” Taeyeon asked Yuri.

“Here” Yuri pressed a few commands and the line was connected.

“Hello?” a woman’s voice came from the other line.

“It’s me, Taeyeon. I need a huge favor from you”

“How bad is it?”

“I’ll buy you a month’s worth of snacks. It’s a captive with a bullet wound and possible concussion”

“Well if you bring food into this, I’ll do it”

“I’ll send you the address, thanks Soo”

“You’d better get my food ready by then”

Taeyeon chuckled and disconnected the call. Doctor Choi was her doctor from her last hospital stay and they seemed to be quite similar in their dorky ways. After Taeyeon was discharged, she still kept contact with the tall doctor which allowed her to handle this situation much more easily than she had expected.

“Was that the tall doctor you were talking about in the hospital?” Yuri asked, remembering Taeyeon mentioning something about a doctor who loved to eat.

“Yep, the shikshin doctor” Taeyeon nodded.

“But can we trust her?” Yuri asked in suspicion. This mission was supposed to be kept a secret.

“She doesn’t ask questions if there’s food involved. I guarantee it” Taeyeon said.

“If you insist…..I’ll send her the address to the infantry hold” Yuri said, texting the address with Taeyeon’s phone.

“Thanks buddy” Taeyeon said and continued to drive.

 

 

“Soo!” Taeyeon jumped up to hug the tall woman walking toward them.

“Why hello there midget, you’ve shrunk since I last saw you” she teased.

Taeyeon and Yuri had arrived at the infantry hold safely and quickly transported X to a secure room with medical instruments. They were sitting outside the room waiting for the doctor to arrive.

“Ah and you are……” she turned to Yuri.

“Kwon Yuri, her partner in crime” Yuri joked.

“Haha Choi Sooyoung, this midget’s doctor” Sooyoung eagerly shook Yuri’s hand.

“So what’s the problem here?” Sooyoung asked Taeyeon.

“That guy in there is one of our primary suspects. Yuri subdued him with force after he tried to attack her” Taeyeon explained.

“Alright, and the extent?” Sooyoung asked.

“A bullet to the left shoulder, closer to the collarbone and impact to the right side of the head” Yuri said.

“That’s not too bad. The bullet will be a bit of a challenge because I can’t perform surgery here” Sooyoung said.

“It shouldn’t have gone too deep, I was a fair firing distance away” Yuri said.

“Then it’s not going to be a problem at all” Sooyoung smiled and entered the room.

“She’s pro” Yuri nudged Taeyeon.

“I know, that’s why I called her in” Taeyeon said.

“So full of yourself eh midget?” Yuri playfully put Taeyeon in a chokehold.

“Yah you dark giant!” Taeyeon laughed and they both fell to the ground.

“Do you think he’s going to tell us the truth?” Yuri asked after they both got back up.

“I’ll pull the words out of his mouth if I have to” Taeyeon said.

“I really hope he doesn’t play any more games” Yuri said.

“Why would he play games with Kwon Yuri? He’ll never win anyways” Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

“And you know it” Yuri added.

“Jessica……I’m one step closer to knowing the real you”

 

 

About two hours later, Sooyoung finally came out of the room with a satisfied look on her face.

“I pulled the bullet out, it wasn’t too deep and stitched the wound up. As for the blow to the head, it’s nothing more than another bump. He’s awake now” Sooyoung informed Taeyeon and Yuri.

“Thanks Soo, you’re the best” Taeyeon said with a smile.

“Don’t forget about that food you owe me, just send it to my office” Sooyoung chuckled

“No problem Doctor Shikshin” Taeyeon replied.

“I have an emergency case back at the hospital, catch you later!” Sooyoung bid goodbye to Taeyeon and Yuri and hurried back to the hospital.

“Since I hurt him, I doubt he’d want to talk to me. I’ll monitor and you do the talking” Yuri insisted and walked into the monitoring room adjacent to X’s room.

“Always leaving me the bones” Taeyeon muttered before going in to see X.

 

***

“They…..they took him” a shaky voice said.

“WHAT? How?!”

“They stormed through the factory and just mowed down all the guards, even the sniper was killed”

“Are you kidding me?! Those were your so called best men?!”

“I don’t know how they did it……no one was left alive and no traces were left behind either”

“Did you check the cameras?”

“It was too dark and they mostly hid in the shadows”

“I can’t believe they managed to take him out and leave ALIVE”

“When I went to check on the scene, it’s as if a ghost attacked them”

“They’re trained professionals if they know how to use stealth to infiltrate the factory at night”

“So what should we do now?”

“Nothing, I can handle it”

“Yes Ms. Jung”

 

***

“You don’t have anything to say to me?” Taeyeon asked X, who was handcuffed to his bed.

“Why would I?” he snorted.

“True, you’re screwed either way” Taeyeon said.

“So I guess our conversation is over” he smirked.

“I think you might want to know something though” Taeyeon said.

“Oh really? Like what?” he sarcastically asked.

“Although no one knows yet. We have all the evidence to charge you for conspiracy and illegal arms trade. Oh wait, since it’s nuclear, you’ll be answering to the government too. Everyone will know you did it” Taeyeon said.

“Not bad, I’ve seen worse” he scoffed.

“Funny thing is…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter