Helpless

This is It?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is he in there?” Yuri got out of Victoria’s car and walked towards the building

“He should be” Victoria poked her head out the window and said

“Okay stay here Vic” Yuri slowly approached the building, all of the lights were off.

The base’s training building is the oldest structure on base. It’s mainly used for armed training practices for infantry recruits. Yuri had been in this building a few times before with Taeyeon when they conducted drills during their infantry days but she didn’t know there were meeting rooms in there. It’s mostly a large, abandoned building with 4 floors of empty simulation rooms.

Yuri pushed the main door opened and walked up the first flight of stairs on the left. Since the building was usually abandoned, the lighting was old and dim.

“Sir?” Yuri called out.

No response. Something was weird. General Hong wouldn’t come to places like this to meet with Yuri.

She turned around to see masked thugs charging at her with a variety of weapons ranging from knives to machetes. She couldn’t even run from them, they were coming from all directions including the windows.

“At least they don’t have guns” Yuri muttered to herself as she prepared herself for a brutal royal rumble.

 

Outside, Victoria sat in her car, watching swarms of thugs running into the building.

“Sorry Yuri…..I love you” Victoria wiped a tear away and dialed a number on her phone.

“No more disturbances, do as you wish” she spoke coldly then hung up and drove away

 

Yuri expertly took down another crowd of assailants, swiftly disarming them as they charged at her with their assortment of weapons. But as good as Yuri was at hand to hand combat, this was tiring her out. She was trained to fight for long periods of time but it was usually against one person, not seventy. The waves of attackers seemed to come endlessly.

“Tch, there has to be a way out” Yuri cursed under her breath as she kicked an attacker right into the wall.

Yuri was running against the clock. Someone had deliberately planned all of this. If she wanted to find out the truth behind this, she needed to contact Taeyeon. Her buddy was the only person she would trust under such conditions but there was no signal in the building. She had to find a way out.

She took down another swarm of thugs before slipping through a gap of injured thugs, sprinting down the stairs and bolting through the door. Part of her already told her that Victoria would not be outside waiting and it was right, she wasn’t.

“Maybe she left to take cover” Yuri said to herself before running to find cover away from the remaining thugs in the building.

Before she could even pull her phone out, she saw a masked figure aiming a gun in her direction through the corner of her eyesight and dropped to the ground. The bullet missed her head by mere inches but Yuri had already drawn her gun out of the holster and fired two shots back. Although she wasn’t as accurate as Taeyeon, two bullet should be enough to take the gunman out. Her predictions were right, he dropped to the ground after both bullets hit his chest.

Yuri didn’t even get to take a breath of relief before she saw more thugs, armed with heavy weaponry and firearms this time, coming from the back of a parked truck. She took cover behind an abandoned car outside of the building to reload her gun.

“Gotta get Taeng, I only have two clips left” Yuri meticulously calculated and remembered that her phone had a distress signal feature. Taeyeon and her had agreed years ago that in case of danger, the distress signal would immediately notify the other and the other would help as soon as possible. They swore to protect each other.

Yuri managed to activate the signal and prayed silently for a couple seconds before getting out of her position and returning fire to the thugs.

“One….two…..” Yuri fired each shot with extreme precision; she needed to conserve her ammo.

While Yuri was busy trying to suppress enemy fire, someone ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter