Completing the Puzzle

This is It?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey there” Taeyeon greeted Jiyeon as she walked into the interrogation room.

“You!” Jiyeon was furious for waiting so long

“Yes?” Taeyeon innocently asked while sitting down.

Unable to resist Taeyeon’s cuteness and charm, Jiyeon decided not to stay angry at Taeyeon. After all, she did have a crush on her.

“So, I heard you’re not cooperating” Taeyeon sighed and opened her notepad.

“How could I if I couldn’t see you?” Jiyeon snorted

“Well here I am, so will you talk now?” Taeyeon cocked an eyebrow at Jieyon.

“About what?” Jiyeon played dumb

“You know what I’m talking about” Taeyeon calmly answered, reading the text message Yuri had sent her.

Yuri: ARGH LET ME IN THERE SO I CAN RIP HER HEAD OFF

Taeyeon: Chill

Yuri: I’M SO GOING TO KILL HER IF SHE DOESN’T TALK

Taeyeon: Chill…….

Yuri: I’LL WIPE THAT SMIRK OFF HER FACE….NO I’LL RIP IT OFF HER FACE

Taeyeon: Chill

Taeyeon was so engrossed in picturing the piping mad Yuri on the other side of the wall that she didn’t realize she was ignoring Jiyeon.

“Are you getting ready to put my number in your phone?” Jiyeon cockily remarked

“Nah I already have it” Taeyeon smartly replied

“You do?” Jiyeon’s face lit up.

“Yeah, the number of the prison and the extension to your cell” Taeyeon said while waving her phone in front of Jiyeon’s face.

“Wait but you said-“ Jiyeon was ticked off that they hadn’t kept their promise of keeping her out of jail.

“For the record, you said that. We never actually agreed” Taeyeon said.

“You lied!” Jiyeon jumped out of her seat, ready to attack Taeyeon only to be stopped by a gun pointed at her head.

“I run the show around here and I don’t have to promise you anything. Now sit down before I send a bullet through you” Taeyeon sternly warned.

“You wouldn’t dare” Jiyeon challenged her, not moving.

“Oh really?” Taeyeon smirked and loaded a bullet into the chamber.

“I dare you” Jiyeon snorted, her voice was getting shaky because she was actually scared.

“You said so” Taeyeon said and fired a shot.

BANG

The bullet had missed Jiyeon’s head by mere millimeters. Taeyeon wasn’t planning to kill her all along, she sensed the fear in Jiyeon’s voice and purposely tested Jiyeon’s patience. Turns out, Jiyeon wasn’t as tough as she predicted so Taeyeon just fired the shot close enough to both scare Jiyeon and show her who’s boss.

“What….” Jiyeon opened her eyes and checked her head, no bullet.

Taeyeon was still cutely smiling at her.

“It’s right there” Taeyeon pointed at the wall

“……..” Jiyeon was too shocked to speak

“Now sit down and start talking” Taeyeon lightly pushed Jiyeon back into her seat and sat down herself.

“………” Jiyeon was still breathing very heavily.

“Or else……” Taeyeon reached for her gun.

“I didn’t do it on purpose” Jiyeon blurted out.

“Then why?” Taeyeon asked.

“I was forced to do it, I had to keep you away” Jiyeon said.

“From Tiffany Hwang?” Taeyeon asked, not wanting to show emotion.

“Yes……they had to kill her while you were away” Jiyeon said.

“Why did they want to kill her? Is she part of your plan?” Taeyeon asked.

“No she’s not, but her father is. The arms trade. The Hwangs stopped cooperating so we had to do something and we found out the Hwangs had a heiress” Jiyeon stammered.

“So killing her was blackmail?” Taeyeon asked.

“Sort of. We figured if we killed Tiffany Hwang, then her father would be scared that we would hurt the rest of his family and also Tiffany…….” Jiyeon trailed off.

“Tiffany what? You said she wasn’t involved in the deal” Taeyeon said.

“She’s not but her best friend is” Jiyeon said.

“Jung heiress Jessica Jung?” Taeyeon carefully asked, knowing Yuri was listening in.

“Yes” Jiyeon affirmed.

Taeyeon sighed and turned herself to face the one sided glass panel. She knew Yuri heard it.

“It’s not the whole truth” Taeyeon signaled Yuri with her eyes and turned her attention back to Jiyeon.

 

Behind the panel, Yuri let out a heavy sighed and closed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter