The Great Escape

This is It?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Taeng……we’re so screwed” Yuri said in horror.

The warrant accused them of committing the most severe of crimes, conspiracy against the government. They were now Korea’s most wanted criminals.

“We have to get out of here” Taeyeon said, looking around for an exit.

“We’re not walking out” Yuri said, bolting to the door and locking it.

Seconds later, a lot of footsteps were thundering outside of the room. Taeyeon’s mind went blank until she hit reality.

General Hong had turned the entire military force against them.

“No time to fight, this way!” Taeyeon pointed at the window. It was bolted shut but there was a way to open it.

“Back up for a sec” Yuri took a few steps back and sent a charging kick at the lock on the window.

CLACK

The lock went flying through the shattered glass window and landed below.

“If I had to guess, we have a few minutes before they come crashing through that door” Taeyeon said while Yuri pushed the window back, leaving a small but ample space.

“Out we go” Yuri said, slipping through the space and stepping out on the windowsill. She paused for a moment to adjust to the cold air outside (it’s winter).

“We’re on the 11th floor….” Taeyeon cursed under her breath.

“No choice, we’ll just climb our way down” Yuri said, stepping on the windowsill next to her.

“From soldiers to delinquents to monkeys” Taeyeon said climbing out of the window onto the windowsill.

“It’s less of a hassle if we go separate ways” Yuri said, looking down to find a climbing route.

“If you got right and I go left, we’ll end up on the same windowsill five floors down” Taeyeon said, marking her own route.

“As long as we stall them, we should be safe for now” Yuri said, gesturing Taeyeon to start her descent.

“You go, I got it” Taeyeon said and slammed the broken window back inward so the shattered glass bits were scattered all over the ground of the room they were just in.

By the time Taeyeon had climbed down one floor, Yuri was already down three.

“Kkab” Taeyeon chuckled and continued to carefully climb.

Yuri, on the other hand, wasn’t even climbing. She was dropping down from window to window, shifting her weight when necessary. She spent a lot of time rock climbing and rappelling so this wasn’t much of a challenge for her. The only problem she had was making sure no one saw her when she landed in front of a window.

“Taenggggggg!” Yuri shouted, not too loud.

“What?” Taeyeon hissed. She was tired and quite scared right now. 9 floors above ground with the wind constantly blowing in her face. One slip up and she’d fall to her death.

“Patrols around base, we have to sneak out” Yuri shouted back.

“Scout them out and I’ll take care of them” Taeyeon replied, stopping again to take a short break and to gather her senses back together.

As expected, Yuri finished gracefully swooping down the building and landed safely on the ground behind the building. Taeyeon was still slowly but steadily descending the third floor, stopping every time she needed to look down.

Yuri looked around. No patrols were in s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter