All Along

This is It?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Soooo how was it?” Taeyeon flashed her biggest ert smile at Yuri.

“Make up is the best kekeke” Yuri snickered, thinking about what had just happened in the last 3 hours.

“I’m glad it’s all over buddy” Taeyeon laughed.

“It’s pretty cool though” Yuri nodded n approval.

“I haven’t looked over the logbook yet; I figured you’d probably want to see it first” Taeyeon handed Yuri Jessica’s logbook.

Yuri flipped through Jessica’s logbook, doing a preliminary scan of the details before she would go through with a thorough analysis.

“I looked over most of the papers in the briefcase with Amber and I have my suspicions about someone” Taeyeon said, taking a bar of chocolate out of her desk drawer.

“Who?” Yuri asked

“Well remember when we found out that there was most likely someone in the high ranks of the government helping to facilitate the smooth flow of transactions?” Taeyeon asked, struggling to open the chocolate bar.

“You need help?” Yuri teased and took the wrapper off with ease.

“Bleh” Taeyeon stuck her tongue out at Yuri and began chomping on the chocolate.

“Hey! Pay attention!” Yuri snapped her fingers.

“Oh right, as I was saying. Jiyeon and Victoria provided evidence that it was not one, but two men in top positions” Taeyeon said.

“I don’t see what you’re trying to get at” Yuri said.

“There was a public seminar on Middle Eastern relations and nuclear warfare not too long ago here on base” Taeyeon said.

“That?” Yuri asked.

“We overlooked something huge” Taeyeon said.

“Mmm……” Yuri nodded while reading the logbook.

“There are only two people on base affiliated with the nuclear arms committee and were present as guest speakers for that seminar.” Taeyeon said.

“No way……” Yuri gasped.

“Yes way, it’s them” Taeyeon said

“Them” Yuri showed Taeyeon a particular page with two names highlighted.

“General Hong and Colonel Lee” Taeyeon sighed.

 

***

“Are you serious?!” Amber asked in shock

“Unfortunately no” Yuri said.

“Both of them are up for promotion and appointment to the Ministry of Defense” Amber said.

“I know, that’s what makes it hard” Taeyeon said.

“But we have to do something before they launch the next wave of attacks” Yuri said.

“This is beyond screwed up” Amber grumbled.

“You didn’t hear this from us and you don’t know anything” Taeyeon instructed.

“Got it, but what are you going to do about it?” Amber asked.

“No idea, you go back first and lay low for a while. We won’t call you back until something happens” Yuri said.

“Be careful” Amber warned and promptly left.

“Do you think that was obvious enough?” Yuri asked.

“There’s always room for improvement” Taeyeon said.

 

***

“They’re onto us”

“I know, I heard”

“What now?”

“Put both of them on the wanted list and send the Intelligence Agency after them. Make it public”

“Then?”

“Kill them and do it cleanly”

***

“Taetae” Tiffany cooed.

“Hm?” Taeyeon responded.

“You look stressed” Tiffany rested her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“It’s just from work, no big deal” Taeyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter