Lunch Break

This is It?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CLICK

“They’re really…..” Taeyeon grunted and shifted her gun.

Suddenly, whoever was unlocking the latch stopped. Taeyeon and Yuri could hear the two guards talking to someone.

“GOOD AFTERNOON SARGE” the two men yelled

“What are you two doing?” a familiar voice

“Checking each vehicle that comes past the gate, there are two-“

“I know. I’ll take over”

“What?”

“I said I’ll take over. You two go check the cameras”

“But…..”

“I’m not going to repeat myself”

“YES SARGE”

Taeyeon and Yuri could hear the two guards’ footstops, scurrying away from whoever just ordered them to leave.

“Please step aside” the mysterious person ordered the truck driver

CLICK

SNAP

The latch unlocked and the door slowly opened, revealing a familiar face with a familiar grin plastered on her face. The person climbed onto the back of the truck and approached Taeyeon and Yuri.

“Amber!” Yuri whispered excitedly

“Thanks” Taeyeon said, fist bumping Amber

“Good thing you told me which license plate to watch out for” Amber said.

“Eh?” Yuri said confusedly

 

Flashback

“Now. 11th floor of the main building” Amber said.

“Amber, do me a favor and watch over Tiffany for me” Taeyeon said.

Amber was equally confused. She didn’t know what was going on but Taeyeon and Yuri seemed to know what was. There was nothing Amber could do to help the situation but follow her seniors’ instructions carefully.

“We’ll be going now” Yuri said as she walked out with Taeyeon briskly following.

“993051” Taeyeon whispered to Amber as she walked out the door.

FLASHBACK END

 

“Wow….” Yuri said

“Everyone’s after you right now, you’d best lay low for a while” Amber said

“We will” Taeyeon nodded.

“By the way, here’s everything you need. It’s all I can do for now” Amber said, handing Yuri a briefcase.

“Thanks Amber, you should get going before those two suspect anything” Taeyeon said.

“Good luck” Amber said before jumping off and closing the door.

“You can go now” they heard Amber inform the driver.

Moments later, the driver had started the truck and continued driving.

“What is this?” Yuri asked Taeyeon while inspecting the briefcase.

“Open it up” Taeyeon said.

Yuri opened the briefcase and inside were a bunch of papers, a phone, a credit card, and a key.

“We’re going to bust Hong at the commissioning ceremony. The Defense Minster will be there and Hong won’t be able to stop us” Taeyeon said.

“That’s a national event! How are we going to get in?” Yuri asked, organizing the contents of the briefcase in a more fashionable order.

“That” Taeyeon grinned devilishly and pointed to the key.

“I don’t even want to know” Yuri sighed and shook her head.

“The phone there is the only way we can contact Amber and vice versa so we should ditch ours” Taeyeon advised.

“Nooooo my high score on Angry Birds will be deleted” Yuri whined.

“It’s better than losing 430 points on Flappy Bird, 4096 in 2048, all my money in the Kardashian game, and all achievements on Superstar SM. Do you know how long it took me to get perfect on all the songs?” Taeyeon ranted

“Well then……” Yuri said, hesitatingly taking her phone out of her pocket.

“Mine too” Taeyeon handed Yuri her phone.

“Goodbye high scores” Yuri pouted and proceeded to crush her phone in her hand.

“Goodbye life” Taeyeon sighed as she watched Yuri crush her phone.

The two shared a rather exaggerated moment of silence for their phones before resuming serious business.

“Okay anyways if I’m not mistaken, there are a total of 17 stop lights to the docks and our stop is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter