You again

This is It?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hang in there buddy, you’ll be alright” Taeyeon kept a hand on Yuri’s shoulder.

The EMTs had quickly ushered Yuri into an ambulance and sped off, not before Taeyeon jumped on to make sure her friend was absolutely okay. Yuri was shot in the chest and even though she had a bulletproof vest on, the bullet cracked something.

“I’m fine….” Yuri said through her oxygen mask, wincing in pain every so often.

The screen on the device the EMT was holding suddenly started to beep and red lines appeared on the screen.

“Step on it!” the EMT monitoring Yuri shouted to the driver.

“What’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked him.

“She’ll be losing consciousness. There may be a cracked rib or ruptured organs, the bullet was seriously no joke” he replied and went back to stabilizing Yuri.

“Yul you’re not allowed to die” Taeyeon desperately said as Yuri slipped out of consciousness.

***

“ARGH!!!!” Jessica hit the steering wheel when she stepped on the brakes for possibly the 20th time since they began to drive.

“Jessie if the car breaks down, you’ll never get there” Tiffany said, tapping on her phone.

“I don’t get it. The ambulance was right ahead of us but why are we being blocked by so much traffic?” Jessica huffed.

“I’m sure a speeding ambulance would’ve caused some shock and traffic” Tiffany said.

“I think I’m going to go on foot. There’s no telling when this is going to clear up” Jessica said.

Tiffany slowly turned her head to look at her best friend.

“Are you okay?” Tiffany asked.

“What?” Jessica replied as she was fumbling with her seatbelt.

“You’re going to walk four miles….by foot? You?” Tiffany asked in amusement.

Jessica Jung was no active person, much less a walker.

“No wrong. I’m running there if I’m going to meet Yuri in the ER” Jessica replied.

Tiffany could only respond by dropping her jaw as far down as possible.

“You take the car and meet me there, okay?” Jessica said as she opened the door and jumped out. Thanks to the completely stopped traffic, there was no danger.

“Whipped, Jung, so whipped” Tiffany chuckled and shook her head as she hopped into the driver’s seat.

***


“Where…..is……she?” Jessica asked, panting and out of breath.

“The doctors are still checking up on her” Taeyeon responded.

Yuri had needed an urgent operation to stop the internal bleeding. It’d taken Jessica almost an hour to get to the hospital and another 30 minutes to find them.

“Is she……okay?” Jessica asked.

“I hope so” Taeyeon mumbled.

BRRRNNGGG

“I’m going to step away for a sec” Taeyeon informed Jessica and walked away to pick her phone up.

“Hello?”

“This is the Administrations Board head officer calling for Kim Taeyeon”

“Yes?”

“We heard that you and your partner, Kwon Yuri, are at the hospital. Are you okay?”

“I’m unharmed but my partner took the hit. She’s in surgery but she’s expected to live”

“That’s good to hear. The Board would like you two to be present at the next hearing to determine your status in the army”

“Reinstating?”

“The hearing will hopefully clear you two of all allegations. Now with Hong locked up, we’ll proceed to handle this issue professionally. The Minister of Defense will be presiding over this.”

“I don’t think we can be there so soon, Yuri….”

“I’m just informing you of this. Details will be delivered later after we learn more of Kwon Yuri’s health”

“Uh…sure, I guess I don’t have a say here do I?”

“Just protocol. You should be familiar with it”

“I understand”

“Someone will be in contact with you soon”

“Thank you f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter