A New Leader

This is It?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Here's the actual update for this story and it's correct this time. Sorry for confusing you all yesterday. Also, I won't be updating this story too often because I'll be working on "Jessica Chronicles". I want that one to catch up with the storyline before progressing into our next series of events, Thanks for the support! I love reading your comments :)

 

 

“Aw you better get it, I’m starving” Yuri whined.

“If you want to eat, eat this” Taeyeon said, pulling a power bar out of her pocket and throwing it at Yuri.

She wasn’t going to kill the duck. Not today. They needed to save their bullets for other things. They’d be in real trouble if they ran out of ammo during a firefight.

“You could’ve told me you had this” Yuri said, unwrapping the bar.

“You didn’t ask” Taeyeon said, putting the gun back into Yuri’s holster. She sat down in the grass and watched Yuri wolf the food down.

“Yul” Taeyeon said.

“Mmmrrphhh” Yuri responded with full.

“How did we end up like this?” Taeyeon chuckled.

Yuri swallowed the food in and looked at the sky.

“I’m pretty sure we were set up from the start. Hong had no intention of letting us actually do our jobs correctly. He just used us” Yuri sighed.

As much as they didn’t want to believe that they fell into a trap, it was true.

“I’m worried” Taeyeon said.

“About them? Me too” Yuri said.

“I’m really worried about Mr. Hwang and Mr. Jung. Now that we’ve foiled Hong’s plan, he’s surely going to go after them. Tiffany and Jessica probably don’t know that we’ve been framed. Well….Jessica might know but who knows what she’s thinking” Taeyeon said.

“If Hong gets to them before we do, he’d find a way to turn them against us. I just know it” Yuri said.

“That’s why we need to make sure the Defense Minister knows about this as soon as possible” Taeyeon said, standing up and brushing her legs off.

“Ready when you are” Yuri grinned.

“Let’s go” Taeyeon gestured Yuri and they headed off again.

After another 20 minutes of cautious walking and evading patrols in the area, they reached the car lot. It looked the same as the last time they visited this place.

“Wow it’s still here” Yuri said as they approached the gate.

“This area isn’t under construction yet so there aren’t any plans to demolish this” Taeyeon explained, thanking her habit of reading the news every day.

“It’s open” Yuri said and pushed the gate open enough for both of them to slip in and then closed it again.

“I’ll set up a vantage point up there” Taeyeon said, pointing to the top of a pile of old cars.

“I’ll look around to see if we need to do any patching” Yuri said.

They agreed to meet back in 30 minutes and headed their separate ways.

Taeyeon inspected her choice of a vantage point. It had to be high enough for her to see the entire car lot but low enough for her to back Yuri up on the ground if any patrols came in. She climbed up the pile and set up her rifle while looking around to see if any guards were coming their way. Taeyeon was their first line of defense and she needed to stay alert.

Meanwhile, Yuri walked around the car lot to make sure that there weren’t any areas that would expose them to possible patrols. She took note that there was a back gate and that could come in handy if they were to flee the scene quickly. After a thorough inspection of the area, Yuri concluded that they weren’t going to be vulnerable if they were ambushed from the ground. She had even mapped out several hiding spots and escape routes they could take if all goes wrong.

All they needed to do was stay alive for 15 more days. They had to make it to the commissioning ceremony alive if they wanted to speak to the Defense Minister.

“Yul!” Taeyeon waved to Yuri, catching her attention.

“It’s good, we should be safe here” Yuri said, looking up at Taeyeon (for once).

“I have a feeling it’s not going to be quiet the entire time” Taeyeon said,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter