Exposition

This is It?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You won’t believe this” Tiffany said as she stormed into Jessica’s office with Jessica’s secretary chasing after her.

“I’m sorry Ms. Jung, she just-“ the secretary frantically apologized

“It’s okay, she’s a little mentally unstable” Jessica chuckled and waved her off. The secretary paused to look at Tiffany for a second before leaving the office in confusion.

“Look who’s the mentally unstable one” Tiffany said, rolling her eyes at Jessica.

“Hey, this stuff is trivial” Jessica defended while pointing at the sea of papers covering her desk.

“Sure Ms. Big Shot CEO” Tiffany joked.

“What are you doing here anyway? Don’t you have loads of work to do?” Jessica asked.

“I have an event to attend today” Tiffany said.

“Okay….then why are you here?” Jessica asked.

“Are you okay? You said you would come with me” Tiffany reached across the desk to check Jessica’s temperature.

“What event? I’m booked for this afternoon” Jessica said, moving her head to avoid Tiffany’s hand.

“Oh my gosh Jessie” Tiffany scoffed.

“What?” Jessica asked.

“You promised that you would go with me to the commission ceremony, it’s a big deal you know” Tiffany whined.

“I did?” Jessica asked in disbelief that she would forget.

“Why are you my BFF again?” Tiffany narrowed her eyes to glare at her friend.

“Because….no one else can handle you?” Jessica teased.

“Yah!” Tiffany yelled. Her voice was so loud that Jessica could’ve sworn she heard an echo.

“Okay okay, I don’t think I have any meetings but I was going to stay here and read some stuff” Jessica said.

“Aish, just come with me. The press is expecting us to be all cute and pretty there” Tiffany said.

“Fine….” Jessica huffed.

“Sorry Jessie, that’s what happens when you become the face of the country’s business industry” Tiffany laughed.

“Then let’s get going” Jessica said.

“Well…..” Tiffany looked at the ceiling.

“What now?” Jessica sighed.

“We should go there in style, you know…..because we’re representing….” Tiffany trailed off.

“We’ll take the Lamboroghini” Jessica conformed to her friend’s flashy request.

“Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you bestie” Tiffany winked while pulling Jessica out of the office.

“Gross, save that for Taetae” Jessica groaned.

***

“Yo waddup this is MC Yuri standing by”

“Kwon Yuri you’re not cool”

“Ya got that wrong dawg, MC Yuri is ready to rock this house”

“Yah! Stop playing on the radio!” Amber hollered into the radio.

“Thank you Amber” Taeyeon said.

Taeyeon, Yuri, and Amber were currently staking out the venue of the ceremony. Amber had managed to find some evidence that proved General Hong was involved in the attacks against the government but she decided not to report them yet because Hong would definitely find some way to get rid of all accusations against him.

Over the last 5 days, they worked secretly and meticulously to plan out their operation today. Amber was called in to help out because Taeyeon and Yuri were still being persecuted by the police and military and the only way to make sure guards wouldn’t disturb them would be if there was a higher authority to help out. Amber would reassign the patrol areas so Taeyeon and Yuri could effectively sneak in and the snipers nearby would also be distracted with malfunctioning equipment. If this was going to work, the three of them needed 100% cooperation and communication.

Luckily, Taeyeon and Yuri escaped the car lot without leaving a trace before the local police stormed it mere hours after their departure. Amber was able to find them through the phone she had provided them and gave them a safe place to hide out until the day of the ceremony.

Amber kept Taeyeon and Yuri informed of all the patrol routes, shifts, sniper locations, helicopters, and undercover police officers on scene so they wouldn’t run into any surprises. Most importantly, Amber told them that there would be two very special guests in attendance (no surprise who they are eh?).

While Yuri kept up with the news and knew that Jessica and Tiffany had risen to the top of the business world in a few weeks’ time, Taeyeon chose not to pay attention to it. She had no idea what Tiffany was up to and hoped that she would find out after the mess was over. Little did she know that Tiffany was a walking disaster.

“You ready to see her?” Yuri teased Taeyeon.

“Get the work done first and we’ll talk about that later” Taeyeon sternly ordered.

“Ouch, I thought you missed her” Yuri said.

“I want to fix this up before I see her again. It’s not the best idea for a corporate CEO to be seen with a wanted criminal unlike your deal……” Taeyeon said.

Yuri had snuck out a few days ago without telling Taeyeon. She’d wandered into the city in a disguise in hopes of seeing Jessica. She managed to see the ice princess walk out of the Jung Corp building but once she tried to approach, she realized that there was a police patrol nearby. General Hong must’ve figured their relationship and expected them to go back eventually. Yuri was satisfied to see her lover safe in one piece and silently retreated back to base camp where Taeyeon later scolded her.

“I miss her” Yuri whined.

“ByunYul” Taeyeon and Amber said at the same time.

“Yah!” Yuri shouted back.

Before Taeyeon got a chance to reply, Amber had spoken up first.

“It’s time”

“We’ll stay hidden until you’re ready” Taeyeon said.

“I’ll go make sure the guards by the door are gone, it shouldn’t take more than 3 minutes” Amber said.

Just like she said, Amber diverted the guards’ attention by telling them a bird fell on someone’s car, causing the car alarm to go off uncontrollably. Taeyeon and Yuri were able to blend in with the crowd of guests entering the building and safely enter unnoticed.

“We’re in” Yuri said.

“There should be a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter