#41

The Last One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh my daughter! What happened to you?" 

Mrs Son cupped her cheeks, checking every gesture she did in front of her. To see her daughter appeared in the front door was shocking. 

"I want to stay here from now on," 

Short and simple answered she gave. To tell her mother the story from the start until the hurt part ㅡShe doesn't have any thought because she scared she will breakdown.

Mrs Son looked at her in confusion. Then, her eyes trailed on the man beside Wendy. He smiled awkwardly at her when their eyet met.

"You're Junmyeon's friend?"

Mrs Son asked him with confident pointing at him. She remember him very well on the wedding day. 

"I'm Baekhyun, their best friends"

He bowed politely when he introduced himself in front of Wendy's mom. He curled a smile at Mrs Son while took a glance at mute Wendy.

"Why you are here?" She paused "With Wendy?"

"It's a long story"

Baekhyun sighed, biting his lips once he remember the situation happened today. Mrs Son let them inside her house. Baekhyun sat at the sofa while waiting for Mrs Son getting out from Wendy's room.

"You take a bath first then come out once youre done alright?"

Mrs Son wanted to know the story from Baekhyun. She felt bad vibe towards Wendy because this was the first time she went home with lifeless expression. She let Wendy be alone for while in her room. 

Wendy hugged Mrs Son tightly leaving a soft sobbing. Mrs Son patted her shoulder softly giving an encouraged words even she doesn't know what actually happened.

"Ma, I'm hungry!"

She wiped her tears, chuckling. Mrs Son widened her eyes then gaining a laughed. She must be cried for the whole time ㅡher puffy eyes and cheek proof it. Mrs Son nodded in understanding gave a thumbs up. She took a last glance at Wendy, weakly smiling then getting out from the room immediately. 

 

Mrs Son went to the kitchen, ordering the maids to prepare the foods to her daughter. After that, she straight to the living room for having some chit chat with Baekhyun.

He noticed her presence. He stood up and bowing respectfully. Mrs Son smiled while offer him to drink the maids served. He gently took and drink it mannerly.

"Did Junmyeon mad at her again?" She asked, concernly "it's must be a big matters ㅡif not, she wouldn't come here!"

"It's about another issuesㅡ The scandal issues already proof that Wendy is innocent." He bite his lips, leaving a heavy sighed "It's about Junmyeon having an affair with another girl!"

Baekhyun told everything in serious expression face. He doesn't want that come out from his mouth being twisted in bad words. He need to sacrifice for seeing their marriage life not easily destroyed because of an misunderstanding.

Mrs Son being a good listener ㅡdidnt feel want to bug or ask anything when he told the truth. She tried to make her own speculation about this matters. And, she want to think the options to solve the problems they had.

"Mrs Son, I hope you didnt claim him as a bad guyㅡ He really love her. I hope you do forgive him"

"Wendy suffer a lot. I never know she will be through all of this alone."

Mrs Son cried, shook her head in guilty. She rested her face on both of her hand. Baekhyun shut his mouth, not knowing how to confront the elder. 

"She is a strong girl." He replied "She can through this hard days"

"Ma!" 

Wendy smiled weakly at her mother. Mrs Son wiped her tears quickly hoping she didnt notice any single of it. She returned the smiled, patting the sit place beside her. Wendy took a sit while facing Baekhyun.

"Thank you for today" She smiled gratefully 

"Can you stop being so thankful?ㅡ I care about you thats why I'm here!" He pouted chuckling spilt out his lips.

"Tha- I'm happy for having a someone stay with me on hard times. I'm really bless" She waved her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter