The Forgotten Night

Hate to Protect, Protect for Love

Jessica's POV

I heard footsteps on the stairs and looked. Taeyeon came down in a sports bra and sweat pants with her hair tied behind her.

Wow. She has a nice stomach..

Her stomach was flat and curvy at just the right spot.

She walked past me avoiding my eyes and went through a door in the kitchen.

My phone beeped again.

From Hyoyeon:

            R u checking out my best friend? ;)

Oh my God, how embarrassing.

I replied back.

To Hyoyeon:

             OMG NO. I’m taken.

Oh crap, I forgot the important part.

To Hyoyeon:

             And I don’t roll that way.

From Hyoyeon:

             Thats 2 bad. She does. And shes single kekeke

Taeyeon’s gay?

To Hyoyeon:

             Even if I did roll that way, she’s a .

From Hyoyeon:

             Dont judge a book until uve read its pages is all im gonna say. -.-

So youre ok with wat i just told you? ure not gonna ask 2 be moved to a new place?

To Hyoyeon:

             Why would I do that?

From Hyoyeon:

             In fear that 1 night she will come into ur room and do the lesbian w/ u ;)

To Hyoyeon:

             Did you just say do the lesbian?

             No, I have no problem with it. It doesn’t bother me.

From Hyoyeon:

             Good.

             Im tellin u, shes a catch.

To Hyoyeon:

             I’m sure she is. No thanks.

 

Taeyeon's POV

God, how embarrassing was that. Hyoyeon had to dare me to do something stupid like that in front of the person I’m supposed to be watching over.

I thought back to that moment not even thirty minutes ago.

 

“Ugh.. This is soooooo boring and awkward to watch.” Hyoyeon groaned through the earpiece.

“Shut up.” I hissed back.

“Flirt with her or something.”

I turned to a camera and stuck my middle finger up at it.

“Seriously! This is so boring I feel like smashing my head against the monitors!”

“Hey now! That’s a no no. Those are expensive.” Sooyoung said. I hadn’t heard her for a while.

“Oh, you are? How do you think I feel??”

“I’m just saying, Tae. Do something interesting.” Hyo said.

 “You’re making me look like a crazy person talking to myself.”

“I’ve got it! Let’s play a game of dare! It’s a good way to ease the weird tension in that room!”

“Okay. What is it?”

“Jinjja?? You’ll do it???”

“Yeah, I’ll do it. Just tell me.”

“Okay! But if you don’t do it, I get to roundhouse kick you next time I see you.” That was how our games of dare went. Instead of having to tell some dirty little secret if you refuse to do a dare, we get punched or kicked. It first started like that because we had just started our training for protective service, which involved learning the basics in fighting. We were excited to learn that stuff so we started randomly kicking each other. One night we were playing a drinking game of Dare and in the end we started kicking each other if we refused a dare. It’s weird, I know.

I stayed silent, waiting for her to tell me the dare.

“I dare you to flirt with Jessica.”

 “Okay, not that, idiot.”

“Ugh, I knew that wouldn’t work… Fine… I dare you to…” she stopped talking as she thought up a dare. “I dare you to dance in front of the camera.”

I laughed loud at that. “Can I go somewhere for this?”

 

And then it happened, I embarrassed the crap out of myself, and I came down here to work out and hide from Jessica.

I jabbed at the punching bag in front of me.

Kickboxing is usually the workout I go to when I need to clear my mind, or in this case, hide from someone.

Jab, hook, switch kick.

“You look good doing that, Tae.”

“Dear Christ, can I be alone for thirty minutes???!” I yelled, punching the punching bag as hard as I could. I grabbed my water bottle, taking a swig. When I set it down, I turned off my earpiece.

An hour later, I climbed the stairs of the basement and walked into the kitchen. Sooyoung, Krystal, and Jessica were all sitting in the living room.

What? Sooyoung and Krysta are here? School isn’t over yet.. it’s only… I looked at my phone’s time. Oh… never mind…

I wiped the sweat my forehead as I walked into the living room.

“You’re already here. I guess I lost track of time.” I said.

“Yes, Kim Taeyeon. I brought our child back from school and you weren’t even here to greet her when she came in.” Sooyoung tsked.

“I was in the basement, smartass.”

“I see that.” Sooyoung said, eyeing me up and down in a seductive way. “I love seeing you when you finish working out. All sweaty and out of breath. It’s y.”

I chuckled and walked to the stairs to go to my room. “I’m gonna wash up. Be down in ten.”

Fifteen minutes later, the three of them were watching TV.

“Okay guys, now that everyone’s here we need to have a little meeting.” I said as I sat on the loveseat alone. Sooyoung switched from the couch to the loveseat to sit with me.

“Meeting?” she said, narrowing her eyes at me. “Wasn’t yesterday enough?”

“Not like that,” I said. “More like a little talk, some questions, things like that.”

Jessica turned off the TV and everyone turned their attention to me.

“Okay, so first, I’ll settle a couple of things for you.” I said. “First is that while you’re here, it’s your house as well. You don’t need to ask me for permission to take something from the kitchen or turn the TV on or pull a book from the shelf. If you buy something from the grocery store that you don’t want me to touch, just write your name on it or something. Be considerate of the other people in this house though. If you take the last of something, then write it on a sticky note and put it on the fridge or something. Also, about the kitchen. I like my kitchen spotless. So when you’re done with whatever it is, just wash the dish put it away and throw away whatever is left over.”

I looked at them to make sure they got it. Krystal nodded and Jessica just stared at me. I don’t know how I felt about the way she was looking at me, but I kept my mouth shut about it.

“My room is off limits. If I’m in there and you need me, just knock or call me. Your room is your privacy as well, so I won’t go in unless knocking first or unless I deem it necessary. I’m sorry about yesterday’s introduction of me. I wasn’t in my right mind, I guess.”

Krystal smiled comfortingly. “It’s okay!”

Jessica just sat there and continued to look blankly at me.

I cleared my throat uncomfortably. “Well.. umm… I hope what I said yesterday about not getting along isn’t true..” I cleared my throat again and looked at Jessica.

Yep.. still staring at me..

“So… uh… so-something that w-uh-we need to do since you will be-um-staying with m-me is-uh…” I was stuttering like a broken down car trying to start up.

Sooyoung patted my back reassuringly.

“Breathe, Tae.” Hyoyeon said.

My girls know I start stuttering when I’m really nervous. Jessica’s look was making me that way.

I took a short breath. “Well.. I-I see Hyoyeon and S-Sooyoung have your n-numbers already.. W-we’re g-going to n-need to communicate with each other w-when I-I’m elsewhere..”

Krystal understood where I was going with this and took her phone out.

Thank god…

“You need our numbers.” She clarified. “Here’s mine. Ready?"

I nodded. She read me her number and I saved it to my phone.

I looked at Jessica who was still looking at me and quickly looked away.

Why is she still looking at me like that? It’s making me so nervous…

Krystal nudged Jessica and she shook her head back into reality.

She tells me her number as well.

“That’s weird…” I said.

“What?” she asked.

“I already have this number saved to my phone…”

“What? Did you put it in wrong?” She called it out again.

“No, I put it in right..”

Sooyoung glanced over at my phone and let out a laugh.

Oh my god she better not tell them what it says.

“Really? I don’t think we’ve met before. What does it say?”

I hesitated for a second. “Umm.. It says Club Gurlllllllev with a pound sign and an up arrow after it…”

That wasn’t entirely a lie. The whole name saved on my phone was actually “Cute Club Gurlllllllev#^” but I was definitely not telling her the cute part.

“Club Girl? What does that mean..?” she looked at me with a confused look.

Then it finally hit me.

“Were you at the f(x) club last week??” I asked.

Sooyoung clapped her hands in realization.

Now that I thought hard about that night, I remembered bits and pieces of it. After taking my fourth or fifth shot that night, I was too drunk to remember anything. But thinking back now, I remembered dancing with a pretty girl.

“Yeah… I was…” she said.

“I met you there, now that I look back at it.” I said, looking up at her. It was my turn to clap in realization. “Aha! Now that I remember, I saved you from being dragged away by some ert drunk guy!”

She sat there for a bit with a blank expression. “OH!!! I remember!” she exclaimed.

“Oh..” Sooyoung looked disappointed. “I thought she was one of the girls you let take our taxi..”

“That’s her!” I told Sooyoung. “She was trying to find her car to go home but she was too drunk to drive.” I said.

“I don’t remember that..” Jessica said quietly, looking embarrassed. “But now I know why I had to come get my car back the next day.”

“The irony..” I muttered to myself.

Sooyoung elbowed me in the ribcage and gave me a look.

“What was that?” Jessica looked at me.

“I said-uh.. That’s funny.. Funny that we had already met before the incident..”

“It is!” Krystal agreed. “And she was already like a bodyguard for you, Unnie!”

~~~~~

It’s pretty late in the night now and Sooyoung was leaving. She was here all day with me after her and Hyoyeon decided I need help warming up to the girls. Especially Jessica. I won’t lie that Jessica and I have been a little awkward with one another since day one. Well er.. yesterday.. Sooyoung was forcing us to play games like charades and dare and I admit it did help to ease the tension in the house. She cooked food for us too. She cooked instead of me because she said she wanted a certain something that I couldn’t cook. She ended up making five different types of dishes and them down like a vacuum cleaner. The girl can seriously eat.. It was delicious though, and we spent the whole time talking about nothing in general.

Sooyoung left and we were all in the living room watching John Tucker Must Die. I’m slightly jealous that the two girls are from America and can understand everything they’re saying in the movie while I have to read stupid subtitles.. But I wasn't even focused on the movie. I was too busy watching Jessica who was lying on the loveseat watching the movie. Krystal was on the couch with me sleeping.

I was getting pretty tired too, but I wasn't sleeping until everyone else.

So I was watching Jessica instead. Her eyes were glued to the movie as she nibbled on her fingernail.

If she was looking at me right now while she’s doing that it would look ual. My byuntae mind kicked in.

“Ugh.. Stop checking her out and go to sleep so I can go to sleep.” Hyoyeon said.

“I swear she was watching her the whole time I was there too!” Sooyoung joined.

“She’s straight, Taeng. Don’t even think about it.”

“Is she? I thought she was watching Taeyeon a lot more than a straight person would normally do. I guess I was wrong.” I imagined Sooyoung shrugging.

“She’s cute though, isn’t she?”

I unconsciously nodded.

Wait, did I just agree?

“Have you checked around the house yet? Is everything clear?” I asked Hyoyeon. Jessica jumped at my voice and looked at me. I avoided eye contact again after the conversation in my ear.

“Just checked it all. It seems quiet.” Hyoyeon said.

I tried thinking of an excuse to leave the living room. “Well I think it’s best for me to go check the blind spots.” I said as I got up from the couch. I looked at Jessica. “I’ll be right back. I’m just going outside for a little bit.”

She nodded.

Outside, I walked around, looking in every corner, even looking down the road for any movement.

“Nice excuse.” Hyoyeon said with amusement in her voice.

“That wasn’t an excuse. I really needed to check the perimeter.”

“You agreed that she was cute and then left?” Hyo challenged.

Ugh.. She knows me too well.

I was watching Jessica a lot today. Thanks to Sooyoung’s attempt at easing the atmosphere, Jessica had relaxed a bit and was even laughing and smiling. It was a lot different from before and I couldn’t help but find it really attractive. She was a gorgeous woman with a beautiful voice and laugh.

And her relationship with her sister was so cute. They are truly sisters. So close and loving to one another. They did what every sibling did with each other: tease. It was enjoyable to watch and I could help but admire the sisterly relationship. My brother and sister and I are pretty close too, but my brother does most of the teasing to me. He’s protective over me, of course. We were all we had for half of my life.

“Ooooo, is Taengoo growing a little crush on the oldest Jung sister?” Sooyoung teased.

“Hell no! Shut up, I am not. That’s ridiculous!”

I went back into the house again and Jessica was waking Krystal up; the TV was off. She looked up when she heard the door close.

“Is everything okay?” she asked.

“Yeah, I was just checking. It’s all calm and quiet out there.”

She looked back at Krystal who was sleepily getting up from the couch. “Come on, Krys. Let’s go to bed.”

When they were at the bottom of the stairs, Jessica turned around to look at me with a small smile. “Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.”

“Wait! No! Let me sleep with you!” Hyoyeon cried through the speaker in my ear, mimicking my voice.

I turned to a camera and give it a dirty look. Now that they’re in their room, I can go to mine.

Once in my bed I lied there for a while staring at my ceiling.

“What are you guys doing right now?” I asked.

“I'm in bed.” Sooyoung said.

“I’m on the way home now so I can do the same.”

I was tired but I felt like I couldn’t sleep.. I tried counting sheep. 10 minutes in, I gave up. I decided to recount what I read in the Jung sisters’ files.

“Jessica Jung Sooyeon. 24 years old. Birthday…. Ummm… April eighteenth—“

“What are you talking about?” Hyoyeon asked.

“I’m remembering what I read in their files. I can’t sleep. Now shhh.”

“Uhmmm—“

“She lived in America for most of her life. Her family moved here after she finished high school. Now she goes to the SM University, majoring in Musical Theatre, which means she’s not planning on working in the Jung company. I’m guessing the sisters are leaving their older brother to that. She’s with some guy named Ok Taecyeon who is working at his family’s big corporation, Ok & Kim Inc.

“Well this is creepy.” Sooyoung said sleepily. Seems like I woke her up.

“Krystal Jung Soojung. Eighteen years old. Birthday is October twenty-four. She’s in her last year of Soshi High School. She plans on going to the same University as Jessica for Musical Theatre as well. The Jung sisters must be good singers. Oh, and they’re both English speakers.”

“Nice job, stalker.” Sooyoung mumbled. It sounded like she was trying to go back to sleep.

“Now it’s time to find out if she likes girls!” Hyoyeon said.

“Probably not a good idea.” Sooyoung chimed in, sounding more awake than before. “Even if—and I say if strongly­­—even if she liked girls remotely, it wouldn’t be a good idea. You think her dad would approve? And speaking of her dad. You hate his existence. That’s not good—“

“I don’t remember ever saying I was interested in her. You two are talking to yourselves pretty much.”

A few seconds of silence later, Sooyoung spoke. “Okay.. Well if you two don’t mind, I would love to get some sleep. I have to take Krystal to school tomorrow.”

“Night, Soo.”

“Goodnight.”

“Goodnight guys.”

“Goodnight, DenialTae.” Hyoyeon said amusingly.

 


So Taeyeon and Jessica are kind of easing their tension. And they've finally found out they met at theclub already!! Haha!! Jessica was caught checking out Taeyeon?? And Taeyeon was caught checking out Jessica??? Ooo lala ;D

Tell me what your think guys! So happy to see you all like the story! I love it and I love you guys <3

I think I'll be updating the story every day until Wednesday hits. And then it will go back just Wednesdays and Fridays :)