Boom Bang Boom

Hate to Protect, Protect for Love

Jessica's POV

“I don’t know why you have to go to some stupid concert.”

“Well why do you have to go out partying every night with your friends?”

“That’s not what we’re talking about! Don’t start bringing up things that aren’t even relevant to the situation, Jessica.”

“What situation?? This is not a situation. Krystal invited me; I said yes; I’m going.”

“What about me??”

“What about you????”

“Do I not get a say in this?”

“Why would you???!!!”

“You have been out of the house a lot lately. Are you really going to some concert, or some other guy’s place?!”

“ARE YOU KIDDING ME????!”

This had been going on for an hour already. Taecyeon had been getting upset over the concert since I told him about it, and since I was getting dressed to pick my sister up, he was even worse.

“How do I know what you’re doing then??”

“How do I know you’re actually just with your friends all the time???”

“Because I tell you I am!”

“Exactly! Now I’m telling you I’m going to pick up my sister and we’re going to a concert!”

I took one more look in the mirror to make sure I looked good in my short floral dress and started towards the front door, leaving Taecyeon in the bedroom. I was down the stairs and almost to the front door when I heard him stomping down the stairs. I rolled my eyes in frustration.

“How long is going to be?” He demanded.

“I don’t know. It’s a concert. Do they even have set end times?”

“Well what time are you going to be home?”

“I don’t know Taecyeon. I’m leaving now.” I said at last and left the house.

 

 

“Ughhhhh. He’s just so annoying, Unnie.” Krystal groaned loudly in the passenger seat.

“Hey now. That’s your future brother-in-law you’re talking about. If dad gets what he wants, that is.” I poked her nose.

“Ew, I don’t approve. Rejected.” She pretended to stamp a piece of paper as if vetoing a bill.

“Here we are!” I said excitedly as I turned into the stadium parking lot and searched for an open spot.

“Ohmygod are you as excited as I am, Unnie??” Krystal jumped in her seat as I parked my Mini Cooper convertible.

Krystal leaped right out from the open top, not even bothering to open the door.

“What do you think you’re doing??” I exclaimed. “I was just about to close the roof! What if you had smacked your head on it!”

“Well I didn’t,” she sang. “But if I had, then I would have given you permission to slap me awake if I were knocked out.”

“Not even. I would just leave you in the car and call Tiffany up to take your place.” I got out of the car.

Krystal stuck her tongue out at me, following me to the entrance of the stadium.

 

Taeyeon's POV

“WHOOOOO!!!!” Hyoyeon screamed out of the driver’s open window.

“WHOOOOO!!!!!” I joined in.

Hyoyeon sped down the road blasting music as we made our way to the stadium 2NE1 was going to be playing at.

“How exciting!! I’m gonna get to see CL in person today! I’m gonna be close enough to almost touch her!” I shouted over the music.

“WHAT??? HA! Close enough to ALMOST touch her?? You’re so dumb!” Hyo shoved my shoulder.

“Yah! Watch the road, psycho!”

I looked at her. Her head was practically hanging out of the window, her long blonde hair flying behind her. I almost forgot how horrible of a driver she was.. Hyoyeon isn’t what everyone would call phisically beautiful, unlike Sooyoung, but she has her features. Her smile is my favorite thing about her. It’s adorable and big and rarely ever leaves her face. Her personality is what makes her one of the most beautiful people I know. She always seems to be in a great mood, which automatically puts me in a great mood. She’s always so bubbly, making jokes and embarrassing herself for your entertainment. And of course, there’s her dancing queen status. Not only is she a great dancer, she will dance at any time of the day in any situation. Whether it be serious dancing or joking. In general, she’s an awesome to be around.

She parked the car in front of the stadium and I checked myself in the mirror really quick. I don’t deny that I’m attractive, though I usually don’t talk about it unless I’m making a joke about it. My dark brown eyes that occasionally look black -like right now- that my strawberry blonde hair can’t even brighten. People always seem to mistaken me for being a teenager, not just because I’m so short but because I have a baby face. I’m the oldest out of my friends, but I look the youngest. How does that work?

I got out of the car and straightened out my jacket, making sure my gun was still hidden. I almost always carry my gun around except when going to the gym or club. I’m an officer, so I’m allowed to. I was debating on whether I should bring it to this concert, but something in my gut told me to, I don’t know.

Hyoyeon usually brings hers too, but not this time.

“If they’re selling alcohol at this concert, you know I’m gonna be the first to buy like ten cups” she said before leaving.

“Why would they have alcohol at a 2NE1 concert??”

“Hey, you never know. If it happens, I don’t want my gun around.”

“Are you ready?” Hyoyeon asked, smiling at me.

“Hell yeah!”

“Okayyyyyy. ~Let’s go party, and work that body~” she started singing lines from 2NE1’s song and danced as we walked to the stadium entrance.

I shook my head, chuckling at my best friend’s goofy action.

 

 

The last song 2NE1 performed ended and they said their goodbyes.

“Thank you guys so much for giving us the opportunity to have this concert!” CL told the crowd. All you could hear were screams from the cheering fans. “If it wasn’t for all of you here, we wouldn’t be able to do this! You guys give us encouragement and happiness and I hope we are able to do the same thing for our Blackjacks!” The crowd went wild.

“Thank you everybody, we love you!!!!!” Bom screamed to the fans.

“We are 2NE1!!!” The four singers chorused together and bowed before going backstage.

We were making our way out of the stadium, away from the claustrophobic ambush of people.

“~COME BACK HOME. CAN YOU COME BACK HOME~” Hyoyeon started singing at the top of her lungs and danced the choreography to the dance. I joined in. I was in such a good mood.

“You know, I feel a little bad for not inviting Sooyoung. You should have gotten three tickets!” I told Hyoyeon.

“Hell no! You remember when she invited you to watch the Lion King musical and didn’t even tell me about it! This is payback!”

“That’s not even a decent comparis—“

KABOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

An ear-piercing noise sounded behind us, causing the ground below us to shake as people all around us screamed. We dropped to the ground by instinct as I pulled my pistol out of its holster. I turned around and my eyes immediately went wide and my jaw dropped.

“OH !” Hyoyeon yelled when she saw it too.

An enormous flame erupted a little ways away in the parking lot.

“DID THAT SERIOULSY JUST HAPPEN???” Hyo cried out covering her ears. The explosion was so loud.

I ran towards the explosion with my gun raised up so everyone around could make room for me, Hyoyeon following behind me.

“SPS! EVERYBODY GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!!” I shouted to the people moving closer to the flame.

I reached the explosion and saw that it was a car that had exploded. What seemed to have been a Mini Cooper, judging from the only thing that was intact; the car’s model name on a strip of metal in front of me; was in scraps with pieces all over the parking lot. Cars beside it were singed from the fire or scratched or banged up from the shards of metal from this car. I lowered my gun to take a better look at the car when—

“My car…..”

I jumped and readied my gun as I turned to see a woman a bit taller than me a few feet away.

“Ma’am, did you leave something flammable in your car for this to happen?” I asked.

She shook her head slowly, a tear rolling down her cheek. A slightly taller blonde girl stood beside her and grabbed her hand.

“Unnie…”

That’s when I noticed a red dot on the shorter girl’s chest. Automatically, I hurled myself at the two girls and threw them to the ground.

Bang!

A gun shot sounded just after. I flipped onto my back and pointed my gun towards where the gun shot came from. It was dark out so I could barely see a thing.

“THERE!” Hyoyeon pointed towards a building.

I shifted my vision towards the area and looked closely.

There. A very faint and small figure moved. There’s no way I can get him from this far in the pitch dark of the night when I can barely even see him.

I fired my gun. Not to hit him, just to scare him away. I’d rather lose the shooter than endanger anyone in the parking lot.

I got up from the ground and looked down at the girls. The blonde was crying and the brunette was the other’s hair, whispering in her ear what seemed to be words of comfort.

Hyoyeon crouched over the girls. “Come with us. We’re from the Protective Services, so you’re in good hands. We’ll take you to the police station.” She said while she showed her badge. She stuck her hand out to help them up.

The brunette reluctantly grabbed Hyoyeon’s hand and Hyo pulled her up. I helped the blonde to her feet. She ran to the shorter girl and hooked onto her. We began walking to Hyoyeon’s car with me trailing behind, gun at the ready for any suspicious actions around us.

This day took a very unexpected turn..

 

Jessica's POV

I was so confused… I didn’t understand what was happening..

Am I dreaming? Is this a nightmare? This can’t be real…

But it was. I was in some stranger’s car with Krystal in tears beside me.

My car…. Who would do this?

And they shot at me?

Why would someone try to kill me?

What have I done worthy enough to be killed for?

The blonde haired girl was driving and from what I could actually pay attention to, she was going way over the speed limit, switching lanes left and right. When we got in the car first, I saw the other girl flip on a switch that turned police lights on in the car window.

How convenient that they were there for this. Otherwise I’d be dead right now..

*Ring Ring*

I looked down at my phone. Caller ID said my mom.. She must have heard about it already.

I answered the phone, “Hello?”

“Sweety—“

“Mom.. I’m on the way to the police department. The police were here to help me, thankfully—“

“What are you talking about, sweety?” She asked. “Never mind that, tell me when you’re here. Come to the hospital emergency room.”

“Wha—? Emergency room? Why????” My heart pounded in my chest. Krystal looked anxiously at me.

“Your father has been shot. He’s in the surgery room now.”

“Oh my god. What happened???” I cried.

“I’ll tell you when you get here. Just get here now. Don’t go anywhere else, just straight to the hospital.”

I hung up and took Krystal’s hand, squeezing it tightly.

I leaned forward, getting closer to the two people in the front seats. “Take me to the hospital.”

“I’m sorry, we can’t d—“

“TAKE ME NOW.” I yelled at them. I’m not in the mood for this. Immediately, my anger engulfs me and I knew that was going to work. No one says no to Hellsica.

The two girls looked at each other, obviously uncomfortable. The one in the passenger seat nodded and the blonde took a sharp U-turn.

 

Taeyeon's POV

That brunette girl can really scare you. I thought she was going to throw us out of our own car if we didn't turn around fast enough. We made it to the hospital in one piece, no thanks to Hyoyeon’s driving.

The blonde and brunette girls found what I believe to be their mother. They were in their mother’s embrace crying. I was still there with Hyoyeon to find out what was going on, but I felt awkward just watching them crying..

I walked over to the doctor. “Good evening, Doctor. I’m Kim Taeyeon from the Protective Services,” I flashed him my badge. “Can you tell me what happened here?”

“Well, Officer Kim, I’m not quite sure yet either. The ambulance came in with him, announcing he was shot when leaving Jung Incorporated. He was shot in his stomach and so now he’s getting surgery to get the bullet taken out and stop the bleeding to make sure it’s not worse. But from what it seems, he should be okay. No internal bleeding.”

I stood there staring blankly at the doctor.

Did he just say Jung Incorporated?

”Did you just say Jung Incorporated?” I asked.

“Yes. He was leaving from work. He was on the way ho—“

I ran through the door towards the surgery area. When I reached, I looked through the windows into each surgery room until I found one that was occupied. I stared at the man on the operating table, studying his face.

“Is that…” Hyoyeon said beside me. I didn’t know she had followed me in here.

I nodded, still staring at the man. “Yeah… that’s him.. Jung SooMon. Chairman of Jung Incorporated.”

My heart darkened as I continued to stare at the man on the table.

“Excuse me, but you two aren’t allowed in here. I don’t know how you got passed the doors, but you need to leave now.” A nurse came to us and herded us back to the waiting room.

When in the waiting room, I wanted to do anything but wait. I walked out of the hospital and leaned against the wall of the building.

So it actually happened. Someone finally decided to follow through with their threat.

I had mixed feelings about this.. I won’t lie and say I wasn’t looking forward to the day Chairman Jung was on the hospital bed hanging onto life by a tube down his throat. Everyone who knows me knows that is would make me a little happier with my life.

But no. happiness is not the only thing that was in my head at that moment. It was mostly guilt. I was feeling guilty for wanting this for the last half of my life. It’s one thing to wish it to happen. It’s another for it to actually happen..

Another thing hits me at the moment.

So that means the girls that we took to the hospital are his daughters. And someone is trying to kill them too? I guess they want the whole Jung bloodline gone..

After the second time Chairman Jung called the SPS office about his death threats, the boss told me to do some research on the family. He said I should know more about them, just in case.

Just in case something actually happened, it would be my responsibility to find them a safe place, is what he was referring to. I really didn’t want to be assigned to the Jung family, but seeing that they always got death threats, I figured it was just a precaution and nothing would actually happen to them. Wrong.

But back to what I was saying. I was doing research on them so I had to read about the Jung kids.

What were their names again? Andy, Jasmine and…. Kristen? .. I need to reread the files..

 

 


There you have it! The 2NE1 concert happened. Ended with a big bang! ;D Next chapter, they will be living together! Should be interesting, maybe? SPS, by the way, stands for Seoul Protective Services. I don't remember if I mentioned that or not in the chapter. Taecyeon is an ! He's a hypocrite. Jessica deserves better. But you might not see him for a while after this chapter, not sure yet!

Yes, the chapter name is an f(x) song from their new album. I love this song (haha see what I did there? You will only if you've listened to it.. XD) I have been obsessed with all of their album songs since it came out, and I thought it went with the chapter! Anyway, thank you guys for liking my first ever fanfiction!! It means a lot, really. Tell me what you think about this chapter! See you guys on Wednesday!