A Night to Forget (Or Not?)

Hate to Protect, Protect for Love

Two detectives were at work with nothing to do but sit around eating and tossing the tennis ball around to each other. Hyoyeon and Sooyoung were sitting in their office rolling around in their rolling computer chairs throwing the tennis ball at the wall for the other to catch.

“What do you want me to get again?” Taeyeon could be heard from their ear pieces.

Sooyoung rolled her eyes. How could the shorty still be so oblivious to American food when Sooyoung cooked it all the time since they were in college? Taeyeon always cooked Korean food, but when it was Sooyoung cooking, she always wanted to make American food since the month her family visited California one summer while they were in high school. Taeyeon’s only American specialty was lasagna; her father’s favorite.

Beans, Taeyeon.” Hyoyeon said amused and relieved Sooyoung didn’t make her go on the food errand. “B—E—A—”

“I know what beans are, Hyogre. I don’t see the kind you’re looking for Sooyoung. What is it again?”

Sooyoung sighed. “Bush’s Baked Bean, Tae. You know, the ones with the talking dog commercial?”

“No. I don’t know, Sooyoung. Why the hell would I kno— Oh, I found them.” Taeyeon was standing in front of rows and rows of different brands of canned beans. “There are six different kinds here. Which one do you want?”

“Get the original baked beans.” Sooyoung could imagine the beans section of the store easily.

“How many do you want?”

“Uh, get two cans. That should be enough.”

Taeyeon took the cans and set them in her shopping cart. “What are you making again?”

“Sloppy joes.” Sooyoung said with a smile. “I made some last week at my house. They were so good I had to make them for you guys.”

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon had been spending a lot more time at Taeyeon’s house nowadays. Taeyeon had been doing a lot better, but they were still afraid she would crash in the blink of an eye and if they weren’t there to keep an eye on her, it could turn out not so good.

Sooyoung and Taeyeon usually took turns cooking and today was Sooyoung’s turn.

When Taeyeon came back with the bags of food in her car, she and the other two started for the exit. Jea stopped them in front of her team’s office with a nasty smile.

“What do you want this time, HyoJin.” Jea narrowed her eyes at Taeyeon’s use of her birth name.

“Just wondering if you’re still sending poor Jessica texts every day.” Taeyeon tried not to let Jea get to her, but it was already a struggle to not punch the girl in the face.

“Why are you asking me that, HyoJin?” Taeyeon was quickly getting annoyed just looking at the girl. “You would know if I was, seeing that you have her damn phone.”

Oh, you don’t know?” Jea tutted. “I almost feel bad for you.”

“What are you talking about, Jea?” Sooyoung asked, crossing her arms impatiently.

Jea, enjoying the reaction of annoyance she was getting, decided to let it out. “We gave their phones back to them a week ago, darling.”

Taeyeon stood frozen as the information sunk in.

“Don’t ing lie about that, HyoJin.” Hyoyeon threatened.

Jea raised her arms in surrender, a smile so sickening on her lips that even Sooyoung was trying hard not to pounce. “I’m being completely honest. We gave their phones back about a week ago. Told them not to talk to certain people Chairman Jung specified and let them do their things. If she’s not replying back to you now, it’s her own decision. I thought she’s at least try once if she really wanted to talk to you.”

Taeyeon started for Jea but Sooyoung held her shoulder to keep her from doing anything drastic.

“ you, HyoJin.” Sooyoung was pushing Taeyeon toward the exit now.

 

From Hayeon:

i feel so bad doing this. shes going to find out sooner or later.

To Hayeon:

I dont know whats going on. I dont like it here. Shes being.. weird.

From Hayeon:

taeyeon just got home. she looks pissed.

o. she knows you 2 have ur phones back.

wen will u reply back to her?

To Hayeon:

I cant.. Im honestly surprised they let me talk to you..

From Hayeon:

g2g. ill let u know what happens.

Dinner was silent for the most part. Taeyeon was in no mood to talk after hearing that Jessica was knowingly not replying back to her. She felt betrayed and hurt and angry and confused all at the same time. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were equally as shocked at the sudden turn of events and had nothing to say to ease the tension in the room. Hayeon, on the other hand, was fumbling around with her hands under the table, unable to eat her sloppy joe out of guilt.

“I can’t take this—I’ve been talking to Krystal.” She blurted in the awkward silence of the table.

Sooyoung’s head shot up from her plate to stare wide-eyed at Hayeon. Hyoyeon chocked on her burger. Taeyeon didn’t look up from her plate, however. When she finally did, she didn’t look surprised or upset. In fact, her face held no emotion at all.

“Did you hear me, unnie?” Hayeon asked quietly, looking nervous.

“I heard you.” Taeyeon said in an uncomfortably calm voice, making Hayeon feel more uneasy.

“Th—then why aren’t you yelling?” She would have preferred Taeyeon to scream at her than to be calm and quiet like this.

“I knew already.” Taeyeon was looking past Hayeon now. “After I found out they had their phones again and we came home. The moment I saw you on your phone, I realized it. You have no boyfriend—you were just texting them all along.”

Hayeon wanted to say something, but she couldn’t find words.

“How long?” Taeyeon asked in monotone.

“S-since the day she got it back..” Hayeon looked down at her untouched burger, ashamed.

“Hayeon…” Sooyoung said quietly, looking awfully sad.

Hayeon wiped a tear that had rolled down her cheek uninvited. “I—I haven’t been talking to both of them.. Only Krystal.. Sh-she wanted to talk to you too, unnie.. But she couldn’t. They would have taken her phone again. She said she was surprised they let her talk to me—but she thinks they don’t know who I am.”

Silence hit them as they all waited for someone to say something. Minutes later, Taeyeon finally speaks up.

“And Jessica?” She asked with lack of emotion. “Why hasn’t she even tried to talk to me?”

“I—I don’t know..” Hayeon said. Taeyeon saw the look in her eye; the one that said she was leaving something out.

“I don’t need your pitty, Hayeon.” She spoke with a harder tone that had Hayeon rigid. “Don’t hide anything from me because you think it will hurt me. You think I can’t take it? I’ve been taking everything for eight years.”

Hayeon gasped as she tried to hide the tears that were now sliding down her cheeks.

“Jessica unnie doesn’t talk about you at all.” Hayeon sobbed. “Whenever Krystal brings you up, she just brushes is off like you weren’t even mentioned. Lately she gets man at Krystal for trying to talk about you. A couple of days ago, she asked her if she missed you…” Hayeon cut off in tears. Taeyeon waited in silence for her start again.

“Krystal said Jessica told her she didn’t, unnie. She said that it was a mistake to get involved with you in the first place and she should have kept it professional. That she wishes they weren’t sent to you in the first place… I’m so sorry unnie.. I’m so sorry..” Hayeon covered her face with her hands as she cried harder.

“I’m so sorry I disappointed you and didn’t tell you they had their phones back.. I’m the worst sister in the world.”

Taeyeon didn’t say a word as she got up, grabbed her car keys, and left the house. Before Hyoyeon and Sooyoung could run out and stop her, she peeled down the street and out of sight.

~~~~~

Taeyeon downed her fourth glass of beer in less than a minute, slammed it onto the counter, and called for Minah the bartender to pour her something stronger. She’d been to Club f(x) so many times now that she and Bartender Minah knew each other quite well.

“Damn, lady. Drinking to forget?” A man sat himself beside her.

“Drinking to remember.” Taeyeon said as Minah handed her a new drink. “I need to be reminded why I never let new people into my life.”

“Relationship issues,” Said the man. “I should have figured. A pretty lady like yourself would obviously be in a relationship.”

Taeyeon didn’t correct him that she no longer in a relationship. Men are always trying to hook up with drunk or depressed women at the club. The less she talked to this man, the better.

But the opposite of that happened as they talked for fifteen more minutes, laughing and talking like they’d known each other longer than twenty minutes. They took a few shots together until it finally hit Taeyeon that she was getting drunk. Her vision was quickly blurring and her lips were going numb.

“You alright there?” The man asked.

“I’m fine.” Taeyeon said, but the two words had slurred together.

“Here, let me take you home. You shouldn’t run around the club alone, you never know who will try and sweep you up.” And he grabbed her under the shoulders to try and lift her from her seat.

“I said I’m fine.” Taeyeon said more aggressively. She didn’t like the way he was “helping her”. She didn’t want to go home yet.

“I can see you’re not. Let me take you home.” He insisted as he tried again to lift her up.

“Hey, I think she said she’s okay.” Minah had noticed Taeyeon’s and the man’s struggling and came up from behind the counter cleaning a glass. “Why don’t you head out yourself?”

“Listen lady, I know this girl. She’s had too much to drink and she usually gets like this when she’s drunk.”

“I have never seen you with her before,” Minah said sharply as she set the cup on the counter. “I think it’s time for you to leave my bar.”

“Come on.” He growled at Taeyeon and he hoisted her to her feet, ignoring Minah.

Taeyeon came to her senses immediately and with one swift movement, slammed the guy’s head onto the counter in an arm lock. He cried out in agony when she bent his arm in a painfully discomforting position.

Minah smirked and leaned against the counter, her head inches from the man in pain so he could hear her through the loud music and the ringing in his ears.

“My friend Taeyeon here is a cop.” She said amusingly. “You, buddy, picked the wrong girl to try and take home.”

Taeyeon pulled him back up roughly and pushed him toward the entrance of the club. He stumbled away, clutching his arm in pain.

Taeyeon smiled at Minah and sat back down, gulping the rest of her drink down and ordering another.

“The next two are on the house, sweetie.” Minah flung her cleaning towel across her shoulder and went to make the drinks.

The seats on either side of Taeyeon were suddenly taken at the same time. “Can we get four vodka shots, Minah?” Hyoyeon’s voice came from Taeyeon’s right. She looked over to the see the girl sitting beside her now, not even looking at her.

“And a Black Russian for me!” Sooyoung said to Taeyeon’s left. She too was not looking at Taeyeon.

Minah came back with a Black Russian for Sooyoung, two Long Islands for Taeyeon, and four shots of vodka. “There you two are!” Minah said. “I was wondering where the other two musketeers were!”

“We were just a little late to the party, is all!” Sooyoung said as she grabbed for a shot glass. Taeyeon took another while Hyoyeon grabbed a third.

“That one’s for you, Minah!”

Minah laughed as she took the last shot glass. “What are we drinking to, huh?”

“es staying es?” Hyoyeon said as she finally looked at Taeyeon.

Sooyoung and Minah nodded.

“To es staying es.” Taeyeon repeated as she lifted her glass in the air.

The other three clanked their glasses together, repeating “es staying es” and took their shots.

“So who’s driving home?” Taeyeon asked the two.

They exchanged looks and shrugged.

“None of us. We’ll get a taxi when we want to leave.” Sooyoung said as she gulped down half of her Black Russian.

Hyoyeon ordered four shots for herself and took them back to back with Taeyeon and Sooyoung watched in pure astonishment.

“Damn, Hyo!” Taeyeon laughed.

“What??” She cried in innocence. “I’ve gotta catch up to your drunk !”

“, so do I.” Sooyoung groaned and Hyoyeon ordered more shots for Sooyoung. They weren’t doing this for Taeyeon. All three of them felt betrayed by Jessica. They were doing it for themselves.

The night went on in a blur of brain busting bass filled music, dancing and grinding, and a lot of pee breaks.

“, I have to pee again!” Sooyoung yelled into Taeyeon’s ear on the dancefloor where they had gotten extremely physical.

“But you just got back from the bathroom!” Taeyeon yelled back. Sooyoung gave her a toothy grin that glowed from the blacklight and she dragged Taeyeon back to the bathroom.

In the restroom, the music wasn’t as loud. It was full of equally drunk girls dressed in skimpy outfits checking their makeup or applying more to their already unappealingly layered faces.

Sooyoung locked herself into a stall. A minute later, she flushed and opened the door back. “Taeyeon, come help me.”

Taeyeon laughed and rolled her eyes as she joined the tall girl in the stall. The moment she closed the door, Sooyoung was on her like a tiger. She pinned the shorty against the door and Taeyeon didn’t stop her as their lips met in a kiss as sloppy as their burgers had been. Taeyeon squeezed Sooyoung’s roughly and Sooyoung giggled against her lips.

After a few minutes of making out against the door, Taeyeon pushed her to sit on the dirty toilet and straddled her.

“SOOTAE IF YER IN HERE MAGIN’ OUT ‘N LEAVIN’ ME TA DANCE ALL ‘LONE OUT’RE, I’M GONNA BE SOOOOOOO PISSED OFF.” Hyoyeon bellowed the moment she barged through the restroom door.

“Leave us alone!” Taeyeon called back when Sooyoung pulled away to laugh.

“IIN’KNEWIT. GODDAMMIT WHY DON’ CHA TWO JUS’ HAB FOR ONE SO Y’ DON’ DO THIS E’RY DAMN TIME WE PARTY T’GETHER.” Hyoyeon opened the stall door and pulled Taeyeon out by the back of her shirt.

Hours later, the girls were twice as wasted. Hyoyeon was in the bathroom giving her drinks to the toilet as though it were a peace offering. Taeyeon was at the bar talking to Minah (“An’ then a buncha sec..serucity tards broke my f’cking door down—), and Sooyoung was making out with some guy in one of the table booths.

There were only a handful of people left in the club as it was coming to a close. These people were soon to be kicked out and sent off in taxis back to their homes. When the time came, Minah did what she had to do and kicked everyone to the street where taxis were lined up in front of the club.

“Alright girls, time to head home.” She told Sooyoung and Taeyeon when everyone else was gone. Sooyoung had joined Taeyeon at the bar.

“But we’re jus’ gettin’ started!” Taeyeon slurred as she could barely hold her glass of beer anymore.

Minah laughed at the pathetic sight and took the drink from her. “Where’s Hyoyeon anyway?”

“Thr’win’ up in da bafroom.” Sooyoung said with a dumb smile. “Sh’s always trowing up.”

“Trowing up?” Minah hid a laugh. “Tell you what—” And Taeyeon fell asleep.

The ride home was loud with Sooyoung and Hyoyeon singing at the top of their lungs. Taeyeon was still out cold. When they were almost there, however, she woke up and in the blink of an eye, Sooyoung and Taeyeon were locking lips again.

When the car stopped, they climbed out and headed inside.

“God, y’guys.” Hyoyeon laughed as she pushed them toward the bedroom. “I don’ wan’ see this.”

They reached the bedroom and closed the door. Sooyoung pulled Taeyeon to the bed and Taeyeon climbed on top of her. Sooyoung pulled at her shirt and they stripped their tops off with much drunken effort.

Taeyeon latched onto Sooyoung’s neck and messily, leaving big formless hickeys everywhere.

Sooyoung let out a throaty moan and pulled Taeyeon’s hips to her, grinding against her leg for friction where she most needed it. The action earned a moan from Taeyeon as well as her as their bodies cried for one another.

Taeyeon ran her hand down Sooyoung’s stomach, feeling her stomach twitch from her touch until it reached her pants. She ed and ped Sooyoung pants and slid her hand down until she felt her wet slit.

“Mmmm, yeah..” Sooyoung groaned as she arched her body for more.

 

 


Okay so don't kill me for this! I had to do it! SooTae was my first ever SNSD ship and I just had to officially ship it for at least one chapter! I didn't get into detail on them doing the dirty for your sake! This is still a Teangsic story, don't worry. But seeing that they're having problems, Taengsic won't be in a few chapters.

What do you think of Hayeon sneaking around and texting Krystal while Taeyeon thought they didn't have their phones? Do you think Hayeon was right to do that or not? And how do you feel about Jessica??? Totally had to have Minah as a bartender. She'd make a damn y bartender in my opinion. I'd go to the bar every day just to see her <3

So I've got a job now and they have me working a lot. I will obviously continue to write for my stories, but it might not be every week. That's most likely the same for my other main story (if you haven't already checked it out then what are you waiting for???) Up In Smoke

Thanks for the love, guys! <3