Bump In The Night

Hate to Protect, Protect for Love

Jessica's POV

It was around 11PM now and Taeyeon was passed out on the loveseat. She took medication the doctor prescribed to her for her ankle that makes her sleep and now she was out like a light. It’s adorable to see her sleeping. Sooyoung was with us still. Like the last two days, she’ll stay here until me and Krystal go to sleep.

“Muffhutbhhhf” Taeyeon mumbled. I looked at Sooyoung, confused.

“Don’t worry about it. She talks in her sleep.” She said to me.

As though replying to Sooyoung’s statement, Taeyeon began again. “Nuh thank you.. I’ve already had too much..”

“Hmmm.. She’s probably saying no to someone at the club right now because she’s had too many drinks already.” Sooyoung guessed.

“Whatdaya think yah doing?” Taeyeon mumbled again.

“Maybe some guy is hitting on her?” Krystal guessed.

“Hyoyeon guesses she’s in the dream with her and she's hitting on someone instead. Taeyeon is trying to get her to stop.”

I looked at Sooyoung. “That’s specific.”

She shrugged. “It’s happened a lot before.” We all laughed and for the next ten minutes, we were guessing what Taeyeon was dreaming of as she spoke. The fun ended when she stopped talking, however.

“Haha, she’ll start doing it again in like five minutes.” Sooyoung said.

Five minutes later, she wasn't talking, but she had began twitching and groaning, as though in pain.

“Ugfruhhhhhmmm…..” she groaned. This was a lot different from what she was doing earlier. I noticed her eyebrows were furrowed and she was starting to sweat. She started whining under her breath when all of a sudden—

“DAD, NO!” she jumped upright on the loveseat, her eyes wide open in fear.

Sooyoung jumped from her seat and rushed towards Taeyeon, blocking her from my view. I could hear small whimpers from Taeyeon and whispering from Sooyoung.

“It’s okay, Tae.” Sooyoung said quietly. “It was just a nightmare. It wasn’t real. It wasn’t real, okay?” Sooyoung slowly pulled Taeyeon off the couch. I noticed her cheeks are wet with either sweat or tears. Sooyoung lead her upstairs.

Sooyoung came back down a few minutes later and sat on the couch again. “Everything’s okay. She fine.” She assured us.

“What happened?” Krystal asked.

“……She has nightmares a lot. She used to get them every night but I thought they went away.. I haven’t heard her wake up in the middle of the night since we started wearing these.” She pointed to her earpiece. “What was that, Hyo? She is still having them? But I would wake up if I heard her—“

She paused for a moment. “Oh.. she turns her earpiece off when she goes to sleep? But you’ve seen it when you look back through the night videos.. Damn…”

Ten minutes later, Krystal and I were in our rooms getting ready to sleep; Sooyoung was gone. I could not get the look on Taeyeon’s face when she woke up out of my head..

 

Author's POV

It was 3AM and everyone was asleep. Krystal was woken by a strange noise above her. It sounded a little like the house was just settling itself, but it also sounded like something else. Her eyes widened when she heard a scratching noise above her.

It sounds like it’s coming from the roof. She looked at Jessica, but knew she wouldn’t be able to wake her up. Jessica is too much of a heavy sleeper.

She slowly and quietly got out of bed and tiptoed to Teayeon’s bedroom door. The whole house was pitch black and she was terrified. She lightly knocked on Taeyeon’s door, but there was no response. She knocked louder, but was paranoid that someone was in the house. Instead, she went back into her room and called Sooyoung.

The phone rang, but Sooyoung didn't answer. She tried calling Hyoyeon instead. After the fifth ring, she answered.

Thank god!

“Mmmph.. Hello…?” Hyoyeon said, groggily.

“Hyoyeon unnie, I’m hearing noises on the roof and I’m scared. I tried knocking on Taeyeon unnie’s door but she’s not waking up..”

“Hold on, don’t move. Go to your room if you’re not already there. Let me check the cameras.” Hyoyeon said, more awake than before.

Hyoyeon got up and grabbed her tablet, switching it on and searching through the camera monitors. She didn’t see anything, but she knew that didn’t mean something wasn’t there.

She put the phone back to her ear, “Okay Krystal, I don’t see anything, but I want you to do something for me, okay?”

“Okay..” Krystal said with a shaky voice.

“I need you to go into Taeyeon’s room and wake her up, okay?”

“But Taeyeon said don’t go in her room..”

“She’ll understand why you went in. Just do it. I can see you through the whole thing, so don’t worry.”

Krystal nodded and took small steps back out of her room and towards Taeyeon’s bedroom door, all the while Hyoyeon watched from her tablet.

Krystal entered Taeyeon’s room and blindly felt her way to the bed. Once there, she gently tapped on Taeyeon’s shoulder. “Taeyeon unnie? Taeyeon unnie, wake up please. Please..” she said, lightly shaking the sleeping girl.

“Hmmm..?” Taeyeon groaned. “Jessica..?” she opened her eyes slightly to see the silhouette of a person from the moon’s light.

“No, Unnie. It’s Krystal.. please wake up, I hear something..”

Taeyeon shook herself awake slightly. The medication from earlier making it difficult for her to focus.

“Hyoyeon is on the phone right now.” Krystal said, lifting her phone towards Taeyeon. Taeyeon couldn't comprehend, and instead grabbed her earpiece and put it in her ear, turning it on.

“Hell….o..?” she said sleepily.

“Taeyeon, wake up already. Krystal said she’s been hearing stuff. You need wake up, now.

“Uhm… y-yeah.. o-oka-y…” Taeyeon mumbled, still confused.

Taeyeon tried getting up, feeling dizzy from the sleeping pill.

“TAEYEON GET UP NOW!”

“Okay, okay!” she stood up slowly and shook herself awake more. “What’s wrong again..?”

“I heard something in the house that woke me up. I don’t know what it is, but I was scared.” Krystal said, grabbing onto Taeyeon’s shirt.

“Heard.. something.. house..?” she repeated. “You heard..? Something..?” she slowly became more aware of the situation and her eyes widened. “You heard something in the house??” She immediately turned to her nightstand and picked up her pistol. “Go back to your room, Krystal.”

Taeyeon limped around the house with her gun in her right hand and flashlight in her left hand underneath, supporting the pistol. She searched the whole house but found nothing. “Hyo, did you see anything?”

”Not a thing. But you know that never means anything. It could be outside. She said it sounded like it was on the roof or something. And we don’t have cameras up there.”

“Yeah, and the guys seem to love rooftops.” Taeyeon said. “I can’t check the roof though. Especially in my condition..” She went into the Jung sisters’ room and saw Krystal sitting on the bed.

“Did you find anything?” she asked.

“No, I didn’t. But don’t worry. I’ll just stay in here for the night and keep watch on the door. If that’s okay with you.”

“I would prefer that actually, Unnie.” Krystal said.

Taeyeon walked to the bed and sat on the floor under where Jessica was soundly sleeping.

Jessica looks like a porcelain dolls when she’s asleep.

“Thank you for being here, Unnie.” Krystal said as she lied back down in the bed. “I’m sorry for waking you up.”

“No apologies, Krys. I’m here for you guys whenever the time. Just get some sleep, okay.”

Krystal fell back to sleep quickly, leaving Taeyeon alone, awake in the dark room, to watch a door that she couldn't even see.  She managed to stay awake for the next hour and a half before slowly drifting back to sleep.

Early in the morning, Jessica woke up from a dream. The first thing she saw when she woke up was the back of Taeyeon’s head leaning on the bed. Not only was it leaning on the bed, however. During the night, Jessica rolled onto her side and her arm slipped off, falling onto Taeyeon’s shoulder. Now, Taeyeon was leaning her head on that arm as though it was a pillow.

Jessica wondered why Taeyeon was in there in the first place, but shrugged it off and smiled slightly at the thought that she was there in the first place, sleeping against her side of the bed, using her arm as a pillow. She layed her head back on her pillow and fell back to sleep.

 

 


So Jessica didn't pull away when she woke up. They practically cuddled all night. How cute! *squeals at my own fanfic*

How about those nightmares? I already mentioned before that she had nightmares, but now you know the extent of how many. Pretty much every night. Poor Taengoo!! D:

You also may or may not have noticed that I changed the story name. Only a word difference. Went from "to" to "for" because it makes more sense. Fun fact! Leave a comment to tell me how you felt about this chapter! <3