Bad Idea

Hate to Protect, Protect for Love

Jessica’s POV

Taeyeon was in the basement as usual. Well, she was only down there once a day for five days a week unless she was mad or needed to relieve stress, then she would go back down again. I really want to see her in her kickboxing mode. I bet it’s hot.

Krystal and I were up my bedroom. Yes, it’s just my bedroom now. She moved into the other room right after Taeyeon’s birthday. I kind of miss her, but I get my own bed now, so that’s good. And she’s always in here with me anyway until it’s time to go to bed. We usually spend our time together in silence, watching TV, or doing what siblings do best: annoy each other. Today was not an exception. Krystal was lying sideways on the bed using my stomach as her own personal pillow as she texted, and I was reading a fashion magazine.

“Hyoyeon unnie says we’re boring her right now.” Krystal said.

“Well Hyoyeon doesn’t need to be watching us right now anyway.” I said, knowing she could hear me through the surveillance camera. “It’s not like we’re doing anything bad.”

“She said Taeyeon unnie is boring her too so she has nothing better to do. She said she's been in and out of the bathroom all day with a stomach virus and that's more interesting than us.” Krystal said.

"Why are you always texting her anyway?"

With that, the conversation ended again and we went back to our own worlds.

*Bzzz bzzzz* My phone vibrated.

From Taec Oppa:

             we need 2 talk.

I stiffened. Uh-Oh.. I glanced at Krystal. She didn’t seem to have noticed.

To Taec Oppa:

             Call me.

From Taec Oppa:

             no. we need 2 talk n persn.

I gulpped, feeling uneasy.

To Taec Oppa:

             I can’t. You know that. I’m under watch and they wouldn’t allow that.

From Taec Oppa:

             i dnt care wat they allow. sneak out.

To Taec Oppa:

Can we do it another day when I’m already out somewhere? It might be easier that way.

From Taec Oppa:

no. we need 2 talk NOW. if u dnt come here i will go there. nd ur lezbo gf wont like it.

My heart pounded at the thought. When Taecyeon is mad, it’s scary what he’ll do. And his threat to Taeyeon was not something I’m willing to have come true.

To Taec Oppa:

             Okay. I’ll meet you at the house. I need to get the rest of my stuff anyway.

I really did need to get all of my stuff from the house. After our last encounter, I didn’t plan on going back to that house or him when all of this was said and done. I’ll just make my dad understand.

“Yah.” I grabbed Krystal’s attention, wriggling my stomach. “Ask Hyoyeon what she’s doing right now.”

“Why?”

“Because I wanted to say something , but I don’t know if she’s watching or not.”

“Okay.” Krystal texted her and got a response back not long after. “She’s in the bathroom with a stomach ache.”

“Oh..” I said. That's convenient. “Okay… Well, I’m going to get a snack.” I moved upward, hinting for Krystal to get off my stomach.

“Mmk.” She said, not bothering to look back at me.

I went downstairs and grabbed Taeyeon’s car keys. Taeyeon might possibly kill me for taking her car.. I snuck out of the front door and into the car.

“Okay, Jessica.” I told myself. “You probably only have five minutes until they find out you’re missing. And then maybe another twenty until Sooyoung or Hyoyeon drive to the house and get me. Make this quick.”

Not long after, I parked the car in the driveway of what I no longer called my house. I got out of the car and entered the house.

“Hello? Taecyeon? I’m here.” I said warily.

He came down the stairs. “That was quick.”

“Yeah. And this will be too.” I replied indifferently. “I’m here to get the rest of my things. So you talk as I do that.”

“Excuse me?” He said. “You’re here so we can talk. That’s why I texted you.”

“Yeah, you can talk as I pack. It’s not hard to do two things at once, Taecyeon.” I went upstairs with him at my heels.

“What the , Jessica??” Taecyeon said, his voice rising.

I spun to face him. “No. That’s not how this is going to go, Taecyeon.” I gave him the cold side of me, causing him to stand there dumbfounded. “You want to talk? Then talk. Do not raise your voice at me and throw a fit like usual. Not this time. Talk to me like a normal human. Listen to my side, understand my reasoning, and don’t lay your hands on me again.” I turned back around and started grabbing things from all over the room and stuffing them in the bag I brought.

“What was that about?” He asked, calmer than before. Or maybe just still stricken by my Ice Mode.

“What was what about?”

“When you called me Taeyeon. What’s going on between you two?”

“What happened was a mistake.” I told him as I continued to pack. “Your names are very similar. Taecyeon, Taeyeon. Just one letter difference. I had been living with her for two weeks already so I’m used to saying her name already. It was just a mistake.”

“Well is there anything going on between you two?” he asked again.

I stayed quiet. Not sure how to answer that. Yes? No? Maybe? I hope? Is there really anything going on with us? Will there be? I would love so much for that answer to be yes, but what would everyone think? What would Krystal think? Would she be ashamed that her sister has these kinds of feelings for another girl? My best bet is to just to not answer his question as I shoved more things into the bag.

“Jessica???”

“What?”

“Is there?”

“Uhmm… Uh..” I stuttered. Dammit.. “N-no.” I managed to say.

“Why are you stuttering then?”

I placed a framed picture of Krystal and I sitting on a slide together on the top of all of the things in the bag as I finished up and turned to look at him. I sighed, frustrated by his questions. “I don’t know, Taecyeon.”

I walked past him and down the stairs.

“You don’t know why you’re stuttering or you don’t know what's going on between you two?” he asked.

“Both.” I simply said.

“What? Wait, are you serious?? What the hell, Jessica!”

“What do you want me to say, Taecyeon??”

“Are you a lesbian now???”

“What?? No!” The question took me back a little.

“Oh no?” he said. “It sure seems like it! Are you cheating on me with her??”

Back off, Taecyeon.” I warned him. He does not want to start on me with cheating.

“So you came here for your stuff? What? Does that mean you’re leaving me?”

“Yes. It does. After what you did last time, there’s no way I’ll stay with you, no matter how much my father disapproves.”

“And then what?” He asked with a sarcastic tone. “Are you going to move in with the lesbian? Hmm? After they find the guys trying to kill you? You’re going to stay at her place and still claim you’re not a ?”

“ you, Taecyeon.” Is all I say.

“Ha! You’ve been cheating on me with a girl. I don’t know whether to be pissed off or amused.”

“I did not cheat on you!” I screamed at him. “You have no place to talk about cheating. I ing saw you at the club with some other girl. I was there for one of the times you were all over some . So you cannot accuse me of cheating and be hurt about it when you are the two timing prick in this relationship. you, Taecy—“

Next thing I know, he slapped me full force across my face. I stumbled backward and tripped over my own feet, falling to the ground. My cheek burned as though I had my face in a fire all this time. Tears filled my eyes. Not because I was crying, but from the impact of the slap itself. I looked up at Taecyeon and the look in his eyes was something out of a nightmare.

Coming here was a bad idea. I’m all alone with this man and the crazy look he’s giving me says the slap was only the beginning. This was a really bad idea…

 

 


is about to go DOWN. Jessica really wasn't so smart about going to meet with him alone. Now she's in trouble and the others don't even know! What do you think is going to happen? Also, don't kill me for delaying a Taengsic kiss for soooo long! I promise when it happens, you'll be very satisfied! And you won't have to wait much longer either. I won't say when it will be, but I will say that's soon :)

Sooo.. As unfortunate as this sounds for you guys, I might possibly cut down the updates to once a week now that I have another story I'm writing. Because between working every single day and sometimes doing a double and now that they've made me assistant manager I'll possibly be working even more, I don't have time to write two chapters a week for this story and one for the other. I'll see how this goes though.

If you haven't already seen it, I've got a new story I just started called Up In Smoke! I'm really excited for this story and I just put up the first chapter yesterday! I hope that you'll enjoy that one as much as you enjoy this one!! So check it out!