Operation Angry Taengoo

Hate to Protect, Protect for Love

Hyoyeon's POV

“So you’re really going to do that for us??” I asked Seohyun for the fifth time that morning.

“Yes, unnie. I already said I would. I wouldn’t want you to have to stay here today.” She said.

“Daebak, Seo! I owe you for this, okay? Whatever it is, just tell me.”

“It’s okay, Unnie!” Seohyun said. “You don’t need to do that. What are friends for?”

“Thank you, Seo. Really. I’ll be back before tonight to check up and tell you how to work it all.” I said before giving Seohyun a hug and leaving the office.

I got in the car and called Sooyoung. After the first ring, she picked up.

“Did you find someone?” She asked.

“Yeah, Seohyun said she’ll do it.”

“I had a feeling she would. Awesome! What are you doing now?”

“I’m in my car,” I said. “On the way to the liquor store to get what we need.”

Sooyoung laughed. “You mean what we want!

“Eh, tomato, tomahto. Same thing.” I said back. “I’ll get a couple of bottles and I’ll go get the cake before we go over there.”

“Sounds good.” Sooyoung said. “I’m getting food right now.”

“Well after that, what else do we need?”

“Umm.. Did you get her a present yet?”

“No.. I haven’t.. , thanks for reminding me! Have you??” I said.

“No. But I will after I get the food. You think she noticed we turned our earpieces off yet?”

“I doubt it. She's oblivious sometimes, you know. Let me check really quick.” I said, turning on my earpiece.

“—Dammit, Jessica! It’s only three in the afternoon and you’ve already managed to piss me off! Stop throwing gummy bears at me! You’re wasting them and making a me—“ I turned it off again before I started laughing.

“Operation Angry Taengoo is in process.” I told Sooyoung. "Jessica is throwing gummy bears at her.”

“That’s making her mad?? She loves gummy bears!” Sooyoung laughed.

“Cute girl feeding her gummy bears? Sounds like one of her fantasies." I pulled up to the liquor store. "I’m here already. I’ll call you later, Soo. Keep me updated.”

I hung up and went into the store.

After getting the drinks, I had to get Taeyeon’s present.

It’s Taeng’s birthday today. She has no idea we’re going to celebrate it. I think she’s been too busy taking care of the Jung sisters to really even care that it’s her birthday. So Sooyoung and I planned to throw a surprise for her for a few days already. Yesterday’s timing came perfectly, when the YoonYul couple came by to eat. That’s why Sooyoung gave in so easily to watch the cameras instead of eating with them. My plan was to talk to them after dinner and get them to come back over tonight. It was a success, of course. Jessica and Krystal know about it too. Operation Angry Taengoo was Sooyoung’s idea of getting Taeyeon mad for her birthday and thinking no one even knows or remembers it, so that way when we surprise her, it’s more meaningful.

She seems a bit stressed out lately and it’s either because of the assignment, or because of Jessica. I watch them every single day, and I have definitely noticed something weird going on with them. I’ve caught on to the way Taeyeon stares at Jessica, and the way Jessica steals glances at Taeyeon when she’s not looking. I can understand Taeyeon doing it; she’s a lesbian with a smoking hot chick living in her house, what do you expect? But Jessica doing it makes me a bit more curious. She’s supposed to be straight, right? She told me so, and she has a boyfriend. But you don’t just take those kinds of glances at people just because. Sooyoung told me to play back the camera footage when I got home to see that “kitchen moment” and that was some fishy .

She’s gonna kill me when I give her this present, I thought before taking it to the cashier. This is gonna be great.

 

Taeyeon's POV

I swear I’m going insane today. These girls are driving me insane. Apparently, not only was it my birthday today, but it was also Irritate The Out Of Taeyeon Day. For example, this morning someone made breakfast and left all of the dirty dishes in the sink and the counters dirty for me to clean. And then Jessica was throwing ing gummy bears at me. What a waste of gummy bears! Krystal was humming for like an hour. Now, Krystal was sleeping on couch and Jessica was laying on the love seat. I would love to sit down. But Jessica was in Ice Princess Mode and ignored me when I asked her to move.

So I was sitting on the ground below her. At first it was nice because she was playing with my hair and it gave me tingles, but now she was smacking her gum and playing some annoying game on her phone.

*"SWEET."* Her game said. *"TASTY!"*

I got up and went outside before I exploded. As soon as I closed the front door, I felt relief. I walked into the yard and plopped onto the grass.

“Hey neighbor.” I looked over to see Yuri looking through the fence at me. “You don’t look so good. You okay there?”

“Not at all.” I answered back, lifting into a sitting position. “It’s horrible in there today.”

“It’s horrible being in a house with two beautiful girls?” Yuri said, an eyebrow lifted.

“It is today! They're driving me up the wall. I don’t know what’s gotten into them today.”

“Aww come on, it can’t be so bad.” She said.

“I asked Krystal if she wanted to go anywhere today and she started yelling at me about how I’m accusing her of not having friends. And then she started crying.”

Yuri chuckled. “She’s a teenager. They’re always moody.”

“Today is just a bad day, I guess. Of all days..”

“Just think,” Yuri said. “This is what it will be like when you have a kid. They’re gonna grow up and have these kinds of mood swings every single day.”

“Hey, tell that to yourself. You’re the one that’s going to get married and have a kid before me. You’re in a relationship, I’m the single one.”

“Speaking of which. What’s up with you and Jessica?”

I got up and walked to the fence. “She’s cute right?” I said in a low voice.

Yuri looked around her yard, checking if Yoona was around. Once the coast was clear, she replied. "Very."

“Yeah...”

Yuri stared at me as if waiting for me to finish.

“What?” I asked.

“That didn’t answer my question. Don’t avoid it. What’s up with you two?”

“Nothing is up with us.”

Yuri lifted her eyebrow at me again.

“No, I’m serious, Yul. Nothing is going on.”

“Why not?” Yuri asked. “I kinda thought you liked her from the way you spoke at dinner yesterday.”

“Well…” I said, slowly. “I.. do..like her..”

“I knew it!” Yuri exclaimed. I shushed her.

“Yeah, but nothing is happening.” I told her.

“Why not??”

“Because she's a Jung, Yul. You know why. And because she’s straight, remember? Did you forget that part? Or the part where even if she was gay, she’s part of my job. I don’t think you’re allowed to have with your work.”

“Is that an actual rule…”

“Probably.”

“I doubt it!”

“Oh my gosh, Yuri she’s straight! Do I have to spell it out for you!” I chuckled a little.

“Okay, okay, I got it. Dang Taeng!”” Yuri laughed along with me. She got serious again. “Really though. If that’s the case, then be careful. I fell for a straight girl once. It .”

“I’m fine, Yul. I’m not in love with anybody. Don’t worry about me, haha…” I laughed awkwardly and scratched the back of my neck. “Okay, well I’m gonna go back in. See you later.”

“Yeah you will. Good luck, Tae.”

I went back in and the first thing I saw was Jessica staring at me with narrowed eyes.

Did she hear the conversation???

“What?” I asked her, pretending that wasn't nervous as hell.

“While you were outside doing whatever you were doing, someone could have snuck in from the back or something and slit my throat right here. How are you going to just leave like that??? What’s your problem???”

“What’s my problem?” I said as calmly as I could, which wasn't calm at all. “More like what’s your problem???” I could feel the anger I was holding in all day bubbling inside me. It's too late to keep it in now. “You have been an annoying all day. Making it seem like everything I’m doing is wrong. You’re been snapping at me over the smallest things all day and I’ve been trying to be so calm to you the whole time, but I can’t do it anymore! You’re pissing me off! If you don’t like the way I’m doing things, then I’ll go tell my boss to find someone else to baby sit you while nothing ing happens. I don’t ing care anymore! Hell, it might even be better! I’ll get my house back to myself and maybe you won’t be a to the next person!”

With that, I stormed out of the living room and down to the basement, slamming the door behind me and putting my boxing gloves on. I just blew up on her. I’ll regret it later, but right now I just need to let off steam.

 

 


Lesson learned: Don't poke the bear. (Bear = Taeyeon). This is a short chapter, but I think it's kind of hilarious, dispite Taeyeon blowing up on the Jung sisters. "Stop throwing gummy bears at me!" My ultimate favorite line in all of this story right now. Don't waste gummy bears when Taeyeon would happily take them!

Also, I have noticed that my story info says that I have 39 chapters, but as you see, I only have 14 visible. I feel like that's highly misleading to my readers and I'm annoyed at that. I have my story planned out in my head and before I forget what I am thinking, I put it up on here. Those 39 chapters are like summaries of what the chapter or story in general is about. However, they are subject to change if I happen to change my mind. XD I just want you to know that. In case anyone saw that there were so many chapters, clicked on it and only find that 14 or whatever are up. That's just the way I work things out.

Love you guys <3