Counselor's Analysis

Hate to Protect, Protect for Love

Taeyeon’s POV

The next day, I was free to go back home. Jessica and Krystal were staying under my care, after they refused to be put with someone else. I was given some pain medication and sleeping pills and told to rest for a week or two. Since I’ll be on drugs for a while, I won’t exactly be helpful in the protective sense of my job. Chief sent Sooyoung to stay with us until I’m good as new.

“What about school?” I asked him before we left the hospital. “They both have school. Someone needs to be with both of them. Hyo is going to be in the office watching the surveillance cameras; Soo is going to be with one of them. What about the other?”

“Hyoyeon can take her.” He answered. “You’ll be in the house anyway.”

“Yeah, but I might be sleeping or loopy.”

“Well I’ll have Seohyun watch the cameras then. I know she’s covered for you guys before already. She might as well be in your team by now.”

Later today, I will be going to the station to talk to the guy that broke into my house. I’m looking quiet forward to it, not going to lie.

 

Jessica’s POV

Taeyeon laid down on the couch and I put a pillow underneath her back.

“Are you going to keep getting injured while we’re here?” I asked, amused. “This is the third time.”

“If I keep getting your attention like this, then I guess so.” She smirked.

“You’re something else, you know that, Kim Taengoo?” I pecked her lips.

“Kim Taengoo~” She sang. “Did you know if you take away the “i” and “m” from Kim and the “t” from Taengoo and put the rest together, it makes Kaengoo? And that sounds like kangaroo.” She giggled. Krystal bellowed a laugh and I giggled along with her.

“Yep.” Sooyoung said, plopping down on the loveseat. “She’s so looped up from the meds.”

“This is too cute.” Krystal laughed, sitting next to Soo.

“What’s cute?” Taeyeon asked, pouting at Krystal. “I’m being left out of things. Is it because I’m the shortest one here?”

Krystal laughed again. “You’re cute, Taeyeonie.”

Her pout changed into an adorable smile. “Aw shucks.” She giggled again. I walked over to the loveseat to sit down. “Wae??” Taeyeon said. I turned around. “Why aren’t you gonna sit with me?”

“You’re laying down, Kangaroo.”

She lifted her legs up, indicating for me to sit under them. I complied. She dropped her legs back down and I rubbed them. Her legs were just about the only part of her I wasn’t too nervous to touch.

“Jeshikaaaa” She said my name using aegyo. I think this is the second time I’ve seen her do aegyo. I usually hate aegyo, but she’s too cute to not like anything she does.

“Yes, Kangaroo?” I answered back.

“You’re so beautiful, you know?” She reached for my hand with her good hand. “Everything about you is beautiful. You’re face, your body, your personality..”

“My personality? My personality is not beautiful. I’m known to be cold, remember?”

“You’re not that cold. You warm me up every time you speak to me. And you’re caring and loving and sweet. And cute.” She ended it off with another shot of aegyo. I laughed from the cuteness overload.

“Ugh. I think I’m gonna hurl.” Sooyoung said.

“I’m with you on that.” Krystal added.

“You know what else is beautiful about you?” She didn’t wait for my answer before continuing. “Your voice. Your voice is like an angel. Or a baby’s .”

“What??” Sooyoung bursts into laughter. “How is it like a baby’s ???”

“It’s smooth and delicate.” She answered back, unphased by Sooyoung’s laughing.

“No one has ever made such a weird comparison to my voice before, Taengoo. You really are something, baby.”

“Krystaaaaaaal” Taeyeon smiled at her.

“Yes, unnie?” Krystal suppressed a laugh.

“I know a secret about you that you don’t know I know about.” She said, a wide grin on her face. I looked up at Krystal, confused.

“What is it?” I asked Taeyeon.

“What’s a secret if it’s not kept?” She narrowed her eyes at me. “My lips are sealed. Just like a chastity belt, you’re not getting it from me.”

Sooyoung grabbed her stomach as she tried to control her laughter after that, tears falling down her face. “Oh my god! Did you get that one, Hyo???”

“SOOOOOO!” Taeyeon started with her. Sooyoung’s laughter died into a silent cry so she could listen. “You’re the best. Choi Sooyoung daebak!” She gave Sooyoung a thumbs up. “I love you. I’m so happy to have a friend like you stay with me through all the I’ve had in my life.”

“Of course, Taeng.” She said with a smile. “You’re my family. We’re all a family.”

“God may have taken my mom and dad from me, but in return he gave me two amazing people.” Sooyoung’s eyes watered as she gave Taeyeon a loving smile. “A giraffe that eats everything it sees, and an ogre that dances even when there’s no music.” She added. Sooyoung choked out laughter.

This went on for another ten minutes before she became quiet.

“Is she asleep now..?” Krystal asked.

“I think so.” Sooyoung said.

“She should take that medication more often. That was the best thing I’ve seen in a while.” Krystal said.

“You guys missed a badass fight.” Taeyeon suddenly said. We looked over at her. Her eyes were still closed, but she was talking. “Hyoyeon saw it. All he knew to do was cheap shot after cheap shot. He took advantage of the pitch black. The only reason he ed me up so bad was because he dropped me before I even saw him. He broke my fingers before I even saw him!”

We sat there silently as she told her story.

“What a . If you have to cripple someone before the fight even starts, you’re a . But I had him really good for a while. Pop, pop, bah!” She swung her arms in punching motions. She stayed quiet for a second before her arms moved up to her neck. She lightly wrapped hers hands around it. “He was squeezing so hard.. I couldn’t breathe… I almost gave up.. I thought I was dead, for sure.” She moved her hands away, revealing her bruised neck again. I looked away from it. “But.. here I am. Because I’m fighter. If I wasn’t a fighter, I would have died in high school. I can’t wait to see him later today..” She chuckled until it was replaced with light snoring.

I looked up at Sooyoung and Krystal, who were just as weirded out as I was.

~~~~~

A couple of hours later, Sooyoung wakes Taeyeon up.

“Mmguh.. Huh..?” Taeyeon groaned.

“Time to go to the station, Tae.” She said.

Taeyeon gets up groggily and we went to the station. We all have to go, since Taeyeon can’t drive and we can’t be alone in the house. Sooyoung has to take her.

Once at the station, Sooyoung sat us down in some chairs while they talked to some guy.

“You sure you’re up for this?” I heard the guy say.

“I’m so up for this.” Taeyeon said.

“Alright, well we’ve had a couple of people try to get something out of him, but no budge.”

“Oh, don’t worry about it.” Taeyeon said. “I’ll get it out of him.”

After a little bit, it was time for them to start the questioning.

“Stay here, okay?” Sooyoung said.

“No, I want to watch.” I told her, getting up.

“What? Why would you want to do that?” She asked.

“I want to see the guy that broke in to try and kill me. Let me go in, please.”

She looked at me for a few moments. “Fine. Come on.” I followed her into the room. There was a window on one wall. On the other side, of the window was a guy sitting at a metal table. His hands were handcuffed together, his short black hair was wet and shaggy and almost covered his cold black eyes, and his mouth was in a straight, hard line. Despite his swollen purple-blue face, he looked attractive. You know, if he didn’t try to kill my girlfriend so he could kill me and my sister.

“The window is one sided. We can see and hear him, but he can’t see or hear us.” Sooyoung said.

“Where’s Taeyeon?” I asked.

As soon as I said that, the door to the room with the culprit opened and Taeyeon walked in. The guy looked up and when he recognized her, he smiled. His smile sent chills down my spine and left me feeling uneasy.

“Ah, I was wondering if I would see you here.” He said. “Hello Kim Taeyeon.”

 

Taeyeon’s POV

I walked into the room and he looked up at me, smiling. His face was swollen like no other. His cheeks and left eye were a color wheel of blues, purples, and greens.

“Ah, I was wondering if I would see you here. Hello Kim Taeyeon.” He said.

“Choi Siwon.” I said, sitting across the table from him.

“I guess you know who I am now.” He said with amusement in his voice. He pointed at my neck. “That’s a nice color on you.”

“Mmm, yeah. I could say the same for you.” I said about his face. “How are your legs?” I smiled at him.

“How is your hand?” He mimics my smile.

We stared at each other for a moment. I set a folder down on the table in front of him and he looked down at it.

“What’s this?” He smirked at me. “My file?”

I chuckled. “I scanned your file before coming in here. There was nothing interesting about that.” I pointed down at the folder. “No, that right there is my file.” His expression didn’t change as he continued to look at me, staying quiet. “Read it if you’d like.”

He didn’t move an inch. After a minute, I grabbed my folder and opened it up, leaning into my seat and lifting the front legs of the metal chair off the ground.

I cleared my throat before starting. “I got into a lot of trouble when I was younger, you know? I had a rough past. After working here for a while, they started to notice, so I was sent to a counselor.” I looked down at the page I turned to in my file. An entry from my counselor. “Kim Taeyeon seems to be lost in her traumatizing past, and goes to a dark place when provoked.”

I flipped some pages to another entry. “Kim Taeyeon’s anger seems to be far worse than expected at first. I would suggest she go to anger management classes.” I flipped to another page. “Ms. Kim is a very protective person, which shows she is good for this job, but her temper draws some concerns. She told me today about her high school fights and her problem with blacking out when thrown into combat. That is a red flag in itself.”

I chuckled as I turned to another entry. “She told me if she could get away with it, she would beat child and spouse abusers to death as well as drunkards. Her hostility towards her past makes me question her actions, though I am positive they are in the best of interest in her eyes.”

I set my file down and looked up at him. His smile was replaced with a hard line. “Is there a reason you decided to read that ?”

I smirked and pulled something out of my suit jacket. I unfolded the paper and placed it in front of him. I pointed at the man in the photo. It was a photo of the man from the apartment we found out about a week ago.

“His name was Kim Heechul. He was part of your little kill clan.” He looked at the photo and then back up at me. “We found him, but he chose to die than be brought in for questioning. I’m sure you don’t want to do the same? So where is everyone else?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. Never seen him in my life.” He smirked.

I stared at him and leaned back in my chair again, folding my arms to my chest. “The other night, you said you have to send Jessica and Krystal Jung to ‘the boss’. Who is that, exactly?” He didn’t say a word.

I looked down at my fingers and picked at them. “You know..” I started. “I’m a pretty patient person, most of the time. Usually, when someone doesn’t want to talk in here, I wait it out. But I almost always get answers out of them.” I looked up at him to see him glaring at me. I looked back down indifferently. “Today, however, I’m on some strong meds to keep me moving. I’m supposed to be on bed rest, but I just had to see you. These meds have me a little loopy.”

I looked back up at him, leaning into the table, and spoke in an almost whisper. “It’s in your best interest to speak now before I lose my patience. I’m not up for your little games.” He only looked at me. “So tell me. Where. Is. Your. Hideout.” I repeated.

He leaned into the table the same way I did. “Over my dead body.”

I smiled. “That’s what I was hoping you’d say.”

Without any hesitation, I jabbed my good fist right into his nose. He cried out and grabbed at his face, blood covering his hands and mouth and dripping onto the metallic table. I’m behind him in seconds, my arm wrapped around his throat in a choke hold. He grabbed at my arms, but I didn’t let go. I tightened my hold and pulled him out of his seat, slamming him against the wall. He started chocking.

“Not so pleasant when it’s your neck, is it?” He coughed in response. “Where are they?” I tightened my hold more, making my point that I was not messing around.

“Agh.. Gagh.. Th.. They… Gaghhh..”

“Taeyeon!” I heard Sooyoung’s voice behind me. A hand rested on my shoulder and I closed my eyes. I squeezed my arms tighter right before I let him go. He dropped to the ground in a coughing frenzy.

“Where?” I asked him as I steadied my breathing.

“At the abandoned gas station!” He choked. “You know, that one just off the main road?? Heechul was the one that supplied us with the weapons!”

“How many more guys are there?” Sooyoung asked.

“Aside from me? Uh.. four.” He said. “And then there’s the leader.”

“Who is the leader?”

“I-I-I don’t know.. Really.. He stays out of everything. He's got a right hand man that gives out the orders for him.. He goes by Rain, but no one knows his real name! I'm telling the truth, I swear! I don't know anything about the guy!”

“Last question.” I said. “Why are you all trying to kill them?”

“The chairman ed us over. Everyone in this lost everything because of him. The guy in charge found us found us, man. He was looking for people like us who were willing to go to extremes to get back what we lost. We had nothing else to lose, so why not!? He sent Rain to get all of us on his side. Our plan from the beginning was just to kill the Chairman. To scare his CEO son into returning to us what we long lost. But the guy wanted to get rid of the whole bloodline. He wanted to get rid of all of the Jung’s so an entirely new family took over. We had prepared everything just to take out the chairman and all of a sudden plas changed. It was his payback..”

Without a word, I walked out of the interrogation room. I sat down beside Krystal in the hallway. My broken fingers were starting to hurt from the choke hold I gave. “Where’s your sister?” I asked her.

Just then, she and Sooyoung walked over.

“Ready to go back?” Sooyoung asked.

I got up and rested my hand on Jessica’s back, leading her to the door.

 

 


So now you know the extent of Taeyeon's temper. O.o She had a hard past, that's for sure. Poor girl! But loopy Taengoo Kangaroo is just too adorable to handle, isn't she? XD And they got the location of where the rest of the guys are!! I asked you guys to leave me names of who you wanted to be thebad guy and I had a couple of people say Siwon, Heechul, and Rain. So I made the guy from the basement Siwon, the guy from a few chapters back and from that rooftop chase earlier on in the story Heechul, and the boss guy's right hand man Rain! Hope that satisfies all of your wishes!

Tell me what you think of this chapter guys! Thank you for all the subscribers! Really, it's absolutely amazing guys!!!

Love you guys! <3