Taeyeon The Gentleman

Hate to Protect, Protect for Love

Taeyeon's POV

“TAEYEON!!!!!!” Sooyoung came running up to me and gave me a hug.

“Sooyoung!!!” I shouted.

“Hyoyeon!” Hyoyeon shouted back.

Sooyoung backed away with a grossed out face. "Eww, Taeng. You’re all sweaty!”

I laughed my ahjumma laugh. “I said I just left the gym, didn’t I??”

“You look hot with your kid sized gym clothes on.” Hyoyeon came over and pinched my cheeks.

“Ew, Hyo. You can’t put hot and kid in the same sentence. That’s creepy.” I smacked her hands away from my face.

“I’ve missed you, Taeng!” Sooyoung said, grabbing my hands and jumping up and down.

“I’ve missed you too!” I joined her in jumping like a kid.

“You guys saw each other like four days ago.” Hyoyeon said.

“Four days is too long!” Sooyoung said.

“Yeah! I have to see you almost every day and not Sooyoung. What fun is that?” I said, earning a smack on the back of my head.

Sooyoung is my other best friend. Hyo, Soo and I have been friends since we were kids. Hyo and I wanted to be in some sort of law enforcement career since high school. I wanted to be a body guard for celebrities while she wanted to be a police officer. Sooyoung had no clue what she wanted to do. Our senior year, Hyo and I decided to join the Protective Services together. The Protection Services is a branch in the police force, so in a way we both joined what we wanted. We were so close so we just HAD to work together and be partners. Once high school was over, Soo was still unsure about what to do in college so we convinced her to join us and if she didn’t like it, she could find something else. She agreed and now we’re all partners!

I sat down at my desk.

“So are you guys seriously just here to hang out?” I asked. They nodded. “Of all the places, why would you choose the office? Aren’t you here enough already? Next time let’s just meet up at the club or something.”

“Well the boss called me about the whole death threat ordeal earlier today, but I got here about an hour ago to check it out. And Sooyoung was about to leave and stayed and then we called you!”

“The club sounds like a good idea, though! Can we go there after this!?” Sooyoung asked, jumping up and down again. I couldn’t help but smile at her. She’s so cute.

“So what do you think about the Jung situation?” Hyoyeon asked. I sighed. “I know you don’t want to talk about it, but you know if something actually happened, we would be the ones assigned to it.” Hyoyeon said.

“It’s not gonna happen,” I simply said. “Nothing is going to happen. Just like nothing happened the last five times. And frankly, I don’t care if something does happen in the first place. Good riddance. him.”

The room was silent for a moment.

“……Sooooo….. How about the club then?” Sooyoung broke the silence.

 

 

I took a swig of my rum and coke.

“Taeyeon-ah!” Sooyoung shouted over the loud music in the club. “Are you drunk yet???”

I laughed at her question. She and Hyoyeon were already past drunk. Hyo was somewhere on the dance floor, and Sooyoung had turned away from flirting with some guy to talk to me.

“I’m getting there, Sooyoungie!” I shouted back. That wasn’t entirely a lie. I hadn’t been drinking as much as those two have, but I was pretty buzzed and things were starting to get blurry. ’Getting there’ was not a good enough answer for Sooyoung, however, as she grabbed my hand and attempted to pull me up from the couch. Unsuccessfully, that is. She lost her balance and fell right on top of me.

Sooyoung’s face was just inches away from mine as she looked down at me.

Here it goes again..

Sooyoung and I have been best friends for most of our lives and I won’t deny that at some point during that time I had a huge crush on her. I mean, who wouldn’t? Her cute little button nose and prominent cheek bones; her tall slender body about a head above me; and let’s not forget those y, y, long, slim legs of hers.. Not to mention her ability to scarf down anything and everything around her and not gain a single kilogram. I don’t know why that’s so attractive, but…

Like any good friendship, I talked to her about it and got over the crush. But right now I’m having déjà vu. A couple of times in the past when we had gone over our drinking limit, we got a little… physical. Sooyoung is straight, let me just throw that out there. But after a few shots, she sometimes tends to be more fluid about it. With me. And if I’m a few shots in as well, I won’t stop her. And the next morning, we’ll just joke about it like it’s no big deal, which it’s not. We haven’t gone all the way, if you know what I mean. Mostly just making out. If we were to ever get that far, I honestly don’t think it would change anything between us still. In fact, sometimes when some guys try to hit on her, which happens a lot, she uses me as her girlfriend. When the occasional guy calls our bluff, we’ll kiss to make it more believeable. We’re pretty comfortable with each other.

So there we were. Sooyoung was on top of me, inches away from my face. My hands were on her waist keeping her half up and her hands were pushing against the couch to keep herself up as well.

I am not drunk enough for this..

Sooyoung giggled cutely and pressed a finger to my lips. “Uh uh. Not tonight, sweet lips.” She said to me.

I smiled at her and pushed her to a standing position before standing myself up. She grabbed my hand again and dragged me to the bar.

“Hey you!” she slurred to the bartender. “Gimme a… gimme a-aaaaaaaa… a shot!”

“What kind?” he asked.

“A good one! One-one that‘el ge-get my friend here druuuuuunk.” She grabbed my shoulders and pulled me into a side hug, giggling.

The bartender passed us two shots.

“LOVE SHOT!!!!” Sooyoung screamed out, causing people around us to stare.

We took the love shot and right after, we took another shot.

Five minutes later, I was on the dance floor with Sooyoung and Hyoyeon bumping and grinding on them and random people.

“HERE’S TO STUPID CHEATING BOYFRIENDS!!!!!” Someone nearby screamed out. I shouted out a “Whoooooo!!!!!”  and a bunch of other people joined me. Yep. I’m So. Drunk.

 

Jessica's POV

I was on the dance floor with Tiffany. After my dinner with the family, I called the girls up to party. We were at the best club in town. Some place called f(x). I had never been there before, but I knew this was where Taecyeon liked to go with his boys and since he wasn’t home, I figured he was here like he said for the last few days. I was right about that, but what I wasn’t expecting to see was him sitting there with the guys (minus Nichkhun) with his arm around some other girl. He was being a little more physical with her than someone who's in a relationship should be.

I didn’t go up to the group and fight with that or cry to him asking why he was with her. I wasn’t all that surprised, to be honest. Instead of making a big scene about it, I just got really drunk with Tiffany and Sunny.

The strobe lights were flashing to the beat of the song blasting from all sides and corners of the dance floor, making everything look like it was in slow motion. The only way I knew I was dancing with Tiffany was from her glowing shirt under the backlights. Her shirt was glowing neon blue except for the black outline in the front reading “My Eyes Are Up Here” on her with an arrow pointing up to her face. Before leaving her place, I told her that shirt contradicts itself because people have to look at her s to read it.

“That’s the point!” she exclaimed and gave me her famous eye smile.

Sunny danced her way over to us and handed us shot glasses filled up to the rim. How she managed to bring three shot glasses from the bar to the dance floor, find us, and not spill any of it was a mystery to me.

I lifted my glass in the air and screamed out, “HERE’S TO STUPID CHEATING BOYFRIENDS!!!!!”

The crowd shouted out with me. I don’t even think they knew what they were cheering for, but that didn't matter.

Sunny, Tiffany, and I took our shots and returned to our dancing.

After a while, I realized I had lost Sunny and Tiffany on the dance floor. I knew Tiffany went to the bathroom earlier, but I had no clue where she went afterwards. But where’s Sunny? I looked around but I was at a total loss. Add the blacklights, strobes, and my extremely blurred vision together and you get a practically blind person. I stumbled around the dance floor looking for her.

Finally I spotted her dancing all over some guys.

Damn, he’s hot. I thought about the guy whose face I couldn’t even see.

I left her to her dancing and made my way to the bar. I just wanted to sit for a bit and maybe have another drink before going back to the floor. I ordered a margarita and was drinking it when someone sat beside me. I could feel his eyes on me as I pretend I wasn't aware of his existance. A few moments later, I realized he was not going to stop, so I put my glass down and looked at him.

“Can I help you?” I said, trying to sound as sober as possible. I know how this goes. He’s going to see that I’m really drunk and next thing I know he’s dragging me down the back alley trying to rip my top off.

“Can I help you is the better question.” He said wriggling his eyebrows at me.

“Eugh” I rolled my eyes and got up from my chair, making my way back to the dance floor.

He grabbed my wrist and turned me around. “Don’t play hard to get, lady. I saw you checking me out.”

“Excuse you? I haven’t even seen you before this.” I tried to pull away but he grabbed my arm harder. “Let go of me!”

“I know you were checking me out. Let’s go find a quieter place to talk.” He said, his eyes roaming down my body.

“Is something wrong, babe?” someone said from beside me. I turned to see a shorter girl looking at the guy. Her arm s around my waist and her eyes dropped to his hand still squeezing my arm. “Do you wanna let go of my girlfriend now?” Her tone was intimidating, unlike her size.

He let go and raised his arms up to surrender. “Hey, she was checking me out.”

“Huh. I doubt it.” She retorted back, looking him up and down with an annoyed.

She pulled me away from him and let go of me when we were out of his sight. “Thank you.” I said in her ear so she could hear me better.

“No problem. I saw what was going on from the floor and no one else tried to stop him. I do that for my friend all the time.” She shouted back. “I’m Kim Taeyeon.You’re savior.” With a laugh and a small stumble backwards, she stuck her hand out.

“Jessica Jung,” I shook her hand. “Thank you. I swear he would have ripped my arm off and used that to his pleasure if I kept fighting back.” We laughed.

“Jessica Jung…” she said. “That sounds familiar.” We started dancing together. “Did we go to school together?” she asked.

“Doubt it! I went to school in America!”

A few songs in, we were dancing together like that day wasn’t the first time we met.

Tiffany and Sunny appeared from the middle of the dancing crowd a while later.

“Jess! Let’s go! It’s already two in the morning!” Sunny yelled out.

“Okay, okay! I’m coming!” I shouted back. I turned to the short girl in front of me. “I’ve gotta go now! Thanks for the company!”

I turned away  she she grabbed my hand and pulled me back around. Not like that guy did; this was much more gentle. She looked up at me and pulled out her phone. “Hold on. Can I get your number? Maybe we can hang out some time!”

 

Taeyeon's POV

The gorgeous brunette I was dancing with had just left.

Time to go find Hyoyeon and Sooyoung.

I found them easily. They don’t call Hyoyeon the dancing queen for nothing. She’s easily noticeable on the dance floor. Sooyoung isn’t as dance experienced as Hyoyeon, who took dance classes since she could stand on her feet, but she sure knows how to move too. I grouped up with them.

“Hey,” Hyoyeon said. “There you are!! The taxi’s here!”

Outside of the club, the taxi was waiting for us.

“Ohmygod he was sooooooo cute,” Hyoyeon slurred to Sooyoung about some guy she was dancing with. “I gabe him my number and he shaid he’d call me.”

“He’s pro-probly not even going to remember talking to you tomorrow!” I said and pushed her, which caused both of us to fall. I luckily fell against the taxi, but Hyoyeon fell flat on her on the sidewalk.

“OHMYGOD HYO I’M SORRY!” I laughed as I tried helping her up but ended up falling beside her. Next thing you know we were laughing hysterically on the ground.

“Ya’ guys are so shtupid.” Sooyoung said before hopping into the backseat of the taxi. Hyoyeon managed to get up and climb in after her.

I got up and was about to get in the car when I heard someone.

“—is it?? Where did I park???”

That voice is really familiar…

“Are you even okay to drive?! Haha!”

“Duh! I di-I didn’t even drink dat mush!”

I looked around, squinting in the dark. I spotted three girls off in the distance in the parking lot. None of them looked sober.

Oh no…

“Hold on guys.” I told the two in the taxi and made my way to the three in the lot, my mind forcing itself to sober up for a little bit.

“Hey, what’s going on?” I asked when I reached the girls. They turned around and I noticed one of them.

The cute girl I saved from that creep. Now I had a better look at her away from the blacklight and flashing strobes.

Damn.

She looked angelic, despite being extremely wasted and stumbling around. She was wearing black shorts and a white blouse. The rest of it was a blur, but from what my eyes could focus on, she was beautiful.

“It’s my girlfriend!!!” she cried out and ran over to me, embracing me in a hug, which I think was more of a support hug to keep her from falling than an actual hug. “So this guy was trying to me and she came to my rescue and pretended to be my girlfriend to get him away!” she faced me with her eyes half close and gave me a cheeky smile.

“Daebak! She’s better than your boyfriend!” The short girl said, causing them all to laugh.

"Fu.. him." She said, waving the short girl's comment away like a gnat. "She's better." she giggled, the smell of alcohol was strong.

“Is everything okay?” I asked.

“No,” the girl hanging on to me pouted. “I can’t find my car.”

“Car? Driving? Nononono, you can’t drive in your condition. Come on, you can take my taxi instead.” I said, dragging her away with the others following.

“I’m fine! I’m not eben dwunk!” She shouted.

I stopped and looked at her with a do-you-really-think-I’m-that-dumb expression on my face. “Yeah no, come on.” I dragged her again.

Once we reached the taxi, I opened the door and peered inside. “Okay girls. Get out.”

“WHAT?? WHY!?” Sooyoung asked.

“Because I’m giving this taxi to someone else so they don’t drive home and kill someone.” I said.

They got out and looked at the three girls beside me.

“HEY! SHE’S SHORTER THAN YOU, TAE!!!” Hyoyeon exclaimed, pointing at the shortest girl beside me.

“YAH! I’m not short!!! I’m fun-sized!!!” The shorter girl shouted, lifting onto her toes to make herself taller.

“Here, get in the cab, okay?” I said, pushing the girls into the taxi one by one.

“You kicked us out of the car so you can be a gentleman, Kim Taeyeon??” Sooyoung said, crossing her arms in front of her. Hyoyeon looked at her and mimicked the action. “What about us???”

“I’ll just get us another cab, Soo!” I looked toward the driver and gave him a bunch of bills. “Here. Take them to their house, okay?”

Jessica grabbed my hand through the window. "My girlfriend is shuch a gentleman. Thank youuuuuu." She gave me a big smile before they drove off and left me with two annoyed drunk girls.

 

 


At last! Taengsic meet! Taeyeon is such a gentleman, saving Sica from creepy men and keeping her from drinking and driving. :) I didn't show too much drunk Sica and Tae, but I can tell you there will definitely be more drunk chapters! I hope you like it! Next chapter will be the 2NE1 concert!

I think I'm going to put up a chapter every Wednesday and... Friday or Saturday? Tell me what you think! Thank you for subscribing! I didn't think I'd get many, so just seeing the notifications makes me so happy! I really appreciate it! Thank you, guys! <3