The Known and the Unknown

Hate to Protect, Protect for Love

Krystal’s POV

“Swimming! Drowning! Diving! Uh.. Snorkeling?” I called out.

Jessica pointd at me, indicating I guessed correctly. She moved the card to the side and flipped over another, reading it before covering it back up. She bursted into laughter by herself as I just sat here waiting.

“Omo, I don’t want to do this one! So embarrassing!”

“Not much time left!” Taeyeon looked at the sand timer.

Jessica bent into a crouch-like position and started skipping in place. I couldn’t hold back my hysteria after seeing my sister’s action. “Skipping!” I managed to say in between laughter.

“You look so stupid, Sica!” Taeyeon laughed with me, clapping her hands in amusement.

“Yah!” Jessica stopped her weird skipping and threw the sand timer at Taeyeon. “HORSEBACK RIDING, YOU IDIOT!” She yelled in English, crossing her arms and holding a serious and icy expression at us.

This caused me to laugh harder, while Taeyeon tried to hide hers and shifted uncomfortably under my sister’s look.

“My turn!” Sooyoung shouted, jumping from her spot on the couch and bumping Jessica out of the way.

She looked at a card before signaling Taeyeon to start the timer. She began her act in our game of charades.

“Painting!” Taeyeon said. Sooyoung flipped the card and started stumbling around, fist pumping into the air. “Partying?” She shook her head. “Drinking? Drunk!” Sooyoung pointed at Taeyeon and then herself and started rubbing her body. “Wait, so you drunk?” Taeyeon asked. Sooyoung nodded. “Okay.. Uh.. Oh! !” I laughed. “Bi-curious! ually confused! ! Touchy feely!” Sooyoung jumped up and pointed at her before grabbing another card.

“What???!!!” Sica protested. “Touchy feely?? What kind of charade is that???!”

“Merong~” Taeyeon stuck her tongue out at Jessica. She got five more right before the timer ran out.

Today was a pretty great day. It wasn’t too far into the day, but everyone has been in a really good mood. For good reason, I’m assuming.

Earlier today, I confronted them.

 

“Why are you two in such a good mood today? Just yesterday you were slapped by your ex, and I you were punched in the face. What’s there to be so happy about?”

“I’m just happy that I’m rid of that monkey.” Jessica said, giving me a bright smile.

I looked at Taeyeon, waiting for her answer. “What about you, Taeyeon unnie?”

“What? Am I not allowed to be in a good mood for no reason?” She asked. “Fine. I’ll just sulk around the rest of the day.”

“No, Unnie! Haha! Stay like this!” I pulled the shorty into a hug.

 

 “I give up.” Jessica said, sighing in frustration and laying back on the loveseat.

“WE WON!” Sooyoung shouted as she bear hugged Taeyeon.

“Ugh. Thanks, Jessie.” I groaned, pushing her out of my way so I could sit down.

“Sorry, Baby Jung.” Taeyeon laughed. “You’re partner is a loser.” She said "loser" in English, sticking her index finger and thumb out in the shape of an “L” and put her hand on her forehead.

“Yah!” Jessica halfheartedly threw a pillow in Taeyeon’s direction.

“How are you so tired from doing nothing, Sica?” Taeyeon asked, amusingly.

“Looking at you so much makes me tired, Officer Kim.” Jessica said. “It tires me to think about how much time it takes to look good in the morning for you.”

“Ouch!” Taeyeon grabbed at her chest in false hurt.

We sat quietly for a few minutes, relaxing and enjoying the silence.

“Jessie unnie.” I said. “You birthday is coming up soon.”

“Yeah, so?”

“So we need to have a party!” I said. “What do you want to do?”

She thought for a moment. “Well, I can’t do much. Can’t really leave the place, you know?”

“Just because you’re under protection doesn’t mean you can’t go out and do stuff, Sica.” Taeyeon said. “If you want to go out, just say where.”

Another moment before Jessica spoke again. “Well.. I don’t want to have a party in this house. I’ve seen enough of it already. What about the club?”

“But then I can’t go!” I protested.

“All the better reason to go.” Jessica murmured.

“What about my party house?” Sooyoung joined the conversation.

“Party house?” Jessica asked.

“Yep. I’ve got a vacation house. Well, more like my parents do, but they rarely go there, so I’ve made it into my party house.”

“True story.” Taeyeon said. “We used to have parties there all the time.”

“Great, I’ll get the alcohol!” Sooyoung said, excited.

“I’m underage, remember?” I reminded them. I’ve had plenty of alcohol before with my friends, Amber, Luna, and Sulli, but my family doesn’t know that.

“All the better reason to have it at the party house.” Taeyeon gave me a wink. Taeyeon is so cute. Taeyeon unnie is one of those people that could get anyone to crush on her. No wonder she was a player in the past.

“Excuse me?” Jessica said.

“Oh come on, Sica-ah.” Taeyeon said. “Would you rather her drink with other people and not know what she’s doing, or drink with us where she’s guaranteed to be safe?”

Jessica narrowed her eyes at Taeyeon, but didn’t argue. “Fine.” Is all she says. That was easy.

“Great!” Taeyeon clapped her hands. “So invite your friends, Jess. And Krystal, invite yours too. Let’s make this a real party.”

“Yes!” Sooyoung chimed in. “We’ll bring the guys too!”

“Guys?” Jessica asked.

“Yeah! We’ve got other friends too! Seungri, TOP, and Onew. We have to have guys there or I’m gonna end up making out with Taeyeon like usual.” Sooyoung said.

I see Jessica tense up at the last part as her expression turned ice cold. I smiled to myself, and Taeyeon looked anywhere but at Jessie.

“So it’s settled then!” Taeyeon said, changing the topic. “Who’s hungry? I’ll go start cooking.”

 

Taeyeon’s POV

“So everything’s going alright?” The chief asked through the phone.

“Yes sir. Nothing over the ordinary has happened since the rooftop incident at Starbucks.”

“Right... Well.. That’s good to hear. I hope it stays like that until we find those bastards.”

“To be honest, sir, I feel like something is going to come up. I just think it’s kind of weird that nothing has happened since then. Don’t you think? They might be preparing for something big.”

“Well, we did catch something recently.” Chief said. “That’s why I’m calling you guys now. We just confirmed an identity match.”

“Identity match?” Sooyoung asked.

It was after dinner now and I was in my room for this private phone call. The chief put Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, and I into a 4-way phone call to talk to us all together without us really being together.

“Yes.” He said. “I recently got a phone call from someone about suspicious action in an apartment. When the police got there, they found a few weapons in the said room, but no one was in there. So we checked the security cameras and found someone leaving the room.”

“Wait, so we have someone??” Hyoyeon said. “Why weren’t we told this before? It’s our case, so shouldn’t we be the ones—“

“Hold your horses, Kim.” Chief said. “I didn’t say we caught him. I said we have confirmed his identity.”

“Who is he?” I asked.

“His name is Kim Heechul. Twenty-four years old, he was a mechanic at the Fix It car place. I say was because the owner said he hasn’t showed up to work for four weeks, so he no longer works there.”

“Is there any association between him and Chairman Jung?” Hyoyeon asked.

Just hearing his name sent a burning hate through my body.

“Not that we’ve found. But telling you this information means it’s your job to find out more now. Maybe this can finally help us find these ers.” Chief said.

“Of course, Chief.” Hyoyeon said. “I’ll figure out where he’s living now and we’ll get him.”

“I trust that. So Kim Taeyeon, how is everything going in the house? Are you okay with this now? Have you formed bonds yet?”

Bonds? What kind of a question is that?

“Everything’s fine, sir. But I’ve gotta go. I have things to do.” I hung up and went to Jessica’s room.

Jessica was lying on the bed with her eyes closed and earphones in, listening to music. I locked the door and snuck over to her. She looks so peaceful when her eyes are closed.

Well, time to destroy that peacefulness.

I jumped on top of her and covered before she could scream. Her eyes went completely wide and I couldn’t help but laugh. Hyoyeon was laughing through the earpiece with me. I took my hand off of and she threw me off of her.

“What the hell, Kim Taeyeon!” She yelled at the still laughing me.

“Oh my god, you should have seen the look on your face! Hyoyeon is even laughing!”

“Well you guys have a sick humor. That is not funny! I thought someone had snuck in!” She turned away from me.

“Oh, come on, Sica-ah. I just wanted to surprise you.” I wrapped my arm around her and kissed her cheek.

“Don’t touch me.” She brushed my arm off.

“Someone’s in trouble.” Hyoyeon said.

I put my arm around her again. “I’m sorry babe. But you gotta admit it was kind of funny.”

“Bug off, Kim.” She pushed me off again.

“I can see you want to laugh, Sicachu.”

“I said bug off. I have no desire to laugh at your stupid prank.”

I wrapped my arm around her again, only this time I started tickling her.

“YAH! WHAT THE HELL, KIM TAEYEON! GET OFF ME!” She cried out in forced laughter. I climbed back on top of her to get a better grip on the sides of her stomach. She smacked and kicked me as she laughed uncontrollably.

“I’ll stop when you forgive—“

“Okay, okay! You’re forgiven! Stop!” I stopped tickling her, but did not get off of her. She calmed from her hysteric laughter. “Not really.” She smiled and pulled me down by my shirt collar, kissing me.

I was lost in her as our kisses grew with passion until—

“Warn me next time before I have to witness this again. I’ll leave you two to your gayness.”

I pulled away chuckling and Jessica looked up at me cutely. “So what did you come in here for?” she asked.

“What? Can I not come in and see my girl?”

“You girl? Hmmm.. I like the sound of that." She smiled up at me. "But no. Not unless it’s for a reason.” She said, teasingly.

“Oh. Fine, I guess I’ll just go then.” I got up from the bed slowly.

“Please do. I have better things to do.” She said, uninterested.

“As do I, Sooyeon.” I walked towards the door. I slowly reached for the doorknob.

“Don’t you dare, Kim Taeyeon.” I heard behind me.

I grabbed the doorknob.

“You open that door and you’re not allowed to touch me ever again.” She threatened.

I stood there with my hand on the door for a few seconds. I looked back at her. “Is that supposed to make me let go?” I asked with an evil smile.

“Get your back over here.” She ordered. Her tone made me let go immediately and I hopped onto the bed beside her. She put her arm around my waist and rested her head on my chest.

“So I actually did come here for a reason.” I said, her hair.

“See? I told you.”

“I just wanted to tell you, we might be getting closer to finding one of those guys.”

She lifted her head from my chest and looked at me. “Seriously?”

“Yep.” I told her what the chief told us.

“This is good.” She said. “Maybe catching one guy will help you get the rest. Maybe he’ll tell you where they are.”

“Maybe. We just have to find him first.”

She put her head back on my chest and we stayed like that for good amount of time, comfortable in each other’s arms. It felt so right to have this girl in my embrace, but no matter how much I tried, I couldn’t ignore the guilt in my chest.

“I called out your name.” Jessica suddenly said.

“Huh?” I was confused by the statment.

“The day Taecyeon came here. He was kissing me and I said your name instead of his. That’s why he was like that when you came in.”

I thought about that for a second before I started laughing. She looked up at me with her eyes narrowed at me, ready to scold me for laughing. Her expression smoothened and she laughed with me.

Somehow, we went from laughing, to her straddling me as we kissed. She pulled my shirt off and ran her fingers down my stomach. One of her fingers slides over the scar on my ribs and she stopped, looking down at it.

“What is this? What happened?” She asked, curiously.

I hesitated for a little bit before regaining my thoughts. “It’s just a scar. Everyone has scars.” I smiled and kissed her lips gently, hoping to stray away from that topic.

I succeeded and she deepened the kiss. I reached for her pants buttons, but she stopped me. “It’s my turn, remember?” She said in a y voice before reaching for my jeans button.

 

 


Jessica's birthday is coming up! Another drunk chapter?? I think yes! Those are fun to write for me XD

Give me some feedback lovelies <3