One Less Problem and One More

Hate to Protect, Protect for Love

Jessica's POV

*ring ring*

Who would dare call me so early in the morning?? I ignored it.

*ring ring*

Whoever it was must really want to talk to me. I rolled around in my bed to answer my phone.

"Hmmmg?"

"What is this I hear about you and Taecyeon?"

I bolted up in my bed. "Daddy?"

"Yes, Sooyeon. Explain to me what is going on. I was told he was sent to the hospital after one of the officers with you took their frustrations out on him?"

"What? Took their frustrations out on him? Who even says that? Who told you that?" I asked. "Why would you wake me up this early for this?"

"It is the afternoon already, Sooyeon. Taecyeon informed me that Officer Kim Taeyeon layed her hands on him both times you were together. I will not have this kind of—"

"Dad! He was hurting me both times. That is the only reason she did that. It's her job to protect me from anything and everything, right? He was slamming me into the wall the first time, and he slapped me the second time. She was protecting me."

There was a long pause before he finally spoke again. "He told me something different... I.. I did not know.."

"It's okay, daddy.. You didn't know. It's not your fault.. But please don't make me go back to him.."

Another long pause. "So this Kim Taeyeon girl.. She is good at what she does?"

"Yes, daddy. She is. She's hardworking and trustworthy. I feel safe with her around." I smiled at the thought of her. "She's really dedicated to her job and put all of her attention toward me. I mean us. She's great."

"Right... Well just remember that this is only temporary. You are her work. When they find the culprits, you will be coming back here and all will be over. Keep it professional."

"I've got it, dad. I know. I'm gonna go now. I have to dress."

I hung up and went to the shower.

 

Taeyeon's POV

"Come on, Baby Jung!! You !!" I exclaimed before laughing.

"Well show me how to do it!" She stomped her foot.

I stood only inches away from Krystal, close enough to smell her mango scented body wash. She sure does love mangos. "Ready?" I asked. She reached up to grab my shirt collar, but I grabbed her wrist before she could. I swepted my leg across hers, throwing her to the ground. However, she grabbed my shirt with her other hand by reflex and pulled me down on the grass with her.

"Taeyeonie I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!!" Krystal said through laughter.

I laughed with her as we layed on the ground beside each other. "No one has really pulled me down with them before. Good job, Jung."

"Well I will take that as a compliment." She said, smiling at me. She rolled into a position where she could lay her head on my stomach and we looked up at the clouds. "You have a brother and sister, right?"

I nodded, closing my eyes and soaking in the sun from my back yard. "Yeah. An oppa and younger sister. She's actually close to your age."

"Oh really? What are they like?"

I rested my hand on Krystal's stomach and she played with my fingers. "Well, my brother and I were very close to each other since I can even remember. We're always teasing each other like you and Jessica do. My sister.. Well, we weren't as close as my brother and I.. And when I sent her to live with my brother, I regreted it. I miss her a lot, but we've grown closer a lot more now. But whenever I think about it, I feel guilty. I regret sending her away. It got really lonely by myself in this house."

"Do we get to meet them?" she asked.

"Uh... Well, uhm..   I-I don't know.. Maybe." I stuttered.

"Look at that cloud." Krystal pointed up at the sky. "It looks like a dragon skating into an oven."

I looked up and smiled at her imagination. "You remind me of her, you know.." I said. "Of my sister."

"She must be awesome then."

I nudged her and chuckled. "She is, Baby Jung. She is." I her hair with my free hand.

"Uhmm.." We looked to the back door to find Jessica standing there staring at us. "Am I interrupting?"

The look on her face showed annoyance. I looked down at Krystal laying on my stomach, one of my hands in her hand, the other in her hair. This must look pretty bad. I pull myself into a sitting position.

"Yah!" Krystal said as she rolled off of me.

"So dad called." She said, ignoring me completely. "He was upset about me and Taecyeon breaking up. But I told him about it and he let it go."

"Really? That easily?" Krystal asked.

"Yep. But he was asking about Taeyeon a lot. It was weird.."

"Bingo!" Hyoyeon's voice came through the earpiece.

"Bingo? What do yo—"

"I found him!" she cried out.

"Who?"

"Kim Heechul! I found him! Damn I'm good at my job!"

"What?? Where is he??" Sooyoung asked.

"Hold on, let me call back up. We're going in as soon as possible. We can't miss this guy again! Get ready, Taeng."

I ran into the house to get ready, leaving the sisters in a confused state outside.

~~~~~

We were all parked in front of the apartment in which Hyoyeon had tracked Kim Heechul. It was me, Hyoyeon and five other police officers. Sooyoung was sent to stay with Jessica and Krystal at the house whilst Seohyun watched the cameras. We were waiting for the right time to take the guy down.

"Alright," I said through the walkie talkie in my car to the rest of the men. "Let's get this guy."

We all exited our cars and quietly went into the building. Hyoyeon and I climbed up the stairs, three guys went up the elevator, and two other guys stayed outside by the fire escape.

"Finally, we've got some action!" Hyoyeon said excitedly as we went up the stairs.

"Oh my god I know! About time!" I said back.

"Make sure not to twist your ankle this time, klutz."

"Dammit, Hyo. You just had to mention that didn't you?" I chuckled. "Well this time, I won't get hurt."

We met the other three guys at the door of the room Heechul was suposedly in.

"Ready?" One of the guys said. We nodded.

"One, two, three." Another guy said.

Hyoyeon kicked the door off its henges and we filed into the room, guns raised. In the room was a man on the couch. When we barged in, he stood up in alert.

"HANDS WHERE WE CAN SEE THEM!" one of the officers yelled.

He ignored him. He looked each of us down, but stopped once he saw me. A smile creeped onto his face, sending chills down my spine.

"You think we don't know who you are, Kim Taeyeon?" He said as his smile grew bigger with mischief.

"PUT YOU'RE HANDS UP!" I yelled.

"If you expect me to do that, we'll be here for a while. But hey, I get to see your pretty little face."

"If you stay down there, then we'll be here for a while. But I'm not complaining. I'll get to see your pretty little face longer."

He's the guy from the rooftop..

Before I could say anything back, he raised his hand. Not in surrender, however. In his hand was a pistol. Before any of us could process this, he aimed his gun and fired.

*BANG*

I felt the impact of the bullet on my stomach as I stumbled backyards. I shot back at him, along with Hyoyeon and the rest of the officers.

", man.." I mumbled. I looked down at my stomach.

"You okay, Taeng?" Sooyoung asked.

"Didn't you say you weren't going to get hurt this time, Shorty?" Hyoyeon said, amused.

"This doesn't even count as getting hurt." I said as I took off my jacket, revealing my bullet proof vest. "No matter how many times it happens, that is hard to get used to." Hyoyeon chuckled. "Don't tell Jessica about this."

One of the other officers checked the pulse of the man that shot me, now lying on the floor. "Looks like we lost our only lead."

"Dammit." Hyoyeon said.

We called the chief and informed him the situation before heading back to the office to do some paperwork.

"On the bright side, there's one less guy we have to worry about." Hyoyeon said, tossing the tennis ball at me.

"Yeah. But now we're back in the same place we were since the beginning." I tossed the ball back.

"We'll get them sooner or later. Don't fret, cupcake." Hyoyeon said as she spun around in her chair.

"What a bastard" I said, pulling my shirt up a little, revealing a bruise from where the bullet hit my vest. "Can't believe he tried to kill me after calling me pretty."

"Sounds like a date I went on once."

 

 


I know this chapter is kinda short.. I'm sorry DX I work at a Halloween and well.. it's almost Halloween. So I'm ALWAYS busy at work. Unfortunately there was no Taengsic in this chapter. But there was KrysTae! A lot of you guys have been asking for an action chapter and though this isn't much, here ya go!! I hope I didn't worry you in the few seconds where I made it sound like Taeyeon was really shot. XD