Amber

Hate to Protect, Protect for Love

Jessica’s POV

“Unnie, look at this! You would look good in this!” Krystal said, grabbing a pair of sky blue shorts.

“Omo, I love it!” I took them from her and flung then over my arm.

We were at the mall; finally, we were out doing something. Thank goodness for the weekend. Taeyeon was following me and Krystal around like a lost puppy as we shopped around just about every single clothing store. She looked so cute with that expression on her face, like she was zoning out and walking around absentmindedly. We hadn’t spoken about yesterday’s auditorium almost-kiss, and I don’t think we will. But on the bright side, she wasn't avoiding me and she wasn't keeping her distance. Every time I think about how close we were to kissing, I get butterflies in my stomach and I love it.

“What about this, Krys?” I pulled out a black blouse from a rack and tossed it to Krystal.

“Oh, I love it!” We may be sisters and we may be really close, but our fashion senses are a bit different. I like to wear things like dresses and skirts and more feminine colored clothes like pastels. Krystal prefers a simpler style, like skinny jeans and darker clothes.

“Isn’t this enough clothes for you guys?” Taeyeon groaned. Right now, if you put the clothes that Krystal and I were going to be trying on from this store together, you’d get Mount Everest. Let’s just say we love shopping.

“Ya, Kim Taeyeon,” I said. “There’s no such thing. But I guess we can just try these on now. I told you to get stuff for yourself too! I’ll pay for it.”

“I don’t need you to pay for my clothes, Jung” she said, sticking her tongue out at me. “And I can’t shop with you when I have to be on lookout.”

“You think someone’s going to come into the store and shoot us down right here?” I asked sarcastically.

She bopped me on the head with her knuckles. “Ya, don’t say something like that as a joke!”

“Well at least try one thing on!”

“I can’t. Maybe when this is all over, you guys can drag me back and we’ll actually shop together.” She said.

“You’re saying you want to see me more when I’m not your job anymore?” I couldn’t hide the happiness in my voice.

“No. I meant Baby Jung can take me. You can tag along if you want, though.”

“Hmph.” I gave her a dirty look before turning away and walking to the dressing room.

After every try on, Krystal and I would get out of our rooms to look at each other and decide whether to get it or not.

“What do you think?” I asked Taeyeon one time after putting on a light blue polka dot dress.

“Loooooove it.” She said, exaggerating. “It fits perfectly. They must have known you were going to come in and want to try on something like this when they made it. It’s y, cute, and gorgeous all in one.” She gave her fingers a kiss as though she was an artist looking at a masterpiece. “Now how much is left?” she finished with lack of interest.

“You’re an !” I yelled, smacking her. “I’m serious!”

“Me too!” she cried. “It really does look good. Are you almost done?”

“Ugh. I am actually. This is my last item.” I spun around in front of her.

“Well, I love it. It looks amazing on you, as does everything else. Get it.”

I changed back into my clothes and met Krystal and Taeyeon at the register as Krystal paid for her things.

“Soooooo,” Taeyeon sang. “Is this it? Because I’m hungry and I want to go to the food court.”

“Food sounds good!” Krystal agreed. “Unnie?”

“Yeah, we can eat.” I said. I paid for my stuff and we made our way to the food court. After getting our food, we sat at a table to eat. Taeyeon was bobbing her head around and smiling as though listening to music.

“You have been in such a good mood today, Kim Taeyeon.” I said. “Why?”

“Hmm?” She looked up at me. “What? Am I not allowed to be happy?”

“It’s just weird! You’re in an awfully good mood today for some reason.”

“Well, we haven’t been out of the house except for going to your school in forever. It feels good!” She exclaimed.

“Krystal?” Someone said behind us. I turned around to see Amber, my sister’s friend. One could mistaken her as a boy if they didn’t know her. She has brown hair with blonde highlights in a pixie cut style and always wears guy clothes. When I first met her, I thought she was a guy until I accidently called her one and she corrected me. I was severely embarrassed, but she said it didn't bother her.

“Amber!” Krystal cried out, a smile growing on her face. She pulled out the seat beside her, indicating for Amber to sit. “What are you doing here?”

“I just got here to get a new hat and I saw you.”

Krystal took Amber’s hat off of her head and placed it on her own. “New hat? Then you won’t miss this one!” She pulled her phone out and started taking selcas.

“Nope. Hey, Jessica unnie.” Amber said. She noticed Taeyeon beside me. “You must be Taeyeon?”

“That’s right. Nice to meet you. Are you that friend Krystal claims to have that I’ve never met?” She asked.

“Yes, Unnie.” Krystal said. “This is Amber.”

“Nice to meet you.” Amber said bowing her head at Taeyeon.

Krystal and Amber talked to each other about things I did not care about, so I tuned them out.

“So when are we going to start practice for the talent show, Princess?” Amber asked Krystal, catching my attention.

“Talent show?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yeah! Krystal is such a good singer, you know? Have you heard her sing before?” Amber asked.

“I haven’t. I saw this one sing yesterday,” She pointed to me. “But I haven’t seen Krystal yet.”

“You should. I love listening to her sing. I’m jealous of how good she is at everything.” Amber said.

“Don’t say that!” Krystal bumped Amber with her shoulder. “You’re a really good singer too!”

“Not like you.”

“I swear,” Krystal said to us. “Amber is like my biggest fan.”

Amber and Taeyeon chuckled.

“Well, we have a talent show at school. It’s a big thing everyone attends. Krystal, Luna, and I are going to be in it.” Amber said.

“Luna is another one of my friends.” Krystal told Taeyeon. “Sulli would be great to join us, but she’s too shy. And Amber wrote and composed the song we’re going to be singing.” She looked back at Amber, bumping her again. “That’s something I can’t do. The song is absolutely amazing and I can’t wait to sing it in front of everyone.”

“Haha. Well I should probably go now. I gotta be somewhere after this. It was nice seeing you again, Jessica unnie. And nice meeting you, Taeyeon.” Amber said.

“Come on by the house whenever you want, Amber.” Taeyeon said with a sly smile. “Really, it’d be nice to see Krystal doing something with someone else.”

“Of course. Whenever Krystal wants me to, I will. Bye Princess.” She gave Krystal a cheeky smile before leaving.

Once out of sight, Taeyeon spoke up. “Someone has a crush on Krystal.” She said with a smirk.

“Who? Amber??” Krystal asked.

“Yep. It’s so obvious. She gave you that look I used to give Sooyoung when I had a crush on her years ago.”

“You liked Sooyoung??” I cried out before I could think enough to hold back.

"Yep. A long time ago—“ she paused. “You wish, Soo. I gave you a chance in high school and you turned me down. You lost your chance!"

“You really think she likes me?” Krystal asked.

“I don’t think she does. I know she does. That look she had when she was looking at you is the look every lesbian has when they fall for a straight girl they don’t have a chance with.”

Krystal didn’t say anything back. Instead her eyes shifted from me to Taeyeon and back at me.

"I know what look you mean." She said before looking back at her plate with a stupid smile.

 

 


We finally get to meet one of Krystal's friends!! And they are crushing hard on Krystal! XD Who here ships KryBer? I chose the Electric Shock hair era for Amber because it's my favorite hair color for her.

This chapter isn't much about Taeyeon and Jessica's relationship. It's more just introducing Amber and giving the girls a relax day where they're out and about in public.

Also! I'm going to be starting a new story quite soon (Taengsic of course)! It's gonna be pretty different from the usual Taengsic stories, but it's something I have a huge a passion for and I'm actually very excited to write it. Hopefully I don't kill it (pun intended). Well, kill is used positively nowadays, so hopefully I do kill it? (pun still intended) Anyway, check out Up In Smoke!! (name subject to change because I've already changed it like twice). The first chapter should be up soon! Either later this week or next week! Updates for it won't be as frequent as this one though. I didn't prepare this story and plot as harcore as I did this, where I have my chapter ideas layed out in drafts. I only have the main parts in my head for this new one. So check it out!!!

Love you guys <3