Birthday Jung

Hate to Protect, Protect for Love

Taeyeon’s POV

The next day, we were all outside. The guys were all playing water volleyball in the pool along with Amber, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Yuri, Yoona, and me in a couple of minutes. At the moment, however, I was sitting on one of the poolside chaise loungers with the other girls.

“Damn, Jess!” Sooyoung shouted from the pool, letting the volleyball land in the water. I looked up to see Jessica walking towards us.

I have seen all of her body already, but I have never seen her in a bikini until now. Now I can be forever happy.

“Close your mouth, Taeyeon.” Krystal said, pushing my chin up. “You’re drooling on me.”

Jessica sat beside me and handed me sunblock. “Put it on me for me?”

I obeyed and lathered it on her back. I leaned into her ear and whispered, “Jessica Jung, you are the iest thing I’ve seen in my whole life.”

“Is that right?” She said huskily, which made her all the more y.

“If there wasn’t anyone here right now, I’d—“

“Ew, guys. Go back into your room before you start talking dirty.” Krystal said, scooting away from us on the lounger.

I finished putting the lotion on her back and she finished with the rest of it.

“Now if you don’t mind, babe, I’m going to go play some water volleyball.” I got up and walked to the poolside.

“I think I want to play.” Jessica said right behind me.

I turned to her. “I didn’t think you liked sports.”

“I don’t. That’s my sister. I just want a better view of you playing.” She gave me a look over and smirked. “Because you, my dear, are the iest thing I’ve seen in my whole life.”

I gave her a sly smile. “Hmm, see, I can’t have someone that on my team, babe.” I looked at the people in the pool and my eyes locked onto Jonghyun, who was hopping his way towards us. More like hopping towards Jessica.

With that thought, I pulled Jessica in and locked my lips onto hers. I could hear cheering from both sides of us. I felt Jessica smile into the kiss as she kissed me back. We stood there attached by our mouths for a little longer until I felt her push me hard and the next thing I knew, I was in the water. I wiped the water from my face so I could look up at her. She was crouched down in front of me at the edge of the pool with a wicked smile.

“I don’t remember saying I wanted to be on your team, now did I?” She said. The people around us were laughing as Jessica blews a kiss at me and winked.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her into the water. The boys in the water cheered. I looked over at Jonghyun who moved back to his side of the net. He looked taken aback, which maked me laugh.

“You !” Jessica jumped on my back, wrapping her arms and legs around me and kissed my cheek.

I carried her to the side with Jonghyun, Sooyoung, Onew, Nichkhun, and Yoona. I joined my side with Hyoyeon, T.O.P, Amber, Yuri, and Seungri.

“Oh come on!” Nichkhun shouted. “All the athletic chicks are on that team! Jessica’s gonna be the downfall of this team!”

“Screw you, Nick!” Jessica yelled back at him.

“Jess won’t be your downfall!” Yuri said. “Look forward to Yoona doing that!”

“Kwon Yuri!” Yoona yelled.

“Your team has more guys, so it’s only fair!” Hyoyeon protested.

“Only by one!” Onew said.

“Princess, go join their team!” Amber said to the blonde sitting on the lounger watching.

“I’m good. Thanks though, not really.”

“BOO!!! No fun, Baby Jung!” I splashed water at her. Unfortunately, it didn’t reach.

“Maybe later.” She said, uninterested. I looked at Amber and she nodded to show she understood my look.

We started the game, and as expected, my team was winning. They may have more guys, but Yuri, Hyoyeon, and I together are unbeatable.

“This is so not fair!” Jessica complained as I danced from my last score. I got right up to the net, as does she.

“Life isn’t fair, babe.” I said before pecking her lips.

“Mhmm.” She gave me a dirty look that didn’t seem as dirty after I pecked her again. “Go back to your spot before I dunk your cute .” She said. I turned around, but she pulled me back into a rough kiss, making me dizzy.

“Someone throw a red flag!” Seungri shouted. “She’s sabotaging our team!” He said about Jessica.

She pulled away and looked at me. I guess she was satisfied with my look, because she laughed and walked away.

T.O.P pulled me away from the net. “Foul! You cannot take advantage of one of our homoual players!”

I got back to my spot in time to see Jessica high-five Onew and Sooyoung. “Yoona, your turn!” Jonghyun said, earning a laugh from his whole team and Yuri.

Seungri hopped over to me and shook me by the shoulders. “Are you good, Kim??” He asked in fake concern.

“Yes, sir!”

“Are you sure about that!?” He grabbed my face and looked deep into my eyes for something. “What’s your name, kid?”

“Kim Taeyeon, sir!” I answered as though it was a football game like the ones you see in movies after a player gets tackled down hard.

“I don’t know about this one, guys. She doesn’t look all in! That one over there,” he points at Jessica. “sure did a number on her.”

“Coach, lemme play! I can do this! Don’t pull me out!”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, coach!”

“Positive?!”

“Yes, coach!”

“Alright, Kim! You get back out there and prove it to us!”

He hopped back to his spot and the whole pool was laughing at what they just witnessed. It’s a usual thing for me and the boys, but it never gets old to watch.

“Jung Sooyeon, your lips are no match for my skills!” I shouted to her.

I looked over at Krystal. She was standing up now, talking to the rest of the girls. I motioned for Amber to do her thing. She climbed out of the pool and behind Krystal. She scooped her up bridal style and made her way to the pool’s edge.

“AMBER LIU DON’T YOU DARE! AMBER!”

“Sorry, Princess. The other team needs you!” She started swinging Krystal, getting ready to throw her as Krystal yelled profanities at her.

Once Krystal was in the water, the game began again. A few more rounds and it was over. Our team won still, though with the help of Krystal, who turned out to be quiet athletic, it was a close call. Only two points difference. The guys put the net away and I swam over to Jessica. Amber and Krystal were already messing around together, which was absolutely cute.

“Good game, babe.” I said to her.

She wrapped her arms around my neck. “Good game indeed. I even scored once!” I kissed her lips. “And I got to see you be all sporty. That was my favorite part.” She kissed me this time.

She looked past me. “I think you’re right about Amber liking Krystal.”

I looked behind me to see Krystal on Amber’s back as happy as ever in her laughing state.

“I am right. She told me so yesterday.”

“Really?” She furrowed her eyebrows a little, observing the two.

“Mhmm. And if you ask me, I think Krystal has a little crush on her as well.”

“I didn’t ask you.”

I looked back at her, confused by the tone she used. “Are you upset about that?” I asked. She didn’t reply. “Don’t be so hypocritical, Jess. What’s wrong with her liking Amber?”

“I didn’t say there was anything wrong with it. I just..” She trailed off.

“I get it. She’s your little sister. It’s different when it’s your family. But Amber seems sweet, and I think they’re kind of cute. Plus, girls are better.”

“You would say that, Taengoo. You’re gay.” She laughed.

“They are!” I leaned into her ear. “We’re better at things. We know what we like.”

“Yah! That’s not the right way to convince me about my sister and Amber!” She growled.

“I wasn’t talking about them anymore.” I purred into her ear.

She pushed my face away. “Down girl.” She looked back at her sister again. “I guess you’re right. They are kind of cute…”

“That’s my girl. Whatever or whoever makes her happy should be enough.” Jessica looked into my eyes.

“Just like how you make me happy. I never even thought I’d feel this way for another girl. But it feels.. Right.” I kissed her softly.

~~~~~

Later in the day, around 7:30, we had all washed up and were sitting in the living room. Earlier on, Jonghyun came over to me and apologized for trying to, and I quote, “mack on your girl”. I of course said it was nothing as long as he didn’t do it anymore.

But now we were all a few drinks in and the group was starting to get rowdy.

“Alright, we need to play a game to get this going faster!” Hyoyeon said. A few drinks in doesn’t mean anyone’s the least bit drunk. And that’s not up to Hyo’s standards. “I do not want to be the first one drunk, so we’re playing a drinking game!”

“Ooo!” Tiffany raised her hand like an excited school girl who knows the answer to the math question. “Let’s do Never Have I Ever!”

“What is that?” Seohyun asked. Her innocent mind would have no idea what that is.

“It’s when we all put up a number of fingers, let’s say ten,” Luna said. “and we go down the circle saying things we haven’t done. For example, you would say.. Never have I ever peed the bed after age five. And everyone who has done it will put a finger down and drink.”

“Seohyun? Are you going to drink??” Sooyoung asked in shock.

“Only a little.” She answered.

“Well Never Have I Ever sounds like fun!” Jonghyun said. “I’ll start.” Everyone grabbed a drink. “Never have I ever kissed a guy.”

Jessica, Yoona, Tiffany, Krystal, Sulli, Luna, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Sunny, and Seohyun all drink.

“You’ve never even kissed a guy?” Jessica asked, surprised.

“Nope. Never.” I looked in front of me in time to see T.O.P drink.

“WHAT??!!” Onew exclaimed. The group went crazy.

“I was drunk, man!” T.O.P defended. “It was at some college party and I was as drunk as hell!”

“And this is the first time we’ve heard of it??”

“I had no reason to announce it!”

“How was it?? Did you like it, bro?”

“I didn’t see anything wrong with it.” T.O.P shrugged, causing more hype from the circle. “But that doesn’t mean I liked it! I like chicks, man!”

The group calmed down and the game started again. “It already got interesting.” Tiffany said. “Okay, never have I ever caught food on fire while cooking.”

Jessica, Nichkhun, Onew, and Jonghyun drink. The game continued on with everyone drinking at least twice.

“I have never had with a guy.” I said on my second turn around. Luna, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Yoona, Tiffany, Sunny, and Jessica drink. I knew Jessica has, obviously, but that didn’t keep me from being a tad jealous. Why does she make me feel jealous so much when I never got jealous before??

I can tell Jessica was watching to see if Krystal would drink after she drank to the kissing one. Thank goodness she hasn’t or Hellsica would be unleashed.

Sunny is up next. “I’ve never been in love.”

Jessica, Amber, Yoona, Yuri, T.O.P, Sooyoung, Tiffany, Nichkhun, and Onew drink. I take a swig from my drink as well. Jessica looked at me, shocked.

“Hmm?” I asked. She doesn’t have time to speak because Yoona speaks up.

“I have never had .” She said.

Everyone looks around to see who will drink. I bring my drink close to my lips and the circle looks at me shocked to another level. Jessica was as wide-eyed as can be. I burst into laughter and put my drink down. “I’m just ing with you guys.” I said, and everyone sighed with relief, Jessica possibly the most.

“I was about to say!” Hyoyeon said. “And I didn’t know???! HAHAHA!”

“Take a shot, Yoona!” Sunny said.

“When you say something and no one has done it, then you have to drink, yourself. In this case, you have to take a shot.” Luna explained to Seohyun. “Same goes for when you run out of fingers.”

“I’m about to lose, man!” Yoona said, showing only two fingers left up.

“Twinning!” Sooyoung lifted her two fingers as well and they laughed together.

“I don’t like to be reminded of my girlfriend’s boy crazy days.” Yuri said, looking at Yoona’s fingers.

“I love you, baby.” Yoona kissed Yuri’s cheek.

“How do the two big players of the circle still have so many fingers up???” Sooyoung objected.

“Because we’ve never done anything with guys and these guys over here are only saying things to do with other guys. And then half of the girls here are gay and then there are girls like you—“

“YAH!” Sooyoung objected again.

“Who have had experiences with girls.” Yuri finished. “So don’t blame us!”

“Oh, I’m so gonna drop those fingers on Taeyeon’s hands.” Jonghyun said with an evil smile. I still had six fingers up.

“Never have I ever had my heart broken but an ex.” Yuri said.

I finished my drink along with a couple other people.

“Really?” Jessica looked at me. I nodded. “With who?”

“First loves .” I said. “She screwed me over real bad. And then I became a player.”

“That .” Sooyoung said. “I swear if I saw her again, I’d throw her into the Han River.”

I laughed at my amazing friend.

A couple more people and it was Jonghyun’s turn again. Oh god, what’s he gonna say? He knows so much from my player past.

“Never have I ever used a strap on.”

. I drank, along with Amber and Yuri.

“Wait, does it have to be on you or does it count if it’s—“

“In you?” Jonghyun finished for Yoona. Her face went red. “I’ll count that one too.”

Yonna drinks.

“Yoona is such a pillow queen!” Hyoyeon said, unable to contain her hysteria.

“I thought you said you didn’t need that kind of thing?” Jessica teased me.

“I don’t. But it’s always fun to use one.” I kissed her quickly. “Amber! Damn girl!” I looked over at her.

Amber blushed and I see Jessica tense up. I take her hand and rub my thumb in circular motions on the back of her hand.

“I’ve been in relationships before.” Is all she says.

“I’ve never had with a girl, how about that?” Tiffany said.

The obvious people drink: the guys, the lesbians, and Jessica. Yoona puts down her last finger and takes a shot.

“I’ve never called out the wrong person’s name during or or anything in between.” Hyoyeon said, staring straight at Jessica.

“Ow, low blow, Hyo.” I hid a laugh. Jessica gave Hyoyeon her best death stare before drinking. Sooyoung and Seungri drink as well.

“That’s cold hearted!” Luna said after laughing.

Jessica simply shrugged.

“I have never had a .” Sooyoung said, looking at me.

.

I chugged my whole drink down, along with Jonghyun and Yuri.

“OH MY GOD WHAT!” Krystal exclaimed. The whole place went wild again.

I couldn’t help but laugh. Jessica’s open-mouth stare at me was too hilarious.

“You don’t want to know, babe.” I said.

“Oh, but I do.” She said back.

“It was just with two other girls in college... a couple of times.”

Everyone was listening.

“I’m not the only one!” I pointed to Yuri. Yoona actually knows about a lot of her past though.

“We are talking about this stuff later.” Jessica sternly said.

The game went on for a while more, with them taking me out the same time as Yuri; after Jessica, but before Jonghyun, surprisingly. There was no hope for Sooyoung whatsoever.

Sooyoung went out with “I’ve never been past first base with anyone in the room,” which, I am proud to say was because of me. Jessica once again was checking to see if Krystal drank for that, which she didn’t. She did the same thing for “Never have I ever kissed a girl,” which Krystal didn’t drink to either. But Tiffany did, which was hilariously not surprising.

The game ended with Seohyun winning and at that point, most everyone was past drunk. Music was blasting, most of us were dancing. Hyoyeon was with T.O.P; Sooyoung was dancing with Luna; Sulli was doing some weird drunken dance with Onew; Nichkhun was of course with Tiffany; Yuri and Yoona; Sunny was just dancing with Seungri, but now she was with Seohyun and Seo is actually decently intoxicated which is very surprising since she doesn’t usually succumb to our peer pressure.

Krystal was dancing pretty intimately with Amber, which caused an extremely drunk Jessica to complain about earlier. Amber wasn’t the one doing the intimate dancing; Krystal was. I figured Amber was definitely not going to do anything she’d regret. Her conscience has too much of a hold on her, which is good. But that still didn’t stop Jessica from complaining to me about it.

“I don’wanna see mah shister dancing like dhat wif someone! She’s my lil’ shister, dammit!”

I put my arms around her. “Bae, she’s juss danc-dancing. Don’ freakout. Amber is bein a good girl. Is not like you walked in on their .” I remind her of yesterday.

She covered and giggled at that memory. I can’t help to laugh at how cute she was acting. I’m not that drunk. I’m still in my right mind and I can think clearly.

Now she wasn't paying much attention to Krystal and Amber as she danced with me. I kept an eye on her little sister, just in case. It's still my job to watch over them, though now it’s less of a job for me as it is instinct.

Sooyoung popped up beside me. “TAETAE! C-come.. drinkwifus!” She mumbled. She pointed over at where everyone was by the table. They each had a shot in their hand. Sooyoung dragged me toward them and I pulled Jessica with me.

“Cheers!” Hyoyeon said. “To Jeshca’s birfday! Happy birfday, Icey Princess!”

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PRINCESS!” We repeated before taking our shots.

An hour after that, Jonghyun was passed out on the couch. Soo, Sulli, Nichkhun, Hyo, and T.O.P and a couple other people I didn’t see have already drawn on his face. Now, there was a on his cheek, what would seem to be drool but was probably something else was drawn dripping from his mouth, his whole left eye was colored in black as though he was punched in the face, and a couple other things are on his face and body. Someone took his shirt off and drew a fetus on his stomach, which was the best thing I’ve ever seen drawn on the first person to pass out.

Seungri was dancing with Krystal now and Amber was with Sulli.

“Am!” Sulli said to Amber. “Youarethebeeeest hy-hyung evvver.” She said, stumbling.

Hyoyeon was trot dancing around the house now, which is still not a surprise. Nothing is ever a surprise when it comes from Hyo.

Everyone was having a blast. The atmosphere was great in here and everyone was comfortable with each other even though it was our first time meeting a lot of people here.

I looked around again. Jessica was with Tiffany and Nichkhun was with Onew. Yoona was crazy dancing with Hyoyeon and Sooyoung and T.O.P. I saw Seohyun lead Sunny to the bathroom, my guess is so she can throw up. Yuri was with me, and Amber was still with Sulli, only Luna had joined them now. Seungri and Krystal were dancing together again.

I looked at them longer, trying to clear my blurry vision. I know how Seungri is when he’s too drunk to remember anything the day after, and I didn’t trust him with Krystal. Seungri’s hands are a little too low for my liking. He whispered in her ear and grabbed her hand, pulling her away from the living room and toward the back door.

With that, my mind sobered up like it usually did when I saw something bad going on. I followed them outside and before Seungri can do anything that would cause me to bring him to his knees, I grabbed Krystal’s free hand.

She looked down at me and smiled. “Taeyeonieeee!” She pulled her other hand away from Seungri and jumped on me in a bear hug. “I ha-haven’t gottin tuh dance with you tonight! I wanna dance wif my girkfren! Uh waitwaitwait—dance wif my sister’s girlfrien. Haha not my girkfriend! I don’ hab a gurlfrien! ‘M so stoooooopid!” She giggled. The smell of alcohol pierced my senses. No more alcohol for her tonight.

“Alright, Baby Jung.” I said. “We can dance in a sec.” I looked up at Seungri, trying to focus on his face. His mouth was slightly open is a lost child. “I know y-you are too drunk tuh know so I won’ kick your but stay away from Krys gotit?” I lead Krystal inside.

Jessica spotted us walking in and she stormed up to us. “Whatsgoingon???” She looked between the two of us.

“Chill sis.” Krystal said, her arm around me. “I juss wanna dance wif your laaaaaady.” She poked Jessica’s nose and giggled.

Jessica noticeably tried to hide a giggle as well. These two are so weird. “Taengoo areya ch-ch-ch..” She paused and recollected her words. “Cheating on me wif my shister??”

“Ewwie! U-un-unnie don’ be redikulus!” Krystal laughed loudly. “Ijusswannadance!” She pulled me away from Jessica and into the living room to dance.

~~~~~

Late in the night, around 2AM, the guys, except for T.O.P, are all passed out, along with Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Sunny, Luna and Sulli. Amber was holding a half-conscious Krystal up to keep her weak, drunken legs from collapsing underneath her.

Seohyun was trying to wake up Sunny to bring her upstairs to their room. Tiffany wakes up Nichkhun and he stumbled up the stairs with her. I was right behind them with Jessica leaning onto me. I set her gently onto the bed and layed her down. I turned back to help the rest of the girls into their room when Jessica grabbed hold of my hand.

“Come‘ere, Taengoo.” She mumbled with her eyes closed. I leaned in and kissed her lips. She smiled against me and her hand goes limp. Quiet snores are heard, telling me she was sound asleep. I went back downstairs and help the others up to their rooms. In the hallway upstairs, Amber was still guiding Krystal to their room. I put Sooyoung in her bed and assisted Amber.

“Geez, she’s putting all of her weight on me.”

I chuckled and took Krystal’s other side. Amber wasn’t kidding. It was as though she took her feet entirely off the floor. Normally she wouldn’t be heavy, since she weighs so little; but it’s harder when we’re still dizzy and weak from drinking so much.

We set her on the bed and I looked up at Amber. “Take care of her tonight. No funny business. I trust you.” I patted her shoulder and walked out.

I went back to my room. Tiffany and Nichkhun were making out on the bed and I immediately turned around and walk out. Not my room..

I opened the door next to theirs. Jessica was lying peacefully in bed. I climbed in beside her. She scooted into me and wrapped her arm around me, nuzzling her face into the nape of my neck.

“Mmm.. I smell vanilla..” she mumbled, inhaling my scent. Her warm breath against my neck made me shiver. I rolled onto my side to face her. Our faces were now less than an inch apart. She smiled and pecked my lips. “I lob' vanilla.”

She rolled onto her other side and I scooted in closer until we were spooning. I wrapped my arm around her and she took my hand into her chest. Her hair covered my face and I breathed in her strawberry scent. “I love strawberries.” I said before drifting off to sleep.

 

 


I feel like this is my longest chapter. It took forever to write and then another forever to back and edit.. I just really wanted to put in a bunch of things, like the Never Have I Ever game (which is my favorite drinking game), and the pool game, and just a lot of things to make everyone more normal and not just from a drama, you know? I liked imagining it as one of the times I have parties with my friends :D

I hope you could imagine them having a blast too and you liked the chapter! It took a bunch of energy from me XD

 

Sorry for the late update. I'm in Florida visiting my sister her husband and my new baby nephew!! I don't have a computer or internet here so it was very hard to get this up.

Tell me what you think and thank you guys!