Welcome Home

Hate to Protect, Protect for Love

Taeyeon's POV

“So you guys are going to be moving into my place. It’s honestly the best place I can think of. It’s safe.” I told them.

“It’ll be even safer after today.” Hyoyeon added.

They didn’t say anything. We were on the way to my house now from the hospital. The girls in the back had been quiet the whole way.

“Taeyeon over here is gonna be like a butler—"

What?” I said to her, giving her a If-You-Call-Me-That-Again-I’m-Gonna-Kick-Your- look. She ignored me.

“Yep! She’ll cook and clean and even read you to sleep if you need.” She continued. “Though she looks like she’s the one that should be read to sleep!” she finished with aegyo, reaching out to pinch my cheek.

I smacked her hand away har. “YAH! I’m going to kill you when we get out of this car!”

That earned a shy giggle from the blonde in the back seat.

Hyoyeon rubbed her already reddening hand. “If she does something like that to you,” she looked to the back. “Just tell me and I’ll set her straight.” She looked back at me. “Haha, get it?”

Oh my god. Did she really just say that?

“Shut up, Kim.” I gave her another threatening look.

This time she backed off. At least from where that conversation was leading. “But you won’t have to tell me. I’ll probably see it.” She looked back and gave her brightest smile to them.

“I wonder if Sooyoung is there yet..” I mumbled.

The rest of the ride was filled with Hyoyeon talking.

 

Jessica's POV

The blonde officer talked nonstop since getting in the car. No one spoke back to her so you could almost say she was talking to herself. But she was addressing the conversation to me and Krystal and sometimes the other officer. It made me feel more comfortable. It made me feel like I was in good hands. I could tell Krystal was thinking the same thing because she relaxed a bit from her tense posture.

“We’re here!” the blonde jumped in her seat.

Is she always like this?

I looked out the window and saw a gate.

Okay, so it’s a gated neighborhood. That’s really good. Safe.

We drove through the gate and passed a few houses.

This isn’t bad, actually.

The houses all looked similar, but not identical. They each had their own little unique something. One house had a cute little puppy sculpture standing on its hind legs holding a sign in its mouth that said "Welcome". Another house was painted all pink. Tiffany would freak out if she saw it.

We pulled into a driveway and the driver turned the engine off. I looked up.

Wow.

This house was different from the others. The house’s structure was the same as the others; two stories, a front porch, a medium sized front yard; but instead of a white picket fence like some of the other houses had, this one had a tallish metal gate. Tall enough that if you were going to break in, you would have to climb it, but I wouldn’t suggest doing that because the top of the fence was spiked.

*Authors note: by pointed fence I mean something like this http://www.gatesqueens.com/js/js/documents/image12.jpg 

I at descriptions sooooo lol*

 

I got out of the car and took a better look. The gate door leading to the front porch looked like you needed a passcode to open it.

That’s security for you.

The house was really pretty. It was white with light blue shudders and a light blue door. The front gate said “stay away”, while the house itself said “come inside”.

“Welcome to your new home, ladies.” The blonde girl said, spreading her arms wide and spinning around like a child.

“Don’t worry about me, Hyo. I’ll get these by myself.” The strawberry blonde girl said, sarcasm streaked through her words, while she pulled a luggage out from the trunk of the car.

Dad told us we were leaving as soon as he woke up in the morning so we had to pack as many necessities as we could and take it all to the hospital. That was two suitcases for each of us.

“Okay, good! I’ll show the ladies around!” the blonde said and continued walking.

I walked toward the short strawberry blonde and took one of the luggage. I looked at Krystal, signaling for her to grab one. She complied and took one and we followed the blonde to the front door.

“It’s locked, smartass,” The shorter one said. “this isn’t your house.” The shorter girl unlocked the front door and we shuffled in.

The inside of the house was very cozy looking. It looked like the exterior of the house and not the gate. The living room was on the left side with a flat screen medium sized TV in the corner and a pale blue couch and love seat forming an L together. A tall bookcase was against the front wall beside the window. A fireplace was beside the TV and a beautiful painting of a cherry blossom was hanging above it. The kitchen and dining room were on the right side with stairs leading to the second floor in between the kitchen and living room. The kitchen looked really clean and organized. Not a single pot misplaced or a dirty dish in the sink. The dining room consisted of a table for four, maybe six if you squeeze in. This is the type of house I imagined myself living in. Like a modern family from America.

“This is the first floor, obviously,” The blonde said in front of us, turning around to face us. “To the left, you will find the living room where you will do things such as watch TV, read a book or two, or have family game night.” She was using the kind of voice a tour guide would use in a historic building.

I’m finding this blonde officer to be a real tension reliever.

Krystal smiled and giggled shyly.

So is Krystal, I see.

I grabbed her hand.

“And to the right you will see we have a kitchen where you will receive the most exquisite peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and ramen from Chef Taeng.”

“Yah! I can cook more than that! I just don’t feel like it since I’m always alone.” The short girl stuck her tongue out and sat on the arm of the couch to face us.

“Okay, okay. You might also be able to try her famous spicy wings and sesame chicken. If that actually happens,” she turned her head to the shorter girl. “then be sure to call me up, because she rarely ever makes them and never invites me over when she does.” The said girl shrugged her shoulders.

“Alright, time for the second floor!” the blonde skipped toward the stairs.

“Okay, so here we are!” the blonde girl said. We were upstairs now and she was still using her tour guide voice to show us around. “So down here we have our lovely midget homeowner’s room. She might not let you in her room ever, so let’s take a look at it now before she comes up.” She half whispered.

She slowly started opening the door when the said “midget homeowner” came from nowhere and closed the door back before we got a look.

“How about no.” she glared at the taller girl who had an amused expression.

The short girl sighed and rolled her eyes. “Okay, so this is my room. Your bathroom is right there. It’s all yours; I have my own in my room. There are two extra rooms so you have the choice of sleeping in one room or if you prefer more privacy you can each take one. They’re down this way.” She lead us away from her room and down the hall to two doors. “So take your pick on whichever room you want and I’ll bring your bags up for you.”

Krystal and I took a look inside one of the rooms. It’s a pretty good size. A double bed was in the middle of the room against the wall and a dresser in front of it. Other than that, there was a nightstand on either side of the bed and that was about it. The walls were a plain white and the window was covered with a tan curtain.

We looked into the other room to find it noticeably smaller with a twin bed, a dresser, and a desk. The walls were a light orange and a large poster of a half- model was on one wall.

“Yeah.. This used to be my brother’s room…” the girl said, nervously scratching the back of her neck. “just take that poster down if you choose this room.”

“I think for now we’re going to room together..” I said. “We’ll take that one.” I pointed at the larger room.

She nodded before going downstairs and coming back up with two of the luggage, repeating that with the next two and taking them into the room.

We were all standing in the room my sister and I claimed when we heard the front door open. The two officers looked at each other and stood up in alert.

 

 


It's not Friday yet here, but I thought because of the tragic Ladies Code news, I would put up a chapter every day until good news comes out about RiSe. Or just until this week is over. We need something to distract ourselves with. At least I do, or else I'll spend the days crying.. :/ I hope you guys are okay with this change for a while.

Once again, sorry for mistakes if there are any. I need to read through it, but I have to go to work right now.

This chapter is shorter than the other ones I think.. This chapter and the last chapter were originally all one chapter, but I cut them into two instead so that it wasn't so long, but this one ended up being shorter than I wanted. I'm hoping to make my chapters 2000-2500 words with some longer one here and there. But I don't want to make really short ones. 1500 words in a chapter isn't too bad either, though, I guess. :)

This was sort of a filler chapter. I might have quiet a few of these kinds of chapters and I apologize in advance for that. I'm hoping to make this story pretty long, because I love reading long fanfics. Hyoyeon is definitely a mood lifter, always cracking jokes and easing tension. I like writing her into the story.

But anyway, tell me what you thought of this chapter! Thank you guys for reading! Bunches of love <3