Dinner and Gym

Hate to Protect, Protect for Love

Taeyeon's POV

A week until the 2NE1 concert and I was so excited. The first week felt like months. Work had been slow, home had been torturous. There was really nothing to do to make the time go by faster.

I was lying in bed right throwing that stupid tennis ball again. I wish I had a dog or something to keep me company. Living alone is nice at first, but after a while it gets lonely. I looked at the clock on the nightstand. 5:50PM.

I should probably get ready for my workout..

I used to hate working out. It wasn’t my thing. I may be an officer and you have to be physically capable of taking someone down, but I have a gun for a reason. Early last year however, the boss man told me I should start taking fighting classes or something since my size would make it more difficult for me to take down a big guy.

I’m one of the shortest girls in the industry here, so they all figured I’d have the hardest time with the physical work. They were wrong. I started taking kickboxing and mixed martial arts classes and I was a natural. Everyone at work was talking about it and one day they all thought it’d be fun to have a little game of MMA. My turn came up and I managed to take down some of the big guys we work with. It was something everyone talked about for months.

I had been enjoying my workouts a lot more, though. I guess because I hadn’t had much work to do with only taking care of two families, I’d been using it as a way to waste time.

All I had been thinking about was that concert. 2NE1 is one of my favorite groups and I’ve had the biggest crush on CL since I can remember.

 

“What do you expect to happen?” Hyoyeon asked earlier this week. “You think she’s gonna spot you out of all the people in the stadium and personally call you to the back so you two can have y time, Byuntaeng?” she shimmied on me before I pushed her away playfully.

“Yah! Don’t burst my hopes and dreams like that!” I shouted at her.

“That dream of yours will come true when I marry Kim Jong Kook.”

“Thanks.. Now it’s never going to happen,” I groaned.

I looked back at the clock again. 6:15PM.

“Omo!” I ran outside and drove to the gym.

 

Jessica's POV

I was sitting at the dining table with Krystal in front of me and my mom and dad on either side of me. My brother wasn’t there. He’s off in America doing something for work. Dinner with my family. I love it. I miss it. It had been a few weeks since I’d been able to eat with my family. Taecyeon and I usually come by and eat at my parents’ place one a week. The only difference this time is that Taecyeon wasn’t there. He’d been going out almost every day for the past week, drinking and coming home late after being with his friends all night partying and celebrating. Apparently something about stock prices going up, I don’t know. I hadn’t seen him that much. I was always asleep when he got home and he’d be gone for work when I woke up. I wasn’t even able to tell him about dinner with my parents. Oh well, I guess.  What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him.

I was eating my bulgogi quietly as my dad talked about work and the stock market. The usual boring conversation he makes. But I was just happy I wasn’t home alone. At that point, I missed Taecyeon being home.

“So what are you going to do about that death threat letter you received, honey?” My mom said, which catches my attention, throwing my mind into the conversation they were having.

“Death threat??” Krystal said worriedly. “What death threat???”

“It’s nothing to worry about, sweetie,” Dad said calmly, grabbing my sister’s hand. “It happens all the time, you know it.”

My family gets death threats at least once every other month. I guess it’s just part of being a huge company owner.  None of us really worry about it anymore except for Krystal. Whenever she hears about it, she freaks out and we have to calm her down.

“Yeah, sis. You know nothing ever really happe—“

“Yeah, but what if something DOES happen this time??” Krystal said.

“That’s why I have body guards with me at all times, sweetie.” Dad said. “Nothing will get past them.”

Krystal relaxed a bit.

“Don’t worry, sis. Nothing is going to happen, okay?” I assured her.

“Okay..”

“Well anyway,” Dad started. “I did the same thing my guards told me to do for the past few times this has happened. I told the Protection Services about it. Just in case.” Krystal tensed up and dad patted her hand to comfort her again.

“Just in case” he said again.

Just in case.

 

Taeyeon POV

Dripping in sweat, I grabbed my towel and left the gym. I got in my car and looked at the time. 8:20PM.

Really?? I was there for two hours?? I didn’t even notice!

I made my way back home. Halfway there, my phone started ringing. I plugged it into my car and answered it.

“Hello?” I said.

“We got something new today.” Hyoyeon’s voice sounded from the car speakers.

“Something interesting?”

“Nope. Not at all. It’s not even worth calling you for.” She said.

“….Then why’d you call..?”

“Because I wanted to hear your cute little voice, of course!”

I rolled my eyes. “Well what’s the something new about?”

“Jung got another death threat.”

*sigh*

“I could have guessed that,” I said. “Just last week Lee called about one.”

“So what are you up to at this moment?” she asked.

“Driving home from the gym.”

“Oooooo. So you’re all sweaty and tired? That’s y.” Hyoyeon purred through the speakers.

“Byuntae! What are you doing? Where are you?”

“I’m in the office. Come by. I wanna see sweaty Taeng.”

“You are the gayest straight person I know, Hyo. Is Sooyoung there?” I asked.

“And you call me byuntae?? Yes, Sooyoungie’s here. Say hi, Soo,” Hyoyeon said. A faint but excited “hi” sounded through the speakers. Sooyoung.

“Okay, I’m on the way.” I told her.

“YAH! YOU’RE ONLY COMING BECAUSE SOOYOUNG’S HERE!” Hyoyeon yelled. I heard Sooyoung laughing in the background.

“I like her better than you! I’m tired of seeing your face every day!” I said.

“Aish.. See you in a bit then.” We hung up and I took a U-turn towards the Protective Services building.

 

 


This chapter was kind of short and maybe boring, but important for the next chapter. I haven't completely edited this chapter yet, but I have to go to work right now, so when I get out I'll finish!

Jessica and Taeyeon meet in the next chapter too! Tell me what you think!

Thanks for subscribing, guys! <3