Wake Up!

Hate to Protect, Protect for Love

Author’s POV

From Amber:

So when do I get to see you again? I miss you

Krystal smiled at the text.

To Amber:

We have school tomorrow, silly. You get to see me then. I miss you too.

She made her way downstairs to find Taeyeon and Jessica napping on the couch and loveseat. She giggled to herself. Taeyeon had a book on her chest as though she fell asleep while she was reading. Taeyeon giggled in her sleep.

“Taeyeonie, you’re so adorable.” Krystal whispered. She pulled her phone out and took a picture of her.

*chirp chirp*

Her phone went off and she checked it.

From Hyoyeon:

send me that pic. i need sum blackmail 4 wen she tells drunk stories about me.

She sent Hyoyeon the picture and dug through the fridge for some food. Her phone went off again.

From Hayeon:

What r u doing today?

To Hayeon:

Nothing that I know of yet. Why?

From Hayeon:

I’m so bored. The baby has been in a bad mood today and won’t stop crying. It’s driving me crazy.

To Hayeon:

Haha poor you! Come over! Surprise Taeyeon! She’s out cold on the couch right now.

She sent her the picture of Taeyeon.

From Hayeon:

OMG how adorable! I’ll be over later today then!

***

“Rock-a-bye baby in a tree top.” Hyoyeon sang, amused by the sleeping Taeyeon.

“Let the baby sleep, Hyogre.” Sooyoung said before giggling.

“Haha, okay okay. How much longer do you think it will be until we get this guy?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Who knows. Not getting anything?”

“No! This guys is good at hiding! If we can’t find him, then who can??” She let out a frustrated sigh.

“Don’t worry about it, Hyo. We’ll get him. Like you said. If we can’t find him, then who can?” Soo said.

“You know what we need to do??”

“What’s that?”

“We need to go to the club again sometime. I miss dancing with complete strangers.” Hyoyeon grabbed the all too familiar tennis ball and started throwing it at the wall and catching it.

“That is seriously so true. We need to do that as soon as this is all over. Like a celebration.”

“How has she not woken up from us talking yet?” Hyoyeon said. “She’s out like a light. Speaking of.. Notice how she’s not having her nightmares anymore?”

“Is she really not?” Sooyoung asked, surprised.

“She’s not. I think she’s finally found something—or someone—to help her handle them.”

“We need to thank Jessica someday.”

“Really. She’s doing much better now. What would we do without Jess?” Hyoyeon looked up at the monitors in time to see a couple of black SUV’s park in front of Taeyeon’s house.

“Wait wait wait.” She said.

“What’s going on?”

At least seven guys in black suits exited the vehicles and made their way into the yard, detaching the gate entirely. “Taeyeon!” Hyoyeon yelled out to hopefully wake her up. “Taeyeon, we have company!!! Wake up!”

Just then, the office door opened and the chief entered. “Bad news, Kim.” He said, looking at the monitors. “You’re off the case.”

“What??? Why??”

“What’s going on, Hyo!?” Sooyoung asked again.

“I’ve got orders to find new people for this case.” Chief said.

“Who are those people??” She asked him. “Taeyeon, wake up now!!”

That’s when they broke through the front door.

 

Taeyeon’s POV

“Taeyeon, wake up now!!” I heard Hyoyeon scream in my ear. I was so tired that I couldn’t get myself to wake up though. The house was so quiet and peaceful and I didn’t want it to change.

*BAM*

Krystal screamed from the dining room. I jolted up from the couch to find five men barging into my house; my front door was hanging by the bottom screws. More men were filing into my house. Jessica stood up from her spot and screamed as well. I jumped from the couch and reached for my gun holster, but I remembered I had put my gun away already.

“Who the hell are you guys???” I yelled.

One of the men flashed a badge at me. “We are here to take Jessica and Krystal Jung out of your hands.” He said.

“What?? Why???” Jessica asked. I was so confused and angry that I couldn’t concentrate on what was going on.

“We have orders to remove you two from the household and relocate you with another group.” The man said. One of the men already had Krystal and was leading her toward the front door, while another guy was walking over to Jessica.

“You can’t just come in here and take these girls away! Who the do you think you are??” I reached the man with Krystal and ripped his arms away from her.

“Taeyeon stop! Leave the guys alone…” Hyoyeon sounded worried and scared.

“I would step away if I were you, Officer.” The man who seemed to be the leader said in a threatening tone.

“Get off of me!” Jessica cried out. I turned around to see her being dragged away as well.

I attempted to go to her, but two of the men in suits grabbed me, holding me back.

“Get your ing hands off of her!!!” I yelled.

They ignored me. I pulled away from the men and turned around to face them. Anger rushed over me and I punched one of the men in the face. The other man then knee'd me in my stomach with much force and I toppled over as I tried to catch my breath.

“Taeyeon!” Jessica cried. I looked up to see that Krystal was already outside and Jessica was almost there.

I got back up and stumbled over to the leader guy. He turned to face me and punched me in the face. I fell to the ground and out.

~~~~~

“Taeyeon.” I heard a voice above me. I opened my eyes to see Sooyoung standing over me. She helped me to my feet and I looked around. It was just me and Sooyoung in the house, and my front door was leaning against the wall.

“Soo..” I mumbled. “What happened..? Where are they?”

“Come on, Tae. We need to go to the office to find out what’s going on.”

~~~~~

“What the hell is going on???” I demanded.

“Listen, Taeyeon.” The chief started. “I had no part in this—“

“Who. Were. They. What the hell is going on??”

“Those men were Chairman Jung’s men. He called earlier today and demanded the girls be sent to another group.. When were you going to tell me you were sleeping with Jessica Jung??”

“Are they here right now?” I asked, ignoring his question.

“Yes, they’re here, but you didn’t answer my qu—“

Before he finished his sentence, I ran from him in search for the girls. I knew exactly where they would be.

I opened the door to the holding room and saw them sitting at a table side by side.

“Taeyeon!” Jessica exclaimed as she got up and ran to me. Before she reached, however, one of the men in the suits blocked her way. I tried to go inside, but they blocked the entrance.

“Who the do you think you are?” I said to the men. “What gives you the right to take them away??”

That’s when a man stepped into view from the room. I took a step back in shock.

“I would like to have a word with you.” He said. He exited the room and closed the door before leading me to a corner of the main room.

“Chairman Jung.” I said.

“Kim Taeyeon.”

We looked at each other for what felt like forever.

“You must be wondering why this has happened.” He said.

“I’m not wondering why thiis happened. I’m wondering why you think it’s smart to take them away from people who are taking care of them.”

“Your job was to take care of them. Not confuse my daughter and turn her into someone like you. An abomination—“

“Abomination?” I was surprised by his words. Abomination? He really just called his own daughter that??

At that time, the chief, Hyoyeon, and Sooyoung had made it to us as well.

“I’m sorry, sir. I had no idea what was going on—“ Chief started.

“Next time you should keep track of what your officers are doing.” Chairman Jung interrupted, keeping his eyes dead locked on mine. “And you.” He was speaking to me in a threatening voice. “Stay away from my daughters. Stay away from them, or I will make sure you will.” He walked away and back into the office Jessica and Krystal were in without another word.

“I can’t believe you, Kim.” Chief said. “Of all the people I would expect you not to form a relationship with, I’d have thought it would Jessica Jung.”

 

Jessica’s POV

My father comes back into the room and stands at the wall like he had before.

“Where is she?” I asked him.

“That is none of your concern.”

“It’s all of my concern. Where is she, daddy? I want to see her.”

“You will do no such thing, Sooyeon.” He said. “I knew she looked familiar at the hospital. Why did I not look her up.” He was talking to himself more than to us.

“How could you, dad?” I said.

He looked at me. “What is that tone I am hearing from you, Sooyeon?”

“How could you do that to someone’s family without a remorseful bone in your body, and then lie and cover it up?”

Krystal squeezed my shoulder, nervous from the way I was talking to him. She had no idea what I was talking about. He, on the other hand, looked shocked and irritated.

“You knew? You knew about it and did not feel like you were betraying your family?”

“Betraying??” I laughed. “How would I be betraying the family?? You’re ridiculous!”

“Unnie…” Krystal whimpered beside me. I stood from my seat, enraged.

“You knew about it, but you continued to trust her with your life?? You continued to allow her to fill your mind with these erted impurities?? You allowed her to bring shame to this family—“

“If anyone has brought shame to this family, it’s you!!” I practically screamed at him. I was right in front of him now. “You killed a man and hid it from the media and paid your way out of going to jail or seeing any consequence for what you did! You brushed it under the carpet like it was a bit of dust on the floor! How can I bring shame when I just fell in love with someone?? You bring shame to the family!“

*SLAP*

I held my stinging cheek. Krystal ran over, holding me and crying. I felt a tear run down my cheek.

“You are to never see that disgusting girl again!!! You are going to be taken to a new group and when they find the last man, you will move back in with Ok Taecyeon. I should have taken his word when he said something was going on between you two in that house.” He looked at me with disgust before walking out.

The moment he was out of the room, I dropped to my knees, Krystal along with me, and cried as hard as I had in a long time.

 

 


You guys.. Hahaha. I was surprised you all knew it was Chairman Jung that was at the end of last chapter! Nice guys! A drama packed chapter for you guys <3 I hope you like it! Tell me what you think! Love you all!! <3