Worry

Hate to Protect, Protect for Love

Jessica's POV

Taeyeon pulled a gun out of a book and handed it and a flashlight to Yuri.

“You know how to use this, right?” She asked.

“Of course.” Yuri sayed.

She grabbed my face, forcing me to look at her. She showed unhinging calm and security.

“Do not leave Yuri’s sight.” She said. “Either of you.” Her voice sounded strong and protective.

She kissed my cheek before going to the basement. Sooner than I hoped, she was out of sight from the darkness. I’m terrified. For both Taeyeon, and for my sister, who was shaking with fear beside me. I hugged her closer to me and whispered ease into her ears.

“Everything’s going to be okay, Soojung.” I said in a shaky, but almost completely calm tone. I closed my eyes and tried believing what I was telling her. “Sooyoung is on the way, Yuri’s here. We’ll be okay. Taeyeon will be okay.”

As if in response to my last sentence, a loud thump was heard from the basement. My imagination takes the best of me and my breathing quickened.

“I’ve known Taeyeon for two years.” Yuri whispered. “I’ve seen her in her fighting classes. I know she’s okay.”

Yuri’s comment did comfort me a little, but not so much to not be scared that something was going bad.

“AUGHHHHH!!” Someone cried out in the basement. It sounded like the person was in pain. And it sounded like a girl. Taeyeon.. A tear escaped my eye.

 

Taeyeon's POV

“Hyoyeon, I don’t see—“

Pain hit my gun holding arm and the gun goes flying from my grasp. Before I have time to react, the person slams his fist into my jaw. I dropped to the ground, dazed. The flashlight was no longer in my hand and it was out of my reach, but when I looked up, I saw the silhouette of someone standing above me. The flashlight wasn’t facing us, so I couldn’t see much else.

“Taeyeon!!” Hyoyeon yelled in my ear.

I was still in a haze from the impact of the ground and the damn truck that brought me down. I searched around for the gun, but I couldn’t see it.

An excruciating pain erupted in my left hand as I felt the guy's shoe stomp down on it. A cracking sound came from underneath it.

“AUGHHHHH!!!” I screamed out, jerking my hand into my chest.

“TAEYEON??!!!” Sooyoung called out.

“Taeyeon! GET UP!” Hyoyeon said. “Get up now!”

I rolled onto my hand and knees, leaving my injured hand up. The guy kicks me in the stomach and I toppled back onto my back, trying to catch my breath. I saw his silhouette come closer. He lifted his arm up and threw it down at me.

This time I was ready. I blocked it with my arm and rolled back onto my knees, only this time, I went straight into a standing position. I tried to move the fingers on my left hand, but I couldn’t. They were probably broken. I forced the pain out of my mind and focused on the guy in front of me.

“Who the hell are you?” I ordered.

“Hand over the Jung daughters and I’ll leave you be.” He said.

“Over my dead body.” I growled.

He chuckled deeply, slightly unsettling. “I was hoping you’d say that.”

He lunged forward. I dodged and spun around him. I ran towards the flashlight while he tried looking for me. I was behind the flashlight though, so there was no way he could see me. I grabbed the flashlight and turned it off.

How am I supposed to fight this guy when I can’t even see him? I quietly walked to a corner of the room. Living in this house my whole life, I can find my way around even if I were blind.

“Where the are you?? Hiding like a little ??” He bellowed.

I placed the flashlight in the corner, pointing it toward the room and turned the light back on.

Perfect.

Now I could see everything. He was standing in the middle of the room. He turned toward the light and I charged at him, catching him off guard. I kicked him in the leg and he dropped to his knees, crying out. He got back on his feet almost immediately and dodged my right hook.

“That the best you can do, ?” He said. “I’m sure you can do better than that. They wouldn’t let just any person watch over the Jung sisters.”

He punched me in the gut at his last words. I bend over for only a second; but a second is too long. He sends an undercut right to my lip. The taste of pennies filled my mouth and I spit out blood. Dammit, not again.

I look up in time to see his right arm coming toward me. I bring up both my arms to block him and punch him in the jaw. Right, left, right, left, uppercut. I had to use my elbow in replacement of my broken hand, but it was still doing the job. I had him right where I needed in order to take the advantage.

I sent my knee up toward his gut, but he grabbed it and swung me, sending me across the basement floor. He's on me in a split second and hits me in the nose. He pulls me off of the floor by my shirt collar and slams me into the old coffee table by the wall, caving in the furntiture until it was only peices od wood.

I grabbed one of the legs of the table and swung it at his head to get him off of me. He stumbled backwords and I got up quickly. Before he regained his ballance, I powerfully kicked him in his gut. He flies backward into my punching bag and brings it down with him.

", . You're pretty good." He said as he got up.

I smirked at him and he jabs his left first at my face. I duck, avoiding the impact and kicked at his feet with as much strength as I could apply. It catches him off guard and he dropped to the ground. I jumped on top of him and threw down a sequence of powerful punches to his face and ribs, ignoring the searing pain in my left hand.

“Augh! Fu-ugh!” He groaned every time I hit him in the ribs.

Hit him in the ribs. That’s his week point.

I disregarded his face and put all my attention toward his sides, pounding away.

He catches one of my arms between his arm and his side and flips me over so he’s on top now. He smashes his fist into my stomach. This guy is seriously powerful. His punches are like bulldozers tearing down an old building. The next bulldozer collides with my side and my hands go limp, only for a second. But like I said already, a second is too long. He wrapped his hands around my neck and squeezed tight, cutting off my airway. I choked up blood as I struggled to rip his hands from me.

“Taeyeon, man.. You gotta get him off.” Hyoyeon sounded panicked, or scared, or both. “Jessica is waiting for you to get back upstairs.”

In my peripheral vision, I see something on the ground. The pistol. I tried to grab it, but it was too far away. I stretched out more, but it was no use. My vision was tunneling and I was running out of air in my lungs. I don’t know how much longer I can last.

“Taeyeon.. The police are on their way.. I’m almost there. Come on, get out of it. I know you can. Just a couple more minutes…” Sooyoung said.

“Tae, please. Get up and kick this guy’s .”

My eyes closed, but my hands were still weakly trying to pry him off.

“Before I send them to the boss, I think I’m gonna have a little fun with that Jessica one. And then maybe her sister.” He hissed.

My eyes shot open at his words. My mind was on fire and anger engulfed me. I smashed my right fist into his side, followed by my left with as much power as possible. He cried out and loosened his grip just slightly, allowing oxygen into my lungs again. I pounded at his ribs again and he let go. “!” He yelled.

I got on my knees and slamed my right fist into his face before flinging myself toward the pistol on the ground. I grabbed the gun and shot. He screamed out and grabbed at his leg.

I sat back, finally feeling the pain in my lungs and throat and coughed up a mixture of blood and spit. My eyes slowly closed.

“Taeyeon!” Hyoyeon yelled.

I opened my eyes and saw the guy getting back up. I pointed my gun again and shot his other leg. He dropped back down and goes unconscious.

I dropped the gun and stared at him as my vision began to blur. Footsteps were heard coming down the stairs.

“Taeyeon, I’m here. The police are here, you’re going to be okay.” Sooyoung said, kneeling down in front of me. I saw multiple beams of light in the basement now. I looked up at her, knowing she was right. I closed my eyes and lost consciousness.

 

 


There you go guys! I know you must have been dying to know what happened! I hope you guys liked the fight scene, it was fun but kind of difficult to write. O.o I really wanted to add more but then it would have been a jumble of fail and I didn't wanna ruin it.

Tell me what you think guys! Who do you think the guy is? Better yet, who do you WANT it to be? I haven't decided who it is yet so leave me names and I might give them a cameo of the bad guy role. XD