Who Doesn't Love 2NE1?

Hate to Protect, Protect for Love

Taeyeon's POV

*Bonk*

*Bonk*

*Bonk*

The room was silent except for the sound of the tennis ball hitting the wall.

*Bonk*

I caught the ball and threw it back at the wall.

*Bonk*

I. Am. Bored.

Seriously, how can I be so bored at work? You’re supposed to be busy at all times when it comes to jobs. But not this one. Not anymore, at least. Not for me. Since I’m one of the best at what I do, I get to just sit here and look pretty until something interesting comes up.

No, seriously. I’m not just being cocky. The boss man gave a plaque for my desk that reads “I Am The Best”. Not just because because I love 2NE1. Everyone seems to look up to me here.

I don’t know why, though. What’s so hard about relocating a family and keeping them from being found until the person looking for them is comprehended? They say it’s because I’m the only one in the program that has successfully kept my families protected without much problem and that all of the attackers have been caught. That’s not my doing, though. Hyoyeon is the one that finds them and Sooyoung is the tech wiz that helps. I just go after them and take them down. They should all be looking up to Hyo and Soo instead of me, but no.

*Bonk*

The door to the office bursted open. “Guess what! You’re gonna love me for this!”

“YAH!” I threw the ball too hard and it flew over my head and to the other side of the room.

I turned around to see Hyoyeon skipping towards my desk. She stoped in front of it and slamed her hand down with a huge grin plastered on her face. She slid her hand closer to me and then pulled it away, leaving a slip of paper on the desk.

“Yah.. You scared the crap out of me.” I said, frowning at her. “Why are you so excited so early in the morning?”

“Because I knew I was going to come in here and see a grumpy Taeyeon. And because I know that frown is going to turn upside down after you see what I got us!” Hyoyeon said pointing down at the slip of paper on the desk.

I grabbed the paper and looked at it, trying to figure out what it was. After a few seconds, my eyes widened in realization and my mouth dropped completely.

“Oh my God, you did not!” I shouted, my mood taking a U-turn.

“I so did!”

“This must be fake. How did you get these???” I looked up at Hyoyeon and saw that her grin was wider than before.

She sat her desk. “Well, I know a guy who knows a guy that’s cousins with Dara’s hairstylist and since it’s almost your birthday, I got the hookup.” She crossed her arms in satisfaction. “Who has the bestest best friend in the world?”

“Oh my God, I can’t believe it, Hyo!” I ran towards her and gave her a tight hug. I looked at the ticket in my hand again. “Wow.. Am I really going to be seeing 2NE1 in concert???? Pinch me, I must be sleeping still!”

A sharp pain on my thigh made me jump. “OUCH!”

“You said pinch you.” Hyoyeon shruged.

I sat at my desk again, still looking at the ticket in disbelief. “Thank you, Hyo. Really.”

“Yeah, yeah, I already know I’m awesome. Just remember it’s in 2 weeks.”

I nodded and put the concert ticket away.

“So let’s get down to business.” Hyoyeon said and turned to her computer, typing furiously. “How’s the Han family doing in their new home?”

I turned to my computer as well and pulled up some documents. “They settled in pretty well. They’re staying low and said they’ll call me if they need anything. I should be going to check on them next week.”

“What about Mr. ShinYeon?”

“Eh…. Well he’s not like the Han family..” I chuckled. “You know it all. He doesn’t like the location, the house is too small, blah blah blah. But overall he’s grateful. I checked on him yesterday and fixed a couple of things for him. I swear, he’s breaking things in that house just so that he’s not lonely.”

“Poor guy.” Hyo chortled.

“I’m supposed to go over there tomorrow and play Go Stop with him. You’re welcome to join, if you’d like. I doubt he’ll complain.” I offered.

“That actually sounds better than what I was gonna do.” She said.

“Which is?”

“Nothing at all.” She laughed.

I guess that’s another thing that makes me likeable at this place. It may just be my job to take care of these people whose lives are in danger, but I don’t just do business. I like to spend free time with them. I play Go Stop with Mr. ShinYeon once a week, and on the weekends I go to the Han residents and play games with their two young sons. I form bonds with the people I'm ordered to watch over that way they feel safer. At the moment, the Han family and Mr. ShinYeon are the only two families I’m assigned to, which is relaxing, but now I just have too much time on my hands.

Hyoeon picked up the tennis ball I was playing with earlier. “Well, doesn’t seem like there’s anything else to do now. Catch.”

She tossed the ball to me and for the next hour that’s all we did.

 

Jessica's POV

“What I don’t understand is why he has to be so rude about it!” I complained into my phone.

“He’s rude overall! I don’t know why you’re still with him! He still has that mindset that women are only on this world for cooking, cleaning, and making babies.” Tiffany’s voice came from the reciever.

“He can be sweet when he wants to be.. But he’s different when he’s around people. Like he has to show off.”

“This is, what, your third fight this week? And last week you two fought like once a day over the same things. He says he’ll change, but has he yet? No.” Tiffany said.

She’s right and I know it. We had this conversation already last week. Taecyeon has been treating me worse and worse every week in front of his stupid friends. Ordering me around like a slave, being inappropriately physical with me even though he knows I hate it. Every time I confront him about it, he apologizes and says he won’t do it again, but the next day it happens again. I know I should just end it with him, but we’ve been together for 3 years. Besides, what am I supposed to do if I leave him? Move back in with my parents? Ugh… I can’t anyway. My father wouldn’t allow it.

“I know, I know.. I’ve been thinking about it more lately. But what if I leave and it's the wrong choice?” I said, thinking of reasons to stay.

“What if staying is the wrong choice? What if it gets worse and instead of kissing your neck in front of his friends, he’s got his hands wrapped around it?” Tiffany said bluntly.

“He would never do that!”

“See! You’re defending him. That’s gotta be a stage for abused girlfriends. Next thing you know, you’re going to be denying he’s doing anything wrong in the first place and I’m gonna find bruises on your arms.”

“Oh my god, Fany! That’s not funny!” I scolded.

“I know it’s not, Sica. I’m not joking. You need to think hard about this.”

I heard noises from downstairs. Taecyeon.

“I gotta go, Fany. He’s here. I’ll talk to you later, okay?” I said before I hung up the phone and headed for the stairs.

Halfway down, I heard voices. More than one. I stopped and listened. Dammit.. His friends are here… I slowly started climbing the stairs again until..

“Jess! Come down here. The boys are hungry!” Taecyeon’s voice sounded from the living room.

I cursed at myself for not leaving the house before he got here and slowly went downstairs. “Hey, honey. I didn’t know you were home.” I lied.

I walked to the kitchen and made the boys mini sandwiches. I can’t cook. Let’s just leave it at. I placed the sandwiches on a plate and set them in front of the guys.

“Thanks, Jess!” Nichkhun said to me. He grabbed a sandwich and ate it in one bite. “Mmmmmm, these are the best sandwiches I’ve ever had! You’re such a good cook, Jess!” He gave me a big smile, squinting his eyes until they were barely open anymore.

“You’re such a liar, Nichkhun!” I said and gave him a little smack on the shoulder as he laughed.

Tiffany is so lucky to have a guy like Nichkhun, I thought to myself. He’s caring, affectionate, friendly, sweet.. I’m envious of Tiffany for having a boyfriend like him. They’re too perfect for each other. The eye smile couple is what everyone calls them. It’s so cute.

“I wish she was actually a good cook.” And then I have Taecyeon… Lucky me… “I want a real home cooked meal for once instead of instant meals, but the woman can’t cook for !”

“Be appreciative, man. At least she cooks something! You’re not starving every day.” Nichkhun said. He’s always the one that stands up for me. Tiffany has told him about our conversations before and he’s noticed it numerous times. I’m glad whenever he’s around because I can always count on him to stick up for me.

“Well, I’m going to be on my way now.” I said walking away.

“Where are you going? I just got here.” Taecyeon said.

“I’m going to pick up Krystal from school.”

He looked at his watch. “She doesn’t get out of school for another hour??”

“Yeah, well I’ve got something I have to do before then.”

“Well come here and say goodbye first.” He said.

Oh god… Here it comes…

He stood up. I held my breath, knowing what was to come.

He grabbed my and pulled me in, squeezing me. Next thing I knew, his lips were on mine and his tongue was forcing itself into my mouth. I squirmed away after a few seconds and bid my goodbye before I left.

That’s always how it is. I leave when he’s around people because he always violates me like that in front of them as though marking his territory. He knows I don’t like that at all, but he doesn’t care.

I drove to Krystal’s high school and sat in the pick-up line. Seeing that there was still an hour left until school ended, I was the first and only person in the line. I just had to get out of that house..

Krystal is eighteen years old, so it’s her last year of high school. You’d expect her to drive to school, but she prefers when I pick her up.

“That way I can see you at least once a day! Not like you have anything better to do, Jessi.” She would say to me. So not true. I go to university, so I don’t actually get to pick her up every day. Other than school, picking up Krystal, and the occasional meet up with Tiffany and Sunny, I just stay home taking care of the house most of the day. Cooking, cleaning, and catering to Taecyeon when he gets off work.

I am so not the type of woman to just slave around to some guy’s orders. And I definitely don’t do cleaning or catering. I should be the one being catered. But Taecyeon comes from a rich family and my dad wants us to get married. Besides, if I’m being completely honest, Taecyeon kind of scares me. He’s a built guy and when he gets mad, it’s intimidating. And that’s coming from me. The Ice Princess herself.

I looked at the clock on the dashboard. Forty-five minutes until Krystal is out. Welp. Guess I can take a nap then. I reclined the driver’s seat and got myself comfortable before I drifted off to sleep.

 

*bang bang bang!*

“Hmmmm..?” I opened my eyes to see Krystal on the other side of the car window. She looked slightly annoyed. I unlocked the door.

“I have been banging on that window for twenty minutes straight already and you JUST NOW OPEN IT???” Krystal said to me as she sat down in the passenger’s seat. “You’re like a rock!”

She looked at me. Krystal is stunningly beautiful today. I tell her she’s beautiful all the time and she’s really popular in school but she’s always shy and quiet around people. At times she comes off as a cold person. She’s like me in that way. That’s just the way we were structured, but we’re really not such es like everyone seems to think.

She flipped her blonde hair out of her face. Blonde. I don’t know why she wanted to dye her hair blonde so bad; the family passed it off as teenage rebellion in the end. After she dyed it though, it came out really good. It suits her. She looks good in any hair style just like her unnie! That was a bit cocky..

“Since when do you talk to your unnie like that?” I scolded.

“Why were you sleeping anyway? How long were you parked here?”

“Like an hour”

She looked at me for a bit before replying. “Did he bring his friends over again?”

I nodded my head.

“Ugh. I hate him.” She said, crossing her arms. I turned the car on and started driving. “Why are you still with him again?”

“You know why, Krys.”

“Yeah, yeah. Dad likes him, whatever.”

“So I was thinking,” I changed the subject. “About going to that new Panera Bread place we saw. It just opened a couple of days ago.”

“Jinjja?? Let’s do it! I’m hungry and I wanna spend time with my big sister!”

After a while we reached Panera. After we got the food we sat down at a table to eat.

“So what’s new?” I asked Krystal.

“Nothing really. I have a test tomorrow for Chemistry but that’s pretty much it. It’s too easy though, so I don’t even have to study.”

“Watch you fail it just for saying that. Haha."

She threw a piece of lettuce at me.

The acoustic version of Come Back Home by 2NE1 started playing on the radio. “I love this song.” I said, swaying to the song.

“Oh!” Krystal jumped in her seat. “I just remembered!” She fumbled around in her purse.

I looked at her, eyebrows raised waiting for her to finish.

She pulled out two slips of paper. “I have two tickets to see 2NE1 in concert in two weeks and I wanted you to go with me!”

“Jinjja??” I grabbed one of the tickets and looked at it. I looked back up at her. “Of all people to take, why are you taking your sister?”

“Because I looooove youuuuuu.” She sang.

“Yah! Don’t lie!”

Krystal pouted. “Fine. All of my friends seem to be too busy to go and I need a ride. Dad already said I can’t take his car after that accident last month, which by the way wasn’t even my fault! You were my last resort.”

“You’re only using me for a ride???” I threw a celery stick at her.

“No! Unnie, I really do want you to go with me!” she whined.

“I’m gonna get you a car for your birthday so you stop mooching me for rides. You have your license, why don’t you have a car!?”

“Because dad won’t get me one! He can’t even complain about not having money because the whole world knows we have plenty! But after I crashed his car, he’s been using that as an excuse.” She crossed her arms and pouted.

It’s true. Everyone knows we’re loaded with money. My family is the founder of some huge company, Jung Inc. Don’t ask me what it is, I try not to pay attention to it otherwise dad might try to get me into the business. And that is far from what I want to do with the rest of my life. Thank God for my big brother, otherwise I’d be forced into it.

“So does that mean you’ll go?” Krystal asked.

“Of course. Why would I pass up on a 2NE1 concert? Pabo.”

“Yay!!!” Krystal bounced in her seat and I laughed at her kid behavior.

“Seriously, it’s like I have a ten year old sister sometimes.” I smiled at her. She’s such a cutie.

I looked down at the ticket again.

This should be fun.

 

 


This is my first time writing a fanfic so I'm sorry if it comes out weird, but you learn through practice! Let me know what you think along the way!