008

Skinny Love

chapter oo8

JESSICA'S POV

 

Tiffany gasped. "Oh my gosh, tell me you guys didn't,"

I widened my eyes and hit her on the shoulder, "Ouch!"

"Of course, we didn't! Yah, you and your erted mind!" I pouted.

I'm here in my apartment with Tiffany. She just got back yesterday all the way from Jeju. Wow, the perks of having a boyfriend. Travel every Summer vacay, be lunatic every single day, be happy no matter what goes in your way. Sometimes I envy Tiffany for being so happy with her life and her love life. While here I am, left alone with Soojung since our parents broke up and my dad started a new family while my mom is always busy with her business. Tiffany, although her family is back in LA, she seems to be happy living by herself here in Seoul. I wish to be happy like her. After all, that's what I really wanted.

All I want is to be happy.

"Okay, okay! Enough, just don't hit me like that! It's ouchy," Tiffany told me and pouted like a kid.

"Your fault tho. If it wasn't for your erted mind," I mumbled as I checked my phone out. Oh, a new message? From Donghae?


Baby J, are you sleeping? You're not answering my calls :( Anyway, did Miyoung already mention about the trip?


Trip? I furrowed my eyebrows as I glanced at the forever vain Tiffany, taking selfies of herself. I shook my head as I put my attention back to my phone. What trip is he talking about? And Baby J?! Since when did he start calling me Baby J? Aish, baby?!

Somehow, I thought of an idea. I smirked as I started typing on my phone for reply.


Oh, sorry I didn't hear my phone ringing, baby! It's in silent mode, that's why. What trip are you talking about though?


I let out an evil laugh.

Tiffany stopped taking pictures of herself and gave me a weird look. "What's happening to you?"

I shook my head and she just shrugged, continuing what was she doing earlier.

"By the way, we're going to Cali next week. LA, to be exact." Tiffany mentioned all of a sudden.

California?! We're? So this is the trip he's talking about earlier in the message? Donghae's coming? Wait, what?!

"California and Donghae's coming?!" I gasped as my eyes widened at the same time.

She looked at me with a blank face and nodded as an answer. "And Siwon too. Actually, the four of is will go."

I gasped again.

"What's the matter?" she asked.

Then my phone beeped. Ain't in silent mode anymore.


About the four us going to California?


I typed for a reply again.


She already mentioned it to me just now. Don't worry, baby. How are you, by the way?


"Shocks! Are you two already together?!" Tiffany gasped and giggled.

, when and how did she get there?! Gosh, she just read my reply message to Donghae!! How am I supposed to explain this stuff to her? Like she'll listen to me? Yeah, she would but she'll stick on what she thinks and not to my explanation. Damn Jessica, you just digged your own grave.

"No! Of course, not!" I defended myself.

"Why do you sound so defensive, then?" she raised her eyebrows and smirked at me.

"Of course I'm defending myself! I'm the accused here, duh?" I rolled my eyes.

"Then why are you calling him 'baby'?" Tiffany asked me, more like interrogating.

This is Tiffany. She loves asking questions. She's very interrogative that I just hope she'll have her own talk show someday and hoping she would be one of those popular celebrities who asks the beauty queens in a pageant when it's already the Q & A portion. And in my case, I'm like a celebrity being interrogated by the talk show host, Tiffany Hwang about a rumor she just saw.

"He started it, okay? I'm just going with the flow. I don't know what got into me, alright? Nevermind, why am I explaining this anyway? This is no big deal," I shrugged the thought of and tapped the send button on my phone.

"Just date! The two of you, just date!" Tiffany told.

"Easy for you to say," I replied and laughed sarcastically.

She shook her head. "Obviously, you like each other. So why don't the two of you date? There's nothing wrong with it. Just try and if the two of you worked out, tada!"

I sighed.

If only we could, but no. I know he's been acting too sweet towards me that he even calls me 'baby', but I don't want to assume just like that. What if he really acts like that to other girls? No one knows, he's really like that towards other girls so it would be so much better if I stop all my assumptions and stop keeping my hopes up on him because I don't seem like having any chance.

"No, that won't happen." I replied in a low voice, damn this is depressing the hell out of me. Who would've even thought that a guy could be a reason why I am being depressed? Damn this love thingy.

"And why do you say so? From what you've shared to me just a while ago, I can say that he's being extra sweet to you. That's so not Donghae, Jessi. I'm also his bestfriend since I'm his bestfriend's girlfriend and he's not like that to me. Yeah, we're close but he's not like that to me." Tiffany told me as a matter of fact.

I sighed again. Tiffany, are you somewhat crazy?

"Because you're off limits, okay?!" I pointed out.

She nodded. "I know. What I'm telling you is, other than me, there are other girls, okay? We have so many mutual friends and to think that he's not very sweet towards those other girls we know makes me say that he likes you. I don't know, from what I see in his actions and attitude towards you, I feel like he likes you too."

Yeah, right. Like he would? No matter how much I want to believe what she's saying, I just can't. It gives me another reason to keep my hopes up and then what do I get? Nothing? Pain? Another pain is too much to handle.

"Whatever, I don't want to assume so please stop." I pleaded.

"Fine, just take note of what I said." she agreed as she nodded. I nodded as well but I don't think I would take note of that. Maybe I will but not now.

 


"Is this your idea?" I asked Tiffany. We were in front of the LED TV, with some popcorns and juice. Tonight, the two of us decided to have a movie marathon. I missed this girl, actually. Too bad, Soojung's not in the country. She's in Florence for some photoshoot. See? My sister's popular and I'm not. We quite have some difference, eh? Whatever.

"What idea?" she asked back without looking at me.

"The trip to LA." I answered as I stuffed more popcorns on my mouth.

She shook her head.

"Can we go to OC Fair Carnival Night there?" I asked Tiffany, sounding so excited and suddenly became giddy. I just can't wait.

She gave me a sad face. "Can't, dear. I need to be with Siwon. But why don't you ask Donghae to come with you?" she suggested.

I knew this would happen. What else could I do? It's Donghae anyway. It's fine with me. More like super duper fine with me. Wow, am I thinking of a date?

"It has always been him." I replied.

She giggled. "That's why you're madly and deeply in love with him."

She's teasing me again. I was wondering what if me and Donghae ended up being together, maybe Tiffany would be the happiest girl in the world. She's the number one fan of me and Donghae. She's the Cupid between me and Donghae. She's a die-hard fan of the two of us that she even gave us a pairing name and that's called, HaeSica. See? Such a die-hard fan.

"My mom actually wants to see Siwon and the two of us decided to tag you and Donghae along since we kind of regretted for leaving the two of you all alone the last time we went to Jeju." she gave me the answer I just need.

Well, I see the trip as a good idea. I also want to go back to San Francisco and Costa Mesa. The OC Fair Carnival, exactly! There's no way I'm going back to Korea if I couldn't get the chance to go to OC Fair Carnival Night! In that way, I can enjoy and relax for a while. This summer is going to be fun!! Thanks to Tiffany and Siwon. Oh, so much thanks for Siwon since Tiffany mentioned that he'll be the one in charge of the tickets. That guy is seriously and definitely rich, huh?

"So it's gonna be you and Donghae only. Sorry, Jessi!" Tiffany gave me an apologetic smile. I understand. Siwon really needs her considering that he'll be meeting her parents already.

"It's okay,"

"At least, you'll be having some time with your baby!" Tiffany told me in a teasing tone and emphasized the word baby with matching air-quote.

Aish. I squeezed my eyes shut as I hit my forehead.

"You'll never stop teasing me, huh?" I gritted my teeth.

She laughed. "So what if I am, baby J?"

She laughed and teased and laughed and teased me the whole time.

 


"Gosh, Tiffany! Please cut that off! I can't focus!" I whined like a kid only to earn a laugh from her.

I frowned and rolled my eyes.

"Fine, fine, fine, baby J! I'll stop now or else I'll be dead to your baby D!" Tiffany giggled and gave me a teasing look.

Aish, why do I even have a teasing friend like Stephanie? Argh, baby J?

"Baby J and Baby D, cutie babies!" Tiffany sang, irritating and teasing the hell out of me.

"Jessica's D and Donghae's J! Wow, perfect!" Tiffany clapped her hands in glee.

"STEPHANIE YOUNG, PLEASE STOP TEASING THE HELL OUT OF ME!" I shouted at her as I laughed eventually.

She laughed with me. "You're blushing though!"

I cupped my face and hid my cheeks. J and D? Wow, new nicknames, huh?


Donghae's J.

 

---------

A/N: The update is kinda lame, I'm sorry :( Hope you guys liked it somehow. Thank you for reading :) Sorry, I'm just not feeling well and I'm not really in the mood :( Thank you.