014

Skinny Love

014

 

DONGHAE'S POV


"It's now or never." I keep on hearing Siwon's voice saying that all over again. I keep on convincing myself that everything will turn out good, that everything will be alright. There's no way I'll be doing an impromptu speech, as Siwon had told me before, I'll let my heart speak. I admit that Siwon has taught me a lot and I thank him for that. He knocked out the hell out of me with words that encouraged me. That's what friends are for, right? Helping each other when the other's in need. After all, I kinda helped her with Tiffany.

"What are you waiting for? And why are you still here? Yah, you're almost late!" Siwon suddenly barged in and interrupted my thoughts. Am I spacing out that much lately? Siwon keeps on mentioning that to me.

I glanced at my wristwatch and yeah, five minutes before 4pm. . I am almost late!

I panicked and grabbed my keys. "Goodluck buddy!" Siwon shouted before I slam the door shut, forgetting to thank him. Well, I could that later.

 

If it wasn't for the traffic, I would be there right just in time. But no, I don't even know what's going on that's causing the traffic. It took me twenty minutes before I got at the park where we'll meet. I just hope she's still there and still waiting for me. I'm gonna make it up to her, I swear. Damn, it's the traffic's fault and my fault. I parked my car and hurriedly went to where she was. She sent me text message telling that she's just under a tree but I don't even know what tree it is and the fact that there are a lot of trees around here makes her message uncertain. Then she sent me another message telling me that she's quite near to the statue that I actually see from afar. This park's is really big and I'm getting lost.

I went to look for her again and then there she was, standing and talking with someone... a guy. He was tall, maybe taller than me and he was gripping both of her arms. I stopped and watched what was happening between the two of them. Who is he? Is he one of those two guys Tiffany had mentioned to me earlier? What's their name again? Taecyeon and Jaejoong?

There was another tree nearby. I went and hid there as I tried to eavesdrop. Somehow, I managed to hear what they are saying and see what they're doing. I didn't know I'm good at this. I could be a spy whenever I want to.

"You know how much I love and care for you!" the guy told as he wrapped her in his arms and gave her a tight hug.

Jessica, on the other hand, hesitated first before hugging him back. So, am I that late now? In just twenty minutes? How to lose a girl in twenty minutes? Wow, I could write and publish a book now and title it with 'How to Lose a Girl in Twenty Minutes'. I'm so damn stupid.

"Sorry, Taec. I-I just can't return the feelings you have for me. I-I love someone else." Jessica apologized as she pulled away from the hug.

"I just see you as a friend of mine and nothing more than that. I'm really sorry." she added and lowered her head.

Disappointment was plastered on the guy's face. So, he was Taecyeon? And what did she say? She loves someone else?

Taecyeon chuckled as he looked away. "Is that the Donghae-guy again? Your bestfriend? You like him, don't you?" he sounded sarcastic, judging by his tone.

This is the moment of truth. It's just a yes or a no.

Jessica lifted her head, quite hesitant.

"I don't like Donghae," she replied.

That's the last thing I heard from her that day.


END OF POV


"I don't like Donghae," Jessica started. "I just don't like him. I love him, Taec. I love him."

Taecyeon nodded. "I get it. I came here today, to clear things out with you. And knowing that I don't have any chance at all, makes it clear to me now. Donghae's one lucky guy. You guys, better be happy together." he faked a smile.

Jessica returned the smile he gave. "Thanks for understanding, Taec."

"Sure, anytime, Jess." he replied and placed his hand on his pockets. "I better should be get going now."

Jessica nodded. "Okay. T'was nice seeing you though."

"Yeah, likewise. I'll leave now, annyeong!" Taecyeon waved his hand as he bid goodbye and Jessica did the same.

 

It has been exactly an hour since Jessica got here and she's seriously getting bored and impatient. She was playing with her phone in her hands when it suddenly beeped. She immediately checked it out hoping it was from Donghae but the message was from Tiffany.

Baby J, how's it going between you and Donghae?

Jessica sighed and started typing for a reply on her phone.

He's not here yet, Tiff :(

And within a second, Tiffany replied to her.

What do you mean? Siwon said he left at his apartment like less than two hours ago?

Then why is he not here yet?

Idk. Wait, I'll try to ask Siwon if he knows where that guy is.

Sure.


Jessica heaved a deep sigh and stood up from the bench she was sitting and walked around. As she was walking, she saw a bouquet of flowers on the ground. She furrowed her eyebrows and went to pick it up. She scanned the bouquet if there's a card inserted but there's none. She still tried to look for it that she came to the point that she shook the bouquet. Then the a card fell on the floor.

She picked it up and read what it says: For J.

She gasped.

"He was here?!" she asked herself.

Then suddenly, her phone rang. Tiffany was calling, probably got the information already from Siwon about where the hell is Lee Donghae.

"What now?" Jessica answered, breathless.

"No one knows where on earth is he." Tiffany replied on the other line.

"He was here. He came. I don't know when but he left." Jessica told.

Tiffany gasped. "Jinjja? How did you know he was there? And why did he leave?"

"I saw a bouquet of flowers on the ground just nearby and I searched for the card wondering if there's one inserted and there is. It says it's for me and who else might give me flowers but only him! Besides 'J' was written there. He's the only one who calls me J." Jessica answered, catching her breath. She was breathless for an unknown reason.

"Oh my gosh, no." Jessica blurted out as she remembered something.

"What?"

"Did he saw me and Taecyeon hugging?" Jessica questioned herself as well as Tiffany.

"How would I know? Wait, WHAT?! The two of you hugged?! Wha-Why?!" Tiffany fired a lot of questions.

"I'll explain it to you later, alright?"

"Fine, you have an explanation to do with me tonight, Jung Sooyeon." Tiffany agreed and told her with a threatening tone.

"I know."

"You better find him. I and Siwon will be searching for him too. Aish, that kid!" Tiffany said like a mom.

"Okay okay okay. I'll hang up. Talk to you when I talk to you." Jessica pressed the button to end the call.


Aish Lee Donghae. You can't be gone missing right now! Not when I'm finally ready to tell you about what I feel for you. You better show yourself before I change my mind!

____________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Looks like the ending is just around the corner? Hmm. Anyways, where could Donghae be? And what do you think will happen next? Keep on sending your comments below! Tell me how was the 14th chapter. I hope ya'll liked it! Also, sorry if the update is kinda short :( But still, thank you for reading! Lots of love!