028

Skinny Love

 

028
JESSICA'S POV


Ever since I walked in this school earlier this morning, everyone's been talking about me and Donghae and about our relationship. Of course, we would be the new talk of the student body, most probably the town or country. It but I need to get used to it for now. After all, it's all just for temporary besides, I'll be graduating soon. Just two semesters away and I'm done with school. Whoa, that's so nice to hear. 

But somehow, I don't want to leave my student life yet. I don't know, maybe I'll miss it when time comes? Probably. Then the thought of my future hit me. I was wondering what would happen to me in the near future? Take over the company that dad built, having loads of paperworks, getting married to Donghae. 

Married to Donghae. How nice it sounds. Since I was a kid, I dreamnt of getting marrried with someone I love. Yes, with someone I love. I never really wanted to be married with someone I barely know. Sure, Myungsoo's great but we don't fit. From the way I see it, we don't really fit to each other. Our fathers must be really paranoid or something that they set us up in this arranged marriage thing. Like Donghae have said before, arranged marriage is inevitable when it comes to business. Sure it is. But for me, I'll surely make it evitable.

As usual, hallways are always full of students chit-chatting, pranking and stuffs but as I made my way to the cafeteria, I can't help but to get conscious because of their stares and some were glaring at me. This is the reason why going to school today or probably this week is a bad idea. I'll be the talk of the student body, I'll be receiving glares and stares from everybody, I'll be asked what the hell is going on with my life, everything! Of course, they will talk about me. Talk about what's going on with my life! There are just some people who are nosy enough to interfere with your life.

Now, I'm thinking where Yuri could've been. She was just beside me earlier and then the next thing I knew was she's not there. Where is she when I needed her the most? You know, if only looks could kill, I would be surely lifelessly lying here on the cold hard ground I'm standing in. I don't even know if I'll come out alive in here.

The good thing is, I did come out alive from the ocean of people who did nothing but to glare and give me dirty looks like I'm a criminal. I don't know. Were they Donghae's fangirls? I swear I'll tell him about this. I understand that they thought everything between me and Donghae is gone already. They thought there's no us already but they thought wrong, for they'll excuse me. It might be in a secret for now but I'm still with their prince. Oh no, scratch that, he's just my prince and no theirs.

I walked in the cafeteria and immediately spotted where Tiffany and Siwon is. Good thing they're here already or else I could've just ran away from here because from the second I walked in, I am welcomed by glares and dirty looks again. Could this day get any worse? Argh, I so hate it. I haven't seen Donghae in a while and I really miss that baby bear of mine. I approached the couple's table, sulking.

"What's with the face?" Tiffany asked as soon as I sat. "You look... old." she laughed a bit but when I shot her a glare, she shut up. "Fine, I'll stop."

"Everyone's talking about you and Fishy, huh?" Siwon mentioned, earning a glare from me as well. But that didn't stop him. Oh I forgot, Choi Siwon doesn't get scared of me when I'm glaring. Grandpa Siwon, really. 

I sighed. "Of course, they will. They'll wonder how fast things happened between me and Donghae but really, I and Donghae are doing good. I just haven't seen him since this morning. Do you know where he is, by any chance?" I asked Siwon, smiling. Why do I feel like I'm being bipolar these days? Weird.

He took a bite of his pizza, chewed and swallowed it first before answering. "He's working on some reports and proposals with Qian for their thesis. He's been busy for the past few days, you know? It's a good thing that you two are still doing good." 

Tiffany suddenly sat up straight and looked at Siwon with a bugged face. "Qian? You mean Song Qian?" she asked.

I looked at Siwon and then at Tiffany and then at Siwon and vice versa. Siwon nodded as he took a bite of his pizza once again.

"Oh, the Chinese-girl!" Tiffany recalled. "She's a good friend! I met her once. Maybe in a meeting of an organization?"

I suddenly thought why should I know such thing? Yes, I sort of know the girl. I saw her with Donghae once and she's actually pretty and looked smart. But the thing that bothers me is that, the two of them, Donghae and Qian, are always together and the fact that they're partners in their thesis makes me worry. But I trust Donghae. I know he wouldn't do such thing that my mind says. Maybe I'm just really overthinking and being paranoid as well.

"I just noticed that these days, they're always together," Siwon added as he shrugged. "Maybe because they just wanted to finish the proposals early so that Donghae could be with you more often when time comes. What do you think, Sica?"

I just gave him a faint smile, a fake one. "Of course, that would be great!"

A part of me is worrying. How could I not? Doubts are starting to run round in my head. But no. I trust him. You trust him, Jessica. You trust him with all of you are. He loves you so much that he wouldn't do such thing. He wouldn't do that thing. He can't afford to lose you, right?

I sighed once again. Just a while ago, I was hungry but now, seems like I lost my appetite. I better just get ready for my next class or else I'll be late. I'll just talk to Tiffany or my mom or rather Krystal about this. I swear I would find a hard time once again if I didn't let this out. 

"I need to get ready for my next class." I told the both of them as I gathered my things.

"B-But you haven't eaten yet." Tiffany asked me. I gave her a smile.

"No, I'm okay. I just dropped by," I replied.

"I gotta go." I bid.

"See you later. Sooyeon!" Tiffany and Siwon waved at me as I started walking off. Just when I was about to exit the cafeteria, Donghae walked in. 

I froze, suddenly.

I wonder what he'll do.

I wonder what he'll do knowing the fact that we need to act like we're already gone, like we're sort of strangers because people are thinking that we broke up already. It was a good thing that people are buying that lie. But it was a bad thing for the both of us, me and Donghae. We both know that this would be hard for us but we chose to do this. He chose to do this for me.

I was looking at him when I saw him, shift his eyes on me. And what happened next?

None.

He just passed by me. He just look at me directly in my eyes and it's more than enough because I felt that he still cares for me. His expression was unreadable and sure, he's just acting and I was just acting. We were just acting like we don't care for each other anymore. That we don't give a single damn to our relationship anymore but from the way he looked me in the eyes, I knew he's still on track. We're still on track.

Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrate. I fished it out from my pocket and checked it out. It was a message from Donghae. It instantly made me smile. Guess how can he make me smile in just a millisecond. 

From: Baby D

Tiffany mentioned you didn't eat. Why? :( You're getting thinner these days. You better eat, alright? Love you. See you around. ;)

I was about to type a reply when another message came.

From: Baby D

I'll drive you home later. I'll be at your building at 6.

And just like a happy kid, I skipped through the hallways, trying to get to my next class as soon as possible with a lunatic smile formed on my lips. 

I must be really crazy. Crazy for Donghae.

 

 

Honestly, after seeing him in the cafeteria, I didn't see him around again. It , you know? I don't get to see him as much as I want to. He's always busy. I'm also busy. I just want to go back to summer where I get to be with him whenever and wherever I want. That summer. That summer when we both realized that we love each other. It's kinda cute that we both love each other yet we both don't have any idea that we do love each other just because we're both too shy to tell each other. I miss that summer vacation. But now, everything has changed though we remained the same. We're still together yet life keeps on keeping us away from each other. We don't always have the time to be with each other. But despite of all these hindrances, we remained strong and we will remain like this forever. We're indestructible. We're unbreakable and loving each other is something will do together 'til the end.

I glanced at my wristwatch and it says 6:45. Gosh, he's 45 minutes late and I can't help but to think if what if he forgot that he'll drive me home? Or maybe he ditched me? No! He can't do such thing. He'll remember me whatever it takes. I'm always filling up his mind so how could he forget? Maybe he's just finishing something important.

Seconds, minutes, probably an hour had passed and yet there's still no signs of Donghae. I sighed as I just decided to go home all by myself with a heavy heart when suddenly my phone beeped.

It was from Donghae, oh great for goodness' sake. Where on Earth are you?

From: Baby D

Princess! I'm really sorry I couldn't drive you home tonight. Maybe tomorrow. I'm still working on this stupid proposal for our thesis. I'm really, really sorry. I promise to make it up to you. I hope you'll understand, J. I love you, please don't forget that. Sorry, I couldn't drive you home. Really sorry.

I suddenly felt a sudden urge to throw my phone away as anger started to overcome my whole body. I freaking understand that he has to finish their proposal. I understand that he's busy but what I'm pointing here is that he gave me his word, he told me he'll drive me home, then he'll just text me that he couldn't do what he had told me earlier? He kept me waiting for him for an hour and yet he didn't show up but a text telling me he couldn't drive me home?

Yes, I was mad. I was so disappointed that maybe, he could've just not told me that he'll drive me home so I wouldn't be expecting and hoping that he would really do that. I got bored of waiting for him in here and now he didn't show up? Wow. What a great day to completely ruin my day. I'm so done with today and I don't know if I'm ready to face tomorrow because I feel like it's also going to be somewhat like this.

I was about to go when rain started pouring. 

"Oh, crap! DOES LIFE REALLY HATE ME THAT MUCH?!" I screamed from the top of my lungs as I let out all of my frustrations. Damn life, I'm so done with you.

I searched for my umbrella that I almost emptied my bag just to find but there's none. What the hell. I'm so doomed. How am I supposed to go home with this heavy rain? Aish, I really hate the sudden turn of events in my life. I hate my life, to be honest.

I sat down on the floor, crossing my legs as I tried to think of a way to go home. At first, I was waiting for the rain to stop but when it showed no sign of stopping, I lose hope. Then suddenly, I thought of an idea. I fished my phone out of my pocket and dialled Tiffany's number.

But it was out of reach. Great just great.

I tried to call Siwon but like Tiffany, he's also out of reach. 

"Where are my friends when I needed them the moooost?" I asked nobody as I threw tantrums right there like a kid. Good thing, no one's around. No, scratch that. It was a bad thing that no one's around. Now I couldn't ask someone to help me get outta here.

I tried calling everybody to come and pick me up but they're busy, some are really just out of reach, some numbers are already invalid or something. Then there's just one left in my phonebook that I haven't called yet. 

As much as I don't want to have any gratitude towards you but you're the only one I could ask for help now. Please, please, just please, help me.

I pressed the 'call' button as I waited for that someone to pick up thone phone.

Then he did.

"Hmm?" his lifelessly voice spoke. Well, he didn't even utter a word. Just a simple 'hmm', is that considered as a word? I don't think so.

"U-Uhm, Myungsoo?"

"From what I could sense you need something from me, go straight to the point, Sooyeon." his voice was firm but he sounded so calm. And take not, his voice sounds y oh-uhm, probably nice. Wait, what the hell is happening to me?

"How did you kno—," I cleared my throat. "Help me, please?"

"I'm no one's helper, Ms. Jung." he replied.

I rolled my eyes. I guess, I need to do some acting. "I-I'm shivering in here. I-I-It's so cold, M-Myungsoo. I-I n-need to get h-home but I d-don't ha-have an u-umbrella with m-m-me!" I sounded like I'm really cold, stutterring every word I could stutter to make him believe I'm really cold. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

"Why didn't you bring your car, then?" he asked. Why does he keep on making the conversation long instead of just agreeing with me?

"I-I-It's o-out of g-g-gas." I answered, stuttering, faking it. But heeey, my car's really out of gas. Wrong timing, eh?

I heard him sigh. "Fine, I'll pick you up. Where are you?" he asked.

I quietly cheered and jumped because he finally agreed. I'm jumping here like a happy kid that just got a new iPhone from her parents.

Then I told him where I am.

 

 

"Thanks Myungsoo!" I thanked him as soon as I got in his car. His car smelled lavender and he smelled like lavender. The scent of lavender filled the air it smells so good, actually.

"What are you still doing in there? It's like 8 in the evening and yet you're still there?" he asked as he started the engine and started driving.

"I was waiting for someone who didn't show up." I replied, sounding annoyed. 

He chuckled. "Who? Your boyfriend?"

I looked at him with wide eyes. "Are you a fortune teller or something?"

He just shrugged. He's driving with just one hand holding the steering wheel while he rest his head on his left fist, left arm resting. He drives like Donghae. And suddenly I thought about Donghae once again. By any chance, is he with Qian again? 

I shrugged the thought away as I looked outside the window. 

"The engagement party," he suddenly spoke causing me look at him. "This weekend. Have you already thought of something to wear?"

I chuckled. "It's none of your business, mister. Just wear a tux, that's all. I can manage with my dress."

"Fine, suit yourself." he replied and once again, silence filled the air as I watched where we're going. We're almost there in my apartment. I told him to turn left and he did.

"You're leaving in an apartment?" he asked as the car halted right in front of the building.

I nodded, gathering my stuffs."Yes, I'm living with my bestfriend. Is there a problem?"

He shook his head and flashed a smile. "Not much of a problem, Miss Jung."

I glared at him. "Stop calling me Miss Jung! You could always call me Jessica!" I told him.

He laughed at me causing me to glare at him even more. Seriously, what the hell is his problem? This guy is weird, I swear! And Soojung is weird too! I swear I'm gonna matchmake these two people and they'll just end up being together. Two weird kids together, yes.

"Neh, Jessica-noona." he replied like a five-year old kid.

I widened my eyes upon hearing him say that. "I'M OLDER THAN YOU?!"

He nodded as he smiled once again. I swear, can he still see me when he's smiling like that? He's smiling while his eyes are disappearing. But then, going back to the topic, I can't believe the fact that I'm older than him. 

"You're three years older." he replied.

And he's two years older than Krystal! Perfect match! Krystal likes someone who is older than her. 

"Whatever! Don't call me noona, you're making me feel like I'm getting old!" I snapped and was about to open the car door when he stopped me. 

"No, wait!" he stopped and went out of the car to open the door for me. Such a gentleman. Krystal will really love this weird kid.

"Thanks and thanks for helping me get home. I feel like I owe you something now." I thanked him sincerely, from the bottom of my heart. It's weird that it had stopped raining now but then, it's alright.

"It's nothing, glad to help." he smiled warmly.

"I guess I'll get going now," I told him. "Drive safely, alright? Goodnight!"

He nodded and turned his back on me but then he turned around once again. "I'll pick you up on Friday night. Eight o' clock sharp." 

He reminded me as he flashed a charming smile. I nodded as a response.

"Goodnight, Jessica." he said to me and went back to his car and sped off.

I watched his car disappear before going in. But then as I turned around, Tiffany welcomed me like a mother, hands on both side of her waist while giving me a look.

"I thought Donghae will drive you home tonight?" she asked me. I swear from how she sounds and looks, she's damn serious. 

I told her everything that happened today because she's demanding for a valid explanation about what she just had saw a while ago. I told her that Donghae didn't drive me home because he was busy. I told her that her phone was out of reach that's why I couldn't ask for help and that there's only Myungsoo to help me that's why he drove me home. That's just all about! 

"I told you to be careful, right?" she asked me. "Now, I'm telling you be careful again."

"I'm always careful, Tiff! What else do you want?" I asked her back, frustrated about everything. She's telling me to be careful not to fall in love with Myungsoo when I made it clear to her that I won't. In fact, I'm going to matchmake him with my sister! Isn't it being with Donghae enough for her to stop suspecting me that I'll develops feelings for Myungsoo?

"The thing is, you'll be seeing him more often than you'll see Donghae! Please don't forget that you have Donghae, alright? Please have the time to think of him whenever you're with Myungsoo." Tiffany replied. I didn't know, it just occured to me that we're actually arguing though not really as in, shouting at each other, but still arguing. Whatever.

Tears started to form in the corner of my eyes. Do I look like I'm not thinking of Donghae whenever I'm with Myungsoo? I always think of him. When I'm with Myungsoo I'm always thinking of Donghae. I kept her words in my mind that's why as much as possible I'm keeping myself away from the boundaries. I know my limits. Why is she doubting that? And time? I always have the time to think of him, maybe all the time to be with Donghae, for goodness' sake! If it wasn't for his thesis proposals I'll definitely be with him!

I stared at Tiffany as tears started running down to my cheeks. "Are you doubting me? Are you doubting my love for Donghae? Don't you know that I always think of him wherever I go? Goodness, Tiff! I always have the time to be with thim, to think of him! I could always be with him whenever I want to if he's not just busy every damn time! Please don't doubt me, Tiff," I begged. "Why don't you tell him what you just said to me right now? Remind him to don't forget that he has me. Please him to have time to think of me, to have time for me. And please," I cried.

"Tell him to please, as much as possible, keep himself away from liking his partner in doing their thesis like what I am doing to keep my word to you that I won't fall for Myungsoo."

Then I left her there, standing alone.

I entered the builiding, directly went to out apartment and locked myself in my room.

Up all night, I cried my heart out.

This is the worst day, I swear.

__________________________________

author's note


Tell me what you think of the 28th chapter by commenting, alright? What do you think will happen next? Stay strong Haesica! :) Anyways, this is another long update, I guess? Hehehe. Isn't that great? Haha! 

It's almost 2015 everyone! Advanced Happy New Year! :)

Thanks for reading and I hope you guys somehow liked it even though JeTi argued and there's some kind of problem with Haesica. :( Let's just find out what will happen next.

Thanks again. Lots of love <3