010

Skinny Love

chapter 010

JESSICA'S POV


We spent the rest of the night at the OC Fair Carnival Night. We enjoyed, played games, rode some rides and walked around. I don't what Donghae has but he seemed like to be a magnet to girls. Of course, there are still some girls who kept on saying 'hi' to him and he also says 'hi' back to them. Another girl ask for his number but I dragged him towards the La Grande Wheel.

Oh my, I'm afraid of heights but this is where my feet led me. There's no backing out, right? This is the only way to make him stay away from those girls.

"You're jealous again, aren't you?" he chuckled and put his arm around my shoulders.

I shook my head without looking to him. "No, why would I?"

"I was about to give my number to her when you--" I cut him off.

"YAH! You'll give it away just like that?! You don't even know her!" I scolded only to earn a laugh from him. Is there something funny? Obviously, there's none. I just made a point and now he's laughing at me?

"See? You're jealous. Don't worry, you have my number. You know I don't give my number to someone I don't know."

"Wait, do you wanna ride here?" he asked me, looking up to the huge ferris wheel above us.

I stared at him for a good minute then the next thing I knew was I was being dragged by him... towards the entrance of the big wheel. Omo omo, eommaaaa!

 

"Why are you only at the side?" he asked me. We're sitting across each other and I'm just here in the corner, hugging myself.

"I-I'm scared!! What is it to you?" I pouted. I tried to look down but damn, that scares me so much. I don't care how many times he says it's okay. IT'S NOT FREAKING OKAY!!

I closed my eyes. Oh my gosh, now we're on the top. Oh my, is this a goodbye? It felt like it's the end of the world. Omg omg omg!!!

I heard a laugh from Donghae. I opened my right eye and peeked in. He's enjoying, huh? This is not enjoying, for goodness' sake! This is scaring me to death like I would never be able to see the next sunrise.

"Silly, come here you." he told and reached for my hand. Omo omo.

I opened my eyes and the next thing I knew was he's already beside me. "Why are you scared? I'm here! You don't have to be scared! If you die from falling in here, I'll die too. Isn't that sweet?"

I hit his arm. "Ow!" he winced in pain.

"This is no joke, Lee Donghae! You know I'm scared of heights!" he earned a glare from me.

I closed my eyes again and suddenly, I felt him hug me. For the nth time tonight, he hugged me. Wow, it's almost countless, huh? This guy is getting every chances he could take.

"Why do you always hug me? Ew." I managed to stay sassy. Who knows he might speculate that I like him because I'm letting him be lovey dovey to me.

"Because I like warm hugs," he plainly answered as he buried his face on the back of my neck. , that tickles!

"Yah!" I yelled at him.

"Wae?" he answered in a bored tone, like he don't want to respond at all.

"Answer me properly!" I told him with a threatening voice.

"I answered it already, didn't I?"

"Oh gosh, I bet Heechul dragged you to the cinemas to watch Frozen. You're no Olaf!" I protested like a kid.

He laughed a bit, face still buried on the back of my neck. Dang it, it really tickles. "Yah, you're tickling me."

He removed his head from my neck and looked up to me. "I didn't know you were ticklish?"

I looked at him. He's staring at me and it's melting me like I'm an ice cream under the shining hot sun. I'm the ice cream and he's the hot sun like oh my gosh, I'll just let myself melt. Our eyes met. All I can see is sparks. Sparks everywhere, flying.

Then all of a sudden, his face leaned in closer leaving a two inches space between the two of us, between our faces. I can already smell his breath and his musky scent. He leaned closer and closer, an inch. He closed his eyes and so does mine. Our nose were almost touching...

Three.

And our lips are almost...

Two.

Almost...

One.

Suddenly, colors filled the nightsky. Fireworks. We parted from each other. He moved slightly away from me as we both looked away. A sudden awkward atmosphere filled the air. I tried to focus in the fireworks display but I just can't seem to forget what was supposed to happen just a while ago. If it wasn't for the fireworks we could be kis-. Uh oh.

What is this thing that makes me confused? By any chance, does he...? Could it be? Does he l-like me too? Why is this so confusing? He wouldn't be acting like this if he doesn't, right? But he's acting like he likes me, no, we're acting like one. I mentally facepalmed. Is this love?

I don't even know what's the difference between love and like. And now I don't even know if I still like him or I'm already in love with him. I need Tiffany or Heechul or a love expert. All I know is that I'm falling and I'm almost there. I'm just wondering if who or what will catch me. If it's Donghae or what's worse is, the ground.

"M-Mianhae," he apologized without looking to me.

I opened my mouth but there isn't a word that is coming out. What am I supposed to say, by the way? I'm doubting. I'm doubting if this is still a bestfriends' thing or a lovers' thing.

"G-G-Gwaenchanha." I stuttered.

We're both tongue tied. No one dared to break the silence between the two of us. Throughout the drive back to LA, we were silent. Then the next thing I knew was I'm already at Tiffany's front porch. Everything happened right after that doesn't seem to register in my mind. It took me a good two minutes before it hit me that we're already here and his standing right in front of me.

"So, uh, goodnight." he managed to say as he scratched the back of his head.

I nodded and lowered my head, I'm way too blushing. "Thank you for coming with me today, for keeping me accompanied."

I looked up to him, he's staring at me again.

"I-I'm sorry again for what happened earlier." he apologized once again.

"I already told you, it's okay. It's not a big deal, right?" I raised my eyebrows as I questioned him.

I found myself wishing he would say it is a big deal and tell me that he actually likes me but no, there's no way I'm going to make another assumption again.

Again, he scratched the back of his head and forced a smiled. "Y-Yeah, it's not big deal. Sorry for my actions lately."

I nodded and faked a smile.

"Goodnight Donghae." I told him.

"Goodnight, J." he replied as he took one step towards me and kissed the top of my head. Like he would always do when we were kids.

I smiled.

I watched him go inside his car and drive to the next few blocks. And when he was about to get inside of their house, he waved at me with a smile.

I smiled back.

"How ignorant can I be with my feelings, Donghae? I'll figure this thing out. Do I still like you or I'm already in love with you?"

I'll flgure this one out. I'll figure this out.

 

_______________________

A/N:  Thanks for reading and I hope you guys liked it! Go send your comments by commenting below! Lovelots :)