009

Skinny Love

chapter oo9


JESSICA'S POV

 

Travelling to the other side of the world is no joke. Sure, it's very tiring and err, very boring because you got nothing to do in the plane aside from sleeping, eating and talking. Thank goodness, Donghae's here to keep me entertained. I'm sitting next to him and next to him is another girl, just around our age, with her earphones tucked in her ears.

After who knows how many hours of talking with him, I fell asleep.

 

I don't know how many hours I had slept but when I woke up, Donghae's head was on my shoulders. He was wearing his specs and I swear he looked so cute with those. A blanket was wrapped around us as we were sleeping. Oh my gosh, we looked like a couple.

I glanced at the girl beside him and eventually, she looked at me as well. She gave me a smile and told me, "You and your boyfriend looked so cute!"

I blushed. Oh my, how I wish he's really my boyfriend.

I don't know what to say to her so I just thanked and gave her another smile as I bowed slightly.

I looked at the sleeping Donghae with his head on my shoulder. Damn, he really looked so cute and peaceful. His eyelashes, his lips, his nose, his forehead, his eyebrows, his... lips. I wonder how it feels to be kissed by him with those lips. , what am I thinking? Aish, erase, erase, erase.

I looked away. I looked at the window. It's dark. We left Incheon at exactly 9pm so maybe we'll arrive there at around 9:30am, same day. I can feel the heaviness of Donghae's head on my right shoulder but it's no big deal. I don't know where are we and I didn't want to bother to look at the time. I might get confused though. I still find the time zones confusing even though I travel from LA to Incheon and Incheon to LA often.

Then suddenly, an arm wrapped around me. Turns out, it was Donghae. Of course, it's him! I'm beside the window and him so there wouldn't be anybody else who will hug me. Wait a minute. Donghae's hugging me? He's hugging me?! Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I swear that I can't control myself anymore. Thank goodness before I could even squeal, the other part of my brain stopped me from doing so.

"J.." he called in a low voice.

I was startled when he called my name. Now I'm doubting if he's really sleeping or he's just pretending to be sleeping. But no, maybe half-asleep? Aish, whatever.

"N-neh?" I asked him while I lowered my head to him a bit.

"I'm feeling cold." he replied right away.

Cold? Ah, err, eotteokhae? Aish aish aish, what do people usually do when someone's cold? Oh my, I'm so stupid. Now I know why he often calls me stupid. What do I do? He has a blanket on and yet he's still cold? Seriously?

"But you have a blanket on already," I told him, almost whispering.

"I know but I'm still cold." he spoke. He's talking while his eyes are still closed. At first I thought he was sleeptalking but no, he's responding.

"Eotteokhae?" I mumbled and asked myself.

It took me a while to think of a way. I bet he's feeling bored already, but nah, he's still sleepy to feel bored. In the middle of thinking a way I suddenly yawned. Even when thinking of a way makes me sleepy.

Whatever, I'm gonna sleep.

I rest my head on top of his head and hugged him back. Yeah, we slept like that. Like a couple, eh?

 

 


"Oppa! Can we go to the OC Fair later? Carnival Night?" I was bothering Donghae, disturbing him from his sleep. He did nothing in the plane but to sleep and sleep that Tiffany kept on teasing us just because she caught us hugging each other while sleeping! No, more like cuddling and what's worse is she got an evidence! She took us a picture while sleeping and cuddling. Oh my, I'm in a deep .

"I want to sleep. Let's just go tomorrow!" he groaned and planned to go back to sleep.

But does he think that I'll let him pass? Of course, no! Tiffany refused to come with me because she needs to accompany Siwon and that's a valid reason. But Donghae? Sleeping? Doesn't sound like a valid reason because he's not tired at all. We slept throughout the ride in the plane! He's probably just feeling lazy.

"Ani! You're coming with me!" I insisted and nudged him.

"No, we're not. Can we just go there tomorrow? I'm too sleepy to go besides, aren't you sleepy?"

I huffed. "Fine! I'm going all by myself! And don't even bother searching for me just in case I don't get home!" I stormed out of his room.

Hah! In the count of three.

Three.

Two.

One.

"I'm coming! Yah, wait for me!" he shouted from his room.

Victory is mine again!!!

 

Few minutes after, we're on his car. Yes, Donghae's house is a few blocks away from Tiffany's. I'm staying in Tiffany's house while Siwon's staying in Donghae's. And tonight, Siwon and Tiffany are out on a date while there's me and Donghae, I don't want to call it, maybe a hang out? Or a friendly date? Whatever.

"Aish, really? From LA we're going to Orange County? It's a long drive!" Donghae protested.

I glanced and eyed him. "Long drive, my ! Stop protesting and just drive!"

What long drive is he talking about? It's just near and yet it's a long drive? How lazy can he be?

 


We got there at exactly 7:45. I was so excited to enjoy and play. I suddenly became a kid once again. I missed this! Just going here to enjoy and have fun, to relieve my stress. I'm so happy! Donghae took forever by just locking the door of the car and when he was done, I went towards him and wrapped my arms around his left arm and dragged him to the fair.

While we were walking, I was way too confused to the girls who are trying to get his attention. Some are waving at him, smiling like they're seducing him, someone even tried to get his number but he refused to but he just kept a cold attitude and a bored look plastered on his face. He even wrapped his arms around my waist so that no one would approach him.

But then there's this blonde girl who stopped right in front us and without acknowledging my presence, she tried to flirt with Donghae.

"Hi! My name's Willow, and you?" the blonde girl introduced herself without us telling her to do so.

I rolled my eyes as I looked away.

"Nice meeting you, Willow! I'm Donghae!" I heard Donghae introduced in English. Yeah, after all this year he still know his English.

I crossed my arms and pouted. Why does he have to introduce himself back? He could've just ignored that girl and walk away with me but.. argh.

"Oh hi, Donghae! So, are you a Korean or a Japanese? You look like an Asian!" that Willow-girl kept talking like I'm not here at all.

"I'm a Korean, actually." then here's Donghae who kept on talking back.

"Wow! You're good at English, huh?"

I rolled my eyes again. I was actually waiting for him or her to end the conversation but no one seemed like will do. I waited for another good minute. Damn, they're unstoppable. I went here to have fun, not to deal with this kind of situation.

"If only I could cover Donghae's face tch." I whispered to myself as I glanced at them for a while.

They seemed to be enjoying each other's company, huh? Aigoo, might as well leave here and just wait for him in the car. Or if ever I get too impatient, I'll leave him here.

"So, can I get your digits then?" Willow asked him.

They're getting in my nerves already! Well, not Donghae though. I can't stand seeing him with that Willow girl who is flirting with him! Ugh! Before I could hear him respond to the question, I walked off.

I huffed. "I'll just wait in the car! Damn, I just want to go home!"

I was half-walking half-running towards the car when I heard his voice calling out my name.

"Sica! Sica! Wait for me!!"

I stopped and turned around to see him running towards my direction.

"What?!" I asked, didn't mean to sound annoyed but oh well, I'm really annoyed.

"I thought you wanted to go here? And now you're leaving me? Yah, what's wrong?" He continuously asked me.

I rolled my eyes and continued walking.

"Yah, stop right there!" he commanded.

I was told by my parents that I should always be obedient. I don't know what got into me that I stopped. I'm usually stubborn but the note that my parents had told me to remember always hit me.

"What's wrong with you?" he asked.

"You don't care!" I replied immediately and tried to walk away but he quickly held a tight grip on my arm.

"What's wrong? Why are you being like that all of a sudden?" he asked me once again.

Suddenly it occured to me that yeah, why am I acting like this just like that? Am I perhaps...? NO! What the hell, I can't be! There's no way I should be!

"Are you... jealous, by any chance?" he questioned.

I was caught off guard.

I looked away and mentally slapped my face. It took me time to realize that I'm jealous and seconds after that I'm already caught? Wow, just wow. He really knows me, huh? He can read what my eyes say, he can read my face and expression, he can tell what I'm thinking. Is he even a human? Or perhaps an alien?

"Aaaay, you're jealous, aren't you?" I looked at him, his face seemed to brighten. He was grinning from ear to ear. From serious to lunatic one? How bipolar is he though?

"My J is jealous!" he kept on saying.

"Am I even yours for you to call me 'my'?" I muttered though he managed to hear it.

"Of course, you're mine! I'm yours, right?" he replied as he wiggled his eyebrows on me.

I blushed. Thank goodness it's dark but somehow I can still see his face.

"You are, of course! We belong together, right?" I responded sarcastically.

"C'mon here," he pulled me closer to him.

"A little bit closer, I want to hold ya." he told me in straight English.

I took one step then I was closer to him. Then he hugged me, real tight. It's suffocating but I don't mind. It's too tight but it's no big deal. All that matters is I'm in his arms, feeling safe and protected. All that I know is I'm in cloud nine. All that I'm aware of is I'm falling... harder.

It felt like tomorrow doesn't matter and yesterday was already forgotten. All you gotta do is to savor the present, live and enjoy it while it lasts. With him, hugging me right now felt like the happiest thing that has ever happened to me and I'm hoping that this wouldn't just be it. I don't know, I'm making another assumption perhaps. No matter how many times I tell myself to stop hoping, I couldn't. He's just making me fall in love with him even more.

And I hope, I hope that when I fall, he's right there to catch me. Because if he isn't, I don't know what to do. Well, I really hope he'll be there, come what may.

"Don't be jealous, okay? She's nothing. I'm just being nice on her. Don't be jealous already, okay?" he whispered right to my ear.

It tickled me somehow and it made me smile a little more. I nodded as an answer and buried my face on his chest.

"I'll always be your D, alright J?" he assured me.

"Alright."

_____________________________


A/N:  Hi everyone! I hope this update didn't disappoint you. I hope you guys liked it! If you want to say something you can post your comments below! Don't be shy, alright? I'll try to update soon ^^ Thanks for reading!