029

Skinny Love

 

029
THIRD PERSON'S POV

 

Jessica woke up by the sound of continuous raindrops. She turned to look at the windows to see the dark sky, crying out loud. It was raining so heavy that made the weather chilly. She started to feel cold and wrapped her whole body in the comforter. She turned to her side and almost jumped out of bed when she saw her reflection in the mirror. Her face is a mess, her hair is like a birds' nest. Then it occurred to her what happened last night.

She cried herself to sleep.

Tear stains were quite visible on her cheeks and her eyes were puffy and swollen. She thought of last night. Her argument with Tiffany, the ditching that Donghae did, Tiffany doubting her, everything. Usually, she receives text messages from Donghae every night but last night, he didn't send her any text messages. The only text message she received last night was from Myungsoo asking her if she got home safely. She was planning to talk to Tiffany that night but turns out, they had an argument.

She decided to get off of her bed to get ready for school. Even though it's raining cats and dogs. But then her phone beeped. Yuri had sent her a text message saying there are no classes that day because of the heavy rain. Jessica sighed in relief as she received the text message. However, she still did her daily routine. She wore sweatshirts that will surely make her feel warm. Right then, she wished Donghae was there. To hug her and make her feel warm in his arms. 

She looked outside the window while holding a cup of hot chocolate. "Cuddle weather," she whispered to herself as she thought of someone. Indeed a perfect weather for the both of them to cuddle but then Donghae has always been MIA (missing in action).

"Missing someone?" Jessica almost jumped, quite startled by a voice that interrupted her thoughts. She turned around to see Tiffany in her pink Mickey Mouse sweatshirt, looking like she just got up from the bed.

Jessica smiled a bit, nodded and put her attention back outside the window, drowning herself in thoughts once again. Tiffany sensed that maybe it's not yet the right time to talk to her after what happened last night. Sure, she hurt her with her words, she hurt her because she doubted her. She then realized that maybe she should give her bestfriend a time and probably some space for a while.

Once again, she thought of the problems she's facing right now. The engagement, her problems with Donghae, her studies, her dad. It's all giving her a lot of stress and all that she can do is to remain strong and find a way to get through with it. She hates it. There's always a problem lined up for her after solving a problem. She'd rather just solve word problems in Mathematics than solve her real problems in life. 

Yes, she's finding a really hard time to adjust with her instant new life. Since the engagement was announced, everything has changed. How she needs to be with Myungsoo often than her real boyfriend. How she needs to pretend that she's inlove with someone she barely know. How she needs to get through all of these just to have the happiness she's wanting.

Thinking about all the hardships she went through, tears started to form her eyes. Soon after, she found herself sobbing. She thought after all the hardships she went through, more and more challenges will still face her. Then it hit her that who is she kidding? Life has always been full of challenges and the only way to get through with it is to face and make a way to solve it. The thing is, she's getting tired of always struggling just to get herself through those problems. She's getting tired of all the s life is giving her.

Tiffany heard the sniffs Jessica's making and she figured out that she's crying. She went to approach her and hugged her bestfriend from behind, resting her chin on Jessica's shoulder. "Whatever is it, you know you can always tell me." she whispered to her bestfriend.

Jessica cried even more. She put down her cup of hot chocolate, turned to face Tiffany and hugged her back. She just cried in her bestfriend's arms. Last night, she was crying yet today, she's also crying. Tiffany could really say that Jessica's going through a lot and she didn't even think of that before arguing with her. No one really wanted this to happen to Jessica. She was just a girl who just wants to be happy yet all of the problems in the world seemed to love her that much that she kept on facing problems after another.

"Did you already forgot that you're Jung Jessica?" Tiffany asked, pulling away from the hug and placed both of her hands on Jessica's shoulders. "The Jessica I know is a strong woman. She can do everything. She can solve anything no matter how hard it is. She can always do what life has for her."

"I know how hard it is, Jessi. But you just have to hold on and keep the faith, alright? Whatever it is your problem with Donghae, fine, I'll talk to him but please, talk to him as well. Somebody has to knock some senses on him again." Tiffany continuously rubbed Jessica's back as she hugged her again. 

"Thank you," Jessica thanked Tiffany between her sobs and sniffs.

"Come on," Tiffany replied with a chuckle. "This is what bestfriends are for. You're always there for me, and I'm always there for you. We'll always be there for each other." Jessica smiled upon hearing those words coming from Tiffany.

"No, thank you, really. For everything." Jessica hugged her bestfriend once again. She doesn't know what to do if there's no Tiffany Hwang in her life. She's been a great big help to her ever since. And yes, they're always there for each other, helping one another and staying as bestfriends is something they will do 'til the end. Their unbreakable bond is surely indestructible.

Tiffany pulled away and smiled at her. "I love you, Jessi!"

"Awww, I love you too Tiff!" Jessica replied as she wiped her tears away from her face. Tiffany could notice Jessica's swollen and puffy eyes. She pitied her bestfriend. She's surely going through a lot these days and what's happening between Jessica and Donghae is really making it worser.

"So, what do you want to do in a rainy Tuesday morning?" Tiffany asked her, hands on her waist like a mother.

Jessica smiled widely. "Girls talk!"

 

"How is it going between you and Siwon, Tiff?" Jessica asked in the middle of their conversation. Tiffany's smile grew wider. It's like everything's smooth for Siwon and Tiffany that sometimes Jessica's feeling envious about their relationship wishing everything's also smooth for her and for Donghae. Siwon has always the time for Tiffany no matter how busy he is, he's always with Tiffany, a week would never pass without them going out on dates and the fact that Tiffany has no problems like hers really made it possible that everything will be alright for them. But for Jessica, she's still wishing that everything will turn out good no matter what happens.

"We've always been good, Jess! He's acting more sweet towards me and you know what? He's invited in your engagement party and so we're coming!" Tiffany told her the news. 

Jessica's expression changed upon hearing the engagement party. Up until now, she doesn't know what to wear. Of course, it'll always be formal. She doesn't know what's going on since her dad's preparing and organizing everything for her and Myungsoo. Her mother is also helping for the wedding preparations, much to her disagreement but her husband begged her.

"Oh sorry. Are you not comfortable talking about it?" Tiffany asked when she noticed the sudden change in Jessica expression.

Jessica faked a smile. "It's alright. I'm kind of having a problem with it as well. I was just thinking of something to wear. Gosh, I really need to do some shopping!" 

Tiffany raised her brows, quite interested when she heard the word 'shopping'. "Well then," she started. "Would you like to go shopping?"

"You've got to be kidding me, it's raining cats and dogs, I wouldn't dare to go out. It's cold." Jessica refused as she hugged herself.

"What's the use of car if you're not going to use it anyway?" Tiffany asked, smirking.

"Well, sorry. Mine's out of gas." Jessica replied, smirking as well. Aiming for another victory.

"Why? Were you the only one who got a car?" And that's it, Tiffany won.

"Ugh, fine!" Jessica sighed as she stood up. "Go get changed and please, go shower. You looked like you've just got up from the bed."

"Fine, fine, fine!" the both of them headed to their respective rooms and within an hour, the both of were already dressed, quite wrapped with coats and jackets and cardigans and even scarves because of the chilly weather outside. Soon, they left their apartment and headed to the shopping mall.

 

After hours of picking and finding a dress, Jessica has finally found the perfect dress for the engagement part and so did Tiffany. The girls took so long in finding a dress and despite the heavy rain, they still invaded the shopping mall. Well, no one can stop the both of them when it comes to shopping even if it's rain or whatsoever. The both of them got tired of searching and didn't noticed that they already spent six hours just to find a perfect dress for the both of them. Tiffany's stomach growled, making Jessica laugh a bit. The girls decided to eat since they're feeling hungry as well. They decided to go to the coffee shop they always go nearby their university since they feel like having a coffee and of course, doughnuts. With that kind of weather, of course, they'll crave for some doughnuts and coffee.

Tiffany drove all the way from the mall into the coffee shop. The girls shared many stories all through the way like they always have something to tell each other. Well, basically, they never run out of stories to tell. They even talk about nonsense things, telling each other some jokes that they'll laugh at. The both of them realized that it really is nice to have someone to do crazy stuffs. It's very nice to have a bestfriend who can understand you, laugh with you, be crazy like you, everything.

Right then, Jessica suddenly missed her younger sister, Krystal. Although she knows she's not really her biological sister, in her heart and mind, she'll always be her Little Soojungie. She's been apart from her for quite a long time already. With Krystal studying abroad while her unnie's here, finishing her studies, sure it makes Jessica miss her and so does Krystal. Just a few months from now, it'll be Summer again and she'll see Krystal again and they'll bond again with Tiffany. They've always been the California girls. Krystal's studying at New York and last Summer, she didn't go back to Korea or in LA to spend the vacation. She was too busy that time as she reasoned out. But then, this coming Summer, she promised her sister that she'll be going back to Korea and that means, Jessica's plan of matchmaking her sister still goes on.

As if Tiffany knew what was she thinking, she suddenly spoke. "Does Krystal know that her unnie's getting married?" 

Jessica nodded. "Yeah, she knows."

"So how did she take it?" Tiffany asked again.

"She's surprised? I don't know but yeah, she's surprised. She really doesn't want me to get married either. She's always telling me that I shouldn't marry as soon as possible." Jessica answered as she chuckled, remembering Krystal who almost begged her not to marry someone at such an early age.

"But you know what, when I saw Myungsoo last night, you guys did look good. But here's the thing, I know someone who will really look good with him," Tiffany said, thinking of Krystal. Jessica's thinking the same as well.

"Krystal." the both said simultaneously. The both of them looked at each other, smiling at each other like an idiot. Then suddenly, Jessica hit Tiffany. "Yah! Eyes on the road!"

Tiffany then focused on driving while talking to Jessica. "Right? The both of look good with each other!"

"I'm planning to matchmake them. Are you in?" Jessica offerred and smirked as she crossed her arms like a boss.

"For a matchmaker like me, of course, I'm always in." Tiffany agreed and the both of high-fived as they make their way to the coffee shop.


Tiffany halted the car in front of the coffee shop. The both of them didn't bother to bring an umbrella as they both ran inside of the coffee shop as soon as possible so they wouldn't be drenched. They made their way into the coffee shop and ordered some coffee for them to feel warm somehow and doughnuts to fill their hungry belly. As their order came, silence filled the air as the both of them enjoyed their food. 

It is starting to get dark when the both of them finished their doughnuts and coffee. The two of them were just busy chitchatting when the entrance door chimed suddenly, causing all the customers to turn their heads to the door. A familiar guy stood at the entrance door of the coffee shop. 

It was Donghae. 

It's like destiny's finding it's own way for the two of them to patch things up. Tiffany thought to herself as she planned to leave so the two of them could talk. She knows those two would talk to each other. They'll patch things up. After all, they both love each other. 

"Love really find its way," Tiffany smiled sweetly as she gathered her stuffs. "I'll get going. Since he's here, you guys need to talk. I'll be taking the paperbags home so don't worry about it. Just talk to him, alright?" she smiled at Jessica who gave her nothing but a faint smile and a nod.

"Good," she thumbs-up-ed. "Goodluck, J. Better fix things with him. See you later," Tiffany bid goodbye before walking off. Jessica saw her approach Donghae. Probably to tell him that Jessica's over there, better talk to her. Donghae was surprised to see her there at first when Tiffany told him but then he nodded and thanked Tiffany. Tiffany left the coffee shop, speeding off.

Donghae went to where Jessica is and sat across her. She remained silent, remembering what he did last night. She somehow had calmed herself already but still, a part of her still hates him for doing that. He shouldn't just tell her that he'll drive her home last night that she wouldn't expect and assume that he will. But then, she somehow understood how busy he was that night. It's a good thing that Jessica's understanding and patient. She has always been like that. She's too nice but when she's really becoming impatient, she'll get mad and she's just going to cry.

Donghae reached for her hand and squeezed it. "Are you mad at me?"

Yes, how could I not be?

Donghae sighed as she looked at her apologetically. He knew she's mad for what he did last night. I know she's feeling odd because of his tight schedule. He's aware that he has been very busy with his studies lately until last night. In fact, he finished their thesis proposal last night to have some quality time with his girlfriend. 

He saw how hurt she was. He understand if she hates him or if she's mad at him. He knew what he did and he's sorry to her. "I'm sorry, J. I'm really sorry if I broke my promise. I was just busy and—"

"Of course, you're busy. You're always busy." she interrupted him as her voice crack, she's almost in tears and he can't do anything. He can't move. He can't even speak. Sure, she's really hurt.

"I know, I know. In fact, I finished all my thesis proposals last night so for the next few weeks, I'll be with you." He explained as she slowly looked up to him. A smile formed on his lips.

"Really?"

He nodded as a smile slowly crept on Jessica's face.

"So, are we okay now?" he asked, hoping. But he knows to himself that she'll give in. She couldn't resist him. She loves him that much and he loves him like she does. He doesn't know why but even after all this time, she's still good at making a person's heart beat so fast.

She nodded like a cute kid and smiled at him widely. She can't help but to smile. She missed seeing his handsome face. She cupped his face for a good minute. She really missed the guy in front of her. How much she wanted to kiss him but they're in the public place. For sure, rumors will spread if someone sees them. Good thing, there are only few people in the coffee shop and their table is quite out of sight. 

How long will they stay like this? How long will they hide?

"No matter what happens, we'll hold onto this relationship, okay? Don't give up on because I have no plans of giving you up as well." Jessica told him, looking directly to his brown orbs.

He helf her hand which is placed on his cheek as he stared at her pretty face. "I won't give up on you, on us and neither will I let go of you. I'll hold onto this relationship forever, J. I will." he assured her as he flashed an assuring smile.

"Promise?" she asked, alsmot a whisper.

Donghae flashed a smile as he wiped the forming tears in her eyes. "I promise."

"Thank you, baby bear." Jessica thanked, whispering as she closed her eyes for a good minute.

"No, I should be the one thanking you. For understanding me and being so patient to me. I'll always be thankful to you and not just you but to God for giving me someone like you."

Jessica hit his shoulder lightly. "You're making me blush!" she laughed a bit. 

"I love you, J." he whispered to her ear.

His breath tickled her ear that made her giggle a bit. "Love you too, baby bear!" she replied as she leaned in and kissed his nose.

"New endearment? Baby bear?" he chuckled. 

The both of them let go of each other. They just stared at each other, smiling at each other like a lunatic couple. Jessica felt good. She missed him, she missed these moments with him. And the fact that he finished all his thesis proposals just to be with her took away the hate she has for him. After all, there's no way she could stay mad at him. She loves him that much for her to be mad at him. She missed him so much that all she wants to do was to hug him for a long time.

Suddenly the atmosphere turned serious as Jessica remembered something. It really bothers her so asking him wouldn't kill, right? After all, she has all the right because he's her Baby D. 

"Uhm, you said your thesis proposals are all finished," Jessica started and earned a nod from Donghae. "So that means you and Qian are already done?"

Much to her disappointment, she saw him shook his head as a response. "It's just a proposal, J. We haven't defended it yet. Once our professor approved it already, we'll be having our defense and that's it." he answered. "Why?" he asked right after.

Jessica hesitated for a while. She was planning to tell him what she had told to Tiffany last night when they argued. But then, she suddenly remembered that she trusts him. 

Jessica smiled. "We won't be seeing each other often, D. I want you to trust me and hold onto me just like how I trust you and just like how much I'm holding onto you." she's smiling as she looked down, trying to prevent the threatening tears from falling. She looked uponce again, sighing as she smiled widely. "I just want you to know that whenever I'm with him, I always think of you. Whenever I'm with him, you're the only one I could ever think of. Please, don't have any doubts. I love you with all that I am. I'll get through with this. Myungsoo will help us, Tiffany and Siwon will help us, Mom will help us, your brother could help us, Soojung will help us. Let's trust each other more, alright?" she asked.

He nodded as he smiled at her, assuring her. "I may have doubted at first but with you, clearing it all to me now, I won't, from now on. I trust you even more than you think. I'll hold onto you forever, right? We'll hold onto each other forever. It could be raining now but at the very end of this, there's always a rainbow after the rain. We'll get through this as long as we stay strong. We'll stay strong, J. We will always stay strong." he held her hand, never wanting to let go.

Her tears started to stream down her face once again. "And please, don't fall in love with Qian, alright?" she cried like a kid.

Donghae laughed at her silly girlfriend a bit. "Why would you even think of that? I will never, okay? I only love you. Nothing but you. Please trust me too, J. Don't doubt me as well. Let's not doubt each other. It's not healthy." he told and wiped her tears away. "Please don't cry. You know how much I hate it when you're crying."

She wiped her tears as well with a tissue paper and laughed a bit. "You're always making me cry!"

"Really?" he asked, smiling. "Well then, I'm sorry for making you cry, Baby J." 

"I love you, D." Jessica uttered, staring right into his eyes.

He flashed a charming smile. "Ditto."

_______________________________

author's note

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!! And since it's new year, here's another long update! :) Hope you guys liked it.

And don't forget to leave a comment, alright? Don't be shy to comment!
Also, thanks to those who upvoted and subscribed also to those who are commenting! I love ya guys! Thanks for reading my story :D

Have an awesome 2015, have a blaaast!