013

Skinny Love

chapter 013

THIRD PERSON'S POV

 

Gathering all his courage was hard for him and he knows to himself that confessing his feelings is way harder. But there is no way he'll back out. He already gave his word, didn't he? Thinking of a way to confess was way too hard for him than he thought it would be. Right there he realized that this confessing thing is really a big deal and he should put a lot of effort in this even if there might be a chance that all of his efforts he put will only be wasted. But who knows this effort might lead to a success? Donghae is learning how to be optimistic. Sure, he needs to be one. After all these years, he's trying to down himself just because he always think about the negative side instead of the positive ones. Thanks to Siwon for mentally knocking his head on the wall, now he's enlightened. With Siwon's words, he learned so much from them. It gives him hope. It gives him the hope that maybe he has a chance. That maybe, there could be really something.


This confession thing has been stressing the hell out of him. But no, there's no way he'd stop from thinking of a way. Because maybe, after these hardships he's suffering as of the moment, might turn into happiness, or could be to be in relationship? He smiles to himself as he thought about having a relationship with Jessica. Of course, he wants that to happen. For a guy like him who really loves his bestfriend, not just as a bestfriend but something more than that, of course it's really nice to think that the two of them ended up being together.


Confessing to her seemed scary for him but he tried to think that if he let this opportunity pass, it might lead to the point where in she'll date a new guy just because he's too shy to confess and just decided to keep it to himself. Sure, regret will take over him. He just can't wait for forever to fess up. Because things wouldn't fall to it's right place if he doesn't make a move. But then again, the same question filled up his mind.

"What if she rejects me?"

The question bugged him throughout the day that he just decided to call Siwon on the phone just to ask him. Apparently, Donghae has no idea about all this stuff. But he needs to know all of that, not just because he needs to but because he wants to.

"Why are you calling in the middle of the night? Are you a nocturnal creature or what?" irritation was sensed in Siwon's voice when he picked up.

"What if Jessica rejects me?" Donghae asked directly to point.

Siwon sighed. "Don't be afraid of rejections, okay? I told you, it's not like you're wooing her right away. You'll be just telling her what you feel towards her and if she feels the same then, bingo! But if she doesn't..." Siwon paused and seemed to think of something to say. "sure, it'll hurt but of course, you don't have to let yourself be carried away by the pain. Make a move, make her fall for you."

Donghae got his answer. "Thanks and by the way, I'm sorry for calling you in the middle of the night and for abruptly interrrupting your sleep. Thanks again, you're a big help."

"Yeah, fine, no big deal, whatever. Bye." Siwon ended the call first.

"It's gonna be okay, Hae. It's okay. You don't have to stress yourself just... relax." Donghae tried to soothe himself by talking to himself.

"After all, it's not a bad thing to fall in love with me, right?" he asked himself.

He groaned and threw himself on the bed as he tried to sleep. And after several times of rolling on the bed, he managed to have a good sleep.

 

 

"I knew it! I knew you have something for her! I knew it!" Tiffany exclaimed. Her loud voice filled the place and it seemed like she got a few attention from the people around the coffee shop they are in.

"Yah jagiya, will you tone down your voice? Who knows Jessica might come anytime?" Siwon told his girlfriend.

"She's not going here, anyway! Besides, it's too early for her to wake up, you know?" Tiffany reasoned as she defended herself.

"But still! Who knows? She knows this place! Donghae and Jessica often go here. Right, Hae?" Siwon told and asked the silent guy across them.

Donghae couldn't say anything because his mind seemed to be filled with thoughts. He only managed to give a nod as his answer and went back to thinking.

"Fine, I'm sorry." Tiffany pouted and covered so that she couldn't be able to talk again.

Siwon diverted his attention to Donghae who is zoning out. He really thinks that Jessica might have influenced the hell out of his buddy that he keeps on zoning out lately. His mind has been filled with thoughts for the past few days and he really seem bothered for quite a while now. It makes him worried somehow.

"Don't worry, Hae. I and Siwon got your back. We'll help you throughout this confession thing. Who knows, she likes you too?" Tiffany who seemlike giving some hints, told Donghae. Good thing is, her hints are too vague and too common for people to say when it comes to this case.

But then, Siwon began to wonder. "By any chance, is she mentioning someone whom she likes lately to you? Because you know, girls usually talk about guys whom they like to each other."

Tiffany was quite stunned upon hearing her boyfriend's question. She looked at Donghae who seemed to be waiting or her answer as well. Of course, they're interested about the question and the fact that she's the girl closest to Jessica, the guys thought that maybe Tiffany knows something.

Tiffany thought for a while and answered. "She's been mentioning someone for quite a long time now."

The guys got even more interested. Donghae, who has no idea if it's him or he has a rival. But one thing's for sure, he's assuming that it's him. However, it makes him worried as well. Here goes the what if's questions in his mind.

"Who is it, then?" Siwon curiously asked.

Tiffany shrugged. "I don't know. She always keeps his name away from me. But she gave him a codename though."

"What is his codename then?" Siwon and Donghae simultaneously asked.

"Stupid," Tiffany told and giggled as she answered Donghae's question.

Siwon and Donghae frowned.

"Yah, we're not stupid!" the guys replied in unison once again as they crossed their arms.

Now it's Tiffany's turn to frown and within a second, she's laughing so hard like there's no tomorrow waiting for her.

"I didn't say you guys are stupid! What I mean is that the guy's codename Jessi's been mentioning lately is 'Stupid'." Tiffany cleared out and laughed out loud again.

Siwon nodded as Donghae lowered his head. He knows to himsel that there's a possibility that it could be him and there's also a possibility that he he's not. But as Siwon had told him, he tried to look at the bright side and convinced himself that it might be him. After all, it could be him.

"I know what's going on in his mind. Look, he's out again." Siwon commented while staring at Donghae who is out once again.

"What?" Tiffany questioned.

"The possibility that he could be Stupid." Siwon answered with a smirk.

Tiffany chuckled and looked away. "He is Stupid." she whispered to herself. Good thing, no one heard her say that or else she might ruin the plan.

"Why don't you tell it to her today?" Siwon suggested.

Donghae lift his head up with widened eyes, shock was seen on his face. Tiffany, on the other hand, gave a thumbs up as a sign of agreement to her boyfriend's suggestion.

"Today?!" Donghae asked as he widened his eyes even more.

"Shhh!" Tiffany hushed as she placed her index finger on her lips.

Donghae was unaware of his tone that he just realized that he said that in a loud voice. Donghae rolled his eyes and mumbled, "As if she's not loud,"

"Yah!" Tiffany kicked his foot under the table.

"Ow!" Donghae winced in pain.

"Ah jinjja! Stop it you guys!" Siwon told with irritation. Tiffany and Donghae stopped and rolled their eyes at each other.

"As I was saying, it wouldn't be bad if you're gonna tell it today. Because you know, Jessica has way too many suitors and you're lucky enough that she hasn't picking one yet." Siwon continued as they went back to the main topic.

"That's a great idea, Hae. Who knows that Taecyeon guy might talk to her anytime or that Jaejoong one who keeps on bugging her? Go on and be the first one! Besides, she's too comfortable when you're with her!" Tiffany told him, trying her best to convince Donghae that she even told it with a convincing and persuading tone.

"Ah really. Why today? Why not tomorrow? I'm not even prepared!" Donghae reasoned.


"Sometimes, you don't have to be prepared at all." Tiffany answered.

"And why today, you ask?" Siwon started. "Because it's now or never."


Two pair of eyes are now looking straightly at Donghae. Both waiting for his answer. Both wanting him to agree. Half an hour has passed since they told it to him and he seemed like not going to respond anytime soon.

Tiffany sighed in boredom.

"Just do it, Donghae. You're gonna do it, anyway!" she said.

"Fine, fine, fine! Do I have a choice? It seems like the two of you won't let me get out of this cafe without saying a word." Donghae gave up and finally agreed to their suggestion, much to Tiffany's happiness.

Tiffany clapped as she giggled while Siwon's bored face immediately turned into a bright one.

"I hope everything will turn out good!" Tiffany wished.

 

 

"Fany-ah? What are you doing? Why are my clothes are in a mess?" Jessica asked as she wondered why are there so many clothes of her on her bed. She just woke up from a 16-hour sleep and waking up to find her clothes in a mess is so not a good reason for her to have a good morning err after noon?

"Finding some clothes for you, dear." Tiffany answered from where her closet is.

"Clothes for me? Fany, I can manage." Jessica told her as she got up from her bed and went towards Tiffany's direction.

"Nah, you're going somewhere." Tiffany stopped Jessica from stopping her find a perfect dress for Jessica to wear.

"Somewhere? Why and where?" Jessica began to be confuse. As far as she's concerned, she doesn't have any appointments or meetings with people. And the fact that it's summer makes it more reasonable.

Tiffany stopped and faced her.

"Donghae didn't tell you?" she asked Jessica.

"Tell me what?" the confused girl asked back. A confused face was plastered on her face and that's all you can see.

"He told me you guys are meeting in two hours." Tiffany answered as she turned around to continue searching.

Jessica panicked.

Why didn't he tell her? Why does he have to tell it to Tiffany? Why does he want to meet me? Did he miss me? Questions like that filled her mind. She grabbed her phone from the table beside her and saw that Donghae had missed a call and sent her a message;

J, meet me at _______ Park four hours from now, alright? See you. :)

The message was sent two hours ago and now she only have two hours to get ready. Of course, she'll meet him but the fact that she doesn't know why she has to meet him outside makes her wonder. He could've just go in their apartment or he could've just told her to come over to his apartment. But whatever the reason is, she'll go.

"You're right, he's going to meet me. I better get ready." Jessica said and finally believed Tiffany. Just in cue, Tiffany showed her the perfect dress Jessica's going to wear.

"Seriously Fany, you don't have to find me a dress. It's not a date or whatever." Jessica spoke.

"Whatever, Baby J. Just wear it." Tiffany threw the dress and Jessica caught in just in time.

"Fine!"

 

Tiffany clapped her hands and whispered something to herself.

"I wonder what will happen? Who knows maybe when she get home, the two of them are finally together? Kyaaah~!"

"Jessi! Faster, okay? You don't want to be late and let Stupid wait for you, right?" Tiffany shouted and giggled.

Jessica just laughed, feeling excited, happy and giddy all at the same time. She just can't wait.

________________________

Author's Note:  Classes resumed already and I don't think I'll update like everyday or every two days :( But I'll try to update as soon as I can and if I find a time. Hope it didn't disappoint you guys, apologies. :( Anyway, I hope you liked the thirteenth chapter. What do you think will happen next? Go and send your comments below!! You know how much I love seeing your comments haha! Thanks for reading and wait for the next chapter, okay? Lots of love!

Just keep on commenting hahaha!