025

Skinny Love

 

025

THIRD PERSON'S POV


"Why didn't you tell me you're engaged already?" 

That was the first thing that Jessica had heard from him ever since the shocking news came out earlier that day. It left her completely stunned and tongue-tied. She has no idea what and how to reply to such question like that. How can he expect her to tell him that she is when she's not even aware that she's actually engaged to someone? Words were running round her head. She doesn't know what to say, totally speechless.

"Ah, right. How could I forget?" she heard him say. "Arranged marriage, isn't it?"

She sort of hesitated for a while before she decided to nod in which he responded with a heavy sigh. He didn't see that coming. Sure, it is definitely sure to happen considering their families are part of the business industry in the country.

"Kim Myungsoo, am I right?" he asked.

Again, she nodded her head, thinking that maybe all that she could do during their conversation is to nod.

She saw him nod a bit through her peripheral version. "I met him twice. First, it was during a business conference that I went with my father and Sunny and second, during his father's birthday."

Jessica looked up to him. He was not facing her, instead, he was facing the wall. His expression was unreadable. Not that he's usually easy to read, well, there are times that he is and there are also times that he's not. And as of that moment, he's unreadable. She doesn't know what's going through his mind. She doesn't know what he'll do next and it's scaring the hell out of her.

"He's great. You two perfectly fits," A hint of jealousy was heard in his voice. Of course, he'll be jealous. He himself doesn't know what to feel but Jessica knows he's just saying those words because he still know nothing. Everything should be clarified to him for he's also suffering.

"Y-You don't know a thing! I-I never wanted this! I-I—" Jessica was in the midst of speaking out for herself when someone interrupted her.

"Yes, she has nothing to do with the arranged marriage, Donghae."

The both of them, Jessica and Donghae, turned to look to the person who suddenly spoke. 

"Eo-Eomma," Jessica muttered. Mrs. Jung kept her eyes locked on the two of them. She knows to herself that Jessica might need her despite knowing that her daughter can stand up for herself. She went because she's sorry to her daughter and by staying by her side is the least thing she could do for her Sooyeon.

"It was all her father's plan. Of course, it's still about business. Myungsoo's father is one of Jangwon's great and favorite business partner, actually. They're bestfriends. But I didn't expect him to come up with something like this. Neither between the two companies are in the midst of bankruptcy as far as I'm concerned. I just don't know why the two of them decided to merge our families." Mrs. Jung started to explain.

"And as for Sooyeon, she's never been informed about this. She just knew today as well. I was completely surprised when it came out to the public when Jangwon told me that he'd inform you first." Jung Soojin looked directly at her daughter's eyes.

Jessica creased her eyebrows, confusion was written all over her face. "W-Wait," she looked at her mother with confused eyes. "Y-You knew about this? All along, you knew about this?!"

Mrs. Jung was a bit startled when Jessica suddenly raised her tone to her but she didn't mind. She knows how bad her daughter's feeling. She knows how devastated her daughter is.

"I-I'm.. I-I'm waiting for the right timing to t-tell you u-until the news came out earlier." Mrs. Jung stammered.

Jessica tried her best to prevent herself from crying not until her tears fell from her eyes one by one. "I-Is that why you suddenly became all so caring to me? Is that why you're being all good to me? W-Was it just an.. an act?" 

Jessica was hurt with her own words and so was Mrs. Jung. But the truth is, her mother really wanted to patch things up with Jessica after all the realizations that Krystal helped her with. Mrs. Jung is really thankful to Soojung for it wasn't for her, she wouldn't have went this far. Unfortunately, only to be ruined by her ex-husband, Jangwon.

"No! I am truly sincere when I apologized and I really care for you, Sooyeon. Please don't misunderstand. Jangwon just talked to me when he heard from Soojung that we're now in good terms. He asked me a favor and I—"

"You didn't know what came into you that you agreed?" Jessica completed the sentence for her in a questioning tone. "The thing is, I don't know why you didn't mention him that I'm currently in a relationship with someone and that he is interfering with my life? I don't care if he says that he wants the best for me. For goodness' sake, I'm sick of those words!"

"Do you think there'll be a change if I mentioned him that you're with Donghae? No. Myungsoo, himself, has a girlfriend but it didn't stophis father and Jangwon. And the fact that you still don't know what's Jangwon's capable of made me not to mention it!" Mrs. Jung replied. She turned her eyes to Donghae. "And I don't want Jangwon to take your happiness away from you, Sooyeon."

She returned her eyes to her daughter. "I may not be your true mother, Jessica. But I promise you, I'll do my best to make it up all to you. I will protect you from Jangwon. I'll help you two. I'll help the two of you."

Jessica's face softened. "How? In what way?"

Mrs. Jung held his daughter's hands. "We'll find a way, Sooyeon. If there's a will, there's a way." she gave her daughter a comforting smile.

She looked at Donghae and motioned him to come closer in which he did. Mrs. Jung reached for his hand and placed it on top of Jessica's hand. She just made the two held hands again. She smiled in satisfaction as she looked at the perfect entwined hands of her daughter and her lover.

Mrs. Jung suddenly remembered something. "Tiffany once mentioned me that the two of you call each other Baby J and Baby D?" she asked the young couple while chuckling.

Jessica and Donghae blushed in embarrassment, standing frozen. Whilst, Mrs. Jung stood infront of them, laughing at the red faces of the cute couple in front of her as if she's watching a rom-com movie. 

"Well then, Baby J and Baby D? Can you accompany Mama Jung to Grill5Taco?" she asked the younger ones with a wide smile on her face, trying to ease the atmosphere.

"N-Neh?" Donghae asked, quite surprised that Jessica's mother wanted to eat at their restaurant.

Mrs. Jung nodded and walked off fist, leaving the two alone.

Jessica nudged Donghae on the shoulder. "She really love the place and the tacos. It's her favorite." she smiled cutely at him and started walking towards the lift.

Donghae was left standing there, surprised and quite happy upon hearing what Jessica had said.

Jessica stopped from her pace and turned to look at Donghae. "Yah, Baby D! Aren't you coming?"

Donghae flashed a smile after hearing her call him Baby D again. He started walking towards her and when he's finally beside her, Jessica clung her arm around his arm and leaned her head on his broad shoulder.

"I missed my Baby D." Jessica muttered as the both of them started walking and riding the lift to follow Mrs. Jung.

"But I missed my Baby J more." Donghae replied with a smile on his face as he kissed the top of Jessica's head.


_____________________________

author's note

Baby D and Baby J are finally back!! Tell me how the 25th chapter went, alright? Don't be shy and post a comment (I don't bite haha!). By the way, Happy Christmas everyone! Enjoy the holidays~ 

I want to thank all my readers, to those who upvoted, to those who still read and to those who support. I know I seldom update but you guys remained patient to wait for me to update and I really want to thank all of you for that. You see, being busy is really inevitable but I update whenever I have time and when I come up with something. Thanks to all of you! Merry Christmas and have an awesome 2015! Saranghae! <3

 

PS: I don't know if it's short or long or really just short so sorry if it's just a short update hehe