034

Skinny Love

 

033.5
THIRD PERSON'S POV

 

A month had passed and everything between Donghae and Jessica seems to be going well. They learned how to manage their time well and they’re able to see each other more frequently now. And guess what? Their Fridates (Friday date) are also back! The both of them don’t seem to mind the major problems (which is Jessica’s engagement) they have. They seldom go out on dates, totally careless about the paparazzi lurking somewhere. And as for Myungsoo, he weighed some things to himself and needed a peace of mind to get the facts straight in his mind. Ever since he and Krystal got really close after the formal introduction he did, they somehow got along with each other and he couldn’t help himself but to have feelings for her. Who wouldn’t? Krystal’s an adorable and lovely young lady. She might be like her sister in some ways but he’s pretty sure Krystal’s way more different.


Myungsoo found himself in his father’s office, standing right in front of him. He’s looking at Mr. Kim intently while thoughts were running round his head. From that very moment, he finds himself doing the right thing. He’s been living in a lie lately and he’s done with that. He knows this is what Jessica wants as well. This is what the both of them wanted. To get out of the catastrophic life that both of their father’s made.


“Cancel the wedding,” he started in the calmest way possible. “Cancel everything.”

Mr. Kim was suddenly taken aback from what his son had just said. He put the down the papers that he’s reading and took off his reading eyeglasses. He looked at his son with doubts. Myungsoo seemed to be really sure of what he’s saying. He’s completely in his sanity and he’s very sure on what he’s doing.

“What are you talking about, you disobedient rascal?” Mr. Kim’s voice was full of rage but managed to ask his son calmly yet the firmness in his voice was heard.

Myungsoo sighed, looking away. “What part of ‘cancel the wedding’ didn’t you understand, chairman?” he asked. Ever since he was a child, his mother has always reminded him to call his father chairman. He got used to it eventually that he couldn’t recall the last time he called his father ‘dad’.

“You don’t talk to me like that, Kim Myungsoo!” Mr. Kim yelled. “Is this how we raised you? What a disgrace!”

Myungsoo chuckled and a smirk formed on his lips. “How dare you say that to me? You didn’t even raise me! You’re busy raising your company, making money. As far as I could remember, you love your company more than you love your family.” He fired back, finding himself glaring at his very own father.

“How dare you talk to your father like that?!” Mr. Kim yelled again. He couldn’t take it anymore. His patience to his son was long gone.

Myungsoo let out another sigh and placed both of his hands in his pockets. “I didn’t come here to have an argument with you, chairman. I just came here to tell you something. I had enough arguments with you and as far as I could see, this arguments leads to nowhere.”

Mr. Kim managed to calm himself a bit and nodded, seeing his son’s point.

“As I’ve said earlier, cancel the wedding,” Myungsoo seriously repeated but then he suddenly thought of something. “You said you have a deal with Jung Jangwon, am I right?”

Mr. Kim raised a brow and nodded as a response.

“What was it again?” Myungsoo asked. “You’re making me marry Jung Jessica just for the sake of business? I know your intentions, chairman. You want to merge with The Jung Co. and I couldn’t blame you for that.”

Mr. Kim suddenly found himself getting confused on what his son’s talking about. “What do you want, Kim Myungsoo? Just to tell you, if you’re just going to tell me the call the wedding off, I wouldn’t. The deal is already closed with Jangwon. There’s no turning back.”

“Don’t cancel it then,” Myungsoo smirked. “But don’t expect me to marry the same bride you wanted me to marry.”

Mr. Kim’s eyes widened. He approached his son and grabbed his collar. “WHAT DO YOU REALLY WANT?!”

Myungsoo was not surprised by his father. He knew him so well. He’s short-tempered like him, he’s impatient like him. They’re really the perfect representation of the phrase: Like father, like son.

Mr. Kim’s son chuckled. “Let’s say, just don’t cancel the wedding because that’s what you wanted. And the rest? Leave that to me,”

Myungsoo removed his father’s hands that are tightly gripping on his collar. He fixed his collar first before walking out of Mr. Kim’s office with the greatest idea he thought.

 


“Should I really show up there? I mean, Mom knows my size and figure. Plus, I’m not even sure if I’m really gonna wear that dress!” Jessica ranted all of her frustrations to her sister.

“Sure or not, you have to. Myung’s mother would be really disappointed if you didn’t show up,” Krystal replied, playing with her phone. “Have some gratitude towards her mother, unnie! You see, she’s the one who’s getting busy with all the preparations in your “wedding” so show up there later!”

Jessica sighed in defeat. Guess she really have to show up the wedding gown fitting. She’s not even sure if she’s really going to wear that dress. Up until now, she hasn’t come up with a plan yet. The ditching plan is still the first thing that comes to her mind whenever she’s trying to think of a plan to get rid of the wedding. She looked at the busy Krystal who’s smiling to her phone.

Must be Myungsoo. She thought. She’s happy that somehow the matchmaking plan’s working out for the both of them. She thought that she and Tiffany make the best team although she hasn’t done much. The only thing that she does is to talk to Myungsoo about Krystal. Apparently, she’s always complimenting Krystal when she’s talking to Myungsoo, trying to impress the guy with what her sister could do.

“Yah, Jung Soojung! Why don’t you just show up there instead? We have the same figure so you can! I’m feeling lazy right now.” Jessica instructed in which Krystal immediately refused to.

“I’m not the bride, unnie. It’s not my responsibility to fit someone else’s wedding dress. Just stop being lazy.”

Jessica sighed in defeat once again.

 

A little while later, Jessica received a text message from Myungsoo saying to meet him in a coffee shop in Gangnam. She furrowed her brows and looked at Krystal. Jessica thought he’s asking Krystal out on a date that’s why Krystal’s smiling non-stop to her phone.


From: Kim Myungsoo

Meet me at _______ Café at 3PM sharp. Don’t tell Soojung about this. We have an important matter to discuss.


She shrugged upon seeing his text message. She couldn’t help but to think of what that important matter is. But then she realized that maybe it’s about the wedding. She smiled upon thinking of the wedding in Jeju again. Even though it’s unofficial, at least everything between her and Donghae are all real. Everything felt real that time. They may not be officially married but in the both of them swore to God that they will love and be there for each other through thick and thin, in sickness and in health.

 

An hour after, she already found herself entering the said coffee shop in Gangnam. Upon entering, she immediately caught Myungsoo, obviously waiting for her. It’s already five past three and although she’s just five minutes late, it would be a miracle if Myungsoo wouldn’t bring up her punctuality problems.

“Sorry if I’m late,” she mentioned before sitting on the seat across him.

He just nodded his head. Wow, indeed a miracle. Jessica thought and shrugged it off eventually.

“What is that important matter, by the way? I just dropped by since both of our moms are asking me to fit the dress already.”

“I actually need your help with something,” he started, clasping his hands together as he let his elbows rest on top of the table.

Jessica raised her eyebrows. “What kind of help is it?”

“I decided not to cancel the wedding,” he replied that made Jessica gasp.

“Y-Yah! What were you thinking? Y-You can’t!” Jessica reacted and panicked all of a sudden. She didn’t think that it’ll all lead into this. Was he in love with her already? But she thought he’s in love with Krystal?

Myungsoo finally looked at her. “Don’t misunderstand, okay? I’ll go on with the wedding. Yes, I’ll marry someone but that’s definitely not you. You keep your hopes up too high, Jessica.” He laughed as he .

Jessica felt embarrassed as her cheeks turned a bit red because of embarrassment. “Sorry though. Be sure to make it clear!!”

He laughed at her.

“So, who’s the lucky girl?” Jessica asked out of curiosity. However, she already has an idea. Could it be that she’s right about that certain person she’s thinking of?

Myungsoo’s laugh turned into a shy smile. Who would’ve thought that this guy would be shy? As far as Jessica’s concerned, the guy in front of her is arrogant and full of himself. Who would’ve thought that there’s still someone who can change him and take the arrogance out of his system. There’s indeed a hope.

“That’s why I need help from you. Since I’m clearing the issues with my dad about the wedding, would you mind if I ask you to hold the wedding preparations?”

Jessica thought for a while. She didn’t know that he’s making a way to fix things and now, he’s getting her out of the picture. He’s clearing the mess that their fathers had made.

“You don’t need to stress yourself anymore, Jessica. Leave that to me, I’ll fix it. I’ll get you out of the picture.” Myungsoo gave her an assurance with an assuring smile.

Jessica nodded and returned the smile. “Thank you, Myung. I really owe you big time.”

He chuckled. “Yeah, you really do. So please, if you wouldn’t mind, can you be in-charge of the wedding preparations? I want to make it special for my bride. I want to surprise her.”

Jessica smirked. “Perhaps, is Krystal the bride?”

Myungsoo was let out a nervous laugh and scratch the back of his head. “Fine, you got me. It’s pretty obvious, isn’t it?”

“Yeah it is,” Jessica nodded as a response. “Don’t worry, I’ll help you with this one. Thank you so much, Myung. This means a lot to me.”

He just smiled and nodded. “It’s nothing, just doing what I think is right for the both of us.”

Jessica reached for his hand and held it. “I want you to take care of my sister, alright? I’m pretty sure no one’s against to this wedding now. I know you guys both love each other and I can see it to your eyes as well as to my sister’s. I’m giving you my blessing so better take good care of my baby sister because once your hurt her, I’ll punch you straight to the face. Got me?”

“I understand, sister-in-law,” Myungsoo chuckled. “But, your father won’t mind, right? I’m pretty sure all of the guests would be surprised to see Soojung and not you.”

Jessica shook her head. “My dad wouldn’t mind as long as the deal’s not being broken. You know that their only concern is business. Plus, you’re still marrying a Jung so that makes the merging of our companies still possible.” She smiled.

“Thanks, noona. Asking for your help is really a great idea.” He told her.

“Just leave that problem to me. I’ll handle it well and I’m sure, she’ll be there walking down the aisle.”  Jessica assured.

“Thank you.”

“Not a problem at all,” she replied and stood up. “I’ve got to go. I still need to show up at the fitting. Don’t worry, I’ll talk to your mom to leave the rest of the preparations to me and to my mom. Just tell her not to stress herself because I’ve got this.”

After that she left the coffee shop with a big face and a relieved soul.

That is the part when she could finally say that she’s stress-free. Heaven knows how excited she is to tell Donghae the great big news. All thanks to Myungsoo. And of course, she’s also excited to share a good news slash secret to her matchmaker-mate, Tiffany. It’s a job well done.

For now, she needs to handle all the preparations for her sister’s wedding.

She giggled. “I hope you’ll like the surprise, Soojungie.”

_________________________________________________

author's note

Actually, the 34th chapter is the second part of the 33rd chapter so it's kinda short... again. Well, everything seems to be slowly falling down to its right places, don't you think? :) I hope to get some feedbacks from you guys after reading this chapter by commenting below. Don't be shy to comment, alright? Comments are appreciated and I honestly feel happy whenever you guys are leaving comments.

And although I have loads of work to do, I managed to make an update for you guys! I'm currently working on a thesis with my groupmates and it's really stressing me out plus, there are so many homeworks to do. I'm halfway done so way to go!

Thanks to those who understands me and wishing me goodluck and to do well! I love you so much guys! Please keep reading my story and stay with me 'til the end. Lots of love. everyone! Thank you very, very much.

P.S: I think I'm ending this story soon /cries/ :'(