037

Skinny Love

036

THIRD PERSON'S POV


It was after a dinner party was held at the mansion of the Jungs and both Donghae and Myungsoo were invited by Jangwon because basically, the both of them are his soon-to-be son-in-laws. While Jessica and Krystal are having talks with their parents inside the house, Donghae and Myungsoo went out to the gazebo to have a talk while holding a can of beer in their hands.

“I bet you haven’t told her anything about the plan.” Myungsoo spoke.

Donghae chuckled. “It wouldn’t be a surprise if I told her.”

The other lad nodded. “I still can’t believe that she actually fell into that. All along, she thinks that it’s gonna be and Krystal who will tie the knot. You have no idea how Krystal laughed out loud when I told her about it.”

“I just can imagine that kid laughing out loud, man,” Donghae agreed as he imagined Krystal really laughing out loud like she would always do back when she was a kid. “I guess I owe you big time.”

“Nah, it’s okay. Glad to help, though. Krystal wants me to do this, either Tiffany, that’s why I did.” Myungsoo replied as he placed his left hand in his pocket and drank some of his beer.

“I already talked to her Dad about the plan and he much to my disbelief, he seemed to find it really interesting,” Donghae shared and laughed a bit. “So does her Mom, though. She likes the idea. She just can’t wait for the wedding day, excited to see her daughter’s reaction.”

Myungsoo laughed with him. “I actually talked to my Dad about that. He was kind of surprised because he thought it’s going to be me and Krystal who’s going to tie the knot but then I told him that someday, maybe not today, but someday, we will. We’re still young and Mr. Jung wants us to finish our studies first.”

Donghae nodded as he can see Jangwon’s point. Krystal’s just eighteen and Myungsoo just turned twenty. That’s why back then, Donghae can’t see Jangwon’s point in wanting Jessica to marry Myungsoo. But now that things are falling into its right places, those stuffs weren’t much of a problem anymore because the only thing that mattered to him is that Jessica’s going to be his for the rest of his life.

“And I also thought that he finally let Jessica-noona marry you because the both of you successfully finished college already. Really, I can’t wait to graduate college, I swear.” Donghae laughed at Myungsoo.

He tapped Myungsoo’s shoulder. “You’ll get there, buddy. Just wait and never let go of her.”

 

 

Jessica was admiring her design in satisfaction. It wasn’t really hard for her to design a dress for her sister because they have the same body statistics. Yes, she designed Krystal’s dress for her wedding. Her mother helped with the wedding preparations while Myungsoo’s mother, with the help of Tiffany, volunteered to be in-charge in the invitations. Everything seemed to be just stressing but when she’s thinking that she’s doing that for her sister, she’s cheering up. She knows to herself that this wouldn’t be the last time she’ll do this because she’s also going to be busy again in preparing for her wedding.

And that’s where she’s wrong. She has no idea that she’s already planning, preparing and arranging her own wedding while all along she thought that it’s for her younger sister’s wedding. She doesn’t even know that she’s designing her very own wedding dress.

She was busy adding some final touches to her design when her phone started ringing. It was Tiffany and upon seeing her name appeared on her phone, she immediately picked up the phone.

“Are you done with the invitations?” she welcomed.

“Of course! I already sent them to the guests. Don’t worry too much about it, okay? I handled it and it went well.” Tiffany replied with a big Cheshire cat smile forming on her lips.

Jessica sighed. “Thanks Tiff. I owe you one.”

“Not a problem, Jessi,” Tiffany told her in her usual sweet tone. “Oh, by the way, I heard from Aunt Soojin that the motif’s going to be turquoise?” she asked.

Jessica nodded as if Tiffany could see her. “Yeah, it is. Mom told me to just pick a color. At first, I told her that I imagined it with palette red but then I thought that maybe turquoise fits considering it’s one of Krystal’s favorite colors.”

“And don’t be disappointed that it’s not pink!” Jessica added before Tiffany could even speak.

The girl who’s addicted to pink started to laugh from the other line. “Don’t worry, it’s fine! It’s yo─ I mean, Krystal’s wedding so why would I be disappointed?”

Jessica sighed in relief as she looked at her design. She was really satisfied with the wedding gown and she’s excited to see the final product. “Are you busy?”

“Am not, why? Need some help?”

Jessica nodded once more. “Yeah, I actually need someone who’ll turn this design into a dress and I need to get it before weekend. Days are getting quicker and quicker these days.”

“I’ll be there in fifteen, Jess. Wait for me, alright?”

“Hmm.”

“Okay, see you.”

 

Tiffany accompanied Jessica to her mother’s office. Ever since Jessica was a kid, she really admired her mother. No wonder, she dreamed of being a fashion designer like her. Back then, Jessica would always tell Tiffany that someday, she’s going to be a famous fashion designer and she’s going to have one popular clothing line while Tiffany would always beg Jessica if she could be one of her models that’s going to endorse.

Jessica knocked on the door and heard her mother say that she could come in. She opened the door and immediately smiled at her mom and went to approach her to give her a kiss on the cheek. She was followed by Tiffany who greeted her Aunt Soojin first before approaching her to give her a hug.

“Are you already done with the design?” Jessica mom asked her.

Jessica nodded and gave it to her with a big smile on her face. Soojin looked at how amazing the dress was. Her daughter is really something and she deserves to take over the clothing line that she established. “Oh look at this, it’s wonderful!” she praised as her eyes glimmered when she saw the sketch of the gown.

“You’ll look gorgeous with this!” her mom commented and when she realized what she had just said, she panicked. Tiffany was looking wide-eyed at her while Jessica’s eyebrows creased. “What do you mean, mom?”

Soojin thought of something. “I mean, this dress will look gorgeous on you and of course, on Krystal as well.” She nervously chuckled as she avoided her daughter’s gaze.

Jessica smiled and felt happy that her mom actually liked the dress that she designed.

“I’m sure Krystal will like this. Too bad, she can’t see it yet.” Mrs. Jung used her sad and disappointed tone.

She looked at her daughter and then to Tiffany. “Have you girls thought about what you’re going to do during the wedding day?”

Tiffany smirked. “The guests have no idea that it’s going to be Krystal who’s going to marry Myungsoo, right? I was thinking if Jessica would like this idea about still walking down the aisle but since Krystal is ahead of her, Krystal would be just there in front and when Jessica reached at the altar, she’ll pass the bouquet to her sister and put the veil on her.”

Soojin looked at his daughter with worried eyes. “Are you okay with that, Jessi?”

Jessica smiled. “Walking down the aisle isn’t much of a problem. I’m doing this for Krystal and all that I want for her is to be happy.”

Mrs. Jung and Tiffany looked and smiled at each other. Soojin approached her daughter and pulled her into a hug. “I’m so proud of you, dear. Remember, Mommy will always love you no matter what happens.”

Jessica chuckled. “Mom, I’m not one who’s going to marry yet.”

Tiffany and Mrs. Jung laughed a bit as Tiffany admired the scene in front of her.

You have no idea that these things you’re doing are already for you, Jessi. Those words from your mom were really for you. Tiffany thought as she looked at the mother-and-daughter scene.

“But still you’re going to marry! That doesn’t make any difference. Besides, I already talked to Krystal about it, alright?” Her mother caressed her face and gave her a tight hug. Mrs. Jung will surely miss her daughter. She may not have any idea that it’s going to be her wedding next month but Mrs. Jung knows how much her daughter will love it.

Jessica doesn’t know that all the preparations that Myungsoo had asked to do was all for her. It was part of Donghae’s plan. All along, Jessica thought that it’s going be her sister and Myungsoo’s wedding. Krystal and Myungsoo just started dating a few months ago and their not yet in the right age to settle down. But for Jessica and Donghae, it is. After the talk that he had with Jessica’s father, he started to plan of something extraordinary. He’s aware that Jessica’s having the talks of her own wedding since she’s busy with her sister’s “wedding”. She told him what she wanted in a wedding and that’s what he’s doing.

Everyone’s involved in the plan. Even Myungsoo’s parents were involved since they’re helping out as well ─ especially, Myungsoo’s mom. Donghae asked for Myungsoo’s help and it was good thing that he didn’t fail his hyung. Krystal is also involved because she knew what was going all along. She told him that making her unnie believe that it’s going to be her wedding is such a ridiculous thing but what Donghae said next actually amazed her: When you’re in love, you tend to do crazy things.

Tiffany and Jessica’s mother are indeed a big help with the preparations for the wedding and he thanked the both of them for helping Jessica get through with it knowing how stressing it is. He’s also thankful to Jessica’s father for being so supportive that he gives him advices and sharing some stories about his daughter. His siblings, Soonkyu and Donghwa were also involved. They knew everything and the least thing that they could do is to not tell Jessica about it. They are very supportive as well and Donghwa gives Donghae encouraging words. But most of all, he’s thankful to God for letting all these happen, for giving Jessica to him. All of those things wouldn’t be possible if it wasn’t for Him.

 

“I noticed that you’ve been listening to Ed Sheeran lately.” Donghae commented as Ed Sheeran’s song ‘Thinking Out Loud’ played. The both of them were in her apartment. Tiffany was out with Siwon since the last time they saw each other was like two weeks ago due to the business trip that Siwon attended with her father.

“He’s my favorite! I love his songs, super!” Jessica replied as her glimmered while thinking of seeing Ed Sheeran in person.

“You want to see him?” Donghae asked, he was looking directly at her eyes with that heart-melting smile. His eyes were saying something to her that made her wonder what he’s about to say next.

“Don’t tell me…”

“I actually have two VIP tickets for his concert tomorrow and I know you’d come with me.”

The next thing he knew was she’s jumping in joy that she couldn’t get a hold of herself. She hugged him so tight and kissed every part of his face, thanking him for what seemed like the millionth time.

“I love you so much, D” she whispered right to his ear. He smiled and kissed her hair.

“I’ll always feel the same and that wouldn’t change.” He closed his eyes and planted a kiss on her forehead.


author's note

Hi guys! It’s been a while since I last update Skinny Love but here it is now! Sorry if I took too long before I could update this story again because I focused on Heaven Knows for a while. J Send me your feedbacks by commenting below! Also, I’d like to thanks those who updated and subscribed. Please stay with me ‘til the end of this story! Love ya guys!

PS: Sorry if the update’s short hehehe :)