039

Skinny Love

037

THIRD PERSON'S POV


Eighteenth of April

 

This is the day everyone’s waiting for ─ especially Donghae. It wasn’t just his fiancée’s birthday but their special day. He woke up extra early today, feeling nervous as ever. But despite of the nervousness building inside of him, he was obviously very excited. Excitement was written all over his face. He just can’t wait to change his fiancée’s surname into his last name.

Lee Sooyeon.

It sounds so perfect into his ears that he can’t help but to smile every time he thinks about it. For the past few days, he would keep himself busy imagining what could happen during their wedding day. Of course, there’s a part of him that worries if Jessica runs away if ever. But he won’t let that stuff ruin the beautiful thought inside of him because whenever he thinks about it, he would always assure himself that at the end of the day, Jessica will be his forever.

He was having a hard time fixing his tie and can’t seem to focus for the vast city landscape in front of him seeks his attention when a knock on his door was heard. A sweet voice was heard after knocking twice. “Can I come in?”

His sister voice sent him back to reality and that’s when he got back into his senses. He sighed, trying to keep his nervousness away and told his sister to come in. Without any hesitation, Soonkyu swung the door open and ran to his brother to give a big hug.

“Congratulations, dear brother! I am so proud of you!” Soonkyu greeted as she hugged her brother.

Donghae laughed at his cute sister. He could definitely tell that she’s currently using her aegyo to him which he finds cute of her most of the time. Soonkyu really seemed so happy for him and Jessica and he totally appreciates that.

“I’ll miss your presence in the house.” Soonkyu pouted after pulling away from the hug. She was wearing a turquoise g0wn and the best smile that made her more even beautiful. She was their one and only sister in the family and heaven knows how much Donghwa and Donghae himself cares for their dear sister. He’ll miss her presence, of course, but there’s nothing to be worried of. They’ll still see each other a lot since they’re in the same company.

Soonkyu seemed to notice his undone tie. She giggled and gave her brother a teasing look. “Can’t still fix your tie? Poor you.” She laughed at him before starting to fix her brother’s tie.

He stared at his sister for a good minute while she’s busy fixing his tie. “I still can’t believe that up until now, you haven’t told me about you and Sungmin.”

Soonkyu froze for a while. Donghae smirked. “Didn’t see it coming, eh?” he teased, still smirking at her. Soonkyu’s cheeks turned into rosy pink upon hearing her boyfriend’s name. Sure, he knows Lee Sungmin.

“I have my eyes on you, Lee Soonkyu. I need to talk to him as soon as possible but not today, alright?” Donghae raised his eyebrows at her while his eyes were questioning his sister. Soonkyu nodded as a response.  “Good, I’m making myself clear.” Donghae smiled.

“You’re all done! You’re ready!” Soonkyu told as soon as she finished fixing his tie. She kept on tapping her brother’s back because she seemed to notice that he’s feeling nervous and uneasy. “Don’t worry, she won’t run away. She loves you, oppa. Have faith.”

Donghae nodded and gave her a smile. “Thank you, Sunny.”

Soonkyu’s world seemed to stop for a second when she heard her brother call her Sunny. It is really quite rare for her brother Donghae to call her Sunny and it’s such a big deal whenever he calls her by her cute nickname because she never really liked it when people calls her Soonkyu.

“I came here to tell you that it’s time for the groom to go to the church.” Soonkyu informed him.

He gave her a nod. “I’ll get going in a bit. I’ll just follow you.”

“Okay,” Soonkyu smiled and gave her brother a quick hug.

“See you there. Sunbuns.” He told after kissing his sister’s forehead and before she could even leave his suite.

 

Donghae was left all alone in his hotel room. He couldn’t quite remember how many times he sighed that morning just to keep the nervousness out of his system. He stared at himself at the mirror.

“This is it.” He told himself before leaving his hotel suite with a big smile formed on his lips.

 


 

Jessica was inside the car, wearing the wedding dress she designed for Krystal but turns out, she’ll be the one wearing it. She’s still convinced that today, it’s her sister’s big day when all along it’s actually hers. She was on her way to the church and she doesn’t even know why she’s feeling nervous.

Her wedding gown perfectly fits on her while her dark brownish hair is styled in a low twisted bun with a soft finish. She’s wearing a light makeup and made it a bit natural. All in all, she loved the way she looks today. She looks so lovely and stunning in her own special day.

Minutes later, the Mercedes Benz she’s in halted in front of the cathedral. There were press surrounding the place. She breathed in and out before someone opened the door. It is the wedding coordinator. After opening the car door for the her, the coordinator told her that the wedding’s about to start.

“Everyone’s in there already. You’re the only one they’re waiting. Are you excited?” Jessica can’t seem to understand what the wedding coordinator’s saying. She gave her a smile and just shrugged the thought off.

“Shouldn’t you be asking Krystal?” she asked the wedding coordinator.

The coordinator just gave her a meaningful smile before the big doors in front of her opened. The coordinator signaled everyone that the ceremony’s about to start. Jessica’s brows furrowed when she saw nobody at the altar waiting for the bride. She thought that Myungsoo should be there by now. She searched for him but he’s nowhere to be found. Krystal was just near her but she can’t just approach her or else she’ll have an idea that it’s her big day.

“Everyone ready?” the wedding coordinator asked them and when everyone’s ready, the wedding song started to play and the entourage began to march.

 

The flower girls and the ring bearer looked so cute. The flower girls were wearing turquoise gowns with flower crowns on the top of their heads. The primary and secondary sponsors began to march after the cute little ones. Before the bride could ever have the moment to walk down to the aisle, the maid of honor which happens to be Krystal turned to look at her and gave her a sweet and excited smile and winked at Jessica before she marched.

Just as Krystal reached the front ─ as if on cue, the groom appeared out of nowhere with a big smile on his face.

Jessica couldn’t just believe her eyes.

Was she actually seeing Lee Donghae standing right at the altar?


author's note

Sorry if it took a long time (well, not that long but either way) before I could update :( I just got busy for a while but our summer vacation has officially started! I graduated last 26th of March and now's the start of our vacay! Back to the main point, I'm hoping you liked this update and it may seem like a cliff hanger but wait, there's more so wait for the next one, alright? Comments are appreciated so feel free to post a comment below and send me your feedbacks. Next chapter could be the last one (sobs)

Thanks for reading everyone. Lots and lots and lots of love <3