Epilogue

Skinny Love

EPILOGUE

THIRD PERSON'S POV


Donghae found himself pacing in the room back and forth. He doesn’t know what to do and it was pretty obvious that he’s way too nervous. His own wife doesn’t want him inside the room. She keeps on pushing him away, leaving him with all the blame. He couldn’t do anything but to understand and let her. His hands were sweating because of the nervousness taking all over his body. He can’t stay still. He feels uneasy, scared and somehow, excited that made him wonder if he had gone crazy already for feeling such ways.

Jessica was surely driving him crazy. Today was really crazy for Lee Donghae. His wife kept pushing him away. He can’t stay with her through her rough times. He really feels uncomfortable. He called Tiffany and Siwon to come over since Jessica kept on telling him to call Tiffany because she needs her so bad.

He wondered why but the least thing he could do is to understand her. Well, not actually the least thing to do. It’s just that he has no other options.

“Donghae?” he heard Tiffany’s voice calling out for him. Worry was written all over her face while Siwon is trailing behind her. “Is Jessi okay?”

Donghae shrugged. “She won’t let me in. She doesn’t want me in. She wants you, instead.”

Tiffany could only nod. She gave her Chanel bag to her fiancé, Siwon ─ and went inside of the delivery room.

Yes.

Donghae and Jessica are expecting their first baby. That is why Donghae feels excited despite the nervousness he is feeling. He really doesn’t know why his wife doesn’t want him with her while she’s having a hard time giving birth.

Aren’t husbands always there with their wives while they’re giving birth? He really finds Jessica unbelievable and unpredictable.

Siwon joined him outside the delivery room. For the first few minutes, he just kept staring at his friend who continuously pacing back and forth. But soon enough, Siwon’s world felt like spinning.

“Calm your nerves down, can you?” he asked while he crossed him arms and looked away. “I’m getting dizzy because of you.”

“Can you blame me? I’m worried sick because my wife won’t let me be there for her during this time.” Donghae replied, still pacing back and forth.

Siwon sighed. “Can you blame her?” he returned the question.

Donghae couldn’t even find an answer. Turns out, there is really no answer to that question. Of course, he couldn’t blame her. For months, he could tell that he succeeded coping up with his wife’s mood swings.

She would sometimes hit him on the shoulder when she’s pissed and mad. She would pinch his cheeks way too hard when she’s happy. There are times when she just wanted to be alone. When she’s really angry, she wouldn’t talk to him. She would always hate him whenever Donghae mentions that she’s getting bigger and bigger than before.

That ‘she’s-getting-bigger-than-before’ issue never failed to upset the hell out of Jessica. She kept on asking her husband if she’s getting fat and when Donghae would answer yes, she’ll be upset. Sometimes Donghae wouldn’t just want to answer but he couldn’t just ignore his wife or else she’ll be upset as well.

He couldn’t understand his wife at times but like Tiffany always reminds him, he has to understand and cope up with his wife’s mood swings. And, he did.

 

Donghae and Siwon waited for hours while Tiffany is with Jessica inside the delivery room. Tiffany can’t understand the fact that her bestfriend needs her to be by her side instead of Donghae. She kept her on asking why but Jessica couldn’t give her any answer because she’s busy with pushing harder as the doctor had told her to do.

Tiffany was holding her bestfriend’s hand and when Jessica feels really in pain, she would tighten her grip on Tiffany’s hand and squeeze it. Tiffany couldn’t think of a thing to do but to encourage her bestfriend. She was telling Jessica that she could do it and it wouldn’t take much longer.

After heaven knows how many hours, a cry was heard. It was a little cute cry coming from a very cute angel. Hearing the cry made Jessica sigh and smile in relief because finally, their little angel has arrived.

“It’s a girl, Mrs. Lee!” the doctor announced.

Tiffany cheered as she clapped her hands in glee. Jessica found herself staring at her baby in the nurse’s arm as she wrapped the baby in a pink cloth. Jessica could contain the happiness she’s feeling. The next thing she knew was the baby was being passed to her father.

Jessica stared at Donghae and back at their baby. Donghae’s face was priceless. He was smiling from ear to ear and she heard him saying hi to their little cutiepie. Donghae looked straight at her with a smile on his face. He went to her while holding their baby.

“You want to hold her?” Donghae asked and Jessica could only nod with a smile as a tear rolled down her cheek.

Donghae gave her the baby and lay her down next to her mother. Donghae caressed Jessica’s face and wiped her tears down. He leaned forward to kiss his wife’s forehead. “Thank you for giving me the greatest gift, J.”

Jessica cupped his face and gave him the sweetest smile as she mouthed those three sweet words.

“I love you too and this cute little fella right beside you.” Donghae replied as he diverted his attention to his daughter.

“Hi there, little angel!” he greeted with a childish grin forming on his lips. Jessica just stared at her husband while being childish towards their daughter. “Do you know who I am?” he asked his daughter. She was staring right at her father. Donghae soon realized that she has the same eyes as him while she got Jessica’s nose and lips. His smile grew wider when their daughter smiled. “Oh, you know me! You smiled! I’m your Daddy!”

Jessica chuckled at her husband’s childishness. She looked at their cute daughter and adored her. She couldn’t deny the fact that she got her father’s eyes. But her rosy pink chubby cheeks, nose and thin lips are from hers. She thought of a name that would fit her while staring at her daughter with such adoration.

“What should we name her?” Donghae asked his wife while their daughter was holding her father’s thumb.

“Haeyeon?” Jessica suggested, combining her name with Donghae’s. Donghae seemed to think about it. “Haesoo?”

The both of them were surprised to hear their little angel’s voice ─ probably reacting to the names they’re thinking for her. Jessica thought that maybe their daughter liked her being called Haesoo.

“Your daughter wants us to call her Haesoo, baby bear.” Jessica told Donghae in a low voice.

Donghae nodded with a smile. “Lee Haesoo, it is.”


“Omo, is that my godchild over there? So cute, so fluffy I’m gonna die!” Tiffany happily said as she checked her godchild at the nursery room as soon as she was transferred. Siwon was at her back, lovingly looking at his buddy’s daughter. He agrees with Tiffany about how cute their bestfriends’ daughter is.

“And she has a cute name! Omona, my pretty godchild, so pretty!” Tiffany admired her godchild. There is no doubt that she’ll be the godmother of her bestfriend’s daughter. Long ago, she’s contracted to be the godmother of her bestfriend’s first child.

“Goodness, I can’t wait to have little Siwon or little Tiffany.” Siwon whispered to himself as he stared admiringly at the cute baby.

Tiffany turned around to look at her fiancé while giving him a look. “You’ll get one soon, Choi Siwon. Patience is a virtue.”

Siwon grinned at his fiancée and wiggled his eyebrows at her, giving her a teasing and a I’m-looking-forward-to-that look.

 

“Fany-unnie!” Tiffany and Siwon both turn their heads to see Krystal and Myungsoo approaching them. Tiffany’s eye-smile showed as she waved at the two, saying hi. Myungsoo and Siwon high-fived and tapped each other’s back as they greeted each other. Krystal and Tiffany kissed each other’s cheeks.

“Oh my gosh, is that my niece over there?” Krystal squealed in happiness upon seeing the baby girl with the name Lee Haesoo. Krystal turned to Myungsoo and kept on pointing at her niece. “Look at our niece, Myungie! She’s too cute like me!”

Myungsoo wrapped his arms around her as his girlfriend kept on talking about her niece. Everyone couldn’t deny the fact that they agree at how cute Donghae and Jessica’s baby is. They could all recognize Donghae’s eyes but most of her features were from her Mommy.

Krystal turned to look at Tiffany. “Where is unnie’s room by the way, unnie?” she asked.

“Room 1221,” Tiffany answered. “Donghae’s sister, Soonkyu, is there with them.”

Krystal’s eyes twinkled. She grew really fond of Donghae’s sister. The both of them share the same interests and there’s no doubt that they would be close because they named themselves as the cutests. “Really?”

Tiffany nodded. “Yeah, with her new boyfriend. Wanna go there?”

Krystal gave her a nod and the four of them walked towards the room where Jessica and the rest are.

A few months had passed and Donghae found a new struggle in his life. It was to take care of his daughter. But even if it’s hard to take care of Haesoo at times, he still enjoys the fact of having some quality time with her princess. He easily picked up the stuffs he has to do in taking care of his daughter. Jessica taught him how to change the baby’s diapers, how to feed their daughter, how to make her burp, how to sterilize the bottles and the likes.

It was 2 o’ clock in the morning and Donghae and Jessica are sleeping in each other’s arms when their daughter cried. Jessica stirred while Donghae woke up at the sound of their daughter’s cry. He got up and went to the crib to get his daughter.

Haesoo wouldn’t stop crying. Donghae was slowly getting frustrated but then, he heard Tiffany’s voice inside his head: Patience is a virtue.

The saying is still applied.

He danced his daughter as he hummed a song in hopes that he could put her back to sleep. But Haesoo wouldn’t really stop crying and that’s when he heard his wife groan and woke up a little bit.

“Anything wrong, honey?” Jessica asked Donghae, eyes half-closed.

Donghae shook his head and gave her a smile. He understands that she must be really tired by taking care of their daughter all day while he’s at work. There’s no way he would let his queen’s slumber interrupted. “I got this, baby. Maybe she’s just hungry.”

“Oh yeah, maybe she’s just hungry.” Donghae muttered to himself.

Jessica got up from the bed and tried getting Haesoo from Donghae. He gave her a what? look.

“What are you doing? You should be going back to sleep, baby. You’re tired and you need energy.” Donghae told her. “I got this, okay? I can handle this.” He insisted only to be given a frown by Jessica.

“Look, I’ll give her to you after you prepare the milk, okay?” Jessica told him.

“Let’s put it this way,” he started. “Why don’t you prepare the milk instead and when you’re done, you go back to sleep. How’s that sounds?” he proposed with a boyish grin in his face.

Jessica sighed in defeat and raised both of her hands. “Okay, okay. You win!” she mumbled as she headed towards the kitchen to prepare her daughter’s milk.

 

One hour had passed and Jessica really did go back to sleep because Donghae insisted to take care and put back their daughter to sleep in which he finally did. Jessica abruptly woke up and saw his husband sitting on a chair beside their daughter’s crib. Haesoo was sleeping safe and sound. She walked towards her loved ones.

Donghae seemed to notice her presence. “I thought you’re asleep?”

Jessica nodded sleepily. “Yeah, I was. I just woke up again.”

It was Donghae’s turn to nod and the both of them looked at their sleeping daughter. She was sleeping peacefully with a smile on her face. She looked so lovely and cute that made her parents really happy.

Donghae turned to look at his wife. “Should I put you to sleep too, Mrs. Lee?”

Jessica giggled and lightly hit his shoulder. “Whatever, you fish. Come on, let’s go back to sleep.”

The both of them said their goodnights to their little angel as they kissed Haesoo’s forehead. “Good night, baby girl”

She pulled her husband up and dragged him towards their queen-sized bed. The both of them lay side by side, in each other’s arms.

“Good mornight, baby,” Jessica whispered to his ear. “I love you.”

He smiled while his eyes are already closed. “I love you too, queen.”

Tomorrow is going to be another long day.


author's note

First of all, I want to thank all the readers who stayed with me until the end of this story. I also want to thank those who upvoted and subscribed, to thoe who always post their comments and to those who always send their feedbacks. I really love this story, swear. Thank you all so much for having the time to read my story. I really appreciate those people who keep on encouraging me. I always love seeing your comments that keeps me motivated to write this story. I appreciate you guys for still reading my story despite of my slow updates just because I'm always busy. I really am thankful to all of you. 

I really love you guys and thanks for reading my story 'til the very end of it.

Au revoir =)))