027

Skinny Love

 

027

THIRD PERSON'S POV

 

When Jessica arrived at her apartment, she was welcomed by the tired-looking Tiffany but when she saw her bestfriend arrive, her mood instantly changed into a hyper one. She pulled Jessica down on the sofa for her to sit beside her. Jessica knew it. Tiffany's dying to know the latest issues about what's going on with her bestfriend's complicated life.

"Gosh Jessi, you and that Myungsoo guy are all over the news! You met him, didn't you?" Tiffany chirped in.

Jessica just shook her head and sighed. "Nothing much happened, Tiff. What do you expect? He's just someone I barely know and there's nothing much to say because we just talked and there you go."

Tiffany grinned and waggled her eyebrows as she eventually received a weird look from her bestfriend. Jessica began wondering if she's possessed by a crazy spirit or something. Tiffany seemed lunatic and psycho and whatever, perhaps crazy.

The thing is, Tiffany is really happy that somehow, Jessica and Donghae remained strong despite of all the problems, challenges and hindrances they're facing. She felt relieved that Jessica didn't show some signs of having a new crush on Myungsoo. She knows Jessica and she trusts her, she supports her in every decision her bestfriend makes and whenever Jessica is in need, she's there for her. After all, that's what bestfriends are for, right? She just wanted the best for Jessica. And she thinks that Donghae is the best for her and it really is a good thing that Myungsoo is just nothing to Jessica or else, it could've gone much worse.

But Tiffany as she is, she can't help but to be curious about the guy Jessica's been linked. Of course, she had seen him on television and in the internet but she doesn't really know him. All that she knows is that Jessica is engaged to the heir of the Kim Enterprises. "Who is Kim Myungsoo? I mean, what is he like?"

"Myungsoo?" Jessica asked as she looked up at her. She was busy browsing the internet when Tiffany asked. Jessica, as well, can't help but to check the news about her so-called engagement. Of course, she was bothered by it. She glanced at Tiffany and put back her attention on her phone. "Myungsoo's great. In fact, my first impression of him was completely the opposite one. He's like me, though. He's cold when you see him but when you get to know him, he's kinda fun to be with." she plainly answered as she continuously scrolled down on her phone.

Tiffany's curiosity had grew even more. "Tell me more about him! Tell me! Tell me!"

Jessica sighed and put down her phone as she looked at Tiffany. "What is it with him that you want to know?"

"Everything that you guys talked about, maybe? Or everything that you know about him?" Tiffany replied in a questioning tone.

"Myungsoo. He's the heir of the Kim—" 

Tiffany cut Jessica off. "I know that! I'm so sick of hearing those! I kept on hearing it on the news!"

Jessica laughed at her. "Fine!"

"Myungsoo was also a model. And when I say was, he really became one but I don't know, he quitted. Our families are so close, our fathers are bestfriends. They're one of our business partners. But really, I don't know much about him. I don't even know how old he is. But I seemed like younger than him. He's tall, yes. Like I've said, he's fun to be with, I don't know why but I just realized it earlier. He's a gentleman, actually. He's kind of like a manager? You know like, he doesn't want things to be messed up. Everything should be done clean and clear. Everything's like organized and on it's proper places with him." 

"Wow, what a perfect catch. Too bad you're taken." Tiffany commented, still in awe. Her head was resting on her palm as she listened to what Jessica's saying to her.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Jessica asked her, crossing her arms as she rest her back on the couch.

"W-Well, yo-you know, m-maybe you'll f-fall—"

"That I might fall for him? Or he might fall for me? Tsk," Jessica chuckled. "That's nonsense. Never in a million years that would happen." she shook her head.

Tiffany sat back straight and placed both of her hand on her waist. "And how can you be so sure?" she raised her eyebrows at Jessica.

"Look, I'm in a happy relationship with Donghae and the fact that Myungsoo's girlfriend just broke up with him doesn't bother me. I mean, they could still patch things up, just a few talk with each other and everything's fine between the two of them again!" Jessica answered with an assuring smile.

"You better be sure, Jessica," Tiffany replied in a serious tone. "You'll never know. For the next few days or probably months, you guys will often see each other and maybe you'll seldom see Donghae and what's worse is in the secret way—you've got to make sure that you're sure that you'll never, ever fall for that guy."

Jessica smiled once again at her. "Never in your wildest dreams, Hwang. I'm always Donghae's."

Tiffany nodded as she returned the smile her bestfriend gave. "Good," she remarked. "That's good to hear. What a relief."

Well, there's nothing to be afraid of. Or maybe there is, isn't it? That's what Tiffany's pointing out. She just doesn't want her bestfriend to mess up something that is already fixed. And she's feeling that something not good will be around and that's what bugs her. 

But then, she knows that Jessica knows what she has to do. She trusts her. She's confident that Jessica won't make any mess. And she's hoping that her bestfriend will get through all of these and find her happiness.


But really, who is Kim Myungsoo?


"Woah there. As far as I could remember, you left here looking like you're some kind of a prisoner who is sentenced to be in jail forever. What's up with that face, bro?" Lee Sungyeol, Kim Myungsoo's buddy for who knows how many years already—asked Myungsoo as soon as he got back to his place.Yes, he owns a condominium 

"You met your dad's bestfriend's daughter, right?" Lee Howon or commonly known as Hoya as he preferred, Myungsoo's buddy as well—asked.

Myungsoo nodded as a response to Hoya's question. Sungyeol forcefully and unwillingly stood up from the comfortable lying position. "Yah Kim Myungsoo! I'm asking you! What happened?"

"Why are you so itching to know?" Myungsoo asked, sort of irritated. "It's none of your business anyway, Sungyeol."

"But I want to know!" Sungyeol fired back.

"Yah yah yah. I understand that you guys like to fight with each other but can you just schedule it sometimes? I'm not in the mood to be a referee or something." Hoya stopped the both of them. "These kids, really." he added as he whispered and shook his head, looking away.

Myungsoo plopped himself on the sofa and sighed. Tired as he is. But that didn't stop Sungyeol from being so curious and all. He pretty knew Jung Sooyeon and he can't deny that she's gorgeous and stunning. That's why he thought that maybe it would help Myungsoo to get over with his former girlfriend if he marries Jung Sooyeon. After all, there's no such reasons for him to refuse to the marriage because if it was him, he'll surely marry the girl.

Sungyeol sat beside Myungsoo. "I'm begging you, Myungsoo! Tell meeee!" he was tugging Myungsoo's arm, annoying the hell out of him.

"Would you please stop? Why are you so curious to know?!" Myungsoo asked irritably.

Hoya chuckled. "You know, he has this little crush on your fianceé before." 

Sungyeol shot a glare on Hoya only to be ignored by his friend. When he noticed he was ignored by Hoya, he turned to Myungsoo again and started to annoy him for the second time around. Myungsoo was surely irritated and annoyed, afraid that he might lose his temper on Sungyeol once again, he gave up. "Fine! For goodness' sake, just stop!"

Sungyeol cheered like he had won in the Olympics. "Go for it, Myungsoo," he cheered once again. "Is she really pretty in closer look?"

Myungsoo sighed and smiled a bit. "I would be lying if I say she's not."

Upon hearing it, Myungsoo caught Hoya's attention. He grew interested when he heard Myungsoo say that and it made him curious as well.

"Too bad she has a boyfriend." Myungsoo added and Sungyeol and Hoya's face suddenly turned into a disappointed one. "Oh, too... bad."

"But you're gonna marry her anyway, kid!" Hoya snapped, being optimistic in all for his buddy.

Myungsoo tsked. "She doesn't want this marriage. I don't want this either. Nobody wants it but our fathers. Besides, I don't have any intention to interfere in someone's relationship. With this handsome face?" he pointed at his oh-so-good-looking face. "I don't exist to be a third wheel, Lee Howon."

"B-But t-this could be the solution for you to get over with Suji!" Sungyeol butted in.

A bitter smile formed on Myungsoo's lips. "Look, she made it clear with me. She told me she loves someone else and she really bought that I have someone else as well. It's not that I didn't took her seriously. Yes, I did take her seriously. And yes, it hurts that it directly came from her that she loves someone else. She didn't let me explain that what the news says was not what I wanted, she told me it would be better if we just go in our separate ways and what do you expect me to do? Just starve myself? Lock myself in? I'm never gonna do that. And if that decision makes her happy, then I'm happy that she's finally happy even though it tearing my heart apart."

"You're so dramatic, Myungsoo," Sungyeol commented. "What a sad lovelife you have."

"What are you planning to do then?" Hoya asked Myungsoo, changing the topic.

"Go with the flow? Just let things happen? I don't know." he answered right away.

"No," Hoya said. "What I mean is, if you both don't want to marry each other, how will you guys escape from it? Both of your fathers will surely kill the both of you if you guys didn't marry." he cleared.

"So brutal, kill?" Sungyeol commented. Hoya just rolled his eyes on him.

"She's planning of ditching them. I mean, the both of us. We're going to ditch on the wedding day." Myungsoo replied.

"That's ridiculous but desperate times call for desperate measures as they say." Hoya shrugged as he started to think of another plan that might work.

"Runaway bride?" Sungyeol suggested when Hoya hit him. "Yah! What was that for?"

"I was about to say that, how dare you?" Hoya replied as he laughed. Sungyeol just stuck his tongue out, teasing him.

Myungsoo thought for a while. "Runaway bride? So cliché." he commented.

"But it's the only thing we could think of." Hoya replied.

"Whatever! You two just ditch them on the wedding day!" Sungyeol let out a frustrated sigh after he yelled those words out.

Suddenly, the atmosphere had gone serious when Hoya started speaking. "For a girl like her, even though she's in a relationship, there's still a possibility that you'll fall for her or at least like her. Just... be careful. Know your limits, Myungsoo. Like you've said, you have no intentions to interfere with her relationship. Keep your word. As much as possible, keep yourself away from temptations. Keep yourself away from falling. You've made it clear in the start, don't mess up in the process for you not to end messed up." he patted Myungsoo's shoulder before standing up, probably heading to the kitchen to get some beer from the fridge.

Sungyeol looked at his dongsaeng. "You heard Hoya. Jung Sooyeon... she's a very beautiful girl and from what I see, it's easy to fall in love with her. You'll be with her often times from now on, you guys need to act like a real couple and it would be a major denial if I say that it's impossible for your feelings to develop for her in the process knowing you're now single. Be extra careful, Myungsoo. You'll never know. You'll never know when, perhaps when you're already falling. Don't be too oblivious, buddy. Keep our words in mind. Keep your word in mind." 

"You have my word." Myungsoo swore.

 

 

It was already 10:59 in the evening and Jessica couldn't sleep. She's just two semesters away from graduation. Somehow she doesn't want to graduate. Somehow she just wanted to study forever and never graduate but no, a part of her doesn't want to as well. But she wished she'd stay longer. She doesn't want to graduate yet. She doesn't want to get married yet. But yes, she would never marry Myungsoo. But the thought of the things that might happen bothers her from time to time. 

Again, she found herself drowned with thoughts all over again. She's overthinking again and it's such a waste of time because she could've been sleeping by now but no, she's overthinking. Thinking things that doesn't need much to think of. Her class starts at 8am in the morning tomorrow and she felt like not going to school because she knows that she'll be the talk of the whole student body.

Yes. Talks like; 

What happened to Donghae and Jessica?

Why is Jessica engaged to Kim Myungsoo all of a sudden?

Did Donghae and Jessica broke up already?

Talks like that that will surely piss the hell out of her. Talks that she don't want to hear. She just hopes that her friend Yuri will accompany her throughout the day or probably throughout the week or perhaps, througout her stay in the university.

And the fact that she has to avoid Donghae when in public makes her heart twinge. She doesn't like the facct of staying away from him, letting the people notice that they're already gone, that they didn't work out. She hated the fact that she needs to hide the fact that they're secretly dating just because the whole country knows she's enaged to Kim Myungsoo. 

As much as she wanted to blame Myungsoo, she can't. Myungsoo's not the one to blame. He doesn't want the marriage either. Perhaps, the blame is both on their fathers for arranging their marriage at such an early time like there's no tomorrow. She hated all of it, all of that's happening to her right now.

Her thoughts were interrupted when her phone started ringing. It was Krystal who's calling. "Haven't heard from this kid for a long time," Jessica told herself as she accepted the call.

"Soojung-ah! Are you doing well? How are you? Are you okay there? I miss you," Jessica bombarded her sister a lot of questions.

"I miss you too unnie! But I guess, I should be the one asking you that," Krystal answered in a more worried tone.

"What do you mean? I'm all fine! How about you? Are you sure you're eating well?" Jessica tried to change the topic as much as possible. She knows that Krystal already knew and maybe that's the reason why she called.

"I'm doing good as always. But this is not about me, unnie! I heard you're getting married?" Krystal went directly to the point leaving her sister speechless once again. 

Jessica didn't know why she had gone speechless, it just shut her up. "Y-Yes, it's true."

"It's Dad, isn't it?" 

Jessica nodded as if her sister could see her doing that. "Yeah," she sighed.

"What about Donghae-oppa? Are you guys still together? I swear if the two of you break up, I'll hunt the both of you!" she threatened, kidding like she always do to ease the atmosphere and to ease her sister's feelings.

"We're still together, Soojung. Don't worry. I have no plans to marry the guy. We both agreed that we won't, Probably ditch them or something." Jessica replied.

"But what about the company? What about Dad?" Krystal worriedly asked.

"I don't know. Maybe I'll reveal that I'm the illegitimate child of Jung Jangwon and Lee Soojin after running away from the wedding? I don't know. I still need to think things through. But don't worry, I got his. Mom will help me as well. Please don't worry about me. Just do well in there, alright?" Jessica stayed positive as she talked to her sister. She doesn't really want Soojung to worry about her. Soojung studies are far more important as of the moment.

"Are you sure, unnie?"

"I'm sure Soojung. Look, I still have classes tomorrow. Gotta go to sleep." Jessica yawned.

"Alright. I'll call soon, okay? Goodnight, I love you! Sugar dreams!" Krystal greeted and bid.

"I love you too, sissy! Take care always!" with that, Jessica hung up.

 

Before she could drift off to sleep, her phone beeped once again and it was a message from Donghae.

From: Baby D

Goodnight princess! See you around tomorrow. God knows how much I miss you. Have a good sleep. Sweet dreams or rather just dream of me haha! I love you, Baby J. To the moon and back. 

She smiled as she read his message. She began typing a reply;

To: Baby D

Sure, will dream of you, baby bear! Goodnight too, D. I love you to the moon and back, always and forever. See you tomorrow <3 I love you.

And as she wait for a reply, she slowly drift off to sleep, began dreaming of her of prince. Then two messages came almost at the same time.

From: Baby D

Sleep now, Baby J. Love you.

 

From: Myungsoo

Engagement party this coming weekend. , right? I'll fill you with more details soon. Goodnight! ;)

__________________________________________________________

author's note

 

I bet this is a long update, isn't it? Tell me how was the 27th chapter by commenting! Promise, I love seeing your positive feedbacks :) Just keep on commenting, alright? It motivates me!

It's just a few days away 'til New Year's Eve!! May you guys have a happy and prosperous 2015!

And yes, next week, classes will resume, much to my disappointment :(

Thanks for reading and I hope you guys liked this update! Love ya!