035

Skinny Love

034
THIRD PERSON'S POV

 

          Jessica found herself admiring the wall full of candid photos. She was in awe upon seeing those wonderful photos of her all posted in a wall. It was all stolen that she can't even remember when and how her boyfriend took all of those pictures of her. That was the surprise that Donghae had prepared for her for their anniversary. Strong twelve months had passed and it seemed like they faced all the problems that life has for them but no, for the both of them, there are far more challenges to face. There are more problems that will challenge the strength of their relationship and they promised each other that they'll face it together, not turning their backs

          "They're all lovely, isn't it?" Donghae, who came out of nowhere, whispered to her ear that made her flinch and gasp. 

          She turned to face him with happy tears. She was out of words to say to express how happy and loved she is that she only managed to give him a tight hug. She's beyond lucky to deserve a guy like him. He's one in a million, one of a kind, the type of guy you'd never ever let go. He's the one that every girl would want to be with and now that she has him, there's no way she'll let this guy go.

          He was her bestfriend and partner, her Superman who would protect her all the time. She's the brother she never had but no, she doesn't see him being just a brother to him. She wanted them more than friends and now that her wishes are slowly coming true one by one, only a fool would hate this kind life.

          She giggled as she smelled his musky scent. "When did you take all these photos of mine?" she whispered back as she closed her eyes, head nuzzled on her boyfriend's neck.

          He chuckled and lowered his head a bit. He kissed the top of her head, her temple and her cheeks. "Those were the times that I'm falling for you the hardest."

          It was Jessica's turn to chuckle as she hit him lightly on the chest. "Stop being cheesy, you're making me blush even more,"

          "At least I get to know that even after all this time I can still make you blush." Donghae commented proudly as he pulled away from the hug and held both of Jessica's hand. He looked at her eyes with so much love as he admired her beauty.

          Jessica is beyond perfection.

          That girl right in front of his eyes.. she's the one he wants to be with for eternity. It's her who he wants to be with for the rest of his life. She's the girl he wanted to be with, the girl he wanted to spend all the firsts that is left to them. She's the girl he wants to marry. It's been a year since that nerve-wracking confession the both of them did at the restaurant. He would laugh at it whenever he remember that time. He still can't help but to call himself stupid for misunderstanding that time but right now, that doesn't matter. What matters is that Jessica's with him now. 

          "Those three words aren't enough to tell you how much I love you, J," Donghae told her as he stared deeply into her brown orbs. A smile formed on Jessica's lips. "And I swear, that love will never change. Never in our wildest dreams, baby."

          Jessica's smile widened as she squeezed both of his hands. "What did I tell you before? she asked. "You don't have to say those three words over and over again, Hae. What's important is you know how to show it and you're showing it."

          Donghae smiled back and leaned his face closer, his nose touching hers as the both of them closed their eyes and closed the gap between the two of them. The both of them shared a passionate kiss.

          "Happy anniversary, fishy." Jessica said in her usual sweet voice when the both of them parted to catch their breaths.

          Donghae chuckled. "Happy anniversary, my J."

 

Please bear in mind that these eyes of mine will always see you and only you, that this love I have is only for the one I love and that's you. Remember that you're the best thing that happened to me and I wouldn't look for anything or anyone else because I finally found what I've been looking for. And even though I can't promise that I won't ever hurt you, I will try my best not. Loving can hurt sometimes, right? But that's what makes us learn and be stronger than before. Heaven knows how lucky I am to have a beautiful, understanding and lovely girlfriend like you. I'll always love you, J, I know you know that. To the moon and back, remember? I know you'll always feel the same way as mine.


          She was totally in tears after reading the letter that is inserted in the bouquet of flowers that Donghae gave her. Those tears were happy tears as she looked at Donghae while crying like a kid and smiling like an idiot. Donghae flashed a smile at her and pulled her in for another hug. She loves it when he's always hugging her in his loving arms. She really could feel how loved she is by him. Donghae hushed and kissed her hair.

          "Don't cry, okay? I know these are worth crying but you know how much I hate when I see you cry," Donghae told her before kissing the tip of her nose, wiping her tears away with his thumb.

          Jessica nodded like a little girl and just hugged her boyfriend until she got enough but no, Jessica would never ever get enough of hugging her Baby Bear. She loves his hugs, his kisses, the way he kisses her hair, the way he holds and squeezes her hand and everything that he does. "Why are you so good at surprises?" 

          Donghae chuckled at her silly question. "Let's just say that I'm really into making surprises," 

          He pulled away from the hug and snatched something in his pocket. Jessica was standing in front of him, quite clueless on what he's doing not until he kneeled in front of her. He showed her a red velvet box revealing a sparkling diamond ring.

          That's when Jessica had an idea on what he's planning to do.

 

          The next thing she knew was she's staring in awe at the diamond ring in front of her. That's when she's sure that he's going to propose to her. At first, doubts started to run round in her head but then she suddenly remembered that he's the guy she really wants to marry. He's the one for her. Not Myungsoo, no one but Donghae.

          He looked up to her and looked at her eyes intently. "I know you're still busy with Soojung's wedding as of the moment but hey, we can schedule ours next year, right? I'm not rushing or something, J. But you know that I don't take 'no' as answer," Donghae smirked. 

          "It's you who I want to be with for the rest of my life. I made a promise to myself that I'll marry you right after we graduate and now, I want the both of us to step into the next chapter of our lives. I know this kind of surprised you and I'm sorry that I can't make this proposal extra special for you but I believe that 'It's the thought that counts'. So, will you marry me?"

          Jessica couldn't believe everything. Behind her was the wall which her random photos were posted and the two of them were surrounded with lit candles. Everything felt so romantic. Now tell me, isn't it that special? For her, it was. She knew that that may look so simple but that means everything to her. He doesn't need to apologize for he made her feel like she's the luckiest woman on Earth. He doesn't need to say sorry for he made her feel that she's special because the truth is, she really is.

          She fanned herself before wiping her happy tears away. Before, the tears streaming down her face was all sad tears but now, it's different. Those tears were tears of joy. Loving him wasn't a mistake. They were at the right place, at the right time. Right from the start, she knew he's the one. He's her first and last and even though she's not his first girlfriend, at least she made it to be his last. 

          Right at that moment, she doesn't care about what's going to happen. Maybe she'll just go with the flow, let things happen because the only thing that matters to her the most was this very moment with Lee Donghae.

           Lee Donghae

          Lee Sooyeon, Jessica Lee, Lee Jessica

          She can't help but to smile at the thought of it and right before she completely forget, she looked down to him with so much love and answered.

          "Yes."

 

          Tiffany was left in the apartment with the newly arrived Soojung who just came out on a date with Myungsoo. Sure, she's not yet aware about her upcoming surprise wedding. No one gives a single clue or hint to her. So apparently, Krystal is totally clueless about what's gonna happen a month from now. The both of them were in their own worlds, scrolling up and down on their phones while checking out their own SNS. Tiffany went to Instagram and gasped upon seeing the first post that she saw.

          It was Jessica's post with Jessica showing her right hand wearing a diamond ring in her ring finger.

jessica.syj: to the moon and back

          "Oh to the my to the g, Jung Soojung," Tiffany muttered as she dashed out of the room to go to Krystal. "Someone's engaged!! Like, really engaged! This one's legit, I swear!" Tiffany shouted to the whole apartment that made Soojung cover her ears for a moment.

          "Who's engaged?" Krystal asked first but when she realized something, her eyes widened instantly. "Don't tell me Donghae-oppa already..."

          "YES HE ALREADY DID FOR PETE'S SAKE, THANK HEAVENS HE FINALLY PROPOSED TO SOOYEON!!!!" Tiffany shouted at the top of her lungs like there's no tomorrow. The both of them squealed together like they're the one who's getting married but the truth is, really, there's someone who'll get married to the both of them.

          After a couple of minutes, the two of them finally calmed down. After talking about Jessica and her love life has been, the topic suddenly went to Soojung. Tiffany began asking her questions about her and Myungsoo, how's their relationship going, what's her plan in the future and many things. 

          "Do you see yourself marrying Myungsoo, by any chance?" Tiffany began asking the million-dollar question. The wedding lies to Soojung's answer and when she answers 'no', there's a big turn around. Everything that Jessica had prepared for the past week will all be wasted but hey, they could use it to her very own wedding.

          Krystal thought at first before answering. "I guess you can say that,"

          Tiffany grinned widely.

 


          Jessica woke up beautifully that day. Everything around her felt nice that cheers her mood up. Before getting up, she checked her phone to see two text messages from Donghae and her dad. Seeing her dad's name in her phone, her smile abruptly faded. Could it be that he knew about it already? 

          She opened Donghae's text message first saying, "Good morning, princess. Did you sleep well? Don't worry about me, I had a very good sleep last night. I dreamed of you, did you dream of me? Haha! Don't skip meals, J. Love you and have a nice day ahead!"

          She can't help but to smile while reading his text message. She glanced at the sleeping person who is still sleeping before opening the text message that her father had sent her. 

          From: Appa

Meet me at my office at 2pm, sharp. We have something to talk about.

          Jessica could imagine her father saying that to her face to face. By just imagining it sent chills down to her spine that made her kind of bothered but neiher her Mom or Dad could stop her from marrying the man she really love. It soon hit her that her father's still clueless about Myungsoo's plan. She placed her phone on top of the table before getting up.

          "Seems like Mr. Kim hasn't told him yet," Jessica told herself before heading to the bathroom, leaving the half-awake Soojung.

          Just as the door closed, Soojung sat up straight from her lying position while rubbing her eyes cutely. She heard what her sister had just said a few minutes ago and she couldn't understand why she mentioned Myungsoo's father that left her with some questions: What is Mr. Kim not telling? And what is he supposed to tell to that someone? Who's that someone?

 

          "Miss Jessica? Mr. Jung will see you now." her dad's secretary told her and ushered her towards the door of her father's office. She kept on eyeing her father's secretary ever since she got there. Aside from the fact that she hates her since she stepped foot into her father's company, her father's secretary sounds flirty and she keep on wearing revealing clothes. 

          Jessica rolled her eyes at her before entering her father's office. Jessica honestly felt a little nervous while driving to the Jung Co. and it was a good thing that she made it there whole and alive. Heaven knows how nervous she is that she kept on shaking at first.

          "What is it you want to talk about," Jessica paused for a while, quite lost on what is she supposed to call him. "...Dad?"

          It was a relief that her father doesn't look mad at all but maybe, just maybe that he's angry or upset or mad or whatever. He must have saw the post already or he could've saw it in the Entertainment news section in the newspaper or something. She's pretty sure she kind of made a mess but who cares? People don't know her and what's she's going through so they couldn't judge her. 

          Jangwon put down the papers that he's reading and faced his daughter. "I see that you're engaged, Jung Sooyeon." he started.

          Jessica inhaled before holding her chin up high and confidently nodded. "Yes, I am. And what does my engagement has to do?"

          "You can't be engaged with two men all at the same time." Jangwon replied, furrowing his eyebrows. 

          Jessica smirked. "My engagement with Myungsoo? I thought he called the wedding off? Didn't Mr. Kim tell you?"

          Jangwon found himself asking questions to himself. Sure, he doesn't know a single thing as of the moment and Myungsoo's father haven't told him the flashing news yet. "Seems like he hasn't told you yet," Jessica added after seeing her father's reaction.

          She made herself comfortable in her father's office as she propped herself down on the chair in front of her father's desk. "The wedding isn't actually off. Myungsoo kept the deal that both of you and Mr. Kim had made. It's just that we made some changes into the wedding." Jessica smiled, teasing her father.

          "What changes?"

          "Myungsoo's planning to marry Soojung," Jessica replied with a smirk formed on her thin lips. "Are you okay with that?"

          Jangwon didn't reply but he seemed to be thinking about it.

          He sighed after coming up with a decision. "The media knows that you're the one who's going to marry the Kim Enterprises' heir, Jung Sooyeon. Are you sure of this?"

          "Myungsoo and I have two different lives. We basically don't fit with each other. He loves Krystal while I love somebody else. How can you expect such thing to work if you'll push the both of us to marry each other?" Jessica replied.

          Jangwon nodded. "I'll clean the fuss you made."

          Jessica nodded back and gave him a smile. "Thank you, Dad."

          She was about to turn her back to her father when he called her name, "Sooyeon-ah?"

          Jessica turned to face him a brow raised asking what is it that he still wants.

          "I'm sorry for everything that I have caused you. You must really hate me for those and it's such a funny thing that the least thing I could do is to apologize to you." Jangwon told her as he apologized.

          Jessica's expression on her face softened and gave her father a smile.

          "I'll let you do the things you want, princess. I'm sorry if Dad became the monster you hated back when you were a little girl," Mr. Jung added that made her tear a bit. "You and Soojung will always be Daddy's princesses, alright? Take care of your sister."

          Jessica nodded as she sniffed. "Yes, Dad."

          She turned her back and walked towards the door, she was about to twist the knob when Jangwon called her name once again. "And Sooyeon?"

          Jessica looked at her father with questioning eyes.

          "I want to meet Lee Donghae."

          She nodded and left her father's office with a smile.

_________________________________________________________________________________

author's note

Hi guys! How many days did it take me to make a new update? Sorry if it's just now, been really busy lately (and still busy). But anyway, here's an update. I apologize if it's short and kind of lame. It's just that my brain's not functioning well that I can't come up with something really long and great but it's better that there;s an update instead of none haha :) Comments are appreciated so feel free to send your feedbacks by commenting below.

Thanks for always reading Skinny Love and thanks to those who voted, subscribed and to those who always post their comments. Love y'all. Please stay with me 'til the end. Happy Valentine's Day to all of you! Spread the love <3

P.S: I'm ending this soon :'( /cries a river/