005

Skinny Love

chapter oo5

DONGHAE'S POV


I woke up with the smell of pancakes.

At first, I didn't mind, thinking I'm just being delusional so I went back to sleep.

But a few minutes after, the smell of coffee woke me up again. Pancakes and coffee.

Who would prepare such things for me when I'm all alone in my apartment? Dang, I'm not scared to any mythical creatures but who the heck is preparing all of those?

I gently got up from my bed, avoiding to make any noise.

Who could it be?

I glanced at my alarm clock and it reads 9:45 in the morning. The sun was already up and the weather's too gloomy, I wonder how will our date go? For me t'was a date even if I call it a 'hang-out'. I don't want to sound so obvious or else she'll speculate.

The sound of plates and utensils were heard from the kitchen. It's way too early for Halloween, why is that person trying to scare the hell out of me? I opened the door quietly. Thank goodness, it didn't creak.

I managed to get near in the kitchen and hid behind the cabinet.

I took a peek.

Jessica.

Jessica? What is she doing here? How did she even get inside of my damn apartment? I glanced at the dining table, scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes and a cup of coffee. She prepared some breakfast for me? No doubt, I'm in love with this girl.

I stepped out of the dark and went towards her.

Her back was facing me, she was washing the pans she used.

Damn, so gorgeous.

I went to the dining table and pulled the chair, she must've heard the little noise that the chair made that she turned her back to face me.

I gave her a smile.

"Oh, good morning! I prepared some breakfast for you!" she greeted with a great big smile.

"Morning, why don't you join me?" I suggested.

She nodded and just in time, she finished washing and dried her hands.

"Wow, I didn't know you can cook?" I teased.

She pouted, "Yah, I can cook somehow!"

We both laughed.

She stared at me for a while, I kept my cool and got some scrambled egg and bacon for myself. I put some on her plate too since she's busy again. Zoning out has been her habit and she still can't get over with it. Silly Sica.

"Don't stare at me like that, you're melting me." I told her and she went back to her senses immediately as if nothing happened.

I laughed at her silliness. How can this girl makes my heart beats faster than it really should? Damn, sounds gay but there's nothing wrong with expressing your feelings.

"S-Sorry," she sighed and started eating as well.

An awkward and silent atmosphere surrounded the two of us.

No one dared to speak.

Even if I really wanted to speak.

I couldn't find the right words to say. What am I supposed to say?

"Bet you woke up too early just to get here and do these. Why are you here, by the way?" I asked her, breaking the silence.

She nodded as she munched a piece of the pancake she's eating. I admit it, the food tastes so good even though I always saying that it tastes so bad or something, truth is, it really does taste good.

"Tiffany and Siwon went out of town and again, she woke me up at 5 in the morning just to tell me that she's going somewhere and I should leave our apartment secured," she answered.

I nodded. Siwon did mention me that he's planning to go out of town with Tiffany.

Jessica and I kept eating until we were done.

"Thanks for the food, it tastes so good!" I thanked and complimented.

She widened her eyes all of a sudden. I froze, why? Did I say something bad?

"Wae?"

She shook her head and said, "Nothing. This is the first time you complimented my cooking skills,"

Oh, is it?

I chuckled, "Well, it doesn't really mean that it really does taste bad, you know. I'm just kidding you back then," I winked at her as an assurance.

Her face brightened, abruptly stood up and jumped in joy. What a kid, really.

"Kyaaaah! I know you love the foods I am cooking!" in so much joy, she suddenly hugged me, real tight.

I gulped.

Why are you making me feel like this?

Then everything went awkward again.

 

All of this things are kinda new to me. We never really get awkward with each other. As far as I'm concerned, we're always comfortable with each other, no matter what we do. This is the first time we felt awkward with each other, well not literally the first time, ever since I felt something towards her. Maybe it's just me, isn't it? Maybe for her, she's still comfortable with me. Yes, I'm still comfortable with her but not as comfortable as before. Man, this feelings really drives me crazy.

As soon as she realized it, she pulled away and cleared , "Sorry," she apologized.

I gave her a small smile and just nodded.

"Looks like we're spending the rest of the day?" I gave her a questioning look with a smirk on my face.

She shook her head once again, "Maybe a day or two? Or three? I don't know."

I furrowed my brows, what does she mean by two or three? Meaning she's staying with me for two or three days?

"What do you mean?"

"Tiffany told me to stay with you while she's out with Siwon. I refused at first, trying to convince her that I'm fine being all alone but then she dropped me here." she pouted while explaining.

She looks so cute while doing that.

Thank you, Tiffany. God knows how much I'm thankful to you for entrusting Jessica with me.

"Is it okay if I stay here for a while?" Jessica asked me.

"Sure!" I answered right away, "Besides, that's what friends are for, right? You're always welcome here."

Yes, we're just friends, right?

She flashed a smile and held my right hand, "Thank you, oppa!"

My heart skipped a beat.

I shyly smiled and scratched the back of my head using my left hand, "No need to thank me, though!"

"I'm so glad you're here! I don't know what to do without you in my life. I'll probably be all alone if you're not here," she continuously told me. How talkative.

"Tch, why are you like that? You're acting like a kid. Stop it, aish." I pretended to be annoyed.

She just laughed at me.

"We're still going to watch a movie later, right?" she asked me, changing the topic.

I nodded, "Why?"

"Nothing, I'm just wondering what will we watch later," she pretended like she was thinking of some movies to watch.

She really looked so cute today. Her hair was tied in a braid, she's wearing a denim shorts and white v-neck shirt. She looked so simple yet effortlesly gorgeous.

"I haven't think about it too. Let's just see later," I gave her an assuring smile.

Suddenly, my phone beeped.

Someone sent me a text message.

It was from Tiffany saying:

Better take care of my Sica or else you're dead! We'll be back after four days, okay? Enjoy your date! :)

Four days with Jessica?

Of course, I'll take care of her.

It's what I really wanted.

To take care of her...

and also her heart.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 5th chapter! Tell me how was it by leaving a comment below :) Hope you guys liked it and thanks for reading! Lovelots xoxo.

If there are any typographical errors, wrong grammar or mispelled words, apologies. English is not my first language so please bear with me :) Thanks again.