040

Skinny Love

038

THIRD PERSON'S POV


 

Jessica blinked her eyes a quite few times, tried rubbing it. She wasn’t sure at first if she’s actually seeing Lee Donghae at the end of the aisle, waiting for and smiling at her. And then everything stopped processing in her mind. She realized something that she couldn’t believe.

Suddenly, she recalled Krystal winking at her. She recalled herself, being frantic about why Myungsoo isn’t at the altar earlier. And it became clear to her that that day, the wedding she’d planned, arranged and prepared wasn’t really for her sister.

“Who’s this plan all along?” she asked herself. Then suddenly, her father and mother came.

She found herself the only one standing, the only one that the guests are waiting for. She found Krystal marching down the aisle. She felt tears forming in her eyes as she realized that that day, that very big day was actually her own wedding.

Mama Jung saw her teary-eyed daughter and knew how her daughter feels. Yes, she was totally surprised. Lately, after finishing everything, she started thinking of her own wedding preparations as well. By just thinking about that fact makes her feel giddy and so much excited for that special day to come. And who would’ve thought that the long wait is over and she didn’t even see it coming.

“Oh my, what about Krystal and Myungsoo?” she asked both of her parents. “Isn’t their wedding today? Why is it suddenly my wedding?”

Appa Jung gave his daughter a smile before answering. “Those two are still kids. And who told you that I’m giving my Soojung just like that after you’ve been taken away from me?”

Jessica was touched upon hearing those words from her father. She got the confirmation that it is indeed her wedding. The three of them started walking down the aisle. All of the guests were only looking for one person. And that was her.

But for Jessica’s eyes at that very moment, there’s only person she could see.

And that’s the man waiting for her at the altar, at the very down of the aisle she’s walking down.

 

 

The three reached the end of the aisle and even though Appa Jung doesn’t want to let go of his daughter’s hand, he has to. He felt tears in his eyes as he gave his daughter’s hand to the man who stole his daughter’s heart.

“Take care of my princess, alright?” he asked Donghae before he could even give Jessica to him.

Donghae, on the other hand, gave him a smile of assurance and nodded. “I surely will, Sir. I’ll make her my queen.”

Jessica’s cheeks turned rosy pink in an instant and finally, Jangwon gave his daughter’s hand to Donghae.

 


 

"Standing here right in front of you just seemed so surreal. I won’t deny that I was really surprised. Standing here in front of you feels like a dream. You’ve been with me through the ups and downs. You were there at my worst. You’ve seen me going through a lot and you would always help me. You were my Superman and knight in shining armor.

First of all, I want to say thank you to you for everything. I won’t mention it, too many to mention. Thank you for always being there for me when I need someone. Thank you for always taking care of me, for loving me unconditionally.

The two of us, we’ve been through a lot. We’ve faced problems, challenges and the likes but we never gave up. We were so strong that despite of all those bumpy roads we took, we never ever said no because we know to ourselves that those are what makes our relationship strong.

I don’t care about those problems because as long as I’m with you, as long as we’re together, we can face all the challenges life has for the both of us.

And today, as we step into the next chapter of our lives, I just want to tell you how thankful I am to God for giving me such a sweet and loving guy like you. I want you to know that I’ll love you more and more each day, I’ll cherish all the moments we had, we’re having and will have. I want you to know that you’re the one I want to spend the rest of my life with, I want you to be the father of my kids and I want you to be the one I am with until I’m already a granny.

God knows, heaven knows how much I love you. I love you with all of my heart and from today on wards, I’ll take care of you, I’ll love you even more, I’ll always be there for you because in the end, we’ll always have each other.

I love you that the phrase itself can’t tell how much I do. I love you, baby bear. Please keep that in your mind and in your heart.

I’ll always love you."


 

“Love, God knows how much thankful I am to have you in my life. I thank Him for giving me not just a bestfriend, but also an amazing girl like you to spend the rest of my life with. Heaven knows how much in love I am with you and I’ll never get tired falling in love with you.

You were my best friend turned into a girlfriend, became my fiancée and now, you’re going to be mine forever. You’ve always been there for me whenever, wherever, whatever situation I am in. You’ve always been there to cheer me up, to make me smile, to brighten up my day because it only takes you to make my day and life complete.

You make my life complete, J. And now, standing right here in front of me is enough for me to know that you’re here to complete my life infinitely. I promise to never get tired of loving you. I’ll take care of you like what I’ve promised to your parents. I’ll always be your knight in shining armor, your Superman, your Batman, your Ironman, your Captain America, whatever. I want you to know that I will always be right here for you and that I won’t even dare to leave you.

Not now, not ever.

You’re the one that I want. The one who I want to be the mother of my kids, the one I want to grow old with, the one that will surely love me for the rest of her life. And I know you’re the one that I am looking for.

I will love you as long as the stars are above us.

I promise to be a good husband to you. I can still be your bestfriend. Nothing will change, just your last name, though. We’ll still be the Donghae and Jessica, loving each other like there’s no tomorrow. I promise to take care of you, to love you more and more each day.

I love you and that will never change, baby.”


 

“I now pronounce you husband and wife,” the priest announced as the guests clapped their hands in glee to see the newly-weds. Donghae couldn’t just wait for the priest to tell him to kiss the bride. And now that it’s time, he really couldn’t just wait. “You may now kiss the bride.”

That’s when he lifted up the veil. He cupped her face and placed his lips onto her pink rosy lips.

The both of them shared a perfectly romantic kiss as the crowd cheered and applauded.

 

That day is the most surprising yet best day that Jessica ever had in her life. All thanks to her husband, Lee Donghae.


 

no, this is not yet the end :) there's still an epilogue.