003

Skinny Love

chapter 003

JESSICA’S POV

I don’t even know where we are heading.

I don’t even have any idea if Tiffany or Siwon already sent him a message.

All I know is we’re heading to some place I don’t know and that we’re going to Tiffany and Siwon.

Wait.

It just occurred to me that why shouldn’t I ask him.

Aish, pabo Jessica! How stupid can you be?

“Yah oppa, where are we—“

He interrupted me.

“I’m driving, talk to me later.” He replied.

I rolled my eyes.

I admit he looked so cool while driving and the fact that he’s so good at changing lanes just amazes me. How can he amaze me by just driving and changing lanes?! Well, you know, I have this thing for cool guys and he looks so cool right now, even when he’s not driving.

His right hand holds the steering wheel while his head rests on his left hand. You know what I mean. He’s driving in one hand, in my very own car.

“You don’t use your mouth in driving, right? So you can talk,” I smirked in victory.

At last, I made a point!

He sighed.

I totally won and there’s no way he could argue.

“So, where are we going?” I repeat.

He looked at his side for a while and put back his attention to the road before he answered, “I don’t know.”

My eyes widened.

“What do you mean you don’t know? You should know! Has Tiffany or Siwon already sent you a message? Where are they? Yah, answer me!” I continuously asked.

“How can I even answer when you bombarded me with a lot of questions? My mind can’t process all of them in one go, just so you know,” he replied with an annoyed face.

I took me a while before I apologized, “Sorry,”

He’s annoyed already. Is this a minus point for me? Oh, shut the hell up Jessica!

I decided to keep quiet and just go with the flow.


I don’t care where he wants to take me, as far as I’m with him, I know I’m safe.




I was looking out of the window, watching the cars passing by us.  I swear I’m catching Donghae’s glancing at me from time to time. Thanks to the side mirror of my car though. Maybe he noticed that I shut my mouth up already. Well, too weird for me because I don’t actually shut up. I’m talkative when I’m around him usually. I guess, many things had really changed. Just like my feelings. This is no bestfriend feelings anymore, this is the feeling of liking someone.

Aish, what am I thinking?

“You okay?” he asked.

He’s dying, I bet. He can’t stand seeing me at this state. He wants me to talk and talk and talk even if he’s not responding. He doesn’t want me to shut up either. He always wants to hear my voice, I don’t know maybe he likes me too or there’s just a seventy percent chance that I’m just assuming, whatever.

I don’t feel like using my mouth right now. I fished my Sharpie and notepad in my bag and wrote something.

You’re driving, aren’t you? Don’t talk, then.

I passed him the note.

 

He chuckled suddenly.

My turned as I looked at him with that cheeky smile and an amused expression plastered on his face. Kiddo.

I gave him a glare.

He just stared at me for a good minute and put his attention back to the road.

“Please, Jessica. I can’t stand it when you’re like this,” he chuckled once again.

I gave him no response.

“Are you upset with me now?” he asked.

Still, I don’t feel like answering.

“Seriously?” he laughed like a kid.

What a kid, really.


“You’ll answer me or I’ll stop this car and send you out?” he threatened.

I smirked.

“You can never send the owner of this car out,” VICTORY IS MINE!!!

I let out an evil laugh.

“Oh yeah, I forgot. How about you’ll answer me or I’ll kiss you?”

I was in the middle of my mini-celebration because another victory is mine that I seemed so lunatic as of the moment and I don't care about what he's saying or what I'm doing. How carefree of me, yeah right. I don't care, I won another argument!

“Whatever, I won’t answer!!” I replied without my mind’s permission and continued my celebration.

I was clapping my hands like a little girl when he parked the car at the side of the road and stopped.

 

The next thing I knew was I felt his lips landed on my cheek.


It was just a kiss on the cheek and that happened really fast that he’s already driving again right now. Wait, my mind can’t process. It’s loading, it’s still processing and it won’t just register.
 

DID HE JUST KISS ME?!


I looked at him with widened eyes.

He was smiling like an idiot.

He was smiling from ear to ear.

 

Sometimes, it makes me wonder if he likes me too or I’m just assuming.

But maybe, I was.

Maybe, it’s just an assumption.

Because maybe he’s way too comfortable with me that he can do such things on me.

After all, I’m his bestfriend.

Just his freaking bestfriend.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Thanks for reading the third chapter! How was it? I hope y'all liked it ^^ Leave a comment if you want ^^ Thanks again! :)