031

Skinny Love


 

031

THIRD PERSON'S POV


"Did you see her? She kept on looking at Myungsoo! She kept on throwing glances at him during the party! I bet she likes our dongsaeng!" Sunggyu exclaimed.

Sungyeol frowned. "How can you be so sure? Maybe she's just checking him out if Myungsoo's really good for her sister, you know? You always jump into conclusions so easy, hyung."

Woohyun and Hoya snorted and laughed out loud. "You're just jealous, Yeol! You like her, don't you?"

"Eh? I don't! As if I'll like her, she's not even my type!" Sungyeol defended himself right away causing her hyungs to laugh out loud once again.

"But here's the thing, Myungsoo once mentioned me that she saw this certain girl when he was in New York. He told me he had saved her from those drunkards and you wouldn't believe me, he once told me he's kind of infatuated with that girl." Hoya told the others in a low tone, afraid that Myungsoo might hear him say that.

What they didn't know was Myungsoo was there, leaning in the door frame, clearly listening to what they're talking about. He did remember that time he had saved Jessica's sister from the bad guys who almost tried to hurt her. He knows to himself how much Soojung occupied his mind before. He can't help thinking about what happened that night. 

FLASHBACK

It was when he passed by a dark alley when he heard muffling sounds, it's like there's someone trying to cover someone's mouth to avoid her make a noise. Right there he knew someone needs help as he heard someone screaming. He made his way to that dark alley and saw a girl struggling to free herself from the tight grip of a man. There were only two of them. 

He cracked his knuckles as he approached those guys who's trying to hurt the poor girl. His jaw clenched and balled his fist. 

Soojung thought everything will end at that every moment. Now she regretted going out to buy some coffee to the nearbly coffee shop. She should've just stayed to her dorm. She's strong but she can't free herself from the tight grips of those men holding her. They're trying to her. She doesn't know what to do as she kept on struggling to free herself. She screamed as she asked for help only for to be covered by one of those man who has a stinky hand. She tried pushing and kicking the man who's holding her but he's just too strong to let go of her.

She felt hopeless. She felt like that is the end of everything for her. She was about to give up when she heard a yell from someone. Her eyes were blurry because of the tears on her eyes. 

The next thing she knew was she's already free from that man's grip and someone's throwing punches to those jerks who tried hurting her, who almost her. She was too afraid and traumatized by what just happened that she only managed to cry. Her knees felt weak and she had gone dizzy. She crouched down as she hugged her knees and continued crying her heart out.

Fighting with those bastards was just easy for someone like Myungsoo. In fact, after throwing some good punches on their faces, they ran away, quite afraid of him to break their faces which Myungsoo intended to. As he looked at the disappearing figures of those men, he turned his attention to the crying girl at the corner.

She looked helpless and scared. He approached her and helped her stand up for she's feeling so weak.

"A-Are you okay, miss?" he asked. He felt stupid by asking that question, of course she's not. 

The girl didn't bother answering his question. She barely heard what he had said, her eyes became so blurry as she felt her world spinning faster. Myungsoo held her on his arms, waiting for her to respond but then, all of a sudden, she fainted.

"Ah, jinjja. Why do you have to sleep now? I don't even know you, I don't even know where you live. How am I supposed to know if you're sleeping?" Myungsoo asked as he sighd in frustration.

He didn't know where to take her. He doesn't even know her. But still, it would be really rude of him if he just leave her there unconscious. He sighed as he carried her to his car, bridal style and placed her at the backseat of his car. He then decided to take her to the hospital since he noticed she has scratches and wounds.


Soojung woke up, white cream walls welcoming her eyes. It was bright that it almost blinded her. She rubbed her eyes and soon, she realized she's in the hospital. She wondered what was she doing there and by the time she looked at her arms and saw some scratches, it occurred to her last night's happening. Now, the question that was left in her mind was who helped her get in the hospital? Who saved her?

As if on cue, the door of the room opened revealing a guy in a black shirt and a black coat. He looked tired as his eyes told her. It seems like he barely got some sleep last night. When he saw her finally awake, he smiled at her. She can tell that he's a Korean. Now, she's pretty thankful that he is.

"Who are you? Were you the one who saved me last night?" she asked him.

He only nodded his head.

"What am I doing here?"

He sat on the couched, eyes never leaving hers. "You fainted last night and I saw your scratches and wounds so I decided to take you here. Also, I don't have any idea where to take you. It would be uncomfortable for you if I take you to my place. So I took you here. At least in here, your wounds will be treated." 

She nodded as she looked away. There's something in his eyes that melts her. He's handsome, that's the first thing she thought the moment he stepped in the room. But she just can't like someone whom she just met. Maybe she do owe her life to him and maybe it would be a lifetime gratitude that she has for him.

"Thanks for saving me by the way. I wouldn't know what to do if you didn't come." Soojung thanked him as she lowered her head and smiled a bit.

"To be honest, I never really knew the reason why I went out last night. I just wanted to drive and drive until where my car takes me. Good thing my windows are down that I heard someone screaming for help. Maybe you're the reason why I went out. To help you?" he replied with a smile, showing off his dimples.

The moment she saw him smile, she was amazed on how amazing he looked. His dimples are so perfect like it was carved on his face whenever he smiles. She doesn't know what's with him that he's making her heart beat fast. 

"How about you? Girls like you shouldn't go outside when it's already late. Why are you still out last night?" he asked. All of a sudden, it came back rushing to her, She remembered her struggles, her screams and her cries. It was really a good thing that he was there to save her.

She shook her head. "I just went tou get some coffee and snacks. I haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon so that's why I went out and the rest is history I wouldn't there to bring up."

Myungsoo felt sorry after asking such stupid questions. He used to be always sure about what he's saying but talking to the girl in front of him makes him look like a stupid guy. But then, there he knew why she fainted. The doctor told him she frequently skip meals that's why she fainted.

"From now on, don't skip meals, alright?" she nodded her head. "And since you woke up already, you'll be discharged in a while. Don't worry, everything's settled. You just only have to leave."

Now Soojung thought she really owes him a lot. She owes him big time. "Thank you so much. I really do owe you big time."

He just chuckled and stood up. "Everything's prepared for you already, miss. Now, if you'll excuse me, I still have a flight to catch,"

He was about to open the door when Soojung called him again and asked, "What's your name, if you wouldn't mind me asking?"

He didn't look back, he just listened to her question that caused him to chuckle. He turned his head to her and smiled, "Do you believe in destiny?"

Soojung's eyebrows creased.

"Because I do and if we see each other again, I'll introduce myself to you formally, Miss Jung." he smiled at her one last time before leaving.

END OF FLASHBACK

"And who's this girl Myungsoo's infatuated with?" Sunggyu asked curiously.

Hoya was about to answer when Myungsoo cut him off, still leaning on the door frame with a frown. "Why do you want to know, Sunggyu hyung?" he looked at Sunggyu as he asked and diverted his look to Hoya. "And hyung, how dare you bring up the past?"

The four of them had gone speechless when they noticed Myungsoo's presence who was there all along. All of them looked surprised upon seeing him there.

"W-What do you mean?" Hoya stammered while grinning like an idiot.

Myungsoo sighed and shook his head, shrugging the thought. "Whatever." then he walked out.

After he left, Sunggyu poked Hoya. "Who's the girl again?"

 

After the weekend, of course, it's all about school again.

The engagement party that was held last Friday night was the talk of the town and now that Myungsoo's going to the same university as Jessica and the others made it really worse for Jessica. It was not Myungsoo's fault though. It was both of their fathers who decided to transfer him there. Now, it would be really hard for Jessica to meet with Donghae since her father ordered Myungsoo to drive her home from school. 

That Monday, Myungsoo picked Jessica up from her apartment. Before leaving the apartment, Tiffany eyed her, probably reminding her about their talk days ago. There's nothing much to worry for it's still crystal clear for Jessica. The thing is, she needs to talk to Myungsoo as well regarding the new setup their fathers had done to them. 

"This far beyond torture." that's the first thing she had heard from him the moment she got in the car. He looked annoyed from what she had noticed. It's still early for someone to be so grumpy today but she didn't mind. Jessica, herself, was annoyed as well They're both annoyed because of their fathers.

"They want me to drive you home everyday. What am I? A chauffeur? Hell no!" he complained

Jessica chuckled. "It's not like you'll do it, you know? That's why we're on each other's team! Don't worry, I'll tell them that you're driving me home even though you're not. I don't want to bother you eaither so you don't have to be all so grumpy. It's too early for that!" 

He sighed. "Fine," he muttered, eyes still focused on the road. "Thanks."

"We're both thankful to each other, pabo," she laughed. "Soojung mentioned me you guys met before."

Myungsoo expected her to bring up that topic. He doesn't know why he expected but from what he had observed from Soojung that night, she still remembers him. Too bad, he haven't introduced himself yet to her formally. She still looks the same except for the fact that she grew more beautiful than before. He began to think if it's really destiny. Ever since he walked out of that room, he can't just take her away from his mind. He tried to convince himself that he'll no longer see her, that he needs to get over with her. Then he convinced himself that if it's meant to be, it will be.

"We did, so what?" he tried to sound cold for her to change the topic thinking that maybe showing no interest at all will make her stop from talking about it.

"Thank you for being my sister's knight in shining armor that night. If it wasn't for you, I don't know what would happen to her."

Myungsoo tsked. "Knight in shining armor? Nonsense," he shook his head. "I just did what I should be doing and why are you suddenly bringing this up?" he asked.

Jessica grinned like from ear to ear. "Nothing," she giggled. "Isn't she beautiful?"

Myungsoo had gone speechless as he gulped and cleared his throat. Now, he doesn't know what's going on inside Jessica's head. What is she trying to do? What's her real motive? Either way, he found himself answering Jessica's question.

"She is," he cleared his throat once again as he began to feel uncomfortable.

"It's really a good thing that she's fixing her papers now in New York. She'll go back here to study!" Jessica cheered. Throwing glances at Myungsoo from time to time to see his reaction. She noticed that he stiffened but he remained focus on the road.

"Oh, she is? That's good to know," he commented, really feeling uncomfortable. 

"Don't you think it's destiny? You know it's quite rare for strangers who met before meet again for the second time around. Isn't it great?" she asked, trying to sound happy. It's part of her matchmaking plan. She's trying to figure out if he has something for her. She wants to know if there's a chance that he might fall for her sister. And by the looks of it, she thinks there is a chance. Bingo.

"What are you pointing out, then?" Myungsoo finally asked that left her dumbfounded, thinking of something to answer.

"Well... uhm.. you know, I'm just happy to know that she'll study here and I was just surprised to know that you guys already met each other back in New York. Isn't it destiny, Myung?" she asked, quite bothered by what she said. She doesn't know what she's saying anymore. 

Myungsoo just shook his head. He knows she's pointing out something. He can't deny the fact that he's happy that he met her once again. He almost couldn't believe that he would see her again. Well, maybe it really is destiny for him and Soojung.

"Destiny, tch" he muttered as he shook his head. It seems like acting like not interested at all isn't effective. Yes, he still does believe in destiny and he even more believed now that Soojung suddenly showed once again to his life. Yes, he did like her before but he's quite unsure of his feelings for her now after his past relationship with Suji and having tiny feelings for Jessica. It's not that hard to have feelings for her, she's lovely, everyone knows that. However, he knows where to stands and he knows to himself that he has no chances with her 

Maybe I'm really bound to Soojung. He thought to himself. What am I even thinking? Scratch that!

Before Jessica could open again, he interrupted her as he halted the car. "We're here."

 

Myungsoo was the first one to get off for him to open the cdoor for Jessica. She's a princess as she stated to him, therefore he has to open the car door for her whenever they're together. It's not much of a problem for Myungsoo. He really tends to open the doors for girls. He's that gentleman.

Just as Jessica got off of the car and before Myungsoo could start walking, she pulled him closer to her to hide. 

"What are you doing?" Myungsoo asked as he stayed behind Jessica who's taking a peek at somewhere.

There she saw Donghae with Qian, looked like he had picked her up from her house or apartment or wherever she is from to school. Myungsoo took a peek as well and saw where Jessica's looking at. A hint of jealousy was sensed in Jessica as she clenched her jaw.

She doesn't know why but she grabbed Myungsoo's hand and dragged him away from the parking area, away from Donghae and Qian. 

"Someone's jealous." Myungsoo teased as he laughed a bit at her.

Jessica rolled her eyes as she continued dragging Myungsoo along the corridor, ignoring the stares of the students. Myungsoo kept on teasing Jessica. He finds her cute when she's getting annoyed.

"I am not."

"You are,"

"I am not, why are you so stubborn?" Jessica asked, really getting annoyed.

"Because someone's jealous." he continued teasing her while smirking.

Jessica stopped and let go of his hand. She glared at him while fuming in anger, hands on her waist. "You know what? Go find the office yourself! I don't even know why I'm helping you get there."

He chuckled. "I'm very sorry. It's just that noona looks so cute when she's pissed off." he told her formally. 

Why is he suddenly being formal to her? Just because she's his noona? Now, she felt like she's really getting old. Goodness gracious, she's still in her early twenties, it's not that old.

She sighed and crossed her arms, still looking at him.

He gave her a teasing smile and wrapped his arm around her neck. "I told you, I'm sorry. Can noona take me to the office now?" he asked while smirking.

She sighed once again and freed herself from his arm before turning around to lead the way. "Follow me."

And he did.

"So cute." he muttered to himself as he watched her walk ahead, following her.

But then something caught his eyes, two pairs of eyes we're on them, watching him and Jessica. Donghae and the girl he is with earlier in the parking area.

Myungsoo and Donghae looked at each other for a good minute. It seems like Donghae's eyeing him, saying something through his eyes that if looks could kill, Myungsoo could be dead any minute now.

Myungsoo got Donghae's point.

He just shook his head before looking what's ahead of him and continued following Jessica to the office to get his schedule. 

I may have the tiniest feelings for this girl walking ahead of me, I still know where I stand. I have no plans of taking her away from her boyfriend. I have no plans to get on their way. So there's nothing to worry about. What are they so worried about?

"People and their paranoias, really." Myungsoo said to himself and ran to catch up to where his jealous noona is.

_____________________________________________________________________

author's note


Sorry if this is just the update I came up with. It's just that I'm bsuy with something as of the moment but I do hope you guys liked it somehow. Well, I hope you guys did. 

Also, please tell me what you think about the updates I post. Your comments really make me happy, telling me what you guys think will hapen next can also help me come up with something to update next. :) Well, this chapter features more of MyungStal tho ^^

Thanks for reading. Lots of love <3