032

Skinny Love

THIRD PERSON’S POV


     “I don’t even know why you’re here? Why are you here?” Jessica asked the man sitting across her as she scratched the top of her head because of frustration. The fact that she’ll be with Myungsoo more often now annoys here. It’s not that she hates Myungsoo, she doesn’t. It’s just that she’s not comfortable when Myungsoo’s around. One thing is, it’s too hard for Donghae not to be jealous, being the possessive boyfriend he is. Jessica knows Donghae wouldn’t like the idea of Myungsoo studying in the same university as them but they just can’t do anything. Everything happens too fast just before they know it.

     Myungsoo shrugged as he looked at her with a bored face, resting his chin on his hand. For him, it’s like he still have an option. There’s a part of him that yes, likes to be in the same place with Jessica but another part of him doesn’t want to. He knows to himself that he has these tiny feelings for her and he has to stop liking her from now on. It’s not going to work for the both of them. He doesn’t want to take advantage of their engagement either. He knows where to stand and as much as possible, he just wants to stay where he’s standing.

     “Gosh, Myungsoo! I don’t know what to do with you! One second, you’re talking then the next, you’re all so silent.” Jessica grunted and took a bite of her Belgian waffle.

     He raised his brows. “Do I really annoy you that much?”

     Jessica chuckled. He looked so innocent while asking. She wondered how can someone be so cute and hot and adorable all at the same time? But hey, what was she thinking? She shouldn’t have those kind of thoughts. It’s not healthy, Jessica. It really isn’t. She reminded herself.

     “If I say ‘yes’, would you stop pestering me?” she asked him.

     “Why would I?” he questioned back. “First of all, Miss Jung, I am not pestering nor annoying you. I’m not following you either. The reason why am I here because my dad sent me here for heaven knows what’s his reason but I have this feeling that this has something to do with that stupid engagement.”

     Jessica thought for a while. He has a point, she told herself. He wouldn’t be studying here if it wasn’t for his father. His father wouldn’t send him here to study if it wasn’t for their engagement. The thing is, she doesn’t know what their fathers want from them. Isn’t the engagement enough for them? Why do they keep on pushing the two of them to be together?

     “Crap, Jessica,” Myungsoo grunted in frustration. “Just run away with Donghae!”

     Jessica chuckled upon hearing what he just said. If only she could, she already did it a long time ago. But no, she doesn’t know why she can’t either. Maybe because he’s scared of her own father.

     “If only I could, I would really do it, Myung. But for now, I can’t.” Jessica replied, shaking her head as a bitter smile formed on her lips.

     Myungsoo noticed the looks that the students are giving the both of them. He was confused at first but then it hit him that yes, they all knew about the engagement. It feels odd for him because even if he’s just new in the university, the rest of the student already know him. Of course, why wouldn’t they know him? He’s the great Kim Myungsoo.

     Then out of a sudden, Myungsoo abruptly stood up from his seat as he placed both of his hands in his pockets. Jessica had gone confused on why he’s suddenly leaving her all alone when she’s not finished with her food yet.

     “Yah, why are you leaving me? You know I can’t eat alone!” Jessica asked her, whining like a kid.

     Myungsoo turned around to look at her and diverted his attention on the entrance of the cafeteria and back to Jessica. He shook his head as his lips curved into a bitter smile. “Well I guess your boyfriend doesn’t want to eat alone, as well? Go eat with him. I’m going. See you around.”

     Jessica’s eyebrows creased for a moment as she watched the disappearing figure of  Myungsoo. Then her eyes meet Donghae’s. Right there she knew what Myungsoo meant just a while ago.

     Well I guess your boyfriend doesn’t want to eat alone, as well?

     But Jessica knows to herself it’s impossible. Eating with him would only be possible if there are no people around them. But maybe it’s a good idea to ask him to eat with her since she has no one to eat with. She stood up and picked her tray up.

     She turned around and started walking towards him.

     “Oppa!”

     Jessica turned to look to where the sound came from and then it hit her. Qian.

     She stood frozen, like a statue. She looked at him who is currently looking at her as well. Funny how they love each other but they can’t be together as much as they want to.

     “Oppa! Hey!” Qian tried catching Donghae’s attention and when she did, Donghae immediately put his attention to her. Jessica felt crying but then after all, if it wasn’t for her, this wouldn’t happen to them. If it wasn’t for that stupid arranged marriage, none of these would happen.

     “Let’s go?” Jessica heard Qian ask Donghae. Before answering, Donghae looked at Jessica and so did Qian. Both of them noticed her existence. Jessica felt awkward when the both of them were looking at her.

     “Jessica?”

     Jessica turned around to see who’s the person who called her and even though she knows who is that person, she just turned around to see Myungsoo there. She felt like crying and it was a good thing that Myungsoo was there. She’s thankful that he came back. She’s thankful that he saved her from that awkward moment. She gave him a fake smile.

     “Feel like eating now, Myung?” she asked him, still wearing that fake smile of hers just to shrug the awkward moment off. She knows Donghae and Qian were still there. Myungsoo kept on looking at her and to those who are at the back.

     Myungsoo walked towards her and get the tray from her. “Come, I’ll eat with you.” He told her.

     Jessica walked ahead by him and heaved a deep sigh as she closed her eyes. She couldn’t fathom why should they act like they’re ex-lovers when they’re not? It just kills her. She knew the engagement was no good. Heaven knows how much she hated her situation right now.

 


     Myungsoo led her to the rooftop. Jessica was totally clueless on how did Myungsoo know about the way that leads to the rooftop and when she asked him, he just answered with a shrug. Seriously, he doesn’t know anything but to shrug. She’s starting to think that maybe shrugging is Myungsoo’s talent. But then, she asked him what they’re doing right there.

     “You don’t want to eat all alone, do you?” Myungsoo smiled a bit.

     For Jessica, she honestly likes it when he smiles. She was once told by Myungsoo’s mother that he doesn’t smile a lot. She learned that Myungsoo’s biological mother had passed away when he’s just seven and after that, he never really talked to anyone nor smiled. He likes being alone, he likes it when he has no company, he doesn’t mind if he doesn’t have any friends. For him, he’s better off without people surrounding him. It was a good thing that he manages to smile from time to time. Fake or not, at least, he manages to smile.

     “Wow, you talked,” Jessica replied sarcastically earning a chuckle from him.

     “Just eat, will you?”

     Jessica chuckled as well. “Since when the rooftop became a cafeteria to you, Myung?”

     Myungsoo gave her a look. He doesn’t know why she’s acting like that. She’s not usually sarcastic but she’s being one right now. Now, he’s witnessing the sassy side of Jung Jessica. She can be childish sometimes who likes to goof around. Wait, no. Scratch that. She’s always childish and he doesn’t know why but he finds her so cute.

     Wait, what was he thinking? As far as he’s concerned, he shouldn’t be thinking that way? He shouldn’t be. He’s not supposed to.

     He shrugged the thought away. “I said just eat. Why is my noona so stubborn?”

     Jessica laughed upon hearing him call her noona. She didn’t actually think that he would take it seriously. “But I thought you’ll eat with me?” she pouted.

     Upon seeing her acting cute again, he looked away. “You can’t take a joke, huh?”

     Jessica just shook her head and continued eating. She still hadn’t eaten her lasagna yet considering she’s been craving for it for quite a while now. While enjoying her meal, Jessica’s phone suddenly rang. She looked at the caller ID and it was Krystal. She looked at Myungsoo before answering the call. He looks like he’s sleeping but she has no idea if he’s really sleeping. Sometimes, he just wanted to close his eyes to think of things. Jessica shrugged and accepted the call.

     “Yah Soojung-ah, are you here already? Are your papers okay now? Just get your here in Korea immediately! I miss you so much! When’s your flight?” Jessica bombarded her sister with a lot of questions.

     “Why are you over reacting? It hasn’t been a month since I came back here! But I miss you too, anyway. How are you and you’re uh… fiancé?” Krystal replied.

     Jessica snorted. Good thing she didn’t put the call in a loudspeaker mode or else Myungsoo might heard Krystal. And it was pretty obvious that Krystal’s only asking if how is Myungsoo doing. “Don’t pretend like you’re asking if how I’m doing. We both know who it is you’re talking about. Come on, Jung Soojung. I know you so damn much,”

     “Oh please, unnie, cut it. I don’t like him, okay? Stop teasing me!” Krystal told her sister.

     Jessica just laughed. “Says the one who kept on throwing secret glances at him? Seriously, Krys? Plus, I’m not saying you like him! I’m not saying anything! Why so defensive, sissy?” she giggled.

     Jessica looked at Myungsoo. He really must be sleeping. He’s so quiet and he’s not moving an inch. She sighed in relief. Good thing he’s asleep! He won’t hear what we’re talking about. She thought.

     “Fine! You got me! But not to the point that I like him, alright? It’s just a crush! Not much of a big deal!” Krystal admitted.

     Jessica squealed like a dolphin causing Myungsoo to wake up abruptly. Myungsoo glared at her. “YAH! Why are you so loud?!”

     She covered and just looked at him with an amused face. She didn’t actually mean to wake him up. It’s just that she’s so happy to know that Krystal has a crush on him. Not much of a big deal, Krys? Ha! It’s a big deal, sissy.

     “OMG! HE’S WITH YOU?! HEY UNNIE, DON’T TELL ME HE’S WITH YOU? OH GOSH! WHAT DO I DO?! WHAT IF HE HEARD ME?!” Krystal shouted in complete English on the other line. She panicked after hearing Myungsoo’s voice asking her sister why is she so loud. Apparently, it’s quite deafening when Jessica’s squealing like a dolphin like she’s their long lost sister.

     Jessica was quite debating to herself whether to say sorry to Myungsoo first for being so loud or end the conversation first with Krystal. She mentally hit herself for squealing like that absentmindedly not considering the fact that there’s a person sleeping just across her.

     “I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to wake you up, Myung!” Jessica apologized with an apologetic look plastered on her face. “Excuse me, I’ll just talk with Krystal.”

     She distanced herself from where Myungsoo is and continued the conversation with her sister who is currently having a hysteria.

     “Calm down, dummy! He’s asleep while we’re talking. Your secret’s safe with me. You know you can always trust me, right? Don’t worry. He didn’t hear you. Please stop being all so hysterical right there!” Jessica laughed at her sister as she glanced at her wristwatch.

      Lunch is over in 30.

     “Hey look, I only have thirty minutes to finish my food and make my way to my class. We’ll just talk later, alright? Tell me if your papers are okay now and when are you going back here. Am I making myself clear, Krystal?” Jessica sounded like a serious sister to her younger sister. Her voice was full of authority, acting like a mother.

     “Papers are already done, unnie. I’ll be back there as soon as I can. I’ll just surprise you. Bye!” Krystal just abruptly ended the call.

 


     While walking back to their building, Myungsoo noticed the ring in Jessica’s finger. He never really thought that she’d wear it.  He personally bought that ring just because his father told him to do so. Of course, she’d wear it. People would doubt their engagement if ever she forgot to wear it. Just seeing that sparkling thing in her finger makes him think of a way to get Jessica out of their engagement. He knows to himself she’s bound to be with someone else and same goes with him. He needs to think of a way to get rid of their engagement.

     He just looked at her while they were walking. She’s walking ahead and her back was facing him. Thoughts were running round his head. She looked so carefree yet she can’t hide the fact that she’s bothered big time. He knows how much stress their engagement has giving to her because he also receives tons of it. Instead of Jessica being happy with Donghae, she’s forced to stay around him. Instead of him living his life being a bachelor, he’s being forced to marry someone. But he can’t see himself marrying for the next few years. Or maybe that’s just his perspective?

     That girl in front of her. Jung Jessica. He likes her, yes, a bit. But that a bit might turn into something more that may lead into something serious. That’s why he’s preventing himself to cross the line. As much as possible, he’s setting up his boundaries for him to always remember where to stand. He keeps on reminding himself that she’s with someone else, that she’s bound to be with someone else.

     Better stop this madness, Kim Myungsoo.

    

    

 

     “Look who’s grumpy today?” A woman’s voice was heard behind Donghae. He had gone confused at first but when he recognized the voice, he widened his eyes. Krystal?

     He turned around to see his girlfriend’s sister, giving him a teasing look with that smirk formed on her lips. He shook his head. She can be like her sister sometimes. He thought.

     “I thought you’re going back to New York? What are you doing here?” he asked her.

     “Looks like you haven’t talked to Sooyeon-unnie lately, huh?” she chuckled. “I actually went back to New York to get my papers done so that I could transfer here. I just got back yesterday.”

     Donghae gave her a nod. “Does J know?”

     “Your Baby J doesn’t know yet. I want to surprise her, though.” Krystal answered, still teasing her sister’s boyfriend. “But hey, why do you look so grumpy today? The sun is smiling but you’re not. What’s wrong?”

     He didn’t actually expect that she would ask and Krystal didn’t actually expect to ask him. She pretty knows why he’s grumpy knowing that Myungsoo is now around. She couldn’t help but to make fun of Donghae. Jessica always tells her how cute Donghae looked whenever he’s jealous and when he’s sulking. He’s like a serious five-year old kid who is sulking just because his mom refused to buy him an ice cream.

     “That Myungsoo guy, seriously.” He plainly answered with a hint of annoyance.

     Krystal laughed at him. Jessica was right about Donghae. He’s that possessive and always jealous. Maybe that’s one of the reasons why her unnie loves Donghae, he can’t afford to lose Jessica. “Myungsoo? Kim Myungsoo? Tch, why would you be jealous of him, oppa? Don’t you trust unnie? Look, I know Myungsoo’s handsome and hot and all but I’m sure that in Jessica-unnie’s eyes, you’re far greater than Kim Myungsoo.”

     Donghae chuckled. He was looking at Krystal carefully and as she mentions that guy’s name, her eyes were twinkling. That made him think that maybe, maybe Krystal likes Myungsoo.

     He shook his head as he crossed his arms, smiling. “I trust her, okay? We both trust each other. We may not see each other nor talk to each other more often now, I know we’re okay. And Soojung, please, I had enough of those. I know I’m the greatest to Sooyeon’s eyes. You can have Myungsoo now.” He teased and laughed at how Krystal’s cheeks instantly turned rosy pink.

     “Y-Yah! What are you talking about? Do you think I like him? Well, for your information mister, I don’t! Say anything you want but I don’t care! I don’t like him! I don’t like Myungsoo! Stop teasing me!” Krystal denied as she turned to look away to hide her rosy cheeks. “Why do you guys always tease me to him? Ah, jinjja!”

     Donghae continued to laugh at her. “What makes you so defensive and in-denial? Come on, I may not be your brother but I’ll soon, I’ll be. And I know it when girls like someone.”

     “I’m not defensive or in-denial! And what makes you say that? Are you even a girl?” Krystal fired back, still not facing the evil Donghae. How can someone be so grumpy then the next second they’re becoming evil to you?

     “Look, I have a sister too. I know it when she likes someone and let’s just say I see her in you.” Donghae answered, hands in his pockets.

     Krystal turned around to finally face him, sighing. “Oh yeah? So how did you come up with that conclusion?”

     He smirked. “You can fool everyone, but you can’t fool yourself, Krys. Besides, eyes can be a traitor sometimes.”

     Krystal gasped and covered her eyes. Donghae laughed at her childish act. It reminds him of Jessica. No doubt they’re sister although not genetically but since they grew up together, they’re alike in some ways.

     “You mentioned that Jessica doesn’t know you’re back yet, right?”

     Krystal shook her head, still not removing her hands that cover her eyes. Donghae laughed a bit.

     “Stop covering your eyes now, kid. Your secret’s safe with me even though you haven’t admitted it yet,” Donghae told her in which she did. “What are you planning to do now?”

     She shrugged. “Surprise my sister?”

     “When does your class start?” he asked.

     “Tomorrow,” She beamed and roamed her eyes around. She smirked. “No wonder you’re grumpy.”

     Donghae’s eyebrows creased. “What?” He looked at where Krystal’s looking and when he saw Jessica and Myungsoo walking together, he instantly frowned.

     It was Krystal’s turn to laugh at him. “Aigoo, my brother-in-law is jealous once again. I heard he accompanied unnie during lunch? I was actually talking to her earlier. Where were you during lunch?”

     Donghae huffed. “With Qian.” He answered as he kept a bored face.

     Her brows furrowed upon hearing an unfamiliar name. “Qian? Who’s Qian? Yah, who’s that girl? Is she the one unnie and Tiffany-unnie kept mentioning to me?”

     “Wait,” he muttered. “They’re mentioning her to you?”

     Krystal nodded. “The girl Jessica-unnie’s jealous of? The Chinese girl? Is she that girl they’re mentioning?”

     Donghae laughed and felt overwhelmed for no reason, well maybe the fact that he caught Jessica getting jealous of him and Qian too? Now they’re even.

     “She’s just a friend, okay? It’s just that we’re paired up for a thesis. That’s it!” he explained earning a not-so-convinced look from Krystal.

     She kept on throwing him unconvinced looks. “Better be sure or you’re dead, Lee Donghae.”

     Donghae laughed at her.

     “Don’t laugh at me, I’m serious.” she warned.

     He raised both of his hands like he’s some sort of a criminal. “Fine! But I’m sure, you know. Jung Jessica’s the only one.” He emphasized the last part of his statement.

     Her face eased and smiled at him.

     “Good,” she replied.

 

 

     Jessica and Myungsoo were walking out of their building after their class finally ended. It’s just that something, no, someone caught Jessica’s attention. It was Donghae talking with a girl. The girl’s back was facing her and her hair was pulled up in a bun. It’s clearly not Qian because her hair is black but the girl he’s talking to, her hair color is brown. She creased her eyebrows. That girl seemed familiar.

     “Isn’t that your sister?” Myungsoo asked her.

     Jessica snapped out of it and hurriedly ran to where Donghae and Krystal are. Myungsoo just shook his head, watching as his noona’s figure immediately sped off to where her sister is. He looked at Krystal. It has really been a while since he last saw her. It was the night of the engagement party as far as he could remember and yet, he hasn’t still introduced himself to her formally. Yeah, he knows she already know his name but he promised to formally introduce himself to her when they meet each other again.

     “SOOJUNG-AH!!” Jessica shouted as she called her sister’s name.

     It was a good thing that there aren’t much people around or else she could’ve gained a lot of attention. Her voice was surely loud that Myungsoo, Donghae and Krystal had almost gone deaf because of her loud voice. Sometimes, she can be worse than Tiffany.

     Krystal turned around only to be welcomed into her unnie’s big hug. Myungsoo slowly approached them. Donghae kept his cool upon seeing him going towards their direction. Krystal saw Myungsoo going towards them. She could feel the tension between Donghae and Myungsoo but the most dominant feeling she felt was her beating heart. It was faster than the usual one and she swore that anytime soon, her heart might explode anytime soon. Why was she feeling like this? Why does Myungsoo has a great impact to her?

     Jessica broke the hug and placed her hands on her sister’s shoulders. “I didn’t know you’re here! Yah, why didn’t you tell me you’re here already? When did you arrive? Aish, this little rascal, you should’ve told me!” she bombarded Krystal with questions.

     Krystal suddenly felt uneasy because of Myungsoo’s presence. She looked at her sister who is waiting for her answer. She managed to smile at her and say, “Surprise?”

     Jessica noticed the awkward atmosphere. Donghae was just behind her sister and Myungsoo was just behind her. Donghae was just looking at her as she stared back at him. Heaven knows how much she missed the guy in front of her. On the other hand, Krystal was nervously looking at Myungsoo. Both of his hands were in his pockets as he looked at her straight in the eyes.

     Krystal suddenly felt butterflies in her stomach as she looked at his eyes. It was pure black yet she finds those eyes amazing like they’re some kind of mysteries behind it. Her legs felt weak and as he looked away, she snapped out of it.

     Jessica fought the urge to hug Donghae. Not there, where there could be eyes laying on them. She looked at her sister with a big smile on her face. “I missed you, Soojung-ah!”

     Krystal chuckled. Now, she’s back with her usual self after losing her sanity on Myungsoo’s eyes. “It hasn’t been a month since I left and yet you still missed me? I’m only gone by weeks, unnie! Don’t be so over reacting!”

     “But still! I missed you!”

     “Missed me? Or missed him?” Krystal sister as she pointed to Donghae. Bingo. Both Krystal and Myungsoo chuckled and when they noticed, they had gone awkward once again. On the other hand, Jessica’s cheeks turned red.

     “Of course I do miss him!” Jessica said as she hid her pink cheeks. “But you missed me too, Soojung, right?”

     Krystal was wondering why’s Jessica being so clingy today with her. “I didn’t! I missed someone else!”

     Upon realizing what she just said, she immediately covered and mentally hit herself. Crap, I’m digging my own grave. She wished the ground would just swallow her at that very moment.

     Jessica smirked. “And who could be that someone else?” Jessica asked as she glanced at Myungsoo. He was looking away, probably not interested in listening their conversation. Donghae, on the other hand, was laughing silently at Krystal’s back.

     Krystal managed to compose herself. “Tiffany-unnie, perhaps?”

     “Are you sure?” Jessica raised an eyebrow at her, giving her a teasing smile.

     “Yes.. uh, no! Yes! Because we’re talking a lot latel ─ Why am I even explaining myself to you? Argh!” Krystal grunted in frustration and started walking away but then she stopped.

     “Myungsoo-ssi?”

     Myungsoo looked at her as he got her point. After all, he’s not that oblivious at all. He’s not born to be a third wheel as he stated before.

     Soon, Donghae and Jessica found themselves watching both Krystal and Myungsoo walk side by side as they walk away from them. As their figures disappeared, Donghae started to look around only to see that there are no people near them. He smiled as he faced Jessica.

     “Krystal mentioned to me that you’ve been mentioning Qian to her quite a lot lately.” He started.

     “Yes,” Jessica answered directly. “I’m jealous, what is it to you?” she crossed her arms as she turned to look at her.

     Donghae laughed at her. She really looked cute. “Do you think I’m not jealous too?”

     “And why would you be?”

     “Because I’m your one and only fiancé. I should be at his place. I should be the one to marry you. I should be your husband. I should be the one who’s always with you. I should be the only guy for you. And no matter how much I wanted to shout out loud to the world that you’re mine, I can’t. Because they’re fooled that you’re bound to be with someone else when you’re really bound to be with me.”

     His words touched her heart. His words made her feel really loved. She was moved into tears. She realized how lucky she is to be his girlfriend. It just shows that he really loves her that even after all this time, he’s still into her.

     Her hand absentmindedly moved and held his cheek. “I don’t care if they’re fooled. I don’t care if they believe that I’m with him. What’s important is that we both know to ourselves that we’re meant to be with each other, okay? Myungsoo’s nothing to me. I’m just his noona. In fact, I’m making a way for him to be close with Soojung!”

     Donghae chuckled. He looked at her for a good minute. They stared at each for quite a while until he hugged her. He missed hugging her, they missed being like this. Lately, all that they do is to miss each other.

     “Missed you, D.”

     “Thesis is done, J,” he told her. “Now there’s no reason for you to be jealous.”

     She broke the hug. “Really?” she asked earning a nod from him.

     She hugged him again with so much happiness. “Don’t worry, baby bear. I’ll find a way to get rid of this engagement. I’m sure Myungsoo’s finding a way too.”

     Donghae gave her a smile and hugged her back. “I missed my Baby J so damn much.”

     Jessica smiled at she closed both of her eyes. “Let’s all be happy.”

     Donghae nodded in agreement as he kissed her hair. “Let’s go on for a long time.”

     “I love you, babe.” He added.

     “I love you too.”

 

     “Aren’t they the sweetest?” Krystal giggled as she peeked at the couple. They didn’t actually walked away from them. They just hid somewhere where they could still see them.

     “I actually have no idea what are we up to, Miss Jung.” Myungsoo asked her, obviously not interested on what Krystal’s doing. Just then, he thought of something.

     Krystal was about to say something when he abruptly grabbed her wrist and started to drag her somewhere.

     “Hey! What do you think you are doing?” she asked him, quite clueless on where he’s taking her. “And where are you taking me?”

     Myungsoo didn’t utter a single word and led her to the parking lot. They only stopped in front of his car and let go of her. She glared at him. What does he think he is doing?

     “Get in.” Myungsoo stated as he opened the car door for her.

     “What?” she asked as if she didn’t hear him clearly.

     “Get in.” he repeated.

     “I know! But wh─”

     “Seriously, Miss Jung,” he sighed. “What part of that ‘get in’ didn’t you understand?”

     Krystal grunted and just got inside of his car. His car really smelled like lavender. She loved the scent somehow. She just felt that he’s already inside of his car and already started the engine. The next thing she knew was they’re speeding off.

     All throughout the ride, Krystal remained silent. She focused her attention to what is outside the window. As much as possible, she’s avoiding to look at him no matter how hot he looked while driving. She doesn’t know why but she has this thing with guys who drive with only one hand gripping the steering wheel. She must really be like Jessica.

     Her thoughts were interrupted when Myungsoo abruptly halted the car. She suddenly sat up straight and looked around to where the guy took her.

     Han River.

     She looked at him for a second and roamed her eyes. He was staring blankly ahead, thoughts were blocking his way to reality. It’s just when Krystal asked him that made him go back to his senses.

     “Why are we here?”

     Myungsoo turned to look at her. He stared at her innocent face for a good minute and then he smiled causing Krystal’s heart skip a beat.

     “I realized that I haven’t introduced myself formally to you yet.” He plainly answered with a smile curved on his lips, showing his dimples.

     Krystal raised an eyebrow at him.

     “You see, Miss Jung, we meet again.”

     Krystal pretty knows what he’s talking about. The thing is, she doesn’t know why he’s doing such thing. They’re both aware of each other’s existence and she knows they met again. Was he really serious with the destiny he’s talking about back then? She wondered to herself for a little while.

     He offered his hand to her for a handshake. “I’m Kim Myungsoo. You are?”

     Krystal looked at his hand before shaking it and smiled at him. “Krystal Jung or Jung Soojung whichever you prefer.”

     He smiled at her silly introduction. He looked at her straight in the eyes that sent shivers down to her spine.

     “It was nice to meet you again, Soojung.

 

_____________________________________________________________________

author’s note

Hi everyone! Sorry if I took so long before updating again! I’m really sorry for that and to make it up to you guys, here’s a long update! It’s just that I realized that I need to write a long chapter for not updating really soon. Well, sorry if the updates are slow. Anyways, comments are really appreciated! I feel so happy when I see your comments guys so please do. Also, no silent readers, please?

Thanks for still reading my story despite of the slow updates I make. Please bear with me, I’m a busy bee. Thanks again, everyone! Lots of love to y’all.