023

Skinny Love

023

JESSICA'S POV

 

"So Sooyeon, Miyoung told me that this place is owned by your boyfriend. Is it true?" Mom asked me just as I got back from the ladies' room.

Why is Tiffany being talkative all over again? Oh. I almost forgot that it's her nature. She's normally talkative and abnormally silent in which she rarely does.

Well, I guess Tiffany had told enough stories about me and the current happenings in my life to my mother and it occured to me that maybe, I could hire her as my personal spokesperson. Kidding.

I sat on my seat as I answered. "Uhm, yes it is. He actually runs this place together with his brother."

Mom seemed to look like impressed. One point for Lee Donghae, I guess? 

I just noticed that she kept on roaming her eyes around as if she's searching for something or someone I don't know. Probably Donghae? Wait, does she want to meet Donghae?

"But you know, it's quite impressive to know that he has a thing when it comes to business. I love that." Mom told with a satisfied smile. 

One point for Lee Donghae, indeed.

Tiffany turned to me and silently clapped her hands as she showed me her infamous eyesmile and a childish grin formed on her lips.

And then again, she looked around, probably admiring the place, craving for the foods in the menu, or maybe she's really looking for Donghae? Too bad, he's not here. Besides, he doesn't know I'm going here anyway. And yeah, I didn't even think that I would go here if it wasn't for my mother who's craving for Mexican foods lately.

"By the way, sweetie, is he, perhaps, around?" I knew she was looking for him. 

I looked around and the place shows no sign of Donghae. Much to my disappointment. I don't even know if Donghwa-oppa's around as well. Some of the staffs greeted us when we stepped in considering we're always here. We would always go here. Of course, this is our favorite place. Tiffany and I would always go here if we're hungry and if we're craving for some tacos.

"I don't think he's here," I replied, still looking all over the place. "Besides, he mentioned that he has papers to finish so yeah, maybe he's at home." 

"Oh," Mom muttered and just nodded her head, quite disappointed. Okay. I feel like she's really eager to meet Donghae and to know more about him. "I see. Let's just wait for the food and eat, then." she gave me and Tiffany a warm yet excited smile. Mom's really cute when she's excited. She looks like a kid.


While we were waiting for the food, Tiffany suddenly gasped and grinned at me like a joker. She waggled her brows to me with while grinning playfully. Did she lose her sanity a few seconds ago? Why is she looking at me weirdly? I furrowed my eyebrows and mouthed 'what' to her.

She suddenly turned to look at my mom with a happy expression plastered on her face, like she's excited to because mom's going to give her a present anytime soon. She placed her left hand on top of my mother's right hand. 

"He's here, Aunt!"

Who's here?

Me and mom instantly turned to look at the back to see Donghae who just entered the place. He smiled at us. Well, I see that it's a nervous smile as he scratched the back of his head. Seriously, he looks like a kid when he does that. After all, he's physically and mentally a five-year old.

"Donghae!" I called out his name as I stood up from my seat and approached him. Honestly, I gave him a look and I think he got my point. Yes, I told him that I'm nervous and yes, he did reply the same thing. Told you, we have a telepathy. No wonder we're made for each other.

"Hey, princess." he greeted as he hugged me in which I pulled away immediately because hello, one, my mom is around, and two, my mom is around and three, go back to one.

I pulled him closer since he's quite far from where our table is. Now, he's standing right in front of my mother. I bet he's really nervous. He didn't expect such thing would happen. I never did expect it but then my mom came and it just happened that Tiffany had told her about everything she could tell about me and that's why my mom knew about Donghae whom she really wants to meet and know.

"So, you're Donghae!" Mom enthusiastically told and shook Donghae's hand. "I've heard a lot about you."

Donghae, however, seemed to be really nervous that he only managed to let out a nervous chuckle.. "Annyeong haseyo, Mrs. Jung. I'm Lee Donghae. It's nice to finally meet you." he greeted her in a formal way.

It's nice to see them get a long well. I never really dreamed of this. This felt surreal. Everything that happened today felt surreal. Me and my mom patched thing up already, Mom meeting Donghae for the first time, Me and my mom having a bonding. The feeling's good. Everything is good.

"Just call me Aunt Soojin, yes?" Mom insisted. Eh? Jinjja?

Donghae nodded as a reply. "Sure will, Au—"

"Ani, ani. Scratch that! Call me mom, instead!" My mom must have really like him. Seriously? She really did tell him to call her mom? Wow. I lost count. How many points for Lee Donghae?

He raised his eyebrows, absolutely surprised. "N-neh?" 

I as well was prettu stunned. Tiffany either. 

"Call me mom! You'll be my son-in-law in the future, anyway." my mom told him. Oh my freaking gosh. Did she just tell him that? Oh my, my mom is seriously into this guy that she wanted him to be her son-in-law already. But, that's a good sign. At least, I know that she likes Donghae for me.

"Ah, neh, eomeoni." Donghae bowed once again. 

He kept on bowing, seriously. Ah jinjja, my Donghae is really polite. 

 

"Your name sounds familiar though," My mom wondered as we all settled down in our seats, still waiting for the food. "I promise I've heard it before."

"Ah, neh. My Dad. Lee Dongha. He's the CEO of the Lee Co." Donghae replied with a smile on his face.

"Ah yes! Yes, yes, you are his son!" My mom seemed to recall him already. Sure, she also knows Sunny since she'll soon be taking over the company. Donghae once told me that Sunny's really into business and I can see that from her. Apparently, the three of them has this thing with business. I once asked Donghae why he doesn't want to take over the place of his dad. He told me that he gave up that position for Sunny because she really wanted to be a CEO someday. And that's why I love him more. He's really thoughtful and caring and loving and all that he gave up such a big opportunity for his own sister.

"I heard once your sister, Soonkyu graduate, she'll take over the company. How about you?" My mom asked him.

"Dad and I agreed that maybe I can be the vice president since my brother, Donghwa, just wanted to run this business we have." he replied as I stared into his eyes. He's really charming. From the way he looks, from the way he flashes his brown orbs at me, the way he smiles and looks at me. Everything I feel is magic. Like this love is a magical one. This love is good.

"Good! Well, I guess I'll be meeting you quite often in the future." my mom nodded. She really looks satisfied with him. I don't know why but it's really rare to see my mother being likes this. She's usually grumpy and choosy and everything. But maybe because she knows his family that's why she really likes him for me? 

"I hope so too." Donghae agreed.

"You too really match well. I really can't wait to see my grandchildren." My mom smirked. 

"EOMMA!" I reacted as fast a lightning. What was she thinking? Seriously? Grandchildren at this point? You're kidding me.

"I know, Aunt! I really tried so hard to match-make this two and now they're finally together, I just can't wait for them to marry and to have kids so that I'll finally meet my godchildren." Tiffany agreed to my mom.

One fact: My mom and Tiffany really get along more than myself.

 

When the food came, mom really ate a lot and she keeps on complimenting the delicious tacos they serve that she even broadcasted to everyone in the place that Grill5Taco is now her favorite place and the tacos they serve is her favorites. Seriously, my mom. She's always serious but now, she seemed like she had gone crazy. I don't know what happened to her but I love her now. I mean, I love the mom I am seeing now. It's good to know that she's really good with Donghae. It's good to know that everything between us are now okay. Generally, everything is okay now. I just wish it'll last forever. Now, I can't wait to introduce Donghae to my Dad. I told mom about it and she seemed okay with it. Even though they're already divorced, they're still in-touch with each other considering Soojung is still my father's concern as well.

Things are getting better now.

Things are slowly falling into its right places.

I wish everything that'll happen in the future will turn out good.

I wish it would.

END OF POV

"Did you tell her already?" a old man was heard over the phone.

Soojin don't know what to say. "I still haven't," she replied. "Look, Jangwon, I just patched things up with her! I can't just ruin it all over again! We're okay now! Considering the fact that she's happy with her currrent relationship now!"

No one answered.

"Please, just don't do this to our daughter, Jangwon. She'll be mad as hell and I swear she'll hate us forever!" Soojin tried her best to convince her former husband to stop what he's planning to do.

"It's for the sake of the company, Soojin. Stop telling me what to do." The old man stated firmly.

"Happiness was taken from her ever since she was a child, Jangwon. Don't take it away from her now that she has it." Soojin replied as she cried. "Please, just stop the plan. Just let her be."

"Everything's settled, Soojin," Mr. Jung simply replied. "It can't be stopped. Now, I need you to tell her as soon as possible."

"Please, don't do thi—" the call was cut as it ended.

Soojin can't do anything. She doesn't want to hurt her daughter. She doesn't want her to be mad at her all over again. It was not what she wanted to happen. She just want her daughters to be happy. But she guess that luck wasn't by her side.

"I'm sorry, Sooyeon," she cried as more tears went streaming down her face. "I'm really sorry."

 

___________________________________

author's note

kinda short because i'm in a rush :) what do you think will happen next? comment! ^^

p.s. tomorrow's the second day of exams so goodluck to me :)

love ya guys!!